PDA

View Full Version : Missing eDependencies [ But there not missing :S )

July 24th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Hello,

Long story short i had to reboot my pc awile ago then put mine and my dads backed up routes back onto 2006... Blah blah blah we get them into trainz and i start finding the missing dependencies, When i find them all i load up my route only to find im missing a ton of buildings etc but CMP shows nothing missing and i have no content in the list which needs to be downloaded. This has also happened to my dads route with missing engine sheds etc.

Any ideas why im missing content which isn't missing :confused:

Cheers
Anthony

Dermmy
July 24th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Check the 'Open for Edit' tab in CMP. If anything is there, commit it....

July 24th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Checked the tab but nothing was open to commit except some reskin attepts.

Anthony

Check the 'Open for Edit' tab in CMP. If anything is there, commit it....

bolivar
July 24th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I found on re booting computer the error dsappears. If not delete the "assets.tdx" file in your TRS2006 folder does the trick. However depending on the size of your "local" file the rebuilding of your assets can take awhile.

July 25th, 2008, 12:45 AM
But theres no error, Theres nothing to say ive done something wrong or anything:confused: . Yea i might try re-building the local folder, Don't like doing it though as it took 2 1/2 days last time and that was before i gave up and shut it down:eek: .

Anthony

I found on re booting computer the error dsappears. If not delete the "assets.tdx" file in your TRS2006 folder does the trick. However depending on the size of your "local" file the rebuilding of your assets can take awhile.

Captain_Collins
July 25th, 2008, 04:28 AM
But theres no error, Theres nothing to say ive done something wrong or anything:confused: . Yea i might try re-building the local folder, Don't like doing it though as it took 2 1/2 days last time and that was before i gave up and shut it down:eek: .

Anthony

That could indicate more faults with your TRS. Unless you have the entire contents of the DLS AND third party websites on your computer, then rebuilding should be a matter of hours at most. This could suggest badly corrupted content.

nismit
July 25th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Posting deleted.

July 25th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Have you tried using the serach filter with these settings:

Location=Local
NOT Built-in
Faulty or MissingDependencies

in CMP?

Does anything come up? These are the errors earlies post are talking about.

Tried just then and nothing:'(

AussieNightcrawler
July 25th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Hi,

I have seen things like this before if the dependencies were installed "after" the item/content that requires them. What I do to fix is just open the item/content that is reporting missing dependencies in CMP for edit, then just simply commit again.

This will make CMP find that the dependencies are actually installed.

July 26th, 2008, 12:17 AM
What I do to fix is just open the item/content that is reporting missing dependencies in CMP for edit, then just simply commit again.

Tried that i made the route " Open for edit" the commited it but nothing...:confused: .

" This will make CMP find the dependencies already installed"

About that i just checked the DL/S to get some of the buildings missing , I downloaded the pub i used on part of it and CMP says its installed yet its not in trainz:'( . This also happened to alot of houses>

Anthony

paulzmay
July 26th, 2008, 07:51 AM
When you say 're-boot' I assume you mean you had to re-install Windows? Can I just check that you backed up the entire 'local' folder, and not just the routes? Did you also back up the assets.tdx file?

Paul

July 26th, 2008, 08:01 PM
When you say 're-boot' I assume you mean you had to re-install Windows? Can I just check that you backed up the entire 'local' folder, and not just the routes? Did you also back up the assets.tdx file?

Paul

Nah i just saved the CDP's for routes and beta's then got rid of trainz etc , When i put it back on ( With SP1 done correctly ) i jsut loaded all the route CDP's back into trainz. Is that my problem?

Anthony

nismit
July 27th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Posting deleted.

paulzmay
July 27th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Nah i just saved the CDP's for routes and beta's then got rid of trainz etc , When i put it back on ( With SP1 done correctly ) i jsut loaded all the route CDP's back into trainz. Is that my problem?

Anthony

If you only backed up the routes, and if you didn't select include dependencies (or whatever it says), then you won't have backed up any of the objects referenced in the route. If you still have the assets.tdx from before the re-install, then it will still assume that these items are installed. It's a bit like having a book with pages ripped out, but still a complete index.

Paul

July 28th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Ok im thinking of one last thing before i try Nismits instructions.

After a "downloaded" a building into trainz, Even though CMP said it was installed i loaded up the route and presto the building was there, So since the route isn't so big all i have to do is go through my beta's and find out the buildings then re-download them. Hopefully this will work.

Cheers
Anthony