PDA

View Full Version : Prioriy

kuanuair
October 14th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I'm having difficulties in preventing consists travelling down a non-preferred route. The consists have a priority of 2 while, if we were looking at the 20' container facility for example, I would have placed a priority 1 marker on both sides of the load area. Despite this, not infrequently a consist will choose that route, despite no other consist blocking a route.

Kuanuair

Bill69
October 14th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Hi kuanuair,

Priority 2 is the default for any consist you setup. A beter way is to give your main line a priority of 1, change the consist to priority 1 and leave the industry without a priority marker. Also I think the priority markers have to be pointing the way the train is traveling.

Cheers,
Bill69

lewisner
October 14th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Bill, Pririty Markers don't have to face in any direction.The best way to do it is use Priority 1 for Passenger Lines, Priority 2 for Goods Lines which CAN be used by passenger trains, and Goods Only lines should be Priority 3.You can't give Trainz AI Drivers too much information, as they are simple folk lol. BTW thanks for reskinning Embankment Grass - its a big help in complex areas.