PDA

View Full Version : SP1 Crashes?!

briman0094
December 30th, 2008, 10:10 PM
I just downloaded and installed SP1 for TS2009 because of the 250+ fixes that it contained. I tried to run Trainz from the launcher that the original setup put on my desktop and it crashed at startup. I did some maintenance in the /bin folder and ran the launcher straight from there. Trainz ran, so I replaced the launcher on the desktop with the one in the /bin folder. I went to edit a session that I created. I finished editing and hit "Quick drive", then got an error like this:
http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v1974/245/44/1058002019/n1058002019_30074357_2951.jpg.

I found that whenever I exit a mode (Driver, Surveyor, etc.), it gives me this error. I tried clearing the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\... of all of the Auran data, but still got the message. What went wrong? Help! :eek:

Johnk
December 31st, 2008, 12:31 AM
I had the devil's own time trying to get SP1 to work. Trainz 2009 installed perfectly, but SP1 went into limbo. I reinstalled it but still no go. I eventually ran Trainz anyway and it started to "fix" the CMP database which it claimed was damaged. It took a long time but eventually all seemed okay, and still seems okay.

Wasn't that a great help? It seems that some people have also had trouble with SP1 and others haven't. I wonder if it has anything to do with those of use running dual processors? Just a thought.

fuzzies
December 31st, 2008, 07:50 AM
I too have a dual core, I'm running xp pro. Yesterday I installed sp3 for xp, trs2009 and sp1. The installations all worked fine. I did notice that while "repairing" the asset database that sp1 was sort of stuck a bit past half way while doing the repair. I left the room, came back maybe 30 minutes later and the patch was complete.

Had you all allowed the patch enough time to do what had to be done?
Did you disable your anti-virus?

I had removed my internet cable also. I'm not sure if this had any effect but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I dont have many things on my notification area running. My Clock, Nvidia control panel, firewall, disabled Norton, and speaker.

I'm not sure any of this helps you all get going, but it worked for me. I guess the next thing to do is hope you guy have a successful install.

Good luck, and have a great New Years,
Lenny

lunabromo
December 31st, 2008, 08:07 AM
Same problem here when i install sp1 and try to do a tutorial after 5 min my computer shuts down and restart.
Then the messag come from XP that my computer is recoverd from a seriuos error.
So untill now i don't use SP1.

Happy newyear for all

Johnk
December 31st, 2008, 08:32 AM
Hi Lenny, in retrospect I think my problem was exactly the same. What threw me was that TRS2009 plus SP1 were clean installs so I didn't think any repairs were needed for the Asset database. I usually kill AVG but I sometimes forget. I seldom if ever have failed installations and I do test a lot of software for my PC Tutorials site. I may install and remove as many as ten programs a week.

Fireworks are going off everywhere. it must be getting close to that time here in OZ.

Have a good one everybody!