PDA

View Full Version : CMP Trouble

daylightlimited
May 25th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Hello to whomever may read this, my trouble with CMP as best I understand it:

When I launch it for whatever I may be doing (adding third party CMPs ect.) it will launch, the right half loads up, and then it freeses indefinetly.

Can anyone suggest a way to fix this, I have a backlog of content to add, it might be worth adding to say that I have downloaded craptons of content so the file MUST be extremly large.

rweber95
May 25th, 2008, 03:20 AM
See if hitting ESC clears it up.

Bob

daylightlimited
May 25th, 2008, 04:10 AM
If I do ANYTHING, click/hit a key/open a window it turns all white and freeses, just more noticably, I had this a while ago, there was like, 1 file u had to delete, then it would work, I dont remember what tho...

yoshicool
May 25th, 2008, 10:07 AM
If I do ANYTHING, click/hit a key/open a window it turns all white and freeses, just more noticably, I had this a while ago, there was like, 1 file u had to delete, then it would work, I dont remember what tho...
When it loads up click clear then close and re- load it that is what usually clears it for me

collinsl
May 25th, 2008, 10:52 AM

The file you were looking for is assets.tdx, but there are a lot of different views about whether deleting this makes the problem worse.

daylightlimited
May 25th, 2008, 01:27 PM
When it loads up click clear then close and re- load it that is what usually clears it for me

Click clear? As in a key, or a function of CMP? (sorry for the stupidity)

yoshicool
May 25th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Click clear? As in a key, or a function of CMP? (sorry for the stupidity)
The function in cmp

daylightlimited
May 25th, 2008, 11:17 PM
The function in cmp

The only thing that loads is the window its self (the frame) and the thing that shows the thumbnails, this is a bit rediulus...

yoshicool
May 29th, 2008, 01:39 PM
The only thing that loads is the window its self (the frame) and the thing that shows the thumbnails, this is a bit rediulus...
Do you have trainz running and witch windows are you on

Natvander
May 29th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Try taking the assets.tdx and/or assets.bku files out of the Trainz directory and restart CMP. It may take a while to reload. By removing them and not deleting them, you can always replace them if something horribly goes wrong.

meatloaf747
May 29th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Try taking the assets.tdx and/or assets.bku files out of the Trainz directory and restart CMP. It may take a while to reload. By removing them and not deleting them, you can always replace them if something horribly goes wrong.

I had the same problem. Doing the above fixed it for me. (just tranfer the assets.tdx & assets.bku to another part of your hard drive & open CMP.
It should then rebuild your contents database.
If you have downloaded heaps, it will take hours to rebuild.
Be patient.......
Cheers, Mac.