PDA

View Full Version : lots of problems

macneil
January 18th, 2009, 01:57 AM
has anyone els had trainz all of a sudden go bad with heaps of problems i made a new user account on my computer to use and when i tried 2 play trainz i kept getting problems like game freezing,not starting,black screen and then wen it did get the the surveyor section when i opened the rout it just sits there i tried deleteing assets tdx and cache but it didnt help so i made a new user account and tried trainz it worked but in surveyor after i placed sum trainz and went to test the rout it asks me if i want to save and then just goes back to surveyor and i cant test the route and cmp gives me an error message about cannot commit but the message only pops up long enough to read the first sentance and i cant seem to fix it

Bill69
January 18th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Hi macneil,

Are you using Windows Vista or Windows XP?

Bill69

macneil
January 18th, 2009, 03:09 AM
sorry i should have posted hat im useing vista 32bit

JCitron
January 18th, 2009, 02:04 PM
You may have a permissions problem with running the program. Windows Vista, like its relatives Windows NT4.0, Win2k, and WinXP, allow or disallow applications from executing based on the user login.

Windows Vista and above have taken the user-login even further and have made it so that certain programs require administrator access in order to operate with the operating system because of the way they handle files.

I suggest that you try to reinstall Trainz under your current ID using administrator rights. This will ensure that the program has the correct permissions to operate properly.

Why did you try a new login may I ask?

John

macneil
January 19th, 2009, 12:48 AM
my brother has gotten to the age he likes computer games and the only other computer is my parent laptop so he plays games on my computer and i made a new account and i used the new 1 because the old 1 was clutterd up i got trainz to eventualy run now im just trying to find out how to get the two locos i downloaded to work right