PDA

View Full Version : Any way to change content folder?

Approach_Medium
October 12th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Hi;
I would like to move my TS2006 content folder from the default to another volume in Windows XP Pro.
Is there any way to do this? I looked through the manual on trainzoptions.txt, and couldn't find anything on file location.

Thanks

FW

Approach_Medium
October 13th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I am posting this info just so that if anyone else has any idea of moving the TS content folders to another place after TS has been installed...

I never did find a method of specifying a different folder for content.
Due to relatively unrelated events, I decided to completely re-install Win XP on my system, after having re-partitioned my RAID0 drives.
I installed TS2006 on a partition that has 32K clusters, and is completely separate from the OS partition in that I can re-install Windows without worrying about losing my content.
Having the 32K clusters will help performance in saving large files, so I think this move was worthwhile.

Now, the only thing I need to figure out is how to restore my content backup to my new content folder without reinstalling all of the content, as I no longer need or want some of it.
If anyone does read this, and has a way to identify the cryptic names of the content folders, I would appreciate your sharing this secret with me.
Otherwise, I will just copy the restored content into the TS Local folder with the option to skip existing folders checked.

FW

PatrickTaylor89
October 13th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I'd suggest that you just copy the whole folder and then use CMP to delete whatever content you no longer want. I know some people have issues with CMP, but no matter how screwed up it is, I can't imagine it being any slower than manually digging through the local folder!

I can't help with your first question, as I don't know if it's possible to move the content folder to a different location. I seriously doubt that it is possible.

Patrick