PDA

View Full Version : AURAN - Should we be looking elsewhere to upload out content???

Smileyman
October 20th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Hi Auranites.

I was just wondering if there's an explanation or even a solution to the uploading/processing problems we are having with the DS.

My stuff has only been up there waiting to be processed a few days, which in normal situations would probably not be enough anyway, but some people have had their assets there for weeks, and the last accepted asset appears to be nearly a month ago.

Should we start looking for other places to upload our content instead of the DS?
Is it worth even trying to upload to the DS anymore?

We didn't get an answer in the other thread (last time I looked), so maybe we'll get one in this one.

There must be a fair amount of content in the unprocessed area by now.

Smiley.

EDIT: Damn. The title should read "....our content" not "....out content" :)

Spiffy
October 20th, 2008, 06:51 PM
sent you a PM smileyman, hopefully with the info you provide we can track down what your issue is.

deeelare
October 20th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Spiffy,

Sending a PM to Smileyman is great , did you also send PM's to all the others having problems ?
Seems to me like a post from you here would be benificial to all those experiencing upload problems ?

My thoughts ---,DLR

Spiffy
October 20th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I've made a post in the main Content Creators forum area, I should hopefully make another one soon.

http://206.188.2.180/forums/trainz/showpost.php?p=352529&postcount=46

xcrossi
October 20th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I think it is time to have a back up DLS on another site.:'(
xcrossing

strench707
October 20th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Maybe even a download section on the forums. However, the sever's cpacity is probably too full already to accomadate that.

Davis

Smileyman
October 20th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Spiffy,

Sending a PM to Smileyman is great , did you also send PM's to all the others having problems ?
Lol, DLR.
It's OK.
:hehe:

The first thing I did in my return message was to point out that there are many people who have been waiting a lot longer than me, and then point him in the direction of the thread where we've all been having a moan. lol

I really don't think he was aware of it.

He's probably kicking the server as we speak (works for me).

Smiley.

Dinorius_Redundicus
October 21st, 2008, 02:25 AM
I really don't think he was aware of it.

You're kidding, right?

We were told in the other thread that Auran had been made aware of the problem via the Helpdesk 2 weeks ago and were busily working on it.

I hope it's just a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, but that there has actually been someone working on this for the past 2 weeks at least.

Maybe I should read his other post before getting violent...

Edit: well, good news, the other thread says they have solved the problem and uploads are resuming, apart from TC3 assets. Worthy of an Auran Announcement I would think.

nbrettoner
October 21st, 2008, 02:44 AM
.......snippety-snip!...........
Maybe I should read his other post before getting violent...

Violent??.....ROMANS!! :eek:

Oh boy! :udrool:

Did someone say Romans? :clap::clap::Y::udrool:

Where are they??? :o
let me at 'em......

:hehe:
(shades of "Asterix")
sigh
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=31794&page=4

:wave: