PDA

View Full Version : TRS2009 BETA - Positive Comments

sterrett
November 11th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Okay - in various issues, we're reporting back the failures and faults in this BETA version, which I guess must be pretty damn close to the "Gold" edition.

Out of the Bad Comes Good

I have an ATI Radeon X1050 Graphics card which has always run previous Trainz versions quite smoothly - best on Open GL. I have always had issues running it at resolutions higher than 1068X768. The first thing I noticed when using the BETA "straight out of the box" was that there was a lot of flickering and flashing going on amongst the scenery, and I really thought I was going to have to junk my graphics card and get a new one if I wanted to run TRS2009.

Happily, I experimented with Direct X and I have discovered that my card will now run TRS2009 smoothly and right up to the maximum resolution! It's a whole new experience seeing crystal clear railway carriages and station detail, without suffering from a slide show when pulling away!

The only trouble is, some of the early Trainz assets will not render properly in Direct X and I still have loads of "Faulty" items which I cannot fathom out how to fix!

I can see that it's worth persevering with TRS2009 to get the faulty assets fixed!