PDA

View Full Version : My thougths on TS 2009 (part 5)

andrev
November 24th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Hi.

About sounds.

Hmmm, here I'm not really pleased. Even if some engine have a better sound than TRS 2006, the sound improvement is not as great. Track's sounds are a bit better but far to be synchronized with the train's speed especially when passing over a switch. Steam engine sound are horrible and worst than 2006. This means I'll probably be in the obligation to remove my steam engine from my route. I tested the Big Boy, Mikado and C-41 and all three are really bad.

Auran never get it correct and I don't think they will be able to make it correct one day. What they have to do is placing a microphone on a real car and record the track sound while the train accelerate. Its the only way to get a correct synchronized track sound. They have to put more money in recording real sound.

As an example, in flight simulator I'm using real recorded sounds and the result is awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmU2ipX5B7Q That's a video I did from my B707 in FS2004. If Trainz would have sound that close of the real thing would be so great.

A thumb down here !!!

Andre.

Captain_Collins
November 24th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Hi.

About sounds.

Hmmm, here I'm not really pleased. Even if some engine have a better sound than TRS 2006, the sound improvement is not as great. Track's sounds are a bit better but far to be synchronized with the train's speed especially when passing over a switch. Steam engine sound are horrible and worst than 2006. This means I'll probably be in the obligation to remove my steam engine from my route. I tested the Big Boy, Mikado and C-41 and all three are really bad.

Auran never get it correct and I don't think they will be able to make it correct one day. What they have to do is placing a microphone on a real car and record the track sound while the train accelerate. Its the only way to get a correct synchronized track sound. They have to put more money in recording real sound.

As an example, in flight simulator I'm using real recorded sounds and the result is awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmU2ipX5B7Q That's a video I did from my B707 in FS2004. If Trainz would have sound that close of the real thing would be so great.

A thumb down here !!!

Andre.

The problem with steam engines is that TS2009 uses the updated sound system from TC3 which means to get the sounds working correctly all steam locos need to have their config files updated to get the TC3 sound.

andrev
November 24th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Hi.

What you mean is in the final version steam sounds will be better???

Andre.

agentmike
November 24th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Also I've noticed same volume bugs with World.PlaySound as in previous trainz versions. Will be there any fixes, or should I use another methods?:o
It's really annoying, sound at first is normal, and then is hardly heard, and so it is constant through time.:(

Sorry for bad English, it is difficult to explain what I mean.:confused:

S301
November 24th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Hi.

What you mean is in the final version steam sounds will be better???

Andre.

No... The current steam sound files included won't work properly.

There was a new sound system developed for steam engine sounds for TC3 (and from this, TS2009). However, the older system was broken. This means that any content made before TC3/TS2009 will not work properly.
Zec

andrev
November 25th, 2008, 03:21 PM
S301

Oh, I see. So how can I use the older steam engines in TS 2009 ??? May I have to use only the ones included in TS 2009 ??

Andre.

S301
November 25th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Unfortunately, untill the Enginesound assets included in TC3 are made available, you can't... Well, not properly. You can still use them, but they won't sound right.
Zec