PDA

View Full Version : Should I get TC3

kkeeley
June 12th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Hi guys,

Is it worth getting Trainz Classic 3 when released if you don't live in the country that it is designed for. Some of the new features sound great and as I live in Austraila and like to make routes based on my local areas, am I still going to able to build these or can I only use the ones supplied. What will happen to all the content from my current TRS2006 copy.

Thanks
Kenneth

jjslll54
June 12th, 2008, 07:10 PM
You can put more than one version of trainz on your computer. They will not interfere with each other. TC3 will not have all the content that TRS06 has, but works the same. You will have to import any extra content you need for your routes.

Jack

kkeeley
June 12th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Jack wrote.

You can put more than one version of trainz on your computer. They will not interfere with each other. TC3 will not have all the content that TRS06 has, but works the same. You will have to import any extra content you need for your routes.

So if I understand this correctly I can still import my objects from TRS06 as well as any I have downloaded, and I can still create new content for Australia.

Did I understand this correctly. Also is TC3 really going to be that much better than TRS06, as in graphics, features, etc. Or will the cost out way the benifits.

Kenneth

Mike10
June 13th, 2008, 05:11 AM
So if I understand this correctly I can still import my objects from TRS06 as well as any I have downloaded, and I can still create new content for Australia.
Correct.

Also is TC3 really going to be that much better than TRS06, as in graphics, features, etc. Or will the cost out way the benifits.
I would say yes, others may disagree of course.

If you are not sure you could wait until some others have tried it and given their opinion.

Mike.

kkeeley
June 17th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the replys,

I will now wait for it to be released and for some reviews to be made before a by it. I am looking forward to the better signalling feature as the current model is so un realistic.

Euphod
June 17th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Jump on the Pre Order bandwagon now! Of course you should buy it!

timberdv
June 17th, 2008, 06:38 AM

Now let me get this straight.

You have TRS6 TRS4 Classics 1 Classics 2 Classics 3 All on you computer at the same time. Can all the items and routes from Classics 1 & 2 be moved to Classics 3 so they will all be able to use the new features of Classics 3? Are we going to have to have all three programs occupying disk space or will we be able to get rid of Classics 1 & 2? Or does the New Version just update your present version and add on the new content and routes?

Euphod
June 17th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Beats me......:o I have moved TC1&2 content BACK to 2006, and I know you can move content forward (if you know how), but how the multiple TC platforms really work, well; I have no clue.

psycho_aussie
June 17th, 2008, 07:06 AM
TC 1 and TC 2 are just TC. They came in the one package. I believe that TC3 should install itself over TC if you have it installed, so you would then end up with TC 1, 2 & 3 together.

I've pre-ordered it...

Chris

QR1408
June 17th, 2008, 10:40 AM
TC3 would be ideal for making Oz routes of the 1960's. If you look at the built in passengers and road vehicles. I don't think TC3 will install over TC. As I understand it, it's a stand alone. Don't think it would be worthwhile having both installed.

Barney
June 17th, 2008, 12:58 PM
In any case, the price is not very high, so every true Trainz fan should purchase it. As long as we support Trainz, we support people who are creating it. And I am sure everyone will agree that they are doing great job as we are slowly but surely nearing the 10 year anniversary mark. :)

Barney

ess1
June 18th, 2008, 05:04 AM
In any case, the price is not very high, so every true Trainz fan should purchase it. As long as we support Trainz, we support people who are creating it. And I am sure everyone will agree that they are doing great job as we are slowly but surely nearing the 10 year anniversary mark. :)

Barney

Well said! I have pre-ordered.

MichaelWhiteley
June 18th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Well I'm sure by the end of this year TC3 should a brought in a good 1000 pounds? Hopefully more!

Cheers,
Mike

Vern
June 18th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I'll be ordering as the motive power and rolling stock alone makes the price worthwhile - excellent route too. And I'm keen to see the new physics & signalling features in action.

As regards development I'll probably stick to TRS2006 for now simply because some potential end users may not want to or be able to port the content across, although I fully intend to try and run my routes in the new version!

AHSAN
June 18th, 2008, 12:47 PM
............better than going down the pub and then pissing your money up the wall. :D

Too right.:wave: :cool:

misterchugg
June 18th, 2008, 06:34 PM
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/icons/icon1.gif

tell me 1 good reson ahsan. i bought TC 1+2 after believing the garbage they put on their website and i receved a faulty game that continually crashes

that is not what the game is about

if i import anythign then i need to fix the errors first before cmp will accept it

tell me that makes for gamign enjoyment

i do not think so

cheers
ron

QR1408
June 18th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Okay TC3 looks good, but the fixes it provides won't be made available as a patch and as it's stand alone I don't see how it will fix problems in previous versions anyway? I thought about getting this to make this to make some QR steam era routes but after so many Auran fiascos I don't think I'll throw more money their way. The only time Auran staff show up on the forums is when there's a new product to promote, no help or answers otherwise.

misterchugg
June 18th, 2008, 08:38 PM
i totally agree with you will

i have had no answers from the heldesk since before january

no use sending them anything

they never even answer TC questions

cheers
ron

Euphod
June 18th, 2008, 11:12 PM
tell me 1 good reson ahsan.

Well, since you quoted me (not Ashan), I'll give you one good reason: You can "reverse engineer" the content included and bring it back to 2006. If you are still using 2004 aside from from being disgruntled, you may still be able to bring the content back.

And the other good reason is there is no smiley for "tongue in cheek", as my original post was made!;)

Mike10
June 19th, 2008, 03:29 AM
I don't see how it will fix problems in previous versions anyway?

Who said it would?

Mike.

freightcar2
June 19th, 2008, 04:22 AM
TC 1 and TC 2 are just TC. They came in the one package. I believe that TC3 should install itself over TC if you have it installed, so you would then end up with TC 1, 2 & 3 together.

I've pre-ordered it...

Chris

Let me get the facts: You're telling me that if I have TC 1&2 installed and I install TC3 then I will have TC1, TC2, and TC3 all in one program? :confused: Correct me if I'm wrong.

FC2

amigacooke
June 19th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Let me get the facts: You're telling me that if I have TC 1&2 installed and I install TC3 then I will have TC1, TC2, and TC3 all in one program? :confused: Correct me if I'm wrong.

FC2 My understanding, and I may well have misunderstood, is that you will have TC1&2 unchanged and TC3 as a separate program.

freightcar2
June 19th, 2008, 06:22 AM
My understanding, and I may well have misunderstood, is that you will have TC1&2 unchanged and TC3 as a separate program.

I hope I'll have TC1,2&3 all in one program. Would Save having to switch to the TC you want. I just hope those stupid fatal errors are gone this time...:o :sleep: :sleep:

Mike10
June 19th, 2008, 06:35 AM
I just hope those stupid fatal errors are gone this time...:o :sleep: :sleep:

Those 'stupid fatal errors' are either something wrong with your system or some dodgy content. Using a new version of TC on the same machine with the same content will not stop them.

Mike.

freightcar2
June 19th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Those 'stupid fatal errors' are either something wrong with your system or some dodgy content. Using a new version of TC on the same machine with the same content will not stop them.

Mike.

WHAT???!!!! :eek: But I get fatal erorrs whenever I click 'start' to save a screenie to an appropriate folder. Does any wan think that this will be gone in TC3?:confused:

Mike10
June 19th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Just press the print screen key and it will save a screenshot into the 'screenshots' folder. You don't need to minimize Trainz to do that.

Mike.

freightcar2
June 19th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Just press the print screen key and it will save a screenshot into the 'screenshots' folder. You don't need to minimize Trainz to do that.

Mike.

Oooh! I never thought of that! Thanks so much!!! :D :mop:

Euphod
June 19th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Oooh! I never thought of that! Thanks so much!!! :D :mop:

I'm guessing you have not attended your senior prom yet....am I right?

freightcar2
June 19th, 2008, 10:45 AM

And that means...? :confused:

johnwhelan
June 19th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphod http://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?p=292701#post292701)

And that means...? :confused:

Euphod has a hang up about dancing. If you haven't you're in good company, I've never been to one either.

Cheerio John

freightcar2
June 19th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphod http://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?p=292701#post292701)

Euphod has a hang up about dancing. If you haven't you're in good company, I've never been to one either.

Cheerio John

I wish people wouldn't post 'hard-to-understand' posts. :(

Mike10
June 19th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I wish people wouldn't post 'hard-to-understand' posts. :(

I don't think it is that hard to understand.

Ed is alluding that you may be one of our younger members and if you have not yet attended your senior prom that would determine the fact.

Mike.

This may help for 'alluding' - www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) ;)

MichaelWhiteley
June 19th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I don't think it is that hard to understand.

Ed is alluding that you may be one of our younger members and if you have not yet attended your senior prom that would determine the fact.

Mike.

This may help for 'alluding' - www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) ;)

I haven't...But it's next Thursday! :p

Cheers,
Mike

AHSAN
June 19th, 2008, 03:20 PM
WHAT???!!!! :eek: But I get fatal erorrs whenever I click 'start' to save a screenie to an appropriate folder. Does any wan think that this will be gone in TC3?:confused:

Hello

If you are getting fatal errors follow these two threads:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=27102

and

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=25094

Regards

Ahsan:)

AHSAN
June 19th, 2008, 03:37 PM
tell me 1 good reson ahsan. i bought TC 1+2 after believing the garbage they put on their website and i receved a faulty game that continually crashes

if i import anythign then i need to fix the errors first before cmp will accept it

cheers
ron

Hello Ron

Are you talking about that no traffic road asset that crashes in TC? in your other thread:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=27284:)

and

CMP Error fix guide is available from railsim.co.uk in PDF.

http://www.rail-sim.co.uk/documentation_and_guides.shtml

any problems fixing any errors in content post here.

Regards

misterchugg
June 20th, 2008, 08:59 AM
hi ahsan

no, i do not have that road in my cmp

it takes me hours somtimes to try and fix things and then they still show up faulty in cmp or do not show at all.

when this happens i delete them

cheers ron

AHSAN
June 20th, 2008, 11:06 AM
hi ahsan

it takes me hours somtimes to try and fix things and then they still show up faulty in cmp or do not show at all.

cheers ron

Hello

It looks like you are not fixing the errors correctly, download and read the CMP Error fix guide.

Regards

Smileyman
June 20th, 2008, 12:47 PM
better than going down the pub and then pissing your money up the wall. :D
I don't know.
There's a lot to be said for both. :hehe:

Smiley.

QR1408
June 20th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Who said it would?

Mike.[/left]
I can't see any reason Auran shouldn't release a patch that could be applied to at least TC. All they can say to various TC probs is "please be patient, this will be corrected in the next edition". Most other games manage to release free patches to correct problems. So after spending bucks on TC we're expected to spend more on TC3 to get updates!
Probably better pissing the money against the wall....

amigacooke
June 20th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I'm sort of hoping that most people are independently minded enough to check out available facts and form their own opinion on whether any version of Trainz is worth buying.

S301
June 20th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Erm, I though the original announcement for TC was that when you install TC3 it acted similar to a service pack for TC1/2, and installed the new content at the same time.

But, thats what I though the original announcement said.

Anyways, I'll hopefully be able to convince my parents to get it for me :)

Zec