PDA

View Full Version : Content Manager Plus Doesn't Work!

madjamonline
July 25th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Hi all :D
I like content manager plus but the one big thing that get's on my nerves is it's response.

If I click on a single button on CMP, it will stop responding but rarely it will recover the problem but most of the time it just stops.

I have lost some of my work because of this.

Can someone tell me what is wrong with it!?

Many thanks :D

Captain_Collins
July 26th, 2008, 06:18 AM
May I suggest you search the forum for starters, as there are loads of threads on CMP issues.

Orpheus2000
July 26th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Having installed and run TC3 with no poblems, I now find that CMP is a bit iffy. I launched it a short while ago, but nothing seemed to happen. I tried again, and eventually found that Task Manager showed four instances of CPM running. Earlier today, however, it seemed to run OK, and I have changed nothing (to my knowledge) on my PC.

I quite like TC3, after happily using TRS2004 for a couple of years, but I am finding downloading content and generally using Content Manager Plus a touch irritating.

Smileyman
July 26th, 2008, 09:19 AM
but I am finding downloading content and generally using Content Manager Plus a touch irritating.
déjà vu

:hehe:

Smiley

Quiebus
July 26th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I quite like TC3, after happily using TRS2004 for a couple of years, but I am finding downloading content and generally using Content Manager Plus a touch irritating.

Try CCP next and you will truly have a ball. Every time I manage to open any content with it I invite all my neighbours and party all night long.

Orpheus2000
July 26th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Sounds as though you don't party very often, then.

madjamonline
July 26th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Great thanks for all of your kind support :D

I will just have to live with it but it was especially bade yesterday because my PC was really slow for some reason.

It's been the CCP that's been acting up today!

You can never win! :D

Quiebus
July 26th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Sounds as though you don't party very often, then.

Nope, not nearly enough.

bigboy4010
July 28th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Occasionally this happens to me. Usually its when I've got a few other applications running though, but sometimes it is the only thing that's running.

First off, does it ask you if you have a missing URL key?

Second, do you hit Escape when it says its checking if you've registered and its updating the Trainz Asset Database?

Third, do you have SP1 installed? After I installed it right (because there is a wrong way to do it, lol), CMP seemed to work better for me.

Hope things go well.