PDA

View Full Version : TS2009 AI going at 1MPH

Captain_Collins
January 1st, 1970, 12:00 AM
Interesting enough I didn't have this problem on my personal route, but I signal my route heavily. So I wonder if it's more of a signaling issue than anything else. If anyone wants, I'll upload a screen capture to show my method.

I use the Searchlight signals through out from NorfolkSouthern, which are third party content in case anyone wonders.

John

The route I am using is Clovis sub West 1 1a, which also uses searchlight signals and invisible signals. It is also signalled quite heavily. For me, signalling makes no difference.

Captain_Collins
Something weird is going on here. I just posted and the post appeared at the top of the thread and claimed I posted at 11:00 although it is 7:40 here.:eek::confused:

Captain_Collins
Testing to see if the forum is fixed yet...

Captain_Collins
November 9th, 2008, 10:26 AM
All my AI drivers in TS2009 are driving at 1 MPH.

I remember seeing thread(s) about this before in different versions, but now cannot find them

Any help please?

Thanks in advance,

whitepass
November 9th, 2008, 11:49 AM
It's the engine file that is buggy, all T3P engine files are bad as they fix a bug that was in TRS4 and has been fixed.

Captain_Collins
November 9th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Sorry, what is T3P?

Anyhow, I can drive the trains at whatever speed I want, and this only happens in TS2009, not TRS2006.

Tony_Hilliam
November 9th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Find the Engine Spec config file and increase the max accel and max decel parameters to 20,000+. Experiment with different values until you get the acceleration you're looking for.

Captain_Collins
November 10th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Find the Engine Spec config file and increase the max accel and max decel parameters to 20,000+. Experiment with different values until you get the acceleration you're looking for.
Is this for every loco or is there a engine spec for the whole game?

Captain_Collins
November 10th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I modified the enginespec, made no difference to any of the trains.

Tony_Hilliam
November 10th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Captain. Are you using DCC or Cab or AI to drive? Which engines are you using? Is it every train of just some? Every route or just some? Could you please send a bug report in through the Beta Tester Center and we'll take a look.
Thanks
Tony

Captain_Collins
November 11th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Captain. Are you using DCC or Cab or AI to drive? Which engines are you using? Is it every train of just some? Every route or just some? Could you please send a bug report in through the Beta Tester Center and we'll take a look.
Thanks
Tony

The fault affects all AI trains, I can drive them normally using DCC or Cab.
It affects all engines, every AI train. Every route. I have already submitted a bug report.

Captain_Collins
November 15th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Sorry to revive this but has anyone got a solution?

Tony_Hilliam
November 15th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Hi Captain. Please provide a step by step set of instructions regarding what you are attempting to do. Route name, locos, consists, buttons/keys pressed etc. There is a known issue with some engine specs which have max accel in the range of 1000-5000 that, when trying to pull a heavy consist, will not get up to speed.

But you say that DCC works fine when generally AI is using DCC to control trains. Perhaps there are signalling issues or something else. Create a .cdp of the route and submit it via BTC if you like as well
Thanks

Tony

j_maybury
November 15th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I agree the Trouble all stems from the contents in the DLS and untill all the assets are up dated the problem will allways be there :n: it's time for a new DLS that segirgates the old from the new, from TRS1 to TRSX, that way people can see which assets require updating take the (simvation) site for example.

FlyingScottmond
November 16th, 2008, 12:47 AM
To fix problem just purchase the retail version as it always gets major problems fixed.

coerni
November 16th, 2008, 01:30 AM
is it of ANY USE to change the well known and working settings in the engine spec ?? Fixing something, that is already working, just to let it work in a different way and make thousand of objects faulty is not really clever in my eyes... .

Every engine file has to be redone to make stuff conforming with TRS 2009.

I must confess, I'm not really willing to do this even with our payware stuff... . We would have to sell diffenrent versions (so far all differences between TRS2004 and 2006 could have been solved with some scripting work). I'm not sure, if I will be willing to be hunting moving targets again and again and we may just stick if a label "not compatible with trs2009".

Captain_Collins
November 16th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Hi Captain. Please provide a step by step set of instructions regarding what you are attempting to do. Route name, locos, consists, buttons/keys pressed etc. There is a known issue with some engine specs which have max accel in the range of 1000-5000 that, when trying to pull a heavy consist, will not get up to speed.

But you say that DCC works fine when generally AI is using DCC to control trains. Perhaps there are signalling issues or something else. Create a .cdp of the route and submit it via BTC if you like as well
Thanks

Tony
The MaxAccel value for the affected trains is 1500 so this is within the range you specify above.

Seeing as you are already aware of this bug I will wait for it to be fixed in the gold version.

Thanks for the help Tony,

JCitron
November 16th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Interesting enough I didn't have this problem on my personal route, but I signal my route heavily. So I wonder if it's more of a signaling issue than anything else. If anyone wants, I'll upload a screen capture to show my method.

I use the Searchlight signals through out from NorfolkSouthern, which are third party content in case anyone wonders.

John

Captain_Collins
November 18th, 2008, 02:21 AM
I am not actually sure how heavily the route is signalled now as I am not sure of the definition of "Heavy".

Captain_Collins
November 23rd, 2008, 12:02 PM
Hi all,:wave:
I have now managed to track this issue down to the Ai Brake, <kuid:58422:100218>. I have tried to issue a bug report, but I receive a message saying that "the beta tester server is either down or the parameters are incorrect" every time I try and post the report.

bnsf50
November 23rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
I'm running the Clovis sub route which uses Sp-or-bust engines and the AI fix on every consist. I changed the max speed to 70 in all of the engine specs., there are 14 of them if I remember correctly, and they all run just fine now.
It is still a bug that Auran needs to address but this is a work around that works in the mean time.

kkopchynski
February 16th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Hi all,:wave:
I have now managed to track this issue down to the Ai Brake, <kuid:58422:100218>. I have tried to issue a bug report, but I receive a message saying that "the beta tester server is either down or the parameters are incorrect" every time I try and post the report.

Hello,
I also trace this to the AI Brake. I had a session working well on 2004, imported it into 2009, and all AI trains were 2mph. I went to all consists and removed all AI Brakes, and the AI trains now run at correct speed. I do seem to have derailments when AI trains are coupling, though.

If I edit the engine spec, do I have to clone the asset first? I'd rather not have doubles of all my locomotives.

Is there a fix we can apply to the AI brake "engine" itself?

Thanks,
Kevin

kkopchynski
February 19th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I did some investigation on my previous questions: I found the enginespec file for AI Brake - it is an asset called ai fix. I increased the maximum speed, and the trains went even slower. So I decreased the max speed by a factor of 10, and now the trains move at speed limits up to 50 mph. I have not worked with them enough to see how coupling operations work. They do stop on trackmarks given in the "navigate to trackmark" commands. A couple of "run around train" commands went without incident.
Making changes in the file did not require cloning the asset.
I hope this is useful to anyone working on this problem.
Kevin

Captain_Collins
February 20th, 2009, 04:41 AM
I did some investigation on my previous questions: I found the enginespec file for AI Brake - it is an asset called ai fix. I increased the maximum speed, and the trains went even slower. So I decreased the max speed by a factor of 10, and now the trains move at speed limits up to 50 mph. I have not worked with them enough to see how coupling operations work. They do stop on trackmarks given in the "navigate to trackmark" commands. A couple of "run around train" commands went without incident.
Making changes in the file did not require cloning the asset.
I hope this is useful to anyone working on this problem.
Kevin

This is very interesting and I thank you for finding this out, but as stated above, the AI_Brake is not needed in TS2009.

Dermmy
February 26th, 2009, 02:46 PM
For anyone having this problem with my Clovis session (which relies heavily on the AI_Brake for TRS06)) there is now an Open Beta TRS09-compliant session available. Click my sig and follow the Download links to the Clovis route page...

Andy :)