PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peek at Trainz Simulator 2009 front page...

Tony_Hilliam
June 6th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Trainz™ Simulator 2009

More realism, more rail lines, more features, more flexibility, more community.

Drive... Steam, Diesel or Electric trains (and even trams, boats and cars)
Operate... a complete working rail line with interactive industries
Build... and customize your own living railroad
Share... your creations and your passion with other rail fans

·Drive using full in-cab realistic controls or simple “speed” controller.
·Issue Driver Commands to control multiple trains.
·Keep to a passenger schedule, deliver freight, decouple wagons and much more.
·Add additional Session Rules to customize your living railroad.
·Download 1,000’s of routes, locos and more from the Trainz Download Station
·Send goods and trains to your friends and chat online.
·Even create your own 3D models or powerful TrainzScripts for unlimited flexibility.

New features in Trainz™ Simulator 2009:

- The largest ever collection of quality routes, locos, rolling stock and scenery.
- Twice the detail - trains, terrain and textures in higher resolution.
- Optimisations allow twice the scenery detail as well.
- New ground clutter and decals add gritty realism to your world.
- More tools in Surveyor to allow easier terrain deformation and track laying.
- Improved physics and easier re-configuration of locos and rolling stock.
- New user interface and Help system putting Trainz power into the hands of everyone.
- Improvements to Content Manager Plus to make organizing your content even easier.
- Embedded web browser allows more interaction, more information, more immersion.
- Trainz Exchange Community Portal for online chat, blogs, wikis and “scrapbooks”.
- Screenshot and video capture functions to help capture and share your experience.
- Enormous content update to ensure maximum compatibility between versions.

Trainz™ Simulator 2009 Mission Statement:

TS2009 continues the tradition of providing the most flexible and powerful rail simulation tools ever created. In this latest edition we are not only adding to that power, but also making sure that power is easier to find and use. TS2009 also takes advantage of a 10 or 20 times hardware performance improvement over the past 8 years. By doubling the terrain tessellation and further optimising the Jet engine, users will be able to dramatically increase detail in the world and maintain good frame rates. Of course the actual route performance is still ultimately in the hands of the creators who can keep adding more and more detail forever and bring even a supercomputer to its knees.

The other big new feature is the addition of an in-game web browser and the creation of Trainz Exchange. Trainz Exchange is a Community Portal that will allow users to write their own blogs, find and chat with other users, add screesnshots and movies to their own gallery and share their experience through Trainz Journeys (stories written by Trainz fans about their experiences). Top 10 lists will showcase the best screenshots, movies, routes, downloads, and Journeys. Users can vote on Daily, Weekly and All-time lists and filter by Region to find the best content from their favourite part of the world.

Once again, TS2009 will be a collaboration between Auran and the content creation community. This combined effort ensures that we can continue to focus on adding the features users are asking for and to continue improving the platform for generations to come. We look forward to sharing the journey with even more content creators and to help that process work smoothly, we have also opened a TrainzDev wiki which will be the hub of communication and information about making this the biggest and best ever version of Trainz.

Tony Hilliam, CEO, Auran Games.

CasyJ
June 6th, 2008, 08:30 AM
This line kinda scares me: "Twice the detail - trains, terrain and textures in higher resolution." Now I have one of last remaining low-end computer this side of a museum. What will be the Minimum System Requirements for running T09?

collinsl
June 6th, 2008, 09:13 AM
This line kinda scares me: "Twice the detail - trains, terrain and textures in higher resolution." Now I have one of last remaining low-end computer this side of a museum. What will be the Minimum System Requirements for running T09?

Processor: 32-core 12000 bit Intel CPU or equivalent
RAM: 20GB
HDD: 1PB (petabyte, 1 step up from terabyte)
GPU: 8-core graphics card with 20,000 pixel/shader pipelines and 2GB GDDR20 GRAM (graphics RAM)
Internet connection: 200Mb/s broadband connection
Other: DVD-RAM drive

Only kidding!
I bet it won't be that bad, I've never seen a game yet that would tax a £400 computer.

CasyJ
June 6th, 2008, 09:51 AM
GPU: 8-core graphics card with 20,000 pixel/shader pipelines and 2GB GDDR20 GRAM (graphics RAM)

Only kidding!
I bet it won't be that bad, I've never seen a game yet that would tax a £400 computer.

Thanks, I'll just have to wait and see.

Heaton
June 6th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Only kidding!
I bet it won't be that bad, I've never seen a game yet that would tax a £400 computer.Elder Scrolls Oblivion? Bioshock? :)

titaniclover
June 6th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Sounds cool. This version of Trainz I'm looking forward too. User freindly is what I'm getting out of this.

Will be watching.

Cheers,
Adam

seeseeme
June 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM
mmmmm ....... TRS2009 sounds interesting. Wonder when it will be out 2010 :hehe: , hopefully we have a constantly working DLS by then :hehe:

Sounds like some great features there, especially if they have improved CMP as this is one of the reasons I mainly still use TRS2004.

Craig
:):):)

mikemike
June 7th, 2008, 12:29 AM
still seems to me that this is a game for old people -- at least older than 40 -- and not an arcade game where i'd want to share trainz at more than forum talk level with anyone else. i really, really, like the way people have invented this game for you -- really made the content extraordinary and workable, and i admire that you're repackaging all that content into your trainz box -- but, i do think that all i'm really reading about is a service pack update -- of the kind i've gotten for free sometimes -- though no more -- "barbarian invasions" indeed -- and that you're working the internet thing as though that were going to allow a new game experience. that's pretty steve jobs -- packaging what's already been out there as the new trainzX 10.

there's more of us over 40 than ever, and we don't live in houses with attics anymore and i had to give my O gauge layout away. i'll bet people like me, people who have and want to spend the, really, not very much money that this kind of activity allows, would like to spend it on a friendly little layout builder which would do more than run choo-choos -- would subscribe to the app, in the way we do with DLS, and pay dues. and, really would look for something which would remind them of how excited they were with the first version of Trainz, and watching the development of the app, the first industries and all the things being worked on. i'm looking at some of the third party developers, and these people i remember from how many years has it been? and it seems to me that they've just been dropped by auran in some way -- that something awkward happened at some point when auran realized it had mis-marketed or underconceptualized their product and couldn't anymore identify what that product actually was.

i'd rather be wrong and mistaken about this. please help me out here.

AJ_Fox
June 7th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I would say that we have many younger people here but then many older people also and a few in the middle like me. :)

Cheers

AJ

builder300544
June 7th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Maybe to get the young ones interested Auran should programme the game so the drivers could have machine guns and gun down the passengers as the train enters the station, or maybe the train could run over people on the track cutting them in half (obviously with plenty of blood and gore) :D :D

Regards, John

Alan_Yeomans
June 7th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Great news, i hope the 06 assets that were removed for TC are returned, so everyone can properly use the 1,000's of quality layouts on the DLS.

- Screenshot and video capture functions to help capture and share your experience.

Special, this is really cool. A lot of people struggled to take screenies or video's.

The other big new feature is the addition of an in-game web browser and ...

WOW, sounds awesome, any more info on this?

collinsl
June 7th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Elder Scrolls Oblivion? Bioshock? :)

I apologise.

wreeder
June 7th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the heads up Tony. I would like to suggest that you consider an beta program similar to the one that Stardock runs. Users can pre-purchase the program and take part in the beta testing with the normal NDA of course.

William

Smileyman
June 7th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Sounds great, but anyone that's been around here long enough will remember Greg Lane's future of Trainz post, and how great that sounded.

I wish Auran luck with it, and hope it does happen, but I refuse to get excited by this news of things to come.
Been there, done that.

Smiley.

sfrr
June 7th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Sounds great, but anyone that's been around here long enough will remember Greg Lane's future of Trainz post, and how great that sounded.

I wish Auran luck with it, and hope it does happen, but I refuse to get excited by this news of things to come.
Been there, done that.

Smiley.smiley, i love your sig:hehe:

Magicland
June 7th, 2008, 10:07 AM

Been there, done that.

Smiley.

Heck, at least they're back to proposing things to come, rather than an extended, pay as you go "service pack" format for new versions of the same ol', same ol'...

Gangsta_Boi
June 7th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Who ever said that TRS09 was out in 2010 ...

Yes, I gathered it was a joke, but to point it out, TRS releases like this are usually brought out a short time the year BEFORE the year on the box ;)

Wether that has changed I dont know, all I can say is:

I can't wait !

Gangsta.

MichaelWhiteley
June 7th, 2008, 10:38 AM
So it's out at the end of 2008?...I can't remember. Don't really want to read back on the other thread...lol...7 pages of so many words. :hehe:

I wish you guys the best..I think Trainz is Auran's life line. It's the only game that keeps everything to gether...But I don't pay much attention to any other games for Auran apart from ship simulator!

Good luck!

Altogether on everything I have bought from Auran it comes to round about 175 pounds...

Trainz, (JustTrains) TRS2004, TRS2004, (Justtrains) TRS2006, TRS2006 limeted edition, art stodio pack and TC1&2. :hehe: :confused:

Cheers,
Mike

Drucifer
June 7th, 2008, 11:46 AM
ETA? Yr & Q is all I ask.

Will there be a 64-bit version? Or will you hold off until Windows 7 for that?

celje
June 7th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I'm happy, franchise TRS continue, no more classics, it's the good news. But what does it mean :" Keep to a passenger schedule, deliver freight,.."

collinsl
June 7th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I'm happy, franchise TRS continue, no more classics, it's the good news. But what does it mean :" Keep to a passenger schedule, deliver freight,.."
It basically means that you can set up schedule rules like you can in most trainz version since 2004.

Smileyman
June 7th, 2008, 01:46 PM
smiley, i love your sig:hehe:

Weird Al at his best.

For those not familiar with Weird Al's music (and for those who are):

Everything You Know Is Wrong (http://youtube.com/watch?v=34KVEthrXZI)
The Night Santa Went Crazy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-Mce9VpmY&NR=1)
White & Nerdy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw&NR=1)
One More Minute (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spZzKtjIRZg)
It's All About The Pentiums (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky-JTAPhmUo)
UHF (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pf9ZTeqVAc)And of course, many, many more. LOL

Smiley.

Smileyman
June 7th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Heck, at least they're back to proposing things to come, rather than an extended, pay as you go "service pack" format for new versions of the same ol', same ol'...
True.
And I'll get excited WHEN it happens.

Smiley.

ccordes
June 7th, 2008, 04:06 PM
... and WHEN is this going to be released?

seniorchief
June 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
CMP has had it's day, we need a fresh and easy Manager for trainz 2009
I Have heard the whistle long enough in the forum.

Damon(The Rocker):wave: :cool: :)

wreeder
June 8th, 2008, 07:01 AM
... and WHEN is this going to be released?

I would guess when it is finished and tested. Since they have just began working on it I would guess sometime in 2009 since the name does include 2009.

MichaelWhiteley
June 8th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I would guess when it is finished and tested. Since they have just began working on it I would guess sometime in 2009 since the name does include 2009.

No, sometimes comes out a year ealier 06 came out in the summer of 2005, I think.

Mike :)

ish6
June 8th, 2008, 01:38 PM
It all sound exciting ... looking forward to TR2009!!!:D

Ishie

chookie
June 9th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Maybe to get the young ones interested Auran should programme the game so the drivers could have machine guns and gun down the passengers as the train enters the station, or maybe the train could run over people on the track cutting them in half (obviously with plenty of blood and gore) :D :D

Regards, John
I dnt think so.
There are enough games around with blood and guts without adding that sort of crud to the trains series of games.

Mr.Jingles
June 9th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Reading from the TRS2009 / TRS-X Announcement (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=26854) that TRS-X will be released at the end of 2009, TRS2009 may be released around the end of 2008 or beginning of 2009.

The feature-list sneak-peak sounds promising, but I have yet to read "Improved AI behavior" to convince me into buying it.

But they still have half a year to get things done, so I'll wait until the next news announcement.

I'm currently just glad that the Trainz franchise is being continued and the announcement brought a bit of faith back.

On a sidenote, I see that the new TrainzDev Site (http://www.trainzdev.com) is running on Joomla CMS.
Now if only I wouldn't have thrown away my Joomla Trainz Template, I would have had something to share. (*bites tongue*)

Tata
Mr.Jingles

Vern
June 9th, 2008, 07:14 AM

Regards, John

H'mm, if you'd actually felt/seen what happens when a train hits someone (as I have three times) I don't think you would be quite so keen on that idea...

Ferrous
June 9th, 2008, 08:47 AM
H'mm, if you'd actually felt/seen what happens when a train hits someone (as I have three times) I don't think you would be quite so keen on that idea...

Yeah, I'm with Vern on this one....Plus, I'm pretty sure Auran wants to keep Trainz G.

Where on Earth did you get that idea, dare I ask?

MichaelWhiteley
June 9th, 2008, 09:25 AM

Grand theft Auto I guess! I we wounder why gun crime is so bad in this county! :confused: Trainz simulation isn't about killing...Unless it's murder on the train :hehe:

Cheers,
Mike

mawilson
June 9th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Trainz simulation isn't about killing...Unless it's murder on the train :hehe:

Cheers,
Mike

Does that mean someone is doing the Orient Express???

builder300544
June 9th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern http://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?p=288023#post288023)

Yeah, I'm with Vern on this one....Plus, I'm pretty sure Auran wants to keep Trainz G.

I was being sarcastic!!

Regards, john

wormlevel
June 9th, 2008, 01:12 PM

I fully agree. I still have nightmares about a boy on a bicycle going under a Ja and that was forty years ago.

Evan.

maxandfeeze
June 9th, 2008, 04:10 PM

Regards, John
lol im only 8 but that would make me REALLY happyhttp://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/icons/icon4.gif
Never mind that would be COOLhttp://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/icons/icon4.gif!

ldowns
June 9th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Let's just hope they don't decide that Vista will be a requirement...

--Lamont

Mick_Berg
June 10th, 2008, 12:23 AM
I dnt think so.
There are enough games around with blood and guts without adding that sort of crud to the trains series of games.
Errrrr....I think he was being sarcastic.....
Mick Berg.

atsfrr3000
June 10th, 2008, 12:44 AM
I dnt think so.

I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic, as a few have pointed out.

While I'm not sure I agree with his method of attack here, I wholeheartedly concur with his mockery of games like GTA and other cookie-cutter FPS gore crap.

Ron_Smith
June 10th, 2008, 01:13 AM
As I posted in the other thread "some of us aren't getting any younger" therefore the fewer delays for this project the better.:'(

builder300544
June 10th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I apologise if my post has been misconstrued. As I have said it was made "tongue in cheek" and my sarcasm was directed at some of the modern games which younger people seem to enjoy because of the 'blood an gore' element.

I would be the last person to want to see anything like this in Trainz.

Regards, John

MichaelWhiteley
June 10th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I apologise if my post has been misconstrued. As I have said it was made "tongue in cheek" and my sarcasm was directed at some of the modern games which younger people seem to enjoy because of the 'blood an gore' element.

I would be the last person to want to see anything like this in Trainz.

Regards, John

It's sometimes hard to read text like that...:hehe: . It's best in the future to stop people getting the wrong idea it to just put in brackets what your emotions is like if it's hard to work out. Things like a joke or sarcasm. :)

Mike

Vern
June 10th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Accept it was posted in jest but it is a bit of a sensitive topic, particularly to those of us who are "prototype" rail employees in the real world.

Drucifer
June 10th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic, as a few have pointed out.

While I'm not sure I agree with his method of attack here, I wholeheartedly concur with his mockery of games like GTA and other cookie-cutter FPS gore crap.Well I almost positive the Auran folks can't discern sarcastic posts from other regular posts!

ekeenan
June 11th, 2008, 01:05 AM
My primary train sim is MSTS, but I have been working with both TRS 2004 & 2006. Its too bad they broke the sound in 2006 because I like working with the CMP. Between both releases, there is a lot to learn when it comes to working with the script. Many good things can be done when you can master the language, but since I have other things going on, I really do not have the time to try to master it. Maybe the next version could make working with the script easier. Anyways, here is to hoping that the next version will beat out both TRS 2004 & 2006.

Edward K.

Euphod
June 11th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Its too bad they broke the sound in 2006

Cut your sound hardware acceleration back to 3/4 or so.

I can understand the children's fascination with gore and violence; we have taught them to be entertained by such, not by what we have said, but rather by what we have allowed them to be exposed to. My son's the same way, it's the way the world is now; innocence ends too early. I respect Auran for not crossing the line, however, even though it would probably reap handsome financial rewards if it did. I can't imagine what the forums would be like though!

Honestly, what adult here hasn't enjoyed a good gory movie at some time or another, or played one of the FPS games?

"Tsk, tsk," he said, slowly shaking his head, "Tsk, tsk...."

tonyvdb
June 11th, 2008, 02:52 PM
This sounds like a real improvement over TRS'06. Is there going to be compatibility with routes made in '06? and will the update from '09 to TRSX be smooth as in just a simple upgrade?

ess1
June 12th, 2008, 01:51 AM
My primary train sim is MSTS, but I have been working with both TRS 2004 & 2006. Its too bad they broke the sound in 2006 because I like working with the CMP. Between both releases, there is a lot to learn when it comes to working with the script. Many good things can be done when you can master the language, but since I have other things going on, I really do not have the time to try to master it. Maybe the next version could make working with the script easier. Anyways, here is to hoping that the next version will beat out both TRS 2004 & 2006.

Edward K.

Here, here:)
rgds.,
Aged boy...;)

1FlasH1
June 12th, 2008, 08:25 AM
My primary interest in TRS is trams, and I have modelling tram rolling stock for game. You can see our models on http://tramsim.com.ua. And I have a question to creators of TS2009, if will be reviewed and modernize system of enginesounds? Because in TRS2008 and TrainZ Classics sound system is very bad. Main problem - in the acceleration and in the state of dynamic-brake playing even soundfiles. In my trams and in many kind of models its sounds must be different. And sounds can not be ruled by scripts - it's bad too.
Best regards!
Pavel.

k7ql
June 12th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Haven't seen anything yet, but I hope the Trainz team turns on the multiprocessor switch on the compiler. I just hate it when one half of my CPU is sweating blood and the other half is almost sleeping.

Will be interesting to see how this Trainz2009 adventure unfolds for Auran. My fingers are crossed. Good luck.

Willy

Birth is terminal... and I'm an optimist

LeonUK-China
June 12th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I think the key aspects should be a clean start, and also making it easy to upgrade content for compatibility.

I suggest no backwards compatibility, backwards compatibility can really limit a products new feature set. Releasing or re-releasing content is fun in it's self :D. I wouldn't want to use most of the older content due to the texturing being too dated now.

A separate new DLS with only new content or upgraded content.

chrisracer8903
June 12th, 2008, 11:30 PM
This sounds promising, but will TRS2009 or X include the content built-into TRS2006 so we can continue using routes and content that was once unable to use in Trainz Classics?

Smileyman
June 13th, 2008, 04:51 AM
This sounds promising, but will TRS2009 or X include the content built-into TRS2006 so we can continue using routes and content that was once unable to use in Trainz Classics?
This will be a contentious issue.

Whilst I would like to see plenty of the operational assets included like the stations and industries, TRS2006 was very bloated in my opinion, with a lot of stuff that was used for included routes, that wouldn't be used again by most people.

The other things that I think would need to be in there would be as many rules and driver commands as possible, along with as many track types, signals etc, so that we had a good selection of the basics to create our routes, but get rid of the majority of the buildings.
If there are going to be new standards possible because of new features, then people need to be encouraged to use them, and a lack of built-in assets would do this.

If TRS2009 had everything that TRS2006 had, it would be a big negative for me, so I hope it doesn't happen.

Smiley.

whitepass
June 13th, 2008, 10:53 AM
turns on the multiprocessor switch on the compiler
It's no were near that simple, it's about ten time more work and would require a total re-wright of all the code. MS Office 2008 is the first Office to use more that one CPU, most games may never use more than one CPU. 64bit software is a lot more likely.

sethmcs
June 13th, 2008, 05:13 PM
This will be a contentious issue.

Whilst I would like to see plenty of the operational assets included like the stations and industries, TRS2006 was very bloated in my opinion, with a lot of stuff that was used for included routes, that wouldn't be used again by most people.

The other things that I think would need to be in there would be as many rules and driver commands as possible, along with as many track types, signals etc, so that we had a good selection of the basics to create our routes, but get rid of the majority of the buildings.
If there are going to be new standards possible because of new features, then people need to be encouraged to use them, and a lack of built-in assets would do this.

If TRS2009 had everything that TRS2006 had, it would be a big negative for me, so I hope it doesn't happen.

Smiley.

If Auran takes my folder content suggestion then it doesn't matter how much content you have it will only load what you want it to load.:cool: I envision a utility similar to the utility the team at Darjeeling Himalayan Railway created built into TRS2009.

Smileyman
June 13th, 2008, 07:06 PM
If Auran takes my folder content suggestion then it doesn't matter how much content you have it will only load what you want it to load.:cool: I envision a utility similar to the utility the team at Darjeeling Himalayan Railway created built into TRS2009.
Yeah, the old folder system from the early days of Trainz worked well I think.
It's a shame that when CMP came along, it took a different approach to the management of content, and locked it all away.

Peter5 created a utility in the TRS2004 days (or was it before) that allowed you to select which content would be loaded with the game by moving content back and forth between the World folder and a backup folder.
Unfortunately, I don't think Auran are going to ditch CMP or redesign it, so I doubt that we'll see those days again.

And of course there's the content that's locked up inside the JA files.
This is where TRS2006 is bloated (IMO) and there's nothing we could do about this even if they did bring back the World folder.

I always used multiple installations for various maps, and if they could just program CMP or whatever replaces it to allow us to set up unlimited installation directories.

It would go something like this:
I have my main installation at c:\TRS09, which CMP names "Main" upon installation.
I then copy over the whole TRS09 folder to another location and rename the folder "TRSHB", run CMP and set up a second installation from inside CMP using the location c:\TRSHB and the name "Heartbeat Route"

Do this for as many routes (or collection of routes) as you want, and then when you double-click a CDP file, a window pops up with the details of the CDP, with a drop-down box listing all the installations that have been set up with CMP.
You could then select "Heartbeat Route" from the list, and click OK, and the asset(s) would be installed into that installation of the game.

Simple as that.

BTW, with or without that feature, I would still love to go back to the days where double-clicking a CDP file simply installed the asset, instead of starting CMP, which I always thought was a waste of time when you just wanted to install something.
They could have easily done that when they created CMP, as long as the assets were committed automatically.
Then we wouldn't have to go into CMP unless we wanted to do something other than install assets, which would be good news for a lot of people.

I would go and suggest it in the suggestion forum, but to be honest, it wouldn't be the first time I suggested it over the last couple of years.

Anyway, my point was, :D, that if they left out all the "bloatiness" (?!?) from TRS09, we could have multiple installations with as much or as little content as was required by that particular installation, but if the JA file are packed with "old" content, then we have no choice but to have multiple "bloatie" installations, however little we installed into them.

These are the "little" things that could make this game a joy to use once more.

Smiley.

perry_weekley
June 13th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Cut your sound hardware acceleration back to 3/4 or so.

I can understand the children's fascination with gore and violence; we have taught them to be entertained by such, not by what we have said, but rather by what we have allowed them to be exposed to. My son's the same way, it's the way the world is now; innocence ends too early. I respect Auran for not crossing the line, however, even though it would probably reap handsome financial rewards if it did. I can't imagine what the forums would be like though!

Honestly, what adult here hasn't enjoyed a good gory movie at some time or another, or played one of the FPS games?

"Tsk, tsk," he said, slowly shaking his head, "Tsk, tsk...."

I really hate it when things are to gory. Some gore is alright but now days it's terrible.

I was raised in a Comedy household so I'm more of a comedy than a gore guy.

What's even worse is I like chick flicks. They can be funny and sad.

If Auran ever put gore in Trainz I'd sue them back into a gore free zone. While I like FPS games I'd rather have Trainz be Trainz.

Now on topic. Like someone at the very start of the thread said. This looks more like a patch than a new game. New games are supposedly to have more than new content and some little changes. Now if this was an expansion pack series than I wouldn't mind paying 20 dollars for more.

I feel that with all the requests for better graphics it would be near the top of your list. Sadly I look through that and see this. "Same engine! We're just putting more paint on it to look nicer!"

S301
June 13th, 2008, 08:24 PM
What about this one. Have a separate installer (or an option in the main install menu) that allows you to select if you want the TRS06 content installed with it or not. That way, if you don't want/need it, you don't have to install it. If you do want/need it, well it's there for you. You could also have an install file included on the disc to install the TRS06 content, much the same way that the TRS04 'deluxe' version had the extra content CD.

Zec

MichaelWhiteley
June 14th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Why not make a sort of publicity stunt and instead of using a disk to install how about a memory stick! :hehe:

Cheers,
Mike

backyard
June 14th, 2008, 05:22 AM
8) Great Idea, MichaelWhiteley, I am go with this, a World-Wide show of this!

I have plowed a few hours, on TRS, does it show?

Mr.Jingles
June 15th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Peter5 created a utility in the TRS2004 days (or was it before) that allowed you to select which content would be loaded with the game by moving content back and forth between the World folder and a backup folder.
Unfortunately, I don't think Auran are going to ditch CMP or redesign it, so I doubt that we'll see those days again.

And of course there's the content that's locked up inside the JA files.
This is where TRS2006 is bloated (IMO) and there's nothing we could do about this even if they did bring back the World folder.

It may be personal preferrance, but I for myself don't really like such "hacky" approaches of content management, and it becomes even worse when 3rd party tools come in that clutter your harddisk and drastically increase fragmentation (therefore slowing it all down in the long run) by moving content between 2 folders.

Did you know that you can Enable / Disable content from within the CMP ?
Just right-click on the unwanted content and select "Enable / Disable". Done.

What I would like to see is a more Database driven approach (NOT saying that I would like to see it running on MySQL or SQLExpress or similar DBs).
Streaming needed content not from the filesystem, but custom ZIP-like archives is more efficient in my opinion. (of course while also giving us the possibilities to pack and unpack such content too.

I really like the way Crysis is doing it. (look it up on the net if you know nothing about it. In the worst case I'll explain it in some length)

I always used multiple installations for various maps, and if they could just program CMP or whatever replaces it to allow us to set up unlimited installation directories.

It would go something like this:
I have my main installation at c:\TRS09, which CMP names "Main" upon installation.
I then copy over the whole TRS09 folder to another location and rename the folder "TRSHB", run CMP and set up a second installation from inside CMP using the location c:\TRSHB and the name "Heartbeat Route"

Do this for as many routes (or collection of routes) as you want, and then when you double-click a CDP file, a window pops up with the details of the CDP, with a drop-down box listing all the installations that have been set up with CMP.
You could then select "Heartbeat Route" from the list, and click OK, and the asset(s) would be installed into that installation of the game.

There's no need to clutter your computer with multiple TRS installations with about 4 Gb each.
All there needs to be is the possibility to create "Profiles".
Then each profile could have it's content associations, settings, etc.

Anyway, my point was, :D, that if they left out all the "bloatiness" (?!?) from TRS09, we could have multiple installations with as much or as little content as was required by that particular installation, but if the JA file are packed with "old" content, then we have no choice but to have multiple "bloatie" installations, however little we installed into them.

I don't like 95% of the default content either, as it's just of too low quality and does this game no justice.
What I'd like to see in the TRS2009 / TRS-X versions is content that's really well done, by default. (animated bogies for all railcars, at least 3 LODs for everything, better textures, etc.)
If the engine can now better keep up with higher polycounts and such, then the content used should reflect that.
This, and the possibility to start trainz without the default content (the holodeck texture aside).

Tata
Mr.Jingles

ess1
June 15th, 2008, 01:42 AM
I think the key aspects should be a clean start, and also making it easy to upgrade content for compatibility.

I suggest no backwards compatibility, backwards compatibility can really limit a products new feature set. Releasing or re-releasing content is fun in it's self :D. I wouldn't want to use most of the older content due to the texturing being too dated now.

A separate new DLS with only new content or upgraded content.

Rather selfish don't you think?

Smileyman
June 15th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Did you know that you can Enable / Disable content from within the CMP ?
I should do.
I beta tested it during it's development.
But the point is it's an unreliable and unstable program, and we are discussing the alternatives, so there's no point in trying to show a solution that involves CMP.

It may be personal preferrance, but I for myself don't really like such "hacky" approaches of content management, and it becomes even worse when 3rd party tools come in that clutter your harddisk and drastically increase fragmentation
If you DeFrag weekly, it takes minutes, and there is no slowdown on any software.
If you DeFrag monthly or yearly, it takes hours, and you only have yourself to blame. :hehe:

And people generally turn to 3rd party tools when the supplied software doesn't meet the requirements.
The suggestions in this thread are aimed at Auran so that they can put this right.

What I would like to see is a more Database driven approach
This is exactly what CMP was aimed at doing, and the idea behind CMP is a good one, except it's implemented very poorly.
If they fixed CMP, or rewrote it from the ground up, then it would be a great tool, and wouldn't need to copy any other games way of doing things, but they won't fix it because too many people say that it works fine, outnumbering the people who have a problem with it (therefore, those with problems have to lump it).

A word of warning: I had very few problems with CMP during the whole of testing TRS2006, and found myself telling the few beta testers that did have problems with it that it must be their fault.
Towards the end of testing, I started to experience problems, and have never had anything but trouble since (which is why I'm back to TRS2004).
So, be careful.
If CMP stops working for you tomorrow and onwards, be prepared for people like yourself to say that there's nothing wrong with it, and that it must be your fault it's not working.

There are many people here like myself, who have been programming for more years than half of the people here have been alive, and yet we have to listen to these people trying to explain to us that it's something we're doing.
It used to be annoying, but now I find it hysterical. :D

There's no need to clutter your computer with multiple TRS installations with about 4 Gb each.
It's not clutter.
I have nearly 300 Gb still free on my main computer, and it's there to be used for whatever I deem to be required.

I don't like 95% of the default content either, as it's just of too low quality and does this game no justice.
Which is why I said that the game should get rid of most of it.
As long as they leave in plenty of the basics that are required for route creation, that's all that's needed.
If people want more, then the Download Station is there.

High quality content takes time to make, and development costs have to be kept to a minimum, especially in Auran's current state, so maybe the 3rd party group will happen again.

This wasn't a great success last time IMO, and I would rather see them make a call for content NOW from all creators, wihout the "behind closed doors" group mentality that was created last time, and Auran can then pick and choose which content they've been sent they want in the new game.

All content that's sent to them, but isn't accepted for inclusion in the game, can then be sent to the DS by Auran, so when the game is released, you have plenty of new assets built-in to the game, and plenty of new content already on the DS waiting to be downloaded.

It's a win/win situation, but this sort of thing has to begin now, not a few months before release, and the public will need plugins for all the major 3D packages well in advance.

Let's see what happens.

Smiley.

P.S. While I'm at it, let's appoint some "Download Station Police", so that items uploaded without screenshots, descriptions or with incorrect location/genre data can be booted off there. :D:D:D:D:D

P.P.S While I'm still at it, I'd like to see an end to the "Demo" features that seem to get included with Trainz.
If there's going to be a route included in TRS2009, let's have a complete route. If there's going to be scenarios included in TRS2009, let's have real, fully blown, complete scenarios, not watered down adverts for where you can get the real thing. :(

I'm sure there's some attraction to including some demo of a payware asset with the game, but in my eyes, it cheapens the whole game.

There's plenty of talented individuals out there who are willing to contribute their assets to the game for free, as they do when they upload to the DS.
Auran built this game up by building this community, and it's a credit to them, but it does amaze me how many times they've refused to utilise their greatest asset.

chuffchuff
June 15th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Weird Al at his best.

For those not familiar with Weird Al's music (and for those who are):

Everything You Know Is Wrong (http://youtube.com/watch?v=34KVEthrXZI)
The Night Santa Went Crazy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-Mce9VpmY&NR=1)
White & Nerdy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw&NR=1)
One More Minute (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spZzKtjIRZg)
It's All About The Pentiums (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky-JTAPhmUo)
UHF (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pf9ZTeqVAc)And of course, many, many more. LOL

Smiley.

Ah Smiley for a minute I thought that said Weird AI :D something we may hopefully see the back of in the new products.

Actually most of those titles would fit in with weird AI too:)

I'm actually quite excited about the newly announced products. If it all goes according to plan the new Trainz products will contain those features the core of the community has been pleading years for.

Dave

Smileyman
June 15th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Ah Smiley for a minute I thought that said Weird AI
Lol, I hadn't thought of that.
That certainly describes most of the drivers in the game. :hehe:

Yeah, there does seem to be a good vibe about the new game, so let's hope it happens this time.

I promised not to be cynical for the whole of this month, giving Auran the benefit of the doubt, allowing TC3 to be a sign of things to come, so good luck to them.

But they need to get it right this time.
Patience is not an unlimited virtue. :p

Smiley.

ess1
June 15th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Well posted Smiley:)

You lot - you know it makes sense!

Mr.Jingles
June 17th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Let's see what happens.

Smiley.

Well explained, Smiley.
I was merely bringing up some alternatives, as there are for sure multiple ways to solve things, which I'm sure you as a developer yourself may know.

Auran should take note of the existing problems (not just CMP) and fix them, which in the end is one of the main reasons for ServicePacks, Patches or even new versions, anyways.

Only time will tell what the new sim will be like, but if it's worth it, I'll definately place my Order again.

Tata
Mr.Jingles

k7ql
June 19th, 2008, 11:25 AM
It's no were near that simple, it's about ten time more work and would require a total re-wright of all the code. MS Office 2008 is the first Office to use more that one CPU, most games may never use more than one CPU. 64bit software is a lot more likely.

Your absolutely correct... been there... done that... with industrial simulators. I thought that if I played dumb (easy for me), I might be able to plant a seed into the mind of a masochistic Trainz programmer. :hehe:

kennethpardue
June 20th, 2008, 12:23 PM
But will there be a Mac version?

ballastwater
June 20th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Elder Scrolls Oblivion? Bioshock? :)
both very good games... i cant wait, its going to be so freaking cool

graemeo
June 22nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
I'd buy it. :)

Smileyman
June 23rd, 2008, 07:10 AM
To cut a long story short, and to use the Mac version of TRS2006 as an example.....

No, Maybe, Yes, Here's some screenshots, It's on it's way, It's nearly finished, NO.

Smiley.

amigacooke
June 23rd, 2008, 09:21 AM
But will there be a Mac version? If you have an Intel Mac you may be able to get the PC version running, using Wine or one of the variants.

magicentro
June 24th, 2008, 02:26 AM
To cut a long story short, and to use the Mac version of TRS2006 as an example.....

No, Maybe, Yes, Here's some screenshots, It's on it's way, It's nearly finished, NO.

Smiley.

ROLF :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I really needed a good laugh and you delivered Smiley.

Thanks !

Steve.

PJohnDavid
June 24th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Will There be new generation Locos? Like sd90Macs or GE dash9s, and Companies like Automanufacturers, (i.e Auto Assembly plants)? and Other Interesting Things?

davesnow
June 24th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I am certainly hoping that in TRS2009 that the TRAFFIC will continue to drive on the roads, even after I have stopped my loco for a signal or a yard, etc. In TRS2006, after being stopped for about a minute, the traffic slowly disapates and eventually disappears. Oh, sure, you can go to MAP VIEW For a few seconds and it will return, but I don't like having to do that. I want traffic on the roads all the time... and maybe even a little more traffic than usual.;)

Iced8383
June 26th, 2008, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=see , hopefully we have a constantly working DLS by then :hehe:

Craig
:):):)[/QUOTE]

i doubt it

Drucifer
June 26th, 2008, 06:05 PM

Smiley.I remember everyone of those steps, but there was a lapse of quiet between it nearly finished to them finally admitting no.

Reecek
June 26th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Still no multiplay I assume?:'(

jadebullet
June 26th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Oh God, please dont make it Vista only lol. that would be suicide. I refuse to pick up that crappy OS when XP works fine... but i want trs09

Also when it says new physics i hope that the made the collision detection a little more realistic. Now i dont mean crumpling or fire or anything. I just dont want any more of this passing through each other stuff when the train crashes. When my frieght train accidently hits a parked coal train i at least want to see the ensuing pile up. Its like a consolation for spending an hour running the train just to have it crash when you went to get a drink.(i could have sworn i put the pause on.)

AHSAN
July 2nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
I remember everyone of those steps, but there was a lapse of quiet between it nearly finished to them finally admitting no.

It's different this time.;)

ThaboylovesTrains
July 2nd, 2008, 08:20 PM
I thought It was Cancelled?!?!?!?

collinsl
July 3rd, 2008, 04:30 AM
I thought It was Cancelled?!?!?!?

What was cancelled?

paulzmay
July 3rd, 2008, 05:41 AM
High quality content takes time to make, and development costs have to be kept to a minimum, especially in Auran's current state, so maybe the 3rd party group will happen again.

This wasn't a great success last time IMO, and I would rather see them make a call for content NOW from all creators, wihout the "behind closed doors" group mentality that was created last time, and Auran can then pick and choose which content they've been sent they want in the new game.

I think someone is listening - did you get an e-mail from Rob too?

I'm sure there's some attraction to including some demo of a payware asset with the game, but in my eyes, it cheapens the whole game.

Personally I don't mind if the trailer is big enough in itself (e.g. Hawes Junction, Dresden-Nurnberg), rather than a very mini version of the real thing (e.g. Modula City). Locked content is also a real pain, as is (to a lesser extent) deliberately obscurely named content.

Anyway, I think that everything that is being said about TS2009 so far is positive. Let's hope Auran can deliver.

Oh, and Vista compatible yes, Vista only NOOOOOOO!

Paul

chookie
July 4th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Errrrr....I think he was being sarcastic.....
Mick Berg.
Not likely I have seen enough of it in most things and I strongly beleive that it would spoil the train series of games.
Keep in mind that if you want blood and guts you can go to the shop and buy that type of game or if you like trains like me and a lot of other people
then you buy trains games without the blood and guts.
In the mean time lets all have a nice day.

K4driver
July 9th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I agree with the derailment argument...nothing like Blood or guts or things like that....Just the realistic physics like in RS and MSTS...I mean no sliding trough each other...it really gets rid of the realism of the game. I wonder if there will be any payware installed in TRS09 like modula city in TRS06

Smileyman
July 9th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I wonder if there will be any payware installed in TRS09 like modula city in TRS06
Well, over on the Dev site, Tony has specifically said that he doesn't want TRS2009 to have demo payware like TRS2006 did, so that sounds hopeful, but other comments and questions he has asked since, suggest that we may yet have to put up with 10% of a route or 2% of a scenario. :sleep:

I'm not convinced yet, but let's hope that included routes are full routes, and sessions/scenarios are there in full.
The problem with asking payware authors for something for TRS2009 is that they will more often than not want to only give you a taste of something, rather than something worth having as it stands.

Which is why I hope that enough freeware people decide to contribute something to TRS2009 to make it worth having.

Smiley.

ish6
July 9th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Well, over on the Dev site, Tony has specifically said that he doesn't want TRS2009 to have demo payware like TRS2006 did, so that sounds hopeful, but other comments and questions he has asked since, suggest that we may yet have to put up with 10% of a route or 2% of a scenario. :sleep:

I'm not convinced yet, but let's hope that included routes are full routes, and sessions/scenarios are there in full.
The problem with asking payware authors for something for TRS2009 is that they will more often than not want to only give you a taste of something, rather than something worth having as it stands.

Which is why I hope that enough freeware people decide to contribute something to TRS2009 to make it worth having.

Smiley.

Very good points B!!!!!!:)

Ishie

K4driver
July 9th, 2008, 08:14 AM
If i had good enough content...I would give it up

Dap
July 14th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Also when it says new physics i hope that the made the collision detection a little more realistic. Now i dont mean crumpling or fire or anything. I just dont want any more of this passing through each other stuff when the train crashes. When my frieght train accidently hits a parked coal train i at least want to see the ensuing pile up. Its like a consolation for spending an hour running the train just to have it crash when you went to get a drink.(i could have sworn i put the pause on.)

I'd like to see derailment and collision resolution options - get out the big hook and clear the right of way instead of bringing the session to a grinding halt.

And please please please put some intelligence and reliable repeatability in the AI.

Good Luck Auran !

stationfried
July 18th, 2008, 07:54 AM
even a signal man..? maybe,, waiting to give a signal to hook up, to couple/decouple signalling to the driver, souds like it's got it all.

freightcar2
July 18th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Please make realistic derailments...! I want to see my trains pile up! :udrool:

oldmanridge
July 18th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I just was about to download Classic 3 from the offer I got today. I have some questions.
1. Will 09 be better than classic 3
2. what is classic 3 like ? any good?
3. when do we expect 09?

AHSAN
July 19th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I just was about to download Classic 3 from the offer I got today. I have some questions.
1. Will 09 be better than classic 3
2. what is classic 3 like ? any good?
3. when do we expect 09?

Hello

1. Yes
2. Improved for Steam enthusiasts and lots of bug fixes
3. I'll leave Tony to answer that for you

Regards

Ahsan:)

bspittles
July 19th, 2008, 07:46 PM
If we're having a wishlist...

Can we have working diamond crossings please!?

martinvk
July 20th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Trainz™ Simulator 2009

·Download 1,000’s of routes, locos and more from the Trainz Download Station
·Even create your own 3D models or powerful TrainzScripts for unlimited flexibility.

New features in Trainz™ Simulator 2009:

- The largest ever collection of quality routes, locos, rolling stock and scenery.

Where is all that new content coming from? How many people can afford to buy 3DSMax? :eek: Even putting that aside, will the new design specifications be made available early enough so that those who want to give it a go can start and hopefully finish before the game is released? :cool:

- New ground clutter and decals add gritty realism to your world.

Decals? Are those little transparencies we stick on the ground? :confused:

- More tools in Surveyor to allow easier terrain deformation and track laying.

Wonder if that includes a method to terraform a wide area - large scale slopes?

- Enormous content update to ensure maximum compatibility between versions.

[/I] Tony Hilliam, CEO, Auran Games.

Cleanup the DLS? That would be a good idea even without TRS2009, although it probably takes something like this to make if happen. Perhaps as a first effort, some kind of flag that shows if the object is 100% compatible with the claimed version of Trainz. An automatic filter should be able to find and tag those objects. A second round could go in and repair minor errors. For all others, ask the creator to repair it. If the original creator can't, won't or is not available, then either remove it from the DLS:( or put it in an AS-IS bin where people can get them with the understanding that it it doesn't work, too bad.

I would vote for an AS-IS bin. :)

bards1
July 21st, 2008, 11:32 AM
Which UK routes will be on it, or UK trains. ?

Smileyman
July 21st, 2008, 12:45 PM
Which UK routes will be on it, or UK trains. ?
Well, there's one UK themed route that, if it doesn't get accepted for inclusion with TRS2009, will be released shortly after.

And I think you're going to like it. :wave:

Smiley.

K190
July 22nd, 2008, 05:40 AM

I hope it works on Wine Linux..

ATM I have 2006 running under Linux and it flies. Much better than windows in terms of rendering speed. I have my resolution at 1680x1050 and its silky smooth. Anyways, give it a try if you like and compare the 2.

Scoot
July 22nd, 2008, 10:22 AM
i hope it will run on xp.

Iced8383
July 22nd, 2008, 06:05 PM

WOW:eek:

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:eek:

Only kidding!

Great. you were just kidding:n:

collinsl
July 23rd, 2008, 12:29 AM
WOW:eek:

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:eek:

Great. you were just kidding:n:

Yes, quite.

comtrain
August 1st, 2008, 05:47 AM
I dnt think so.

No all you do is put it on line. Mount the six most popular maps on a server so we can co-operate and game play like the internet was designed or modified to do. I am sick of playing against the bots!!
Cheers
Rod

comtrain
August 1st, 2008, 06:11 AM
Rather selfish don't you think?

With due respect why? (Directed to all who think this way)
Hell, I know the content creators are going to scream, they already are as we find what wont run in TC3. Unfortunately that is progress.
Do you want to stay with an Atari console because you have 500 floppy disc's full of games?
Really what you are saying is that "I don't want to upgrade my content or my computer.. But I want to upgrade my game with all these new features"
Well I am sorry, but if you don't want to upgrade you really have to stay with TRS 2004 or 2006. After all according to Auran their are heaps of people around the World still playing UTC beause their computers are not up to running TC.
Lets all be reasonable about this, please. To improve the Sim we are going to have to accept some pain.
You are going to feel much worse when you spend the bucks, buy new technology and find your floppy disc no longer has a device to load it into :D
Cheers
Rod

Conrail45
August 1st, 2008, 06:22 AM
***deleted***

comtrain
August 1st, 2008, 06:33 AM
I hope it works on Wine Linux..

ATM I have 2006 running under Linux and it flies. Much better than windows in terms of rendering speed. I have my resolution at 1680x1050 and its silky smooth. Anyways, give it a try if you like and compare the 2.
To all Linux Geeks!! :o
Is their already a Linux thread out there that tells us how to do this?
I have a spare core2 2.4 m machine here I would like to play around with. But being Linux ignorant :wave:
I would need a lot of help.
Is it possible you Linux savvy people could set up a Trainz Linux Forum and get some of us going?
Go on you know you want to :D
Cheers
Rod

Iced8383
August 2nd, 2008, 12:12 AM
It's not clutter.
I have nearly 300 Gb still free on my main computer, and it's there to be used for whatever I deem to be required.

WOW!!:eek:

rjhowie
August 6th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Interesting point you raise comtrain. I have a spare pc in similar situ and would be tempted to dabble in Linux. I have heard of this Wine prog which can allow you to run programmes which would be confined to Windows machines. Did buy a Linux mag with a cd that allowed you to boot from the disc to see what Linux is like without installing.

freightcar2
August 6th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Can we import items from TRS2006 into 2009?

It should be possible. After all, haven't some users imported their content from TRS2006 to TC?

Ian_Coleman
August 9th, 2008, 02:59 PM
It would be great if it will be possible to download stuff without having to use the iniquitous CMP!

But I suppose that would be too much to ask for!

Ian

Zwabberaar
August 9th, 2008, 03:09 PM
It would be great if it will be possible to download stuff without having to use the iniquitous CMP!

Ian

Yes it would. CMP is a great application when you use it correctly. It has already been announced that the application will be even developed further and should perform even better. No chance you will ever get a Trainz version without it anymore.

For thos who wonder ... I am not being sarcastic or cynical here. I truly like CMP a lot.

comtrain
August 10th, 2008, 04:30 AM

Ian

Hello Ian,
I never ever start my downloads using the CMP :)
I never got it to work for me. I just use the 2004 method.
http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php
You just tick the content you want. I usually tick UTC, 2004, 2006 and TC. I reset the page to show 100 images a page with photos so I could get to see the object should it be in another language. I have broadband and I can handle it this way. Stuff tends to be listed here up to a week before you see it on CMP, although that has been improved a bit lately. You can ftp download, which I prefer, or add it to the basket. Basket downloads and direct downloads then open CMP and get listed there. Simply start downloading. Every now and then you get a red bar telling you the asset cannot be found, even though the system tells you it exists.
Also you often get CMP stalling and yet other objects have not downloaded. Take note of the next asset to download right click it and delete it. Press start and downloads will continue. Go into the 2004 Downloads page try to FTP download the troublesome asset there. If that does not work, report the fault to Auran or just keep trying each couple days till it fixes itself.
Cheers
Rod

Ian_Coleman
August 10th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Hi Rod,

That looks very interesting! I also have TRS004 installed, so won't any download using your method go straight into TRS004?

Also could you please tell me how to reset the page to show 100 images?

Cheers,
Ian

backyard
August 10th, 2008, 06:03 AM
:cool: ...because you can examine all the options, on the DLS.

Content Manager Plus, is a great utility provided with TRS2006...

You can do so much more with CMP, than TrainzObjects, that was designed for TRS2004, and I still use, and have contributed to Terry's website, via PayPal.

Yes, you need to check all the content options you wish to purvey, CMP only does what content is 2+.

In fact, I need to go to the DLS, and see what has been added, this week...

comtrain
August 10th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Hi Rod,

That looks very interesting! I also have TRS004 installed, so won't any download using your method go straight into TRS004?

Also could you please tell me how to reset the page to show 100 images?

Cheers,
Ian

Actually that leads to another problem :hehe:
If you have trs2006 on your computer I have a feelng that if you re-install trs2004 on your computer, then all downloads will go into 2004. However next time you open up CMP it will change your downloads to 2006. You may have to download something for this to happen.
That is why I prefer to ftp my downloads then I can load them into program of choice and usually both.
You can manually set the dls up to your choice in trs2004 . But I cannot rememer the exe that does the job and I deleted 2004 for Classics3
Cheers
Rod

bobsue
August 11th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Hi
Just a quick one.

Is 2009 backward incompatible with a layout created in TRS2004?:)

comtrain
August 11th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Hi
Just a quick one.

Is 2009 backward incompatible with a layout created in TRS2004?:)

I am guessing here that you meant "Will I lose my 2004 layout if I upgrade to TC?" You cannot run any map in an oplder version without a complicated conversion process. Some have done it but not to 2009 obviously)

Thats hard for me to answer :confused:
I have a map I imported into UTC, then took it to 2004 without a problem. I then took it to 2006 and lost all my sessions stuff, however the map survived. After cleanng out all the session stuff I tried t rebuild them, but a 2006 bug after SP1 was installed meant that I never got much satisfaction and I discontinued using rules to control AI trains.
I then deleted all of the US stuff from TC1 and 2 as well took out the trams as I have no interest there.
I then imported my old map from 2006 and it arrived, however missing most of its assets. Following another thread I then imported all of the Australian Rolling Stock I had, plus all the missing assets for my map. I repaired them as best I could using Content Manager and then opened the map, and it worked fine. Not a problem. Even AI sessions seems to work, and shutting TC down does not seem to make a difference anymore.
I have not moved the map into TC3 because I use steam engines and they don't operate in TC3 with out serious upgrading.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Rod

backyard
August 12th, 2008, 03:16 AM
You won't lose any route, car, locomotive, scenario, session, textures, objects, track, etc.

You will install TRS2009, and go on with it!

You will always have the Legacy software to play with it...

Same as I have TRS2004, however I only use TRS2006.

Compatibility, is not something to worry about, at this time!

CNYTOM
August 13th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Will we be able to buy one complete version containing both design and operation? Also will we be able to setup track with grass and weeds so it looks like North-East branchlines in the 70's ?
cnytom

CathyH
August 24th, 2008, 11:46 PM
How do I pre order:confused:

Cathy

Big_Boy4000UP
September 7th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Only kidding!

CRYSIS

LOLOL

Randall:D:D:D

Captain_Collins
September 8th, 2008, 12:15 AM
CRYSIS

LOLOL

Randall:D:D:D

I actually did this as a project for my IT course, and you can build a computer for £385 that will play Crysis quite well.

osq7
September 14th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Boats and cars - Doesn't that defeat the name 'Train' simulator??? We are doing a simulation on trains, here, not cars! People drive cars every day. And as for boats: why do we need them in a sim for land based travel?

Can someone explain why Auran is doing this?

osq7

cascaderailroad
September 14th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Sometimes...just sometimes, every so often, you see a car, or truck driving down the road next to a train. And sometimes, every once in a while, yes, there there are even boats and planes in view too ! All this adds realizim to the train simulator.

osq7
September 14th, 2008, 12:50 PM
But they are drivable!

muniman
September 14th, 2008, 01:08 PM
If there are going to be twice the trains, I hope that there's will be some good NJT stuff :D. (I love NJT)

I also hope that there will be some decent Caltrain stuff. And Metro North. And Metra. And Amtrak. Especially the Amtrak F59PHI :D.

P.S. I love all of those trains. :D:D:D

NS_Dash9
September 15th, 2008, 06:27 AM
sounds cool! and where can i get the little train under my name?

cascaderailroad
September 15th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Try driving one of the cars in cab mode, or take a screenshot from inside the car. Probably the first time you saw a train, or went railfanning you went there by car. Or did you walk ? Lay invisible track in the sky, buzz a train, barnstorm under bridges, and view your trains from an airplane, expand your horizons !

Drucifer
September 15th, 2008, 09:55 AM
sounds cool! and where can i get the little train under my name?Go to top of forum. Look for 'UserCP.' Go to 'Edit Avatar.'

llebrez
September 15th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I do that right now: When my train goes by the coast next to the water, I "see" a fishing vessel going-by. When my train goes near an airport, I see a plane taking off, and I don't mean the ones with the airport in the game. My planes go from one airport to another, landing and everything. All in AI mode, but could be driven. It just adds realism. On another scenario, my train waits for the large passenger vessel to dock to get passengers on board and depart, or viceversa. You see? This is one of the best illusions I have ever had, and the satisfaction is that we can make it happen with the best train simulator there is.

cascaderailroad
September 15th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I downloaded a DC-3 and I am buzzing my trains with low level terrain flying (invisible track layed at low altitude in the sky) ! The only complaint is that the sound effects are not as loud and realistic as they coud be. The drivable cars are thrilling to run in conjunction with a train. Just like being there ! :p

rickymallory
September 16th, 2008, 02:02 PM
This sounds as if its going to be great!!!

Unfortunately i havent even been able to get hold of Trainz Classics yet :(

Im still using TRS2006.

AHSAN
September 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Unfortunately i havent even been able to get hold of Trainz Classics yet :(

Hello

Trainz Classics 3 on DVD or Digital download from Auran Online Shop:

http://www.auran.com/auran/info.php?gameid=182

http://www.auran.com/auran/info.php?gameid=178

Regards

rickymallory
September 17th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Hello

Trainz Classics 3 on DVD or Digital download from Auran Online Shop:

http://www.auran.com/auran/info.php?gameid=182

http://www.auran.com/auran/info.php?gameid=178

Regards

So you can't buy it in the shops? that was where i have been looking lol.

Klbak
September 19th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Helo
Where I can get the model of Class 465 Networker
for trainz 2004?
Than you for help.

Klbak
September 19th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Helo
Where I can get the model of Class 465 Networker
for trainz 2004?
Than you for help.

Lucidor
September 19th, 2008, 04:54 PM

Only kidding!
I got a pretty good computer but you scared me until I read "only kidding". Looking forward to 09 version, have not been to happy with 06.

Captain_Collins
September 21st, 2008, 06:28 AM
I got a pretty good computer but you scared me until I read "only kidding". Looking forward to 09 version, have not been to happy with 06.

Just doin' my job. Happy Trainzin'!

Drucifer
September 21st, 2008, 10:02 AM
A long time ago now, there was a plan for Railroad Simulator Professional (RSP). I bring this up, because it was to have a replacement for the KUID system.

Just wondering, will any of these future Trainz programs have that KUID replacement?

Smileyman
September 21st, 2008, 10:24 AM
A long time ago now, there was a plan for Railroad Simulator Professional (RSP). I bring this up, because it was to have a replacement for the KUID system.

Just wondering, will any of these future Trainz programs have that KUID replacement?
Oh yeah.

There was mention of a GUID system at the time.
There's no mention of it over at the TrainzDev site (as far as I can see anyway), and like everything else in Greg's original post, I suspect that it left when he did. :'(

You could try asking over at the TrainzDev site Dru.

Smiley.

AHSAN
September 22nd, 2008, 03:33 PM

Hello
Yep that was Greg Lane's plan long time ago now.;) Hop over to the TrainzDev site and register I'm sure chris will have more answers for you.

Regards

countrylink01
October 1st, 2008, 07:20 AM
will it run on xp?

AHSAN
October 1st, 2008, 03:42 PM
will it run on xp?

Yes it will,:)

NWHY6
October 2nd, 2008, 09:06 PM
What is the cost and release date for Trainz 2009?

AHSAN
October 3rd, 2008, 04:58 PM
What is the cost and release date for Trainz 2009?

Hello

Release time: Nov 2008 or Q1 2009.:)

Cost: cost barrier start at, (USD$29.99) http://www.trainzdev.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=42&func=view&id=2562&catid=2

Regards

NWHY6
October 4th, 2008, 08:14 PM
ASHAN,

Thank you for the information.

NWHY6

kjohnsontransport
October 8th, 2008, 01:24 AM
I have trainz 2006 and am pretty unhappy with the whole deal. The surveyor is the most difficult thing i have ever had the displeasure of using. The overseas routes?? no one wants that unless they live there.

I would like to see a route come out detailing the Duluth Missabe and Iron Range Railway out of Duluth Minnesota in the United States.. And would pay handsomely for something like that. BUT IN DETAIL

As for the download Station. My Ticket expires and thats it? I cannot buy more time?? Pretty shoddy if ya ask me. Very horrible gaming situation with this. Hopefully 2009 will be much better but I will definitely wait to buy to hear what people have to say before wasting my money again. If i hadnt spent the money buying a raildriver i would just throw the trainz simulator away and buy the ship simulator as im sure it is easier to operate and actually has completed scenarios.

Yours in disgust

Kris Johnson
kjohnsontransport@yahoo.com

Euphod
October 8th, 2008, 01:47 AM
But how do you really feel?:D

The First Class Ticket can be renewed through Auran.

The DMIR would be a great route, in detail, but that's a whole lotta' work, more easily accomplished by someone who lives closer to the area. I had wanted to do it once, but my partner (at that time) who lived in the Twin Ports area quit Trainz to work on a real railroad. I understand The Honorable George Fisher is working on a route from the area at this moment though.

Surveyor is great, but it does take a little work to get good results (at least...that's what people tell me.)

It takes a whole lot more than that to disgust me; I was married for ten years!

Mike10
October 8th, 2008, 04:50 AM
The overseas routes?? no one wants that unless they live there.

There are quite a lot of people who do actually live there though.

Mike.

Ian_Coleman
October 8th, 2008, 05:56 AM
kjohnsontransport should remember that Trainz is an Australian product, not an American one.

He should remember that most of the world is not in the USA, and we all want to see our railways (railroads) represented.

Microsoft is US made. Perhaps he should stick to that!

Ian

martinvk
October 8th, 2008, 06:45 AM
I have trainz 2006 and am pretty unhappy with the whole deal. The surveyor is the most difficult thing i have ever had the displeasure of using.
Trainz has its faults but Surveyor? That's one of the easiest to use parts of the package. Even those other simulator users will admit that. Of course it doesn't work automatically, you have to put in some effort.

The overseas routes?? no one wants that unless they live there.
I would like to see a route come out detailing the Duluth Missabe and Iron Range Railway out of Duluth Minnesota in the United States.. And would pay handsomely for something like that. BUT IN DETAIL
:eek:
Maybe no one wanted that one either :wave:

As for the download Station. My Ticket expires and thats it? I cannot buy more time?? Pretty shoddy if ya ask me. ...
You can buy as many extra tickets as you want. But you don't have to. Every registered user has basic access to the DLS. Buying a FCT only gets you extra access.
Very horrible gaming situation with this. Hopefully 2009 will be much better but I will definitely wait to buy to hear what people have to say before wasting my money again. If i hadnt spent the money buying a raildriver i would just throw the trainz simulator away and buy the ship simulator as im sure it is easier to operate and actually has completed scenarios.

Yours in disgust

Kris Johnson
Sorry you feel that way about Trainz. You have to remember that it's not a game in the traditional sense with a definite start, middle and end. You get out what you put in. You build a world and live it. It doesn't build itself and nothing really happens unless you make it happen. :)

PS. Never a good idea to leave you email address in the open for every spam nut to see.

freightcar2
October 8th, 2008, 06:59 AM
I really can't see the issue with TRS2006...

I mean, CMP sometimes locks up on you and stuff, but at least you can import your content. I heard that when downloading to '04, you have to download to some new 'world' folder...while for '06 download it to any folder and import the content the usual way.

Surveyor is a wonderful tool...except when it crashes destroying progress on routes. :hehe: Blame the fatal error strategy for that. :p

Trainz 2006 is a great game...it works with several scripts & things not avaible in previous versions...

TRAINZ RULES! :D

martinvk
October 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I really can't see the issue with TRS2006...

I mean, CMP sometimes locks up on you and stuff, but at least you can import your content. I heard that when downloading to '04, you have to download to some new 'world' folder...while for '06 download it to any folder and import the content the usual way.

TRAINZ RULES! :D
Actually, in '04 you can download the CDP file anywhere you want. Then when you double click the CDP file, it is automatically installed in the appropriate place and ready to use in Trainz. :)

cvkiwi
October 31st, 2008, 09:49 AM
I have got 2004 TC and the best of all 2006 and Im running this untill i can get my hands on 2009.
2006 is very good but I found the rest to be apain in the neck this was not there finist hour 2009 well be you watch.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/icons/icon7.gifFROM NEW ZEALANDhttp://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/icons/icon14.gif

ocala
November 5th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Drive... Steam, Diesel or Electric trains (and even trams, boats and cars)
Operate... a complete working rail line with interactive industries

Does "Build" mean it has Surveyor?

AHSAN
November 6th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Does "Build" mean it has Surveyor?

Hello

Yes it does.

Regards

Ahsan

deighton
November 6th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Quite impressive, so far. I like the fact that now I can use more of my RAM as opposed to the 524 limit in TRS2006. The graphics look really nice and the interface a BIT more friendly. Somewhere I read that this version will allow me to import routes from TRS2006. Is that going to be in the final version? I can't find it in the BETA version. If someone knows, please tell.

CD

samrec
November 6th, 2008, 11:06 PM

I bet you have not run TRS with a very detailed stock or scenery, or have u try to run TRS06 Toronto Railyards and see what happens?

If your video and cpu are not to par you will bring your computer to its knees on that one, and that is a default route, wich is technically supposed to be kinda balanced.

samrec
November 6th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I have trainz 2006 and am pretty unhappy with the whole deal. The surveyor is the most difficult thing i have ever had the displeasure of using. The overseas routes?? no one wants that unless they live there.

As for the download Station. My Ticket expires and thats it? I cannot buy more time?? Pretty shoddy if ya ask me. Very horrible gaming situation with this. Hopefully 2009 will be much better but I will definitely wait to buy to hear what people have to say before wasting my money again. If i hadnt spent the money buying a raildriver i would just throw the trainz simulator away and buy the ship simulator as im sure it is easier to operate and actually has completed scenarios.

Yours in disgust

Kris Johnson
kjohnsontransport@yahoo.com

Have you ever tried to use any of the competition building modules? TRS is by far the easiest out there, not to dismiss there is a learning curve like all new things.

Maybe the problem is that you thought this was a game and even when the comparison might not be adecuate same goes for flight sims. there is no beginning or end. You do with what you want. And as for completed scenarios there are plenty to download and the game comes with some for you to get you started. And the Rail Driver just add more to the whole thing.

boat
November 11th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Just thought I'd mention.....

Using TRS 2009 BETA....

There are one or two graphics problems..... my ATLS lights don't work (but I know why and I'll fix it)..... Many trains will need some engine spec tweaks..... I'll have to move the speed limit signs on many maps as AI drivers now seem to actually look out of their cabs and see them coming..... plus a few other BETA things.....

BUT.....

I just ran a section of Sen City 2006, (with extra buildings).....

In TRS 2006 with slightly reduced draw distance and a lot of fog it ran at 13 fps

In TRS 2009, the same section with MAXIMUM SUPER DRAW DISTANCE ran at 22 fps

This is worth the tweaking and the money.

Well done Auran :clap:

Boat

AHSAN
November 11th, 2008, 03:53 PM
In TRS 2006 with slightly reduced draw distance and a lot of fog it ran at 13 fps

In TRS 2009, the same section with MAXIMUM SUPER DRAW DISTANCE ran at 22 fps

This is worth the tweaking and the money.

Well done Auran :clap:

Boat

Hello Boat

Thats good, good you're enjoying the beta.

Regards

nawlins
November 12th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I'm not sure where else to post this, so here goes:
I have attempted to report two bugs in the TRS2009 bug reporting section of TrainzDev.
I have received the following message both times.
"Could not find page to return: /www/external/auran.com/ttweb/ss_errormsg.htm"

So I'm not sure if my reports got through.

I'm running Vista Home premium 64 bit.
In TRS 2.9 37248, Open GL crashes Driver after about 2 minutes.
DirectX is OK.
Also keyboard doesn't function in Driver (OGL and DirectX.)
All other Driver features seem to work, as do CMP & Surveyor.

Cheers

macca45
November 14th, 2008, 06:33 AM

"Tsk, tsk," he said, slowly shaking his head, "Tsk, tsk...."[/quote]

I don't play those type of games, not because I am against the violence depicted in them, which I am, but because they are boring.

Alex

Paul_Bert
November 19th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Just thought I'd mention.....

Using TRS 2009 BETA....

There are one or two graphics problems..... my ATLS lights don't work (but I know why and I'll fix it)..... Many trains will need some engine spec tweaks..... I'll have to move the speed limit signs on many maps as AI drivers now seem to actually look out of their cabs and see them coming..... plus a few other BETA things.....

Boat

I have been testing your route on 2009. I am having problems with trains hanging up in stations and not moving on. An example is the F & G trains in the SEN CITY station. They arrive on the center tracks, open their door, load passengers, and then just sit there forever.

I really have enjoyed your route on 2004. Hope it can be made ot work on 2009

Iced8383
November 19th, 2008, 09:54 PM

Only kidding!

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/icons/icon4.gif!!!!!!!!!!!

boat
November 20th, 2008, 05:11 AM
I have been testing your route on 2009. I am having problems with trains hanging up in stations and not moving on. An example is the F & G trains in the SEN CITY station. They arrive on the center tracks, open their door, load passengers, and then just sit there forever.

Hi Paul,

Yes I have noticed that. It only seems to happen on the middle platforms. I had a couple of thoughts but a quick look seems to rule those out. I will have to trace through my script and see whats not happening. But I may wait till the full release of TRS 2009 comes out. It may clear itself.

But I will try and get it working in TRS2009. I may even release my built up version of it. Here is MY Sen City Central in TRS 2009.... (Need to do something about the texture on the point motors too!)

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii138/boat41/SENCITY.jpg

Boat

boat
November 20th, 2008, 06:12 PM

OK - found the problem, (and its one that will affect other routes in TRS 2009 too)!

Basically its because 2009 is too good! In previous versions of Trainz, reduced speed limit signs were only acted on when a train past them, (and then it thought about it for a bit before it slowed down). That meant that 'reducing speed limits' had to be placed early. In TRS 2009, it would appear that trains begin to slow down before the sign. The Virtual Driver sees them coming! So now, in TRS 2009 for maps developed in earlier versions, trains slow down too soon!

As a result in Sen City 2006, trains are going slower in the station than they did in previous Trainz versions.... and in some cases it means they stop earlier and before they have cleared a crucial Trigger. In Sen City Central, the train on platform 3 won't go because the train on platform 2 hasn't quite cleared the junction.

The solution is to tweak the placement of Triggers and Speed Limits, but that will have to be done in TRS 2004 and imported to 2009, in order to save the tso file.

Joy!

Boat

Paul_Bert
November 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Here is another situation you may want to look at. May be the same sort of thing. When the route is first started Stenka is driving the NYCTA R46 subway Car 65. This train gets hung up at JCN 2J2. Sometimes the doors are open, sometimes they are not, but I have never been able to get the train past this junction.

This is a fun route to run in 2004. Hope it will eventually work in 2009. From my perspective they seem to have fixed most of the broken stuff in 2006 (like the sound) which kept me from moving away from 2004. 2009 hopefully will be a big step forward.

Pab

boat
November 21st, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hi Paul,

Yes I think a combination of moving some speed signs, signals and triggers combined with a few scripts changes to my scenario to make it more compatible will be needed. I will work on it and release a 2009 version when I can. I agree the scenario issues that came up in TRS 2006 have been resolved and the frame rate increase is superb.

For now though perhaps we had better hand this thread back to general TRS 2009 points rather than turn it into a Sen City discussion! ;)

I will post on Freeware Announcements when I do Sen City 2009... but it may not be for a month or two.

Boat

lmurf72
December 13th, 2008, 01:23 PM

Regards, John

How True John, seems that there is little interest in younger crowds unless there are a lot of guns, death and mayhem... Society issues? Haha!! Couldn't have anything to do with the morals that kids are raised with these days... When I went to Circuit City to buy my copy of TRS2006, the "kid" that couldn't have been over 18 that was working there asked me "Isn't that a boring game? I mean, really who wants to drive a slow train?" I almost made the comment to him of "Do you want to make a commision on this sale? Then shut your pie hole." But I refrained from such banter.. Bought the DVD and thought to myself, "Yeah kid, not enough blood and gore, so stay away from it like the plague."

Little does that "kid" know I fought in Desert Storm in the early 90's and I seen real "blood and gore"... that kid just has no clue! I lost all respect for him in an instant.

Just my input.. I love the game, and cannot wait for my 2009 version to show up!

scorpio48
December 13th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Snipped

Little does that "kid" know I fought in Desert Storm in the early 90's and I seen real "blood and gore"... that kid just has no clue! I lost all respect for him in an instant.

Just my input.. I love the game, and cannot wait for my 2009 version to show up!

Hi
Interesting comments by you and John.

My youngest son is currently serving with 42 commando, and deployed in Afghanistan. Just over a week ago two of his buddies were killed in front of my son while they were taking a Taliban Stronghold.
If all these knife carrying 'Blood & Gore Kids' want a piece of reality, send them out there for two weeks. It will soon change their minds.
Right now, I know my son would love to be sitting at a computer playing Trainz or creating a building in Gmax.
My apologies for butting in on your conversation, but what you say is 'unfortunately' very true
Cheers
Pete.

StorkNest
December 13th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I almost made the comment to him of "Do you want to make a commision on this sale? Then shut your pie hole."
Better response is to tell about the creation system. Yes, some First Person Shooters allow creation and making people is involved but Trainz allows creation of so many other items, various buildings, foliage, etc., the amount of items created for Trainz blows away most FPS games. There are some programs that have "blood" in them like Neverwinter Nights that allow creation of a vast number of objects but those programs don't focus on the blood-letting and such, more on storyline, character development and sometimes moral choices.
As an alternative, you could counter with, "What happens when you've killed everyone, who do you talk to, drink with, joke with, even date/romance when everyone else is dead?"

makatini
December 14th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Why is everybody so hung up on the age thing? Ya can't win. When you are older they won't employ you anymore. When you are young (and have no "spending power") they don't want to include you in their demographics.

Do not underestimate the youth and don't disregard the aged.

Age is all in the mind. I am almost 60 and I still play games like Crysis, Need for Speed, Far Cry, Call of Duty etc etc. It keeps me young. Then, when I "play" Trainz I get just as much satisfaction from that. It creates a nice balance in my life.

Open your minds to everything. Forget your age. Tomorrow you might not be here anymore. No matter how old you are... Just have fun while you can!

Mak