PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the TS2009 WB beta dl yet?

Approach_Medium
November 4th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hi all;
I'm about to fall for Auran's little tease, and pre-order TS2009 so I can have access to the beta of World Builder.
Problem is, right now, at 16:20 Eastern time USA, I am having to wait a while just to access the Auran site, let along DL 2.5Gigs.

I'm gonna wait until it's about midnight here, so it will be somtime in the wee hours of the morning in Europe. Maybe the servers will be less busy then.

FW

nwhitney
November 4th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Same for me.
Norm

fuzzies
November 4th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I downloaded mine starting at 1pm topday, took about 1.5 hours to get it all, and I was running it just a bit ago, looks real pretty :)

I hope you guys have the same luck I had, the forum has been a bit laggy, but the download was flawless.

deeelare
November 4th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Purchasing my last new car was simpler than preordering TS2009 , but it was accomplished , have downloaded "the Beta" ( 3 hours ) .
Will let you know tomorrow my thoughts .
Things are looking good for Auran and the members working on TS2009 ! Congrats so far guys .

--- ,DLR

Approach_Medium
November 4th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Well, it's election night over here and maybe a lot of people will get off their computers and watch TV instead<g>
That said, I am watching CNN on my computer!

FW

Approach_Medium
November 4th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Just made the jump!
Pre-Ordered TS2009 and am in the process of DL the beta, using FireFox 3.x, so the DL manager should be able to handle it if the DL gets stuck.

Question:
Should I go into Planet Auran and register the beta now, or wait until I have it installed?

DL manager says it's going to take from 3-5 hrs (time keeps fluctuating of course).
That's OK, since I was planning to leave my computer on all night to check election results if I wake up during the night.

FW

SerraAngel2007
November 4th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Just made the jump!
Pre-Ordered TS2009 and am in the process of DL the beta, using FireFox 3.x, so the DL manager should be able to handle it if the DL gets stuck.

How long does it take to get the beta access email?

Approach_Medium
November 4th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I received the e-mail instantly.

FW

Approach_Medium
November 4th, 2008, 09:02 PM
What will happen to my installation of TRS2006 when I install TS2009 beta?
Is it going to be safe, or maybe I should use my alternate boot, also Win XP Pro to run TS2009 beta.

FW

SerraAngel2007
November 4th, 2008, 09:03 PM

FW

I got the confirmation e-mail but no beta access e-mail. I did get an error message after pressing confirm... something must be wrong.:'(

deeelare
November 4th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Is it going to be safe, or maybe I should use my alternate boot, also Win XP Pro to run TS2009 beta.
FW

Just to be safe I created a new folder and installed TS2009 there . Everything is looking good with the exception of a warning on my drivers :'( .

--- ,DLR

wreeder
November 5th, 2008, 03:02 AM

FW

It co-exists with TRS2006 just fine. Be aware that Auran was averaging a new build per week in the last few weeks of the dev builds. I wouldn't spend too much time adding content. You may have to uninstall and re-install often.

Check out my favorite new feature in surveyor. In the Topology panel choose a Displacement Map then use the old tools for shaping terrain. To turn it off, choose None as the displacement map.

William

Kamidan
November 5th, 2008, 04:44 AM
The Auran.com website for me is almost always slow, slow, SLOW. However the download picked up speed and finally reached about 1204KB download speed. So....

Unfortunately, after installing the beta, and inputting my beta cd key, and username/password I got a notification that Trainz 2009 couldnt write the cd key to the registry, and when I tried to run it, it told me that either my CD key was invalid or the installation was corrupt. My guess is because it couldn't write the cd key to the registry.

Clicking through that, I was able to get into the surveyor, however starting a new layout it was graphics hell, (ive got an Nvidia 8800 video card with the latest drivers) but the graphics were all over the place and looked totally corrupt.

I tried the driver, and it told me that such and such maps don't exist.

I've now uninstalled and trying to install one more time before I give up on it. Hopefully the full retail product won't have such issues for me.

Anyway, good luck to you both in downloading it and in running it. I know many don't have an issue running it like I've now experienced.

SerraAngel2007
November 5th, 2008, 06:42 AM

FW

Did you receive two e-mail, one for the order confirmation and one for the beta download or just one e-mail with both?

Approach_Medium
November 5th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Did you receive two e-mail, one for the order confirmation and one for the beta download or just one e-mail with both?
Yes. One e-mail was in plain, easy to read English, and contained instructions for downloading the beta.
The other e-mail was a multi-part MIME message. I was able to read the top part, which gives my invoice number, but the lower part was just a jumble of text.
My e-mail reads HTML, but doesn't seem to have been able to decode this particular MIME.

FW

SerraAngel2007
November 5th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Yes. One e-mail was in plain, easy to read English, and contained instructions for downloading the beta.
The other e-mail was a multi-part MIME message. I was able to read the top part, which gives my invoice number, but the lower part was just a jumble of text.
My e-mail reads HTML, but doesn't seem to have been able to decode this particular MIME.

FW

Thanks,
That explains it, I only got the multi-part MIME version. (which ThunderBird does not like)
The error message I got during the order confirmation has to be related to not getting the download e-mail.

I have a message into the helpdesk.

SerraAngel2007
November 5th, 2008, 09:39 AM

FW

Thanks, that explains it. I only got the multi-part MIME version, which ThunderBird does not like. :o
The error message I got during the order confirmation has to be related to not getting the download e-mail.

I have a message into the helpdesk about the error message and lack of the download e-mail...