PDA

View Full Version : How to download content

SD70ACE17
December 30th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Ok, I have spent about 20 hours trying to get trainz 06 fixed from the FATAL ERROR's of death.:confused: and I'm convinced downloading content screwed it up. How do I download with out screwing up my game.? It's completely stupid to buy this game if you can't download stuff without the freezes and crashes.:(
What's the deal. I really like this game but I refuse to put up with the crap load of freezes and crashes again. Is there a fix to this? I want to thank every one that helped me with getting the game fixed. If you have a problem with fatal error's, the only way i could get rid of them was to delete everything and start over.
Thanks again,
Landon

Johnk
December 31st, 2008, 12:14 AM
If you look around you'll see that you're the only one having those problems. It suggests to me that the problem is with your computer, not the program itself. There are many things that can go wrong - Internet connection being interrupted, program not installed properly etc. I wonder if you defragmented your hard disk before installing trains? It's a bit like washing a dirty bowl before using it. Then did you clean out your Windows registry using a program like CCleaner? I guess you did, so maybe it's a bad install. I suggest that you uninstall Trains using the Uninstall function in CCleaner or Windows Add/remove programs, then run CCleaner again followed by a defrag. Defrag will go much faster - like 4 hours compared to 4 days if you turn off your anti virus program first. Speaking of which, you do have one I hope. If you have two running, that's probably your problem. You might even run Spybot before installing the program again. With version 2006, you must install the service packs before downloading anything. This is essential because the SP's must be installed over a clean copy of Trainz.

Good luck, because nothing is worse than having a problem no-one else has.

Edit: I read your post again and it seems that fatal errors are not something new. I'm running XP home and I haven't seen the blue screen of death since I installed it a few years back. The blue screen of death is purely a Windows issue. Trainz should not cause it. The problem is usually associated with viruses, hijackers, damaged windows files, crook memory, mother board unstable, etc. etc., and etc. It also suggests that you're running an older version of Windows, probably on an older machine with limited capacity. Trains is designed to run on modern equipment with the latest video cards (of the period) and drivers. Maybe you're taxing your computer to the max? Maybe the OS is too old? I don't think I'd like to run Trainz on Win 98, but someone's probably doing it as I speak.

SD70ACE17
December 31st, 2008, 01:59 AM
If you look around you'll see that you're the only one having those problems. It suggests to me that the problem is with your computer, not the program itself. There are many things that can go wrong - Internet connection being interrupted, program not installed properly etc. I wonder if you defragmented your hard disk before installing trains? It's a bit like washing a dirty bowl before using it. Then did you clean out your Windows registry using a program like CCleaner? I guess you did, so maybe it's a bad install. I suggest that you uninstall Trains using the Uninstall function in CCleaner or Windows Add/remove programs, then run CCleaner again followed by a defrag. Defrag will go much faster - like 4 hours compared to 4 days if you turn off your anti virus program first. Speaking of which, you do have one I hope. If you have two running, that's probably your problem. You might even run Spybot before installing the program again. With version 2006, you must install the service packs before downloading anything. This is essential because the SP's must be installed over a clean copy of Trainz.

Good luck, because nothing is worse than having a problem no-one else has.

Edit: I read your post again and it seems that fatal errors are not something new. I'm running XP home and I haven't seen the blue screen of death since I installed it a few years back. The blue screen of death is purely a Windows issue. Trainz should not cause it. The problem is usually associated with viruses, hijackers, damaged windows files, crook memory, mother board unstable, etc. etc., and etc. It also suggests that you're running an older version of Windows, probably on an older machine with limited capacity. Trains is designed to run on modern equipment with the latest video cards (of the period) and drivers. Maybe you're taxing your computer to the max? Maybe the OS is too old? I don't think I'd like to run Trainz on Win 98, but someone's probably doing it as I speak.

NO it's the game because it run will fine on any PC, when you delete all the corrupted files that this game creates by the horrible downloading process. Not trying to be a know it all or am I trying to bash auran, but when you spend as much time as I have on this crapy software. It gets old. I was not getting the blue screen of death. I meant Software failure error's. It does this when you download corrupted file's, witch you don't know there corrupted until you get the error's. It screw's everything up. I have ran every DAIG test there is and It passes. everything on my computer has been updated. I reinstalled the game 5 times, and until i deleted every last file and reinstalled again! could I even get the thing to launch. The corrupted files don't show up. The game creates fake error's that have nothing to do with the problem. So it make's it impossible to find the actual problem. This game is ONE big headache. I'm just glad it's all over.:hehe: :hehe: :D

Landon

john259
December 31st, 2008, 02:32 AM
Landon,

It might be worth you trying TRS2004 if you can find a copy on sale for a reasonable price. It has a different system for downloading and managing assets that some people find much simpler and more reliable.

John

SD70ACE17
December 31st, 2008, 09:01 AM
Landon,

It might be worth you trying TRS2004 if you can find a copy on sale for a reasonable price. It has a different system for downloading and managing assets that some people find much simpler and more reliable.

John

Hello John,

It's not that it's hard to use, but it is unreliable. I like trainz 06, but I'm guessing trainz 04 will still have corrupted files. I just want to download a few routes, rolling stock , locomotives without having to delete everything and starting over.

Thanks,
Landon

ct_krogen
December 31st, 2008, 10:26 AM
mm i been useing trs06 for a few years, andi not had a problem with
files being corruped files,, when d/led,,,give us some screen shots of these errors,,,

NO it's the game because it run will fine on any PC, when you delete all the corrupted files that this game creates by the horrible downloading process. Not trying to be a know it all or am I trying to bash auran, but when you spend as much time as I have on this crapy software. It gets old. I was not getting the blue screen of death. I meant Software failure error's. It does this when you download corrupted file's, witch you don't know there corrupted until you get the error's. It screw's everything up. I have ran every DAIG test there is and It passes. everything on my computer has been updated. I reinstalled the game 5 times, and until i deleted every last file and reinstalled again! could I even get the thing to launch. The corrupted files don't show up. The game creates fake error's that have nothing to do with the problem. So it make's it impossible to find the actual problem. This game is ONE big headache. I'm just glad it's all over.:hehe: :hehe: :D

Landon

john259
December 31st, 2008, 10:31 AM
There are some hints on downloading, finding missing assets, and mending broken ones here (http://www.johncletheroe.org/trainz/download/index.htm). It's written for TRS2004 so you'll need to make adjustments for TRS2006 and CMP. Unfortunately the Trainz Objectz program isn't compatible with TRS2006.

John

SD70ACE17
December 31st, 2008, 12:48 PM
mm i been useing trs06 for a few years, andi not had a problem with
files being corruped files,, when d/led,,,give us some screen shots of these errors,,,

Well there will always be people who will never have problems, But I'm not one of them.:( :p

Description:

Class: Hardware
Reason: Access Violation
Version: Jet vRRRRR.RR Build 1234.5.QQQQQ

Exeption @ 004235EF in C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Bin\Launcher.exe

Recoverable exception: Yes

EAX: 00000000 EBX: 00000000 ECX: 025EED00 EDX: 025ED00
ESP: 025EECC8 EBP: 004B2E70 ESI: 00000000 EDI: 03C46864

DS: 00000023 FS: 0000003B
ES: 00000023 GS: 00000000
SS: 00000023 CS:EIP: 001B: 004235EF

Flags: 00010246 (CF:0 ZF:1 SF:0)

Call Stack:

004235EF - 00000001(+225EF) C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Bin\Launcher.exe

The launcher has nothing to do with the problem because I had just played the game for 2 hours before I downloaded a car this morning . I know for a fact that the downloading screw's it up. It has every time. I think I have a corrupted CMP program. Because I have installed on 2 different computers and still the same problem. AS soon as I download something I get that error. That leads me to believe there is a faulty program to blame.

Landon

ct_krogen
December 31st, 2008, 08:47 PM
mmm, looks like there maybe a hardware problem on that computer,,,,
you need to send thsi to help desk.. and see what they say....

Description:

Class: Hardware
Reason: Access Violation
Version: Jet vRRRRR.RR Build 1234.5.QQQQQ

could been a error in that car, and when you deleted it it did not remove every thing,,,,, I hop you can get this fixed,,,,,,

The launcher has nothing to do with the problem because I had just played the game for 2 hours before I downloaded a car this morning . I know for a fact that the downloading screw's it up. It has every time. I think I have a corrupted CMP program. Because I have installed on 2 different computers and still the same problem. AS soon as I download something I get that error. That leads me to believe there is a faulty program to blame.

Landon[/quote]

PerRock
December 31st, 2008, 09:05 PM
when you spend as much time as I have on this crapy software. It gets old.

There are alot more experienced people here for this program. Less than a month is not a lot of time using Trainz compaired to most people here.

on to your problem.

A couple points:

1)How are you downloading and installing content?
2)Is it the same thing that you keep downloading that may be causing the program crash? (experiment)
3)What did you download just prior to the crash?
4)What is your computers specs?

peter

Edit: one more!

5)When does the program crash? upon launch? while working in surveyor? in railyard?

Johnk
December 31st, 2008, 09:39 PM
Landon,this is a long shot, but maybe worthwhile. When I purchased TRS2006 I got it from a local game store because it was on special. it was the 5 cd version. It was some time ago, my memory is a bit rusty, but here's what happened: I do recall having problems with the install so I checked the quality of each CD with Nero. My version has a disc quality checker which has proven to be invaluable. If you don't have a commercial nero, such a checker should be available as freeware.

Anyway, Nero found several errors on disc four. When I reinstalled Trainz, I noticed delays with disc four as if the computer was struggling to retrieve data. I cancelled the install and made a copy of the disc using Nero in error checking mode. It copied the disc okay and no errors were reported. I confirmed this by doing yet another disc check.

I then installed Trainz for the third or fourth time and my new disc four went through like a breeze. Trainz ran perfectly. I re-installed the program on a new computer only a week or two ago using my replacement disc and all went fine.

Can you do a disc check to see if you have a similar problem? As I said, it's a long shot but maybe the CD drive on one of your computers has a dirty lense making it difficult to get a clean read.

Regards

John

SD70ACE17
December 31st, 2008, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=PerRock;382814]There are alot more experienced people here for this program. Less than a month is not a lot of time using Trainz compaired to most people here.

on to your problem.

A couple points:

1)How are you downloading and installing content?
2)Is it the same thing that you keep downloading that may be causing the program crash? (experiment)
3)What did you download just prior to the crash?
4)What is your computers specs?

peter

Edit: one more!

5)When does the program crash? upon launch? while working in surveyor? in railyard?[/QUOTE

Ok

SP1 has fixed my problem.

And I think for good.

I see your point, but The faulty assest's in the game it's self are the problem. You can download faulty assest's as well. witch I think I had both of them. My computer is not the problem, it never was. I have ran DIAG TEST AFTER DAIG TEST and it passed every time. all specs pass. There is not one thing on my computer that's out of date. I think people think it's there computer and they spend hours fixing there computer but it's the game along. I am not saying this is always the case. It's just happened that for me.:) and you can't go by the error's ether because "I think that the game sends false error's." Just a thought. I could be wrong and I have been till I found the problem and fixed the problem my self. I thank every one once again for your help. The end result has paid off. I download my first locomotive and test drove it in rail diver. AND KNOW MORE ERROR'S. q:Y:

HAPPY NEW YEAR,
Landon

PerRock
December 31st, 2008, 09:51 PM
All built in content is required to be error free. If any changes to program are made after the content is added it is fixed so that at release there are no errors in anything.

Most errors in the content come from downloading content that was built for an earlier version. this does not mean it won't work; just it has a higher chance of having an error.

peter

Johnk
December 31st, 2008, 10:15 PM
Langdon, In all fairness to those who responded, I'm not so sure you fixed the problem yourself. It was suggested to you some time back that SP1 must be installed on a clean version of TRS 2006. If you downloaded or added a single thing to TRS2006 before running SP1, in so doing, you inadvertently created the problem that's been bugging you all this time.

I'm glad it's finally over.

regards,

John

SD70ACE17
December 31st, 2008, 10:59 PM
Langdon, In all fairness to those who responded, I'm not so sure you fixed the problem yourself. It was suggested to you some time back that SP1 must be installed on a clean version of TRS 2006. If you downloaded or added a single thing to TRS2006 before running SP1, in so doing, you inadvertently created the problem that's been bugging you all this time.

I'm glad it's finally over.

regards,

John

I said thank you to everyone that helped me ABOUT 2O times. I still was the one that had to do all the work.:o Thanks again to ALL that helped me. I guess I need to read more closely. Sorry about that. I will do so from now on.

Thanks again,
Happy New Year,
Landon

illinoiscentral
December 31st, 2008, 11:03 PM
John, you said" in all fairness to everybody else", I personally don't believe he aid that at all! He thanked everyone for their help. I can't see why you corrected him for something he didn't do!
Regards, Woody.