PDA

View Full Version : Gmax Question

stresstransit
July 24th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Hey Guys
Can anybody help me please,i hope this is in the right area,where or how do you find this gmax that you read alot about on this site is it a cd you can purchase or have to download stuff to get it,i found a site where i can get it but its called turbo squid-gmax not too sure about it any help would be muchly appreceated.
Thanks stresstransit

alby6
July 24th, 2008, 03:03 AM
yes that is what you are after, also don't forget the content creation studio.

stresstransit
July 24th, 2008, 03:34 AM
thanks for the reply alby6 but where do i get gmax from and that content creation studio thing isnt at aurun anymore i cant find it for sale there

eldavo
July 24th, 2008, 03:38 AM
If you seek out Paul Hobbs tutorials (http://www.44090digitalmodels.co.uk/) you will find links to the things you need and instructions on how to set them up. All for free!

Cheers
Dave

stresstransit
July 24th, 2008, 04:20 AM
thanks muchly dave have you used gmax if so how hard did you find it was to use and master it
cheers mick:D :D

Midland
July 24th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Well I've made three wagons/cars so far as well as half a semaphore; if I can do it, believe me anyone can!:hehe:

Follow the available tutorials and post here if needed.

Cheers

Nix

johnwhelan
July 24th, 2008, 05:56 AM
thanks muchly dave have you used gmax if so how hard did you find it was to use and master it

Try Blender instead, GMAX sort of works but I've found Blender is much more stable and reliable. It's also easier to learn and GMAX is unable to export to TRS2009 standards, translation its getting out of date very quickly.

Cheerio John

stresstransit
July 24th, 2008, 06:10 AM
thanks again for the replys peoples i have found gmax and have it installed just following the paul hobbs instructions thanks eldavo for that i mite try gmax and see if i can use it johnwhelan then i will try blender is it availible to download over the web like gmax and is that all its called blender if so i will search for it
cheers mick:cool: :cool:

eldavo
July 24th, 2008, 06:27 AM

Err yes, once or twice. :p It's tough, very tough but can be done.

Cheers
Dave

johnwhelan
July 24th, 2008, 10:46 AM
thanks again for the replys peoples i have found gmax and have it installed just following the paul hobbs instructions thanks eldavo for that i mite try gmax and see if i can use it johnwhelan then i will try blender is it availible to download over the web like gmax and is that all its called blender if so i will search for it

http://www.blender.org/

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/Tutorial_for_Blender

Cheerio John

stresstransit
July 25th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Thanks for that john i'll bookmark those sites,how much stuff have you built with it by the way

johnwhelan
July 25th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Thanks for that john i'll bookmark those sites,how much stuff have you built with it by the way

Currently I'm rebuilding things and getting 30% lower poly count. They will be up on the DLS shortly. The first three or four have been through beta testing.

Cheerio John

Quiebus
July 25th, 2008, 06:42 AM

woohoo! ... four posts in one topic and here is your first use of any punctuation. Your English teacher must be proud of you. EDIT: I was wrong. You also managed to sneak in one comma in the first post; you little devil you.

ZapperJet
July 25th, 2008, 08:52 AM

If it gives any perspective, I built this loco with Blender, and exported it through GMAX:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=28588

Cheerio,
John

stresstransit
July 25th, 2008, 10:30 PM
is this a forum on trainz or do you have nothing better to do with your time then look for other peoples mistakes i left school over twenty years ago and have gotten along quite well in life without punctuation so far,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, find a site sum where else and correct there grammar
....,,,,..;;'.,/ cheers big ears

Quiebus
July 26th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I have nothing better to do.

geoffvanman
July 26th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Hi guys thanks for that information I might give gmax a go myself I also hope quiebus dosen't mind that I haven't used any fullstops or comma's not all of us have a masters in English u know :D

Quiebus
July 26th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Hi guys thanks for that information I might give gmax a go myself I also hope quiebus dosen't mind that I haven't used any fullstops or comma's not all of us have a masters in English u know :D

Me neither. English isn't even my first language. I am however shocked to see by the sheer abuse of your own language. I would feel utterly embarrassed and hopelessly inadequate if I would post this type of atrocities in my native language .

stresstransit
July 26th, 2008, 07:58 PM
maybe you should stick with your first language and leave us alone then:p :p :p

stresstransit
July 26th, 2008, 08:00 PM
thanks for the reply that is amazing work you do hopefully one day i can turn out sumthing like that

johnwhelan
July 26th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Me neither. English isn't even my first language. I am however shocked to see by the sheer abuse of your own language. I would feel utterly embarrassed and hopelessly inadequate if I would post this type of atrocities in my native language .

Strangely enough many native English speakers haven't been taught the rudements of grammer due to the idea they can pick up what they need as they go along informally.

The really interesting thing is that these days a lot of teachers in England are having to teach english to pupils whose first language is something else and the biggest difficulty they have is English grammer. It's difficult to teach it when you haven't been formally taught yourself.

It depends very much what you use language for, to communicate complex ideas especially to none native speakers or when clear communication is essential you need formal English with grammer.

"Kill the cat on no account kill the dog."

A comma helps here.

"Give me a large coffee."

Grammer isn't quite so essential here.

Cheerio John

jfweaver
July 26th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Actually John, a comma would be insufficient within your example sentence. Whichever (correct) way you split that sentence you produce two independent clauses. Two independent clauses require a semicolon for separation. If you were setting off a dependent clause from an independent one then a comma would suffice.

Kill the cat; on no account kill the dog.

Kill the cat on no account; kill the dog.

An independent clause is, of course, one which could be a complete sentence all by itself. In either of the above examples, replacing the semicolon with a period and capitalizing the next letter would produce two complete sentences, thus each is an independent clause.

Our next lesson will be on the use of the pluperfect tense. :D

Jim

Midland
July 27th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Um... at the risk of being pedantic, isn't it spelt grammar?

Cheers

Nix

Quiebus
July 27th, 2008, 01:49 AM
maybe you should stick with your first language and leave us alone then:p :p :p

If I would stick to my native language you wouldn't be able to read it and complain about. You do realize that millions of people all over the world have bothered to learn enough English in order for them to communicate with you? Perhaps you should honour that by using your own language correctly instead of telling people to pee off.

stresstransit
July 27th, 2008, 05:36 AM
you obviously spend alot of time on the net putting people down for how they spell or use or abuse there language you must because i doubt you would have the balls to talk to someone face that way or you would of been put on your arse a long time ago i would think:hehe: :hehe:

Quiebus
July 27th, 2008, 06:29 AM
you obviously spend alot of time on the net putting people down for how they spell or use or abuse there language you must because i doubt you would have the balls to talk to someone face that way or you would of been put on your arse a long time ago i would think:hehe: :hehe:

Why don't you put that "threat" to the test and visit me? Anything I say on the net I also have no problems saying face-to-face. My professional life has given me more opportunities then I like to test that statement. Of course you are brave enough as well to call somebody a coward face-to-face. Or is your "threat" just a lame excuse because your language skills are abominable and you try to change the subject?

johnwhelan
July 27th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Um... at the risk of being pedantic, isn't it spelt grammar?

Cheers

Nix

Which only goes to show how bad mine is.

Cheerio John

stresstransit
July 27th, 2008, 06:41 AM
i dont know where you are my location is on screen wheres yours and we can sort out travel arrangments (not) you wanker do you think i would waste my time traveling to you just to teach you a lesson in people skills:wave: :wave:

johnwhelan
July 27th, 2008, 06:44 AM

I think the issue is not so much putting some one down as a request to make things more readable. People read by the shapes of words so its easier in written communication if you use upper and lower case and correct grammar. Many people here are not native English speakers and it is a curtsey to them to make things as clear as possible.

Cheerio John

stresstransit
July 27th, 2008, 06:45 AM
i didnt write nice person in my last post i actually called you a w***er but some one musta changed it

stresstransit
July 27th, 2008, 07:00 AM
i have not had any trouble communicating with people on any website i have joined regarding trainz the only person i have had dramas with is queibus who hasnt had a deccent thing to say so far in regards to my original question on Gmax so if i have to go back to school to learn where to put full stops and , and ' then just so he can understand then sorry its not worth doing
cheers mick

Quiebus
July 27th, 2008, 09:24 AM
i have not had any trouble communicating with people on any website i have joined regarding trainz the only person i have had dramas with is queibus who hasnt had a deccent thing to say so far in regards to my original question on Gmax so if i have to go back to school to learn where to put full stops and , and ' then just so he can understand then sorry its not worth doing
cheers mick

You can not even spell my name correctly, so I rest my case. Go back to school. :wave:

geoffvanman
July 28th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I think your missing the point queerbus, no one else has had a problem with understanding the question about using gmax. This is a game forum, how about moving over to www.improvingyourenglish.com (http://www.improvingyourenglish.com) and bothering them so that those of us that are interested in the trainz game can get on with it. Cheers form the vanman :wave:

Quiebus
July 28th, 2008, 05:01 AM
I think your missing the point queerbus, no one else has had a problem with understanding the question about using gmax. This is a game forum, how about moving over to www.improvingyourenglish.com (http://www.improvingyourenglish.com) and bothering them so that those of us that are interested in the trainz game can get on with it. Cheers form the vanman :wave:

Is it endemic that Australians can not spell my name? Or are you actually trying to make a "joke" by calling me a queer? It might interest you that I don't see "queer" as an insult because where I live people are not judged for their sexual preferences.

Stationbeem
July 28th, 2008, 06:02 AM
I don't think it matters how poeple spell or use grammar as long as the rest of know what is required I see no problem. For example; we have a member on the forums who is deaf. His threads dont make sense but we all know how to read between the lines and have helped him numerous times, and he has been very grateful. So Quiebus I think there is no point in turning this into a slanging match.

Camera
August 9th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Who knows where to get this content creation studio? Do you need content creation studio to create custom locomotives?

Camera
August 9th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Never Mind I found the link in the http://www.44090digitalmodels.co.uk/ Gmax tutorial 1 setting up. it heps to read 'em ya know:hehe:

coalguage
August 9th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Quiebus stop acting like a baby that hasn't had its diaper changed.

jytte
August 9th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Now now boys, it's time to cool off and play nice.

We are all here to discuss trainz, and preferably have a nice time doing so.

Here's a novel thought: Read the posts you like, ignore the others. Life is much simpler that way.

Donaldgatlin
August 9th, 2008, 02:23 PM
is there a different content creation like gmax but for free?

jytte
August 9th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Trainz Asset Creation Studio (which is Gmax for Trainz) IS free. You just need to have a version of Trainz, and register your gmax software, and you're up and running.
Warning: I've tried it, and it is a lot to learn, but worse, it's really an odd way of doing things as far as I'm concerned. Plus it's going to be obsolete most likely.
I will say though, it's a good way of learning how things are set up for Trainz, while you're waiting for something better to come around.

johnwhelan
August 9th, 2008, 03:49 PM
is there a different content creation like gmax but for free?

GMAX is free, so is Blender. Blender is easier.

Cheerio John