PDA

View Full Version : Missing dependencies

Mumrarr
November 2nd, 2008, 06:00 AM
Hello all, it's been along time since I've been here, but I return with the UK version of Trainz Classics.

Anyway, I've been using the CMP+ to download all my favourite content, but I'm getting lots of missing dependency errors, and when I search the DLS manually by KUID, I can't find them.

The ones not working are some of the 86/2s (kuid:-10:169), Class 37 reskins (kuid2:2512:2382:7 or kuid:-12:37), Warship Class 42 (kuid:-10:169 again!), Western Class 52 (kuid:-12:37 again), Deltic 55007 (kuid:-10:169), Class 20 BR Blue (kuid:-12:37 again).

There are mpre but I'll stop short of listing them all. Anyone able to offer any advice?

I'll be joining the screenshot thread soon, got a new 22" monitor but need new machine and Gfx card to turn up the sliders first!

Thanks in advance for any help/advice

Matt Wilson

johnwhelan
November 2nd, 2008, 07:13 AM
copy in the TRS2006 .ja files after renaming them with a trs2006 on the front eg trs2006xxx.ja

Cheerio John

Mumrarr
November 2nd, 2008, 03:49 PM
I don't mean this to sound dumb, but which of the .ja files are the 2006 ones. All I have are all of the .ja in the TC directory structure.

rweber95
November 2nd, 2008, 11:19 PM
The TRS2006 .ja files are part of TRS2006. If you don't have that version you are out of luck since the stuff you're missing is builtin content in TRS2006 and for the most part is not available on the DLS. That's one of the problems with TC, you should only download TC items from the DLS.

Bob

paulzmay
November 2nd, 2008, 11:42 PM
I presume you have one of the earlier versions of Trainz? If so, you can import content from that version (I believe). There is a good chance that some (many) of the items you have missing will be included in whatever version you have.

As rweber95 the lack of legacy content is one of the drawbacks of TC for new users. Most downloaded scenery will be OK in TC, but a lot of rolling stock uses previously built-in engine sounds, horns, bogeys and other items. In many cases there are substitutes on the DLS that can be used if you know what's missing, and can edit config files. Or, of course, you could see if you can find TRS06 in a bargain bin somewhere...

Paul

p.s. good to see you back - I'm still using quite a few of your re-skins...

Mumrarr
November 3rd, 2008, 01:27 AM
Ok, one of the reasons I was attracted to this current version apart from the UK content (specifically the S&C) was that the price for the game was reasonable as well as getting an up to spec PC. I didn't envisage having to part with more money for another version of Trainz, and wrongly assumed that 06 stuff would work fine because of the upgrade to my account on the DLS.

I'll see if I can get the motivation to find a copy 2nd hand, but thanks all for your help

Mumrarr
November 8th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Hi to all, me again, but I have a different query about these two offending kuids. There is a Pikkabird 37 in TC3, so if I edit the configs of the Class 37s that don't work, surely there must be an equivalent of what is missing in the new version with different kuid number. And would this also be the case for the -10:169 one, as it seems pretty generic to be a problem with an AC electric, a Warship and a Deltic. Can't think of many similarities between the three locos.

Thanks in advance

Matt W

paulzmay
November 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Have a look at the config files for one of those locos. I suspect you'll find it's an engine spec or horn sound. Then you can swap for something already in TC3 or downloaded.

Paul

Remilliard
November 8th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Hi to all, me again, but I have a different query about these two offending kuids. There is a Pikkabird 37 in TC3, so if I edit the configs of the Class 37s that don't work, surely there must be an equivalent of what is missing in the new version with different kuid number. And would this also be the case for the -10:169 one, as it seems pretty generic to be a problem with an AC electric, a Warship and a Deltic. Can't think of many similarities between the three locos.

Thanks in advance

Matt W

Simplest solution would be to acquire a copy of TRS2006 and throw TC3 in the dustbin. You are better of that way.

ex-railwayman
November 8th, 2008, 07:56 PM
If he did that he wouldn't be able to play on the Settle & Carlisle routes, which is why he wanted the TC3 version in the first place.

Mumrarr, nice to see you on the forum, if you go to the Trainz Classic website, in the Hints and Tips section there is a pdf document with all of the TRS2006 built-in assets listed, and I'm certain that some of the kuid numbers you quote are on this list, scroll right down to the bottom of that page.

http://www.trainzclassics.co.uk/

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.