PDA

View Full Version : Trainz Guide

American_Connections
July 28th, 2008, 04:42 AM
By the guide I am told to set obsoletes by number, yet I am now getting error for these tags! If Auran are going to change the standards, they need to update the guide also!
So what is correct now?

Code:

obsolete-table { <>}

or

Code:

obsolete-table { 0 <>}

Any clues? Some of the assets I send resently have number tags and were accepted, but this week all with number tags are called errors, IE:

Dear American_Connections,

The addition of your content file AC_MWM_32ft_Tanker_Trailer.cdp has failed due to the following reasons:

- : The tag '0' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'obsolete-table')
- : The tag '1' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'obsolete-table')

S301
July 28th, 2008, 05:03 AM
They need to be set out as below:

obsolete-table {
0 <kuid goes here>
}

Zec

American_Connections
July 28th, 2008, 09:39 AM
They need to be set out as below:

obsolete-table {
0 <kuid goes here>
}

ZecSo you mean to put number on next line without any spacing?
But why they accept what I do befor with tabs!
What happens if I do not even add any numbers?

rockster
July 28th, 2008, 04:18 PM
So you mean to put number on next line without any spacing?
But why they accept what I do befor with tabs!
What happens if I do not even add any numbers?

if theres nothing to obsolete then dont add an obsolete table, its not needed

cheers

Gav

American_Connections
July 29th, 2008, 02:32 PM
if theres nothing to obsolete then dont add an obsolete table, its not needed

cheers

GavMaybe they only want the last version updated listed each time now, I will try that without any numbers. many thing seem to have changed, except for the guides!

rockster
July 29th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Maybe they only want the last version updated listed each time now, I will try that without any numbers. many thing seem to have changed, except for the guides!

i think this is to obsolete a completely different kuid number, if you update to a kuid2 number i think the last number obsoletes the old automatically

kuid2:xxxxx:xxxx:1,2,3,,,,

cheers

Gav

AHSAN
July 29th, 2008, 02:46 PM
i think this is to obsolete a completely different kuid number, if you update to a kuid2 number i think the last number obsoletes the old automatically

kuid2:xxxxx:xxxx:1,2,3,,,,

cheers

Gav

That is Correct:)

American_Connections
July 30th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Well, after refussin em several times, I send assets without numbers in obsolete file and only the last update to be replaced, and was accepted. So I guess this is now the proper way. Now I can try to get old assets updated and I have a few new ones comin!

American_Connections
August 17th, 2008, 03:19 AM
There seems to be much confussion as to changes for config standards as to what you now want, at least for me. We need and update for guides in 2004 up please!

American_Connections
September 19th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I have been told my assets get a red flag when I put kuid:-3:10040 as a product, but if I remove this or change even to what is listed in guide, bulk items do not show up in list in surveyor! Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I just want all products in list, but nothing to show as default for the asset so it is not cluttered with things the user does not need.
Sample:
product-kuid <kuid:-3:10040>
allowed-categories {
0 <kuid:-3:10040>

American_Connections
September 30th, 2008, 06:16 AM
I have been told my assets get a red flag when I put kuid:-3:10040 as a product, but if I remove this or change even to what is listed in guide, bulk items do not show up in list in surveyor! Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I just want all products in list, but nothing to show as default for the asset so it is not cluttered with things the user does not need.
Sample:
product-kuid <kuid:-3:10040>
allowed-categories {
0 <kuid:-3:10040>I have tried every combination i can think of, yet only with these numbers reversed will coal and ore show in list. so dear auran, what to do?

ianwoodmore
October 1st, 2008, 12:24 PM
You only need product-kuid if you want an initial load. And as long as you keep putting a category like -3:10040 in product-kuid it will be faulty.

To achieve what I think you are after. ie Limiting the vehicle to a single product category but empty try deleting the product-kuid tag and just leave allowed-categories.

Any user should then be able to add the load they want from the properties window in Surveyor.

American_Connections
October 13th, 2008, 02:21 PM
You only need product-kuid if you want an initial load. And as long as you keep putting a category like -3:10040 in product-kuid it will be faulty.

To achieve what I think you are after. ie Limiting the vehicle to a single product category but empty try deleting the product-kuid tag and just leave allowed-categories.

Any user should then be able to add the load they want from the properties window in Surveyor.don't you understand, there will not be anything listed in surveyor if it is not listed in both places, check for your self.:eek:

American_Connections
October 13th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I think soneone need a wakeup call down there>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A:

The addition of your content file AC_MWM_500x16_Gold_Spoke_Motorcycle_Tire.cdp has failed due to the following reason:

- : The tag 'mesh-table' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'bogey')

B:

The addition of your content file AC_MWM_1958_Harley_Davison_Sportster_Chopper.cdp has failed due to the following reason:

- : The tag 'mesh-table' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'scenery')

C:

The addition of your content file AC_MWM_Harley_Sportster_Engine.cdp has failed due to the following reasons:

- : The tag 'number-slow-sounds' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'enginesound')
- : The tag 'number-cylinders' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'enginesound')
- : The tag 'number-power-strokes' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'enginesound')

Just where do you see this in this config?

kuid <kuid:213782:53004>
category-class "ZS"
category-region-0 "US"
category-era-0 "1900"
asset-filename "Harley Sportster Engine Sound"
description "AC MWM Harley XLCH Sportster engine sound with open drag pipes, no mufflers."
trainz-build 2.0
username "AC MWM Harley Sportster Engine Sound"
author "Kent T Carter"
organisation "AC MonkeyWrench Models"
contact-email "ac_monkeywrench_models@yahoo.com"
contact-website "http://www.geocities.com/ac_monkeywrench_models"
license "AC213782MWM"
kind "enginesound"

Now auran, what gives with this stpidity????????????:eek:

ianwoodmore
October 13th, 2008, 06:58 PM
don't you understand, there will not be anything listed in surveyor if it is not listed in both places, check for your self.:eek:

Then please explain why I have hundreds of your assets visible in Surveyor employing the correct syntax as I advised you. What's more they show up in TS2009 prototype as well.