PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Gauge Tunnels?

bigboy4010
October 4th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Hi. I'm currently working on a 30in railroad and the one tunnel I can find on the DLS for 30in is...... well, not what I want. I was wondering if anybody knows where to find or has ever made a tunnel that changes its track based on the track connected to it. If that isn't possible, does anyone know where a 30in tunnel other than David111767's is available? Thanks.

cascaderailroad
October 4th, 2008, 10:49 PM
You can always lay track just a hair higher than the original track, covering it up, laying it with the shift key.

bigboy4010
October 5th, 2008, 12:20 AM
laying it with the shift key? What does that do?

trackplate
October 5th, 2008, 03:08 AM
laying it with the shift key? What does that do?
Prevents the track snapping to the tunnel track at the spline points
Bob V

robbiehanson
October 5th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I believe you could clone any tunnel in CMP and change the KUID of the track in it to the KUID of the 30ng track. Cannot confirm that this works, though.

bnsf50
October 5th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Should be able to just add the tag "Use adjoining track type" to the tunnel. You should also change the track type to an invisible track so that the original track will not show through. Now what ever track you connect to the tunnel will change the tunnel track.

Edit after checking the features:
Nope it won't work, just checked there is no "use adjoining track" tag available for a tunnel. you'll have to do like Robbie said and change the track type.

honeymonster1971
October 5th, 2008, 01:54 PM
You don't state which version of trainz you are using, But there are tunnels built in to 06 & TC3 that are made by bloodnok called UK Tunnel Stone 1TRK & 2TRK, Also availible is ANDI06's tunnel kit, Although they have a brick front so probably aren't what your after.

The Screenie below shows Bloodnoks tunnel with a variaty of NG track connected and even the Toy track:eek:

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/9443/screen001jy8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Hope this cures your prob's

Andy

bigboy4010
October 6th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Well, I hate- absolutely hate- being picky like this, but neither set of tunnels, the UK or the ones by Andi06 look good on the route. It's supposed to be a mining/ ore line and the sophisticated stone and brick tunnels don't fit in. Thanks for the suggestion though. However I like Robbie's idea. The only thing about that idea is this: I want to make the route available for download when it's finished, along with its 36 inch counterpart and one other route, and I'm curious as to how I'd get around any permission issues with that one, mainly because there won't be anywhere for anyone to download the altered tunnel. I know I can give the instructions but I want this to be as easy as possible for anyone who gets it. So I guess the main question is: is it okay to take a tunnel, change the track in it, and then post that new tunnel on the DLS, even though it was the original creator who did all the work?

trackplate
October 7th, 2008, 02:39 AM
So I guess the main question is: is it okay to take a tunnel, change the track in it, and then post that new tunnel on the DLS, even though it was the original creator who did all the work?
The correct way is to ask the original creator for permission or ask them to re upload with your chosen track this is also problematic if the track is by another third party
The first thing to do is check what the licence in the config says and go on from there
Regards Bob V

bigboy4010
October 9th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions guys. I finally bit my pride and just used the ordinary tunnel. I didn't want to have to alter the landscape but, what the heck. The route is practically finished and I should have pictures up on the website (www.geocities.com/diskontinue1/index.html) soon. I should get the routes- all three of them (i've been postponing putting up The Island because I wanted to finished the other two)- up for download soon. I don't have an exact date on when they'll be up but I'll let you know.

Thanks again guys.