PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool Tramway for Trainz.

MichaelWhiteley
October 28th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Hey,

I was thinking in starting the Blackpool - Fleetwood Tramway...Finerly. I gave it a good thought about it after a week end visit. Now it wont be for the low spec computers...It'll be TS2009 standard. High quality stuff! It wont have 100% the same buildings but it will have good look-a-likes or replacements. I'll start of with the easist bit first. Ginn Cquare - Cleaverlys. It is also been made on Trans Dem so it look even better! Thanks to a chap called Ali (Trainz user: 'Gotty' somthing or other, sorry about that :P).

If you would like to contibute I'm happy for you to do so. But It'll have to be good! If you want to contibute doing a tram, buildings or somthing contact me and I'll happy send you some pictures and help on making it a high quailty. It should look great when done. If not I've done somthing wrong. :p

I'm not sure if I sould make it commercal or freeware. But if it is Commercial I'm happy to send contibuters some credit..and a bit more. :p

I'm probably most likly to be freeware and a cheap CD version.

I hope someone has some interest!

Cheers,
Mike

paulzmay
October 28th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Certainly sounds interesting...

I'd certainly have a look at doing scenery or tramway accessories if you can get me some good pictures. It's a bit far for me to take pictures myself. You've probably seen some of my work so far, so I guess you can judge if I'm up to the task. I'm not sure about normal maps and the other TRS09 features, as I've only just got to grips with GMax, but I suspect that trying to get together enough buildings of that standard for all of the route may be an uphill task in any case.

All the best,

Paul

Snowhill
October 29th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Building the Pleasure Beach would be a challenge.....(hehe) If someone wanted to have a go.. Metcalfe Kit's used to do a cardboard 00 scale model of one of the Blackpool Tram Depots but it isn't listed in their catalogue anymore. I think it was originally produced to compliment the Corgie Blackpool trams. This is of course useless information but if any model railway enthusiast had an unbuilt kit stored away for posterity it could be scanned and pehaps transferred into G-max.... Macandy has done this with some Metcalf kits... They do a bus station as well, based on one used by the Southdown Bus Comapny....

MichaelWhiteley
October 29th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Building the Pleasure Beach would be a challenge.....(hehe) If someone wanted to have a go.. Metcalfe Kit's used to do a cardboard 00 scale model of one of the Blackpool Tram Depots but it isn't listed in their catalogue anymore. I think it was originally produced to compliment the Corgie Blackpool trams. This is of course useless information but if any model railway enthusiast had an unbuilt kit stored away for posterity it could be scanned and pehaps transferred into G-max.... Macandy has done this with some Metcalf kits... They do a bus station as well, based on one used by the Southdown Bus Comapny....

Wrong depot though. :p It's is quite hard route to do, well depends what detail you doing it at.

@Pualzmay: Thanks for you offer. I'll try and sort some things out first. :)

Thanks for taking an interest! :D

Cheers,
Mike

Vern
September 5th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Sorry for bump. Any news on this Mike? Was thinking about a freelanced version myself as a short project to try and get something out, rather than long routes that end up going nowhere. It's either that, or San Diego Trolley!