PDA

View Full Version : PRR Horseshoe Curve

cascaderailroad
July 23rd, 2008, 11:22 AM
All PRR Horseshoe Curve railfans unite, anyone searching for photo locations, and webpage information locations about the PRR (1900-1930+) drop me a line. I am researching the PRR, and will gladly share all my research with you. I am also looking for additional information about the PRR, as I am building a merge of 2 Horseshoe Curve DEM's from DLS. Several others are working on the Horseshoe Curve and are doing an excelent job on recreating the Horseshoe Curve area ! PRR, Horseshoe Curve railfans unite !

gambroe
July 23rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
where does your route start and end? i'm from johnstown. I'll try to help any way I can for a good route on the curve!:D

gambroe

cascaderailroad
February 26th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I am wondering if there are other PRR railfans out there. I am creating a PRR route set in the 1920's...but my overall objective is to model the PRR like it never was disolved, and still exists to today. I have 2 N-Scale PRR U50CG loco's, (although the PRR had none, it still looks cool). I think that re-skinning modern loco's with the PRR paint scheme would be fun. I have a TGV in PRR scheme, and it looks rediculous, but is interesting. How about doing some PRR reskins of Alco 636, UPGasTurbine, DD40X...and some great older loco's. I always wanted a PRR Centipede, and several other PRR steamers, but it seems all anyone is creating is the newer locomotives...WOW...a SD60 in PRR paint sounds like a cool idea. PRR railfans unite !:cool:Reading, Erie Lackawanna, Delaware & Hudson, NYC, NW, Southern, B&O, and C&O are also other cool old roads. Any RR history fans out there ?

cascaderailroad
March 5th, 2009, 09:08 AM
My thread is missing...just seeing whether this one erases too

xero
September 3rd, 2009, 10:09 PM
All PRR Horseshoe Curve railfans unite, anyone searching for photo locations, and webpage information locations about the PRR (1900-1930+) drop me a line. I am researching the PRR, and will gladly share all my research with you. I am also looking for additional information about the PRR, as I am building a merge of 2 Horseshoe Curve DEM's from DLS. Several others are working on the Horseshoe Curve and are doing an excelent job on recreating the Horseshoe Curve area ! PRR, Horseshoe Curve railfans unite !
where can i download this route?

cascaderailroad
September 4th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Hopefully it will be ready for download by late Nov early Dec 2009:cool:

The massive DEM I am working on starts just west of Huntingdon, and ends just west of Johnstown. Included are Phillipsburg-Nanty Glo, the Horseshoe-Muleshoe-Allegheny Portage Inclined Planes-Wopsy RR. It covers a 3 county area, or more.

The Drainlick, Grassflat, Snowshoe, Gumstump, Bellefonte area is also under developement.

UP5521
September 4th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Maybe a k4 4-6-2 steam locomotive like the 1361 can be made but there is no pressure,this project is great!:cool: