PDA

View Full Version : A new era of Trainz begins! TS2009 WBE is Live.

Tony_Hilliam
November 27th, 2008, 01:38 AM
As Thanksgiving dawns in the United States today, what better day could there be to thank all the contributors to the latest edition of Trainz.

Trainz Simulator 2009: World Builder Edition has gone gold today and is now available for Digital Download. If you have pre-ordered the DD version, please check your email for instructions on downloading.

Of course if you haven't yet ordered you can now also order the full version at the Auran Shop (http://www.auran.com/auran/shop.php) and be one of the first to experience the next step in the evolution of the Trainz franchise.

This is a very exciting time for all the crew here at Auran Games and for all you train fans who make the Trainz Community such a special place.

We have also opened a new TS2009 forum for owners of Trainz. Log in to your Planet Auran account for access.

It's now time for a well earned celebratory beer.

Trainz Team

VinnyBarb
November 27th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Hooray, good one Tony, I wish you all the best with the new release of TRS09. Well done: :Y: :Y: :Y:

I am going to have a beer on you :)

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Dinorius_Redundicus
November 27th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Judging by the spelling of the thread title, I think the drinking has already begun!:p

Anyway I hope "Traiz 2009 World Builder Edition" does well.

AussieNightcrawler
November 27th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Awesome, I get paid tomorrow... :cool:

Its beer o'clock here too. :)

Zephyr_Pilot
November 27th, 2008, 02:24 AM
A serial number would be nice :)

Was missing from the email notification. :(

rmlawton
November 27th, 2008, 02:31 AM
The serial number is also missing from my e-mail.

Tony_Hilliam
November 27th, 2008, 02:36 AM
All fixed now. :D

Another employee lies in a bloody mess on the floor... (/joke)

rmlawton
November 27th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Just got another e-mail with the serial number in, Thanks everyone at Auran.

colhad
November 27th, 2008, 03:08 AM
It is indeed exciting times. I'm not able to purchase online as I don't have a credit or debit card. When can we expect TS2009 to become available in stores??

Looking forward to seeing it, I'd love to share a beer with ya's all at Auran but a beer could mean 12 beers for me. I'd lose count after a while.:p

WileeCoyote
November 27th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Hey Tony, just give me a holler and I'll send a few tanker loads of the local Duff your way:p

WileeCoyote:D

MAGLEVSX
November 27th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Hoo ray! (Im To young to crack open a tinnie yet!)

But anyway I have One Question??????????????????????????????????????????

Auran is an australian company so why is the url Only contain a... .com

and a not .com.au?

And Why is the price set as USD, and not australian currency?

Just wondering But anyway!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:p

lewisner
November 27th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Great news! Any chance of sending the Auran team round to fix my PC ?:(

Zephyr_Pilot
November 27th, 2008, 04:03 AM

Ah geeze Tony.

At least you coulda tied him/her to the railway tracks...

MAGLEVSX
November 27th, 2008, 04:14 AM
It is indeed exciting times. I'm not able to purchase online as I don't have a credit or debit card. When can we expect TS2009 to become available in stores??

Umm Yea Im 14 I dont have One of those a credit cards too so could I use a post check or post the Cash off?:o

amigacooke
November 27th, 2008, 04:31 AM
As the e-mail account I have registered with Auran is now old and unreliable, will there be a download link from the order section of the profile please?

I haven't had the e-mail from Auran even though it should come through the spam filters.

narrowgauge
November 27th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Tony

I'm another one who had an email with an invisible serial number but I still luvs yuh!

Cancel this, my preorder history contained the number.

Cheers

Peter

naikrd
November 27th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Are the emails containing the download link being sent or all sent? i see my serial number in the order history but no links or email yet.

UPDATE: sorry, just checked the spam folder in my gmail and found that the email was there. those who dont see it might just check in the email's spam folder

SpalterBockerl
November 27th, 2008, 09:53 AM
email was in spamfilter,both. so what- now enjoy my new trainz. install without conflict with 2006 on same disk.downloadtime runabaout 75 min.
Thanks to all and good support. Happy Trainzmas:D

wmmeyer
November 27th, 2008, 10:23 AM
What a pleasant Thanksgiving Day surprise!!!! I opened my email this morning and there are two emails from Auran in the Inbox, the 2nd one with a clearly visable Key#. Didn't even have to tinker around with the spam filters. Just purely by coincidence, I removed the beta '09 last night and ran a de-frag to be ready. The DL is currently at 52%. Its going to be an intense hour or so as the aromas of roasting bird and pumpkin pie waft out of the kitchen, and I sit here watching the DL tick down.

Many thanks to the Brew Crew, and may you guys certainly enjoy your well deserved "got 'er done" tippling.

AHSAN
November 27th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Hello All

Tony will be giving you's an extra Xmas present in few weeks SP1 for TS2009.:D

Three cheers for the Brew Crew.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Regards

Ahsan

elgato
November 27th, 2008, 03:26 PM
A big "Thank you" to the team at Auran for TS2009. Downloaded at a very steady rate of 815 kb/s, took approx. 45 minutes. It installed without any problems. With Service Pack 1, I have the feeling that this Christmas will be very Merry...Ho!Ho!Ho!
Thanks again
Gilles

Mike10
November 27th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Hoo ray! (Im To young to crack open a tinnie yet!)

But anyway I have One Question??????????????????????????????????????????

Auran is an australian company so why is the url Only contain a... .com

and a not .com.au?

And Why is the price set as USD, and not australian currency?

Just wondering But anyway!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:p

.com.au? do you mean .co.au?

The currency is probably in USD because you haven't changed it in your profile.

Oh, and that was 2 questions.

Mike.

Tony_Hilliam
November 27th, 2008, 03:34 PM
We're .com.au for some reason Mike.

You need to log in to Planet Auran to view the currency in your "local" currency. Otherwise it is USD.

Wessex_Electric_Nutter
November 27th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Oh, and that was 2 questions.

And that was 3 answers! :P

Bobbergibbs
November 27th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Tony and Trainzers:

I expect that the keys for my T9 Beta version has been or will soon be cancelled, as expected.

For those of us who paid in advance for the DVD version that wont be available for a while, could you issue temporary key numbers for the DL version so we can get in on the fun too? After the DVD versions are shipped, perhaps you could cancel the temporary key numbers.

We paid up front too....

Bobber Gibbs
Wasaga Beach ON
Canada

epicmek
November 27th, 2008, 04:53 PM
A serial number would be nice :)

Was missing from the email notification. :(

I've got a serial number but no email instructions for download.

celje
November 27th, 2008, 05:27 PM
My son maid purchase for me 22. november 08, but he didn't receive any email yet.
Any help please.

lornyk5
November 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM

Thanks for the laugh Tony:hehe:

I eagerly await my DVD in December!

Cheers,

Lorin

radoslavcz
November 27th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I've got a serial number but no email instructions for download too :confused::(

seeseeme
November 27th, 2008, 06:55 PM

Looking forward to seeing it, I'd love to share a beer with ya's all at Auran but a beer could mean 12 beers for me. I'd lose count after a while.:p

Umm Yea Im 14 I dont have One of those a credit cards too so could I use a post check or post the Cash off?:o
I read in another thread there where others ways to order from Auran apart from a Credit Card.

I will have a look for you but my mind is slow so it may take a short time :hehe:

Someone else may have an answer for you too.

Craig
:):):)

Muliebuck
November 27th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Here is the link to the manual order form (to pay by cheque or mail order).

http://www.auran.com/auran/Manual_Order.php

If the link does not work, just copy/paste it to your prefered browser.

djdavid
November 27th, 2008, 09:11 PM
i have a question is there a way we can change the lang of the words on some of the trains i can't understand it

newtonm
November 28th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Downloaded 4 times, same error each time on unpacking 1a. Whassup ??http://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/smilies/afrown.gif

perry_weekley
November 28th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I love that it's gone gold. It means in a short amount of time I can go to a Best Buy to purchase my game!

I am curious tho when do you suspect the street date for everyone in the world will be? Since it's gone gold I suspect sometime before Christmas, but some company reassurance and conformation would be appreciated.

Captain_Collins
November 28th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I love that it's gone gold. It means in a short amount of time I can go to a Best Buy to purchase my game!

I am curious tho when do you suspect the street date for everyone in the world will be? Since it's gone gold I suspect sometime before Christmas, but some company reassurance and conformation would be appreciated.

Current indications are that TS2009 will be available direct from Auran only.

paulhobbs
November 28th, 2008, 11:05 AM
No you can't, online only. You'll have to wait for TEE (4-6 months?) to buy a version without Surveyor.

You haven't really read much about TS2009 I guess.

Paul

tonyvdb
November 28th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Hi Guys, Without reading through tones of posts. I can asume that TRS 09 will run on Vista but my question is will a route built in '06 work in '09 or will there be lots of errors. Also will the built in content of '06 be in '09 or will I be missing allot of stuff once I import my "Alberta run" into '09? I dont see the point in upgrading to '09 if this is not somhow easaly possible.

springtransit
November 28th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Yes, all '06 content is in 09. It has pretty much everything from 04, 06, TC and then some...:cool:

therabbit
November 28th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Downloaded 4 times, same error each time on unpacking 1a. Whassup ??http://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/smilies/afrown.gif

If Using windows XP you can't use the windows extraction wizard to unpack ts 2009. You have to have something like PKzip or Winzip to unpack the game. There are free trials of PKzip. Works wonderfully for unpacking my game. just do a search for zip/unzip utilities in Google

tonyvdb
November 28th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Yes, all '06 content is in 09. It has pretty much everything from 04, 06, TC and then some...:cool:
Thank you, Now I just have to see if my wife will alow me to spend the money :)

If Using windows XP you can't use the windows extraction wizard to unpack ts 2009. You have to have something like PKzip or Winzip to unpack the game. There are free trials of PKzip. Works wonderfully for unpacking my game. just do a search for zip/unzip utilities in Google7ZIP (http://www.7-zip.org/) is also a great free unzipping program.

Captain_Collins
November 28th, 2008, 11:34 AM
If Using windows XP you can't use the windows extraction wizard to unpack ts 2009. You have to have something like PKzip or Winzip to unpack the game. There are free trials of PKzip. Works wonderfully for unpacking my game. just do a search for zip/unzip utilities in Google

I just unpacked the whole thing fine using XP and the windows extraction wizard.

therabbit
November 28th, 2008, 11:36 AM

Colhad
It is my understanding that Auran is not going offer the game in retail outlets. Bad news Eh? But there are are stores, I'm not sure which ones, where you can buy a prepaid visa or master card with any amount of money you want on them. If you did that then you could order the game directly from Auran.

JCitron
November 28th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Thank you, Tony for the good news! :D

Congratulations to everyone on the Beta 1 & 2 teams and everyone in the Brew Crew for doing a great job. Now I wait for my DVD to come int the mail.

This will be my early Christmas present from Santa. :D

John

therabbit
November 28th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I just unpacked the whole thing fine using XP and the windows extraction wizard.

Well Captain if that is correct then I stand corrected. I just know that the extraction wizzard caused my computer to hang and I had to go to the windows task manager to get it to shut down the wizzard extraction process. Task manager was reporting that wizzar was unresponsive. I tried several times to get it to work but to no avail and that is why I went looking for a zip/unzip utility. Run that untility and wah la I have a working install that works great

brickbuilder711
November 28th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I am very happy that TS2009 is out now and that the SP1 will come out soon. Seems like an early gift from Santa! :hehe: :D

Captain_Collins
November 28th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Well Captain if that is correct then I stand corrected. I just know that the extraction wizzard caused my computer to hang and I had to go to the windows task manager to get it to shut down the wizzard extraction process. Task manager was reporting that wizzar was unresponsive. I tried several times to get it to work but to no avail and that is why I went looking for a zip/unzip utility. Run that untility and wah la I have a working install that works great

It may just be a problem on some systems, and thank you for pointing it out.

perry_weekley
November 28th, 2008, 01:13 PM
No you can't, online only. You'll have to wait for TEE (4-6 months?) to buy a version without Surveyor.

You haven't really read much about TS2009 I guess.

Paul

I want the version with Surveyor. Personally I don't care about more content, I get that from the community. I just love building routes. I have been reading too. I read all the way up till beta 2 then I quit since I didn't want anything spoiled.

Current indications are that TS2009 will be available direct from Auran only.

If this is true then I will NOT purchase this game. I thought since it was to be the to put everyone on the same page they would want it in stores to replace the older versions of Trainz. I guess I thought wrong. I will be waiting for MSTS2 then.

No disrespect to the Trainz team at Auran but I just don't like doing business over the internet. I like purchasing my items at a store.

newtonm
November 28th, 2008, 01:19 PM
OK Now! Used a download manager and the install is now progressing satisfactorily. Looking forward to playing over the weekend....

Tony_Hilliam
November 28th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Hi Perry. You can send a mail or fax order form (http://www.auran.com/auran/Manual_Order.php) and have the product shipped to you direct from our distributor in the US.

perry_weekley
November 28th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Hi Perry. You can send a mail or fax order form (http://www.auran.com/auran/Manual_Order.php) and have the product shipped to you direct from our distributor in the US.

We'll look into it Tony.

My family isn't big into credit cards in my family so it makes it a hassle with so much of our shopping heading to the internet.

We've never done mail order so we'll look into it.

scorpio48
November 28th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Congratulations Tony and the rest of the Team.
I will join you in a beer
Eagerly awaiting my DVD version, then I'll have another beer, your welcomed to join me :hehe:

Cheers
Pete

theokus
November 28th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I am very happy that TS2009 is out now and that the SP1 will come out soon. Seems like an early gift from Santa! :hehe: :D

Right you are.
The DD took only 35 minutes form Australia to Belgium ;)

Splendid job!

Greetz,
Theo (the elder one)

Magicland
November 28th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I'm so excited, since I know the brew crew can't make it here for a beer, I'm going to have one for each of them! I've got a nice selection on tap at the moment, a Hefeweizen, an Irish Red Ale, and a Kolsch. If you're in the neighborhood, feel free to drop by. www.jerseyshorebrewery.com

jcorke
November 29th, 2008, 02:27 PM
While congratulations are most definately in order, I still haven't recieved any emails. :(

AHSAN
November 29th, 2008, 04:10 PM
While congratulations are most definately in order, I still haven't recieved any emails. :(

Hello

Contact the helpdesk: http://www.auran.com/helpdesk/default.php

Regards

Ahsan:)

dnutter
November 29th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Coming out right now? :confused:

I am little confusing...

jcorke
November 29th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Ah! Found it; the email arrived a few minutes after my last message. Downloading now :)

axe1970
November 29th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I want the version with Surveyor. Personally I don't care about more content, I get that from the community. I just love building routes.

TRS2009 WBE does include surveyor.

Captain_Collins
November 30th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Coming out right now? :confused:

I am little confusing...
TS2009 is now available as a digital download. You can buy it from the Auran shop. If you would prefer the DVD version it will be available mid-December.

ish6
November 30th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Cool!! :wave: :p

MAGLEVSX
December 1st, 2008, 04:22 AM
Here is the link to the manual order form (to pay by cheque or mail order).

http://www.auran.com/auran/Manual_Order.php

If the link does not work, just copy/paste it to your prefered browser.

Thank You!:D

Just placed my order for an dvd copy!
I dont like D.D Because you don't get the box and disk and the Trainz Manual
and the little thingy and yea it's so cool....:p

You should get my nice little check in a nice little envolope with auran printed on it just for you!:hehe:

Can't wait For it Oh Wait my computer is to slow to run trs 2009 it it it arhhhhhhhhhhhh Nooooooooooooooooo!!!

simking1
December 1st, 2008, 01:54 PM
My question is this whats the big difference? Is their still tons of useless cars that can't load any cargo?
2006 had 100 different cars and maybe only 30 were interactive Other than some more detailed graphics whats changed for the better? I want more interactive content.

Captain_Collins
December 2nd, 2008, 04:04 AM
My question is this whats the big difference? Is their still tons of useless cars that can't load any cargo?
2006 had 100 different cars and maybe only 30 were interactive Other than some more detailed graphics whats changed for the better? I want more interactive content.

There is loads of interactive content all over the internet, you just have to look for it a bit. Try this list:

http://www.railserve.com/Computers/Trainz/

Sourdough
December 2nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
There is loads of interactive content all over the internet, you just have to look for it a bit.....
Oh...you mean we actually have to do something? I want it included in the box so it's right there....all ready to go...look for it!?!...what's up with that! :'( :'(

cascaderailroad
December 2nd, 2008, 07:52 PM
All the great stuff: OPS-OtherPeoplesStuff and 3rd party stuff is out there on their websites, for you to import into Trainz...only the basic stuff is ready to go...there is thousands of stuff's on DLS.

chris_3413
December 6th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Learned an important lesson last night..
Check EVERYTHING carefully before running to help desk about not being able to download trainz :o
There was so much clutter in my gmail spam folder that I missed the one from Auran at first and indeed I had a close call when I almost deleted it with the other spam :eek:

radionut44
December 6th, 2008, 10:41 PM
1. My laptop runs Vista Home Premium. Will 2009 run on it?
2. If I get the DVD version, how much has to be copied to the HD? I would like to only put on the HD the content I actually use, and load as much as possible from the DVD as needed. In other words, I would like for it to run well, but not have to fill up HD any more than necessary.
3. If I go the Digital Download route, can I burn to DVD and wind up with the same content as I would have on the DVD if I bought it, only be missing a printed manual? Is the manual in the download in PDF so I could print it out if desired?

I am running 2006 on my desktop (XP Pro). These answers will help me decide do I want to get 2009 for the laptop.
Ron

AHSAN
December 7th, 2008, 10:02 AM
2. If I get the DVD version, how much has to be copied to the HD? I would like to only put on the HD the content I actually use, and load as much as possible from the DVD as needed. In other words, I would like for it to run well, but not have to fill up HD any more than necessary.
3. If I go the Digital Download route, can I burn to DVD and wind up with the same content as I would have on the DVD if I bought it, only be missing a printed manual? Is the manual in the download in PDF so I could print it out if desired?

I am running 2006 on my desktop (XP Pro). These answers will help me decide do I want to get 2009 for the laptop.
Ron

Hello

Here are the min and max requirements to run TS2009.

MINIMUM SPEC

Pentium IV 2.2GHz (or equivalent)
1GB RAM
64MB 3D Graphics Card (NVIDIA GeForce2 or equivalent)
Windows XP Service Pack 2
1024x768 display resolutionRECOMMENDED SPEC

Intel Core 2 Duo (or equivalent)
2GB RAM
256MB 3D Graphics Card (NVIDIA GeForce7 Series or equivalent)
1024x768 display resolution
You can copy the download version to a DVD disc, use Nero.

PDF instructions should be printable.:)

Regards

Captain_Collins
December 8th, 2008, 03:32 AM

Ron

TS2009, like all other versions of trainz, offers no options for the amount of content installed. All content on the DVD or in the download will be installed, and it cannot be deleted from CMP v2. The only thing you can do is disable it.

dkilgour
December 13th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Hi Tony,

For some reason I never got the email however I found the link on my online invoice, http://download.ts2009.com/TS2009_WBE.exe. Problem is when I click on it I get an error saying that the page/file can't be found.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

narrowgauge
December 13th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Link removed

Hipcrostino
December 14th, 2008, 05:40 AM

Yeah mate, no probs.

using Vista home premium x64 here and it runs fine.

steve123
December 16th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Do we need to uninstall 2009 build number 37625 to install sp1,
i have had 2009 from the 4th december and have taken my route from 2006
over to 2009 ,i am running vista ultimate 64bit with 4 gig ddr 2 coirsar ram
with 2 8800 gtx videocards and a 2.6 intel 4 core cpu.all on a stricker extreme motherboard and it runs fine
Now this route has about 170 base boards and running at this point in time about 60 loco as well as rolling stock on each loco,the route is of the east coast of nsw and to Queensland and the snowy plus more,which i will upload soon,so cant wait for sp1 ,which leads me back to the first line i wrote,
however i am having trouble with sli shutting down nvlddmkm.sys?

carnsrb
December 27th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Hello

Here are the min and max requirements to run TS2009.
-- snip --

RECOMMENDED SPEC
Intel Core 2 Duo (or equivalent)
2GB RAM
256MB 3D Graphics Card (NVIDIA GeForce7 Series or equivalent)
1024x768 display resolution-- snip --

Has anyone run 2009 with a graphics card less than the recommended? I'm fine with all of the other spec's but only have a 128 MB GeForce 7 card in my laptop and upgrading now isn't an option. 2009 seems worth the upgrade but if the performance will tank then I'll wait until I upgrade.

Bob

narrowgauge
December 27th, 2008, 09:07 PM
steve123

Do we need to uninstall 2009 build number 37625 to install sp1

I think you will find there are two download versions for SP1 and one of them is for build 37625. Make certain that you use the right one, and there is no need to delete the first version.

One tip, the patch program has a progress bar, this appears to stall about the mid point, be patient, it is still working so don't cancel. It will take several 'long' minutes.

I don't think Trainz will use or run with SLI.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

axe1970
December 27th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Has anyone run 2009 with a graphics card less than the recommended? I'm fine with all of the other spec's but only have a 128 MB GeForce 7 card in my laptop and upgrading now isn't an option. 2009 seems worth the upgrade but if the performance will tank then I'll wait until I upgrade.

Bob

MINIMUM SPEC

Pentium IV 2.2GHz (or equivalent)
1GB RAM
64MB 3D Graphics Card (NVIDIA GeForce2 or equivalent)
1024x768 display resolutionRegards

scorpio48
December 28th, 2008, 07:51 AM

Bob

Hi Bob,

I snipped the following from my 2009 diagnostic report.
Looking at the running process 128 MB's should be OK. I take it you will be upgrading in the future so, if it was me, I would give it a try.

Running Processes
-----------------
smss.exe : Memory Used = 392 K
winlogon.exe : Memory Used = 4724 K
services.exe : Memory Used = 3504 K
lsass.exe : Memory Used = 1528 K
Ati2evxx.exe : Memory Used = 3080 K
svchost.exe : Memory Used = 4848 K
svchost.exe : Memory Used = 25004 K
Ati2evxx.exe : Memory Used = 3584 K
ccSvcHst.exe : Memory Used = 7360 K
Explorer.EXE : Memory Used = 25752 K
comHost.exe : Memory Used = 3180 K
symlcsvc.exe : Memory Used = 184 K
spoolsv.exe : Memory Used = 5724 K
AluSchedulerSvc.exe : Memory Used = 336 K
jqs.exe : Memory Used = 1412 K
svchost.exe : Memory Used = 4212 K
jusched.exe : Memory Used = 4548 K
hpsysdrv.exe : Memory Used = 1652 K
KBD.EXE : Memory Used = 5384 K
ctfmon.exe : Memory Used = 3460 K
ccSvcHst.exe : Memory Used = 1752 K
WkCalRem.exe : Memory Used = 1780 K
launcher.exe : Memory Used = 23176 K
TrainzDiag.exe : Memory Used = 18956 K

Hope this helps
Cheers
Pete.

carnsrb
December 31st, 2008, 06:17 PM
Pete,

Appreciate the help. I knew I was over the minimum requirements but my experience with anything close to minimum hasn't been positive. I'm taking your advise and giving it a try.

Sorry for the delay in responding. We were traveling.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I snipped the following from my 2009 diagnostic report.
Looking at the running process 128 MB's should be OK. I take it you will be upgrading in the future so, if it was me, I would give it a try.

Running Processes
-----------------

Ati2evxx.exe : Memory Used = 3584 K

Hope this helps
Cheers
Pete.

Mike10
January 1st, 2009, 03:59 AM
Surely that's only the memory being used by the OS to manage that process, isn't it?. It doesn't show how much memory the graphics card is using.

Mike.

scorpio48
January 1st, 2009, 11:16 AM
Surely that's only the memory being used by the OS to manage that process, isn't it?. It doesn't show how much memory the graphics card is using.

Mike.

Hi Mike,
Of course your right, and perhaps I should have explained it a little better.
What I tend to do with any new program is subtract all the memory being directly used by the OS, drivers Etc: (background memory) and what you have left is what runs the rest of the program. It usually gives me a fair guide to how far I can push a program.
Hope I've explained that OK.
The minimum specs state that 09 will run on a 64 MB card, but I think that would really be pushing it, and I think 09 would be severely limited, and as you know, the minimum specs by any Trainz version is always well under par.
I always try to double the Min; specs on any program, if I cant it usually stays in the store, so I don't think a 128 card will give any problems.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention
Cheers
Pete
BTW:: Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Gregory_777
January 11th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Sorry for stupid question and my poor English... But I have some problem with SP1 - when i install it, the simulator has slowin' down from 30-40FPS to 2-3 :'(
The machine is AMD Phenom with 2Gb of RAM and 256Mb ATi videocard, and Windows XP Professional. I just change all settings, bu no effect... Please help.

Fl00D
January 20th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Hello,

I'm a newcomer to TS but I really like trains and felt like trying this new TS out. :) Unfortunately no sooner had I started to play this game than I encountered a problem. :( The game actually looks pretty crap if I can say that... No matter what I do it just doesn't look as good as in the pictures! My PC should handle the game even on the highest graphics. My cfg.: AMD Athlon64 3000+ @ 2,6GHz, GF7800GTX 256 450/1270, 2GB 450MHz DDR RAM. I set all settings to high but the game still looks like TS2004 and the older ones... I hope you guys can help me cause I really wanna play this game but with such gfx it is just impossible to enjoy. :( When I looked at the screenshots for the first time I said 'wow I've never seen a train simulator so high-detailed like this' all the trains, railways etc look so fantastic in those pics but on my PC they are disappointingly low-detailed and I have no clue why. :(

All your answers are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

YNER
April 26th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Hello, all. I'm a newcomer, and I must say, I'm excited to have trainz. But, there is a problem with the game and my computer. I'll be posting that problem in the TS2009 Problems thread. But it looks like such a great game.
-YNER

PS: My username, YNER, stands for Ywuieshvaehn & North Easter Railline. What a mouthful, huh? :o

Burkel
June 12th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Tony,

I'm brand new to the Trainz software. I have only messed with Microsoft Train Simulator and was excited to find out about Trainz through a search. I was an avid model railroader when I was younger. Now, 43 yrs old, I'm excited about trying out Trainz. I purchased and downloaded 2009 WBE a few days ago. I'm wondering if you could guide me in the "rookie" direction to the best tips, introduction, etc type of forum, or part of your forum, to make me enjoy this new learning curve. I'd consider myself an advanced computer user, but this software is quite deep and I don't want to be so frustrated that I give up before I begin to enjoy it. Also, I believe the "content" triggered me to update with a service pack already, but I've still been able to crash the system almost every time I use the software...whether it be in Surveyor or Driver modules. I will submit a ticket this evening when I'm back home...if this is the appropriate protocol for tech support. Please, if possible, tell me where to go (go ahead, say it) to get begin hopefully a long standing new addiction.

Thanks, Kelly Burns (TN, USA)

As Thanksgiving dawns in the United States today, what better day could there be to thank all the contributors to the latest edition of Trainz.

Trainz Simulator 2009: World Builder Edition has gone gold today and is now available for Digital Download. If you have pre-ordered the DD version, please check your email for instructions on downloading.

Of course if you haven't yet ordered you can now also order the full version at the Auran Shop (http://www.auran.com/auran/shop.php) and be one of the first to experience the next step in the evolution of the Trainz franchise.

This is a very exciting time for all the crew here at Auran Games and for all you train fans who make the Trainz Community such a special place.

We have also opened a new TS2009 forum for owners of Trainz. Log in to your Planet Auran account for access.

It's now time for a well earned celebratory beer.

Trainz Team

ramsmart
June 18th, 2009, 05:46 AM
i entered my serial number but it showing is invalid i bought the game dvd from shop but i have only this serial number in side the dvd what should i do???????????????????????????????????? plezzz help me

johnwhelan
June 18th, 2009, 06:16 AM
i entered my serial number but it showing is invalid i bought the game dvd from shop but i have only this serial number in side the dvd what should i do???????????????????????????????????? plezzz help me

I seem to recall it is case sensitive.

Cheerio John

Euphod
June 18th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Tony, I'm brand new to the Trainz software.

Does Tony still visit here anymore? I didn't think so...:confused:

big_b
June 18th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Does Tony still visit here anymore? I didn't think so...:confused:

Not since mid January

He's part of the Economic Downturn
( something we used to have but now have to do without ) :'(