PDA

View Full Version : Logged in but not logged in

big_b
January 16th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I logged in to the forum read a few posts then replied to one.Then when I tried to submit the reply it said I had to be logged in to do so.The log on screen came up even though it showed me already logged in with access to all areas of the forum available.

Dave

Captain_Collins
January 16th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I logged in to the forum read a few posts then replied to one.Then when I tried to submit the reply it said I had to be logged in to do so.The log on screen came up even though it showed me already logged in with access to all areas of the forum available.

Dave
Hi big_b,:wave:
This forum has a setting that will log a user out after a certain period of inactivity. Inactivity in this case is classed as not navigating to different threads. Therfore if there is a very long thread that you have read all the way through the forum may have logged you out. All you have to do to confirm this is correct is on the login screen that you reference above (the one that appears after trying to make a post), scroll up to the login area on one of the bars at the top of the page and it should have no login details there. If it does, then there is an error with the forum and you should contact the helpdesk.

All you need to do normally is to log back in and your post should appear.

Hope this helps,