PDA

View Full Version : Foreign language instructions

leggey
January 9th, 2009, 05:53 AM
I don't know about anyone else, 'cause I haven't seen any comments, but some of the header comments about the scenario are not in English. Marias Pass, for instance, is in German. Others are in French. Of course, this means that I cannot understand what I have to do...:confused:

I have got the retail boxed Aussie version with SP1.
Anyone else got the same problem???

Steve

fuzzies
January 9th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Upon reading other similar posts I found that it is a known issue and may or not be addressed in an upcoming service pack.

Hope this help,
Lenny

ColPrice2002
January 9th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Hi,

Anyone else got the same problem???

I guess there are lots of people with a similar problem - lots of the instructions are in English - which isn't their first langauge so they have to struggle to understand them as well.

It's one of the problems of an Internationally sucessful product - people create routes and scenarios in their own language. These become popular and are available (via DLS or otherwise) to everyone.

It is possible for the creator to add the different languages in files, however, that requires a good working knowledge of railway terms in several languages - not very likely. The cost of a professional translator would be prohibitive.

I look on it as an opportunity to try to learn a little bit more French/German/Spanish ....

Happy 2009,

Colin

rweber95
January 9th, 2009, 09:17 PM
You can always use Bablefish or Google Translator.

Bob

jamy
January 10th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Hi,

I guess there are lots of people with a similar problem - lots of the instructions are in English - which isn't their first langauge so they have to struggle to understand them as well.

It's one of the problems of an Internationally sucessful product - people create routes and scenarios in their own language. These become popular and are available (via DLS or otherwise) to everyone.

It is possible for the creator to add the different languages in files, however, that requires a good working knowledge of railway terms in several languages - not very likely. The cost of a professional translator would be prohibitive.

I look on it as an opportunity to try to learn a little bit more French/German/Spanish ....

Happy 2009,

Colin

Well Its a good Job Auran don't make cars, Because the steering wheel would be on the Left

pware
January 10th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I don't know about anyone else, 'cause I haven't seen any comments, but some of the header comments about the scenario are not in English. Marias Pass, for instance, is in German. Others are in French. Of course, this means that I cannot understand what I have to do...:confused:

Auran have supplied the corrected English language versions for these sessions.

Go to the DLS, tick check box 2009 (turn all the others off), select radio button Title, type Intro in the text search dialogue box then click Search...

... and voila (pardon the French) - there are 17 to download. They will replace your existing non English instruction versions.

Peter Ware

ColPrice2002
January 10th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Jamy

Well Its a good Job Auran don't make cars, Because the steering wheel would be on the Left

They're not that bad! Australians drive on the correct side of the road (mostly) - same as us.

It just looks like the other side because it's upside-down from here.

Colin

johnwhelan
January 10th, 2009, 01:51 PM

Aren't all steering wheels on the left? Whenever I rent a car they always seem to be on the left.

Cheerio John