PDA

View Full Version : Save Content

tex38
December 26th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Hi,

I have just purchased Trainz 2009 and find the Download Station to be disgustingly slow at only 3 - 10kps average on my 1500 DSL, Is this normal?

But having said that, I would like to save what I have downloaded so I don't have to download it all again after the inevitable Windows crash.

Can someone help me on how to do this please?

Is there a directory where all the content is installed to that can be backed up and imported?

Tex38

rweber95
December 27th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Anything that you've downloaded, or created, is stored in the ..\Auran\TS2009\local folder.

Bob

VinnyBarb
December 27th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Re speed of downloading, if you do not have a FirstClass Ticket for downloading, your speed will be restricted to around dial up speed.

What is a FCT I hear you asking?, If purchased, it will allow you to d/load at much higher d/load speed and also helps to maintain the servers where the DLS is on.

You can purchase a FCT through AURAN's shop, link to it is (I think) on the DLS page.

Another way to d/load is via FTP, link and password for it is on the download page from where you can d/load CTPs to your hard disk to install later into your game. Or from within CM2 you can export content as CTPs perhaps onto a backup drive or CD/DVD for use if one has to restore something.

Cheers and have fun :)

VinnyBarb

bernhart_lossiemouth
December 27th, 2008, 02:32 PM
cut out the negative vibes tex38. this forum is happy and gay. we will help you, just dont shout at us.

BL