PDA

View Full Version : wanted:drawings/blueprints of Australian diesels

BDFord
May 16th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Having been a CAD designer for many years, and having made many hundreds of planes for flight sims and cars for racing sims, I decided it was time to do a few trains. I've read the tutorials and it aint that hard - being competent with CAD I don't have to "learn" Gmax (in fact, I'd rather be hit with hammers than learn Gmax. Awful program. I use AC3D then port via .3ds to Gm for final export).
After a recent personal resurgence of interest in the trains here in Australia, I thought that would be a rich field to plunder.

The problem is finding drawings to work from.

There was, once, a guy who had a whole site of such things. But alas, I can't find it now. Can anyone shed some light or offer a source, or suggest one?

I was particularly looking for NSW SRA/Freight Corp/Pac Nat 81 class drawings. I still see these engines sometimes here in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney, on cement trains and occasionally in a mixed lash-up of 82s on coal duty.

regards

BD

AHSAN
May 16th, 2008, 12:24 PM
this the best I can come up with: http://locopage.railpage.org.au/

maybe some useful info for you.:)

Natvander
May 16th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I was particularly looking for NSW SRA/Freight Corp/Pac Nat 81 class drawings. I still see these engines sometimes here in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney, on cement trains and occasionally in a mixed lash-up of 82s on coal duty.

Did you know there already are 81 Class available in several liveries?

BDFord
May 16th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Did you know there already are 81 Class available in several liveries?

No, I didn't. Just where might they be hiding?
I haven't found them on DLS so far using a variety of searches, but DLS can be somewhat maddening in its returns. I am still trying to fathom why it seems to think 'freightlink' and 'freightlink' are different.

BD

BDFord
May 16th, 2008, 06:26 PM
this the best I can come up with: http://locopage.railpage.org.au/

maybe some useful info for you.:)

thanks for that, but been there. Great site, great pics, no blueprints or 3 views, sadly.

BD

Natvander
May 16th, 2008, 06:43 PM
No, I didn't. Just where might they be hiding?
I haven't found them on DLS so far using a variety of searches, but DLS can be somewhat maddening in its returns. I am still trying to fathom why it seems to think 'freightlink' and 'freightlink' are different.

BD

Look up username Davido. Several were also included with 2006.

BDFord
May 17th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Look up username Davido. Several were also included with 2006.

Nope, none there at DLS now, not under that or any other username I could find.
Gawn! Gaaaawwwnn! Oh dear...

BD

Natvander
May 17th, 2008, 12:41 AM
They're definitely there. Make sure when you search the DLS you have all the tick boxes ticked for each version of the game. I searched 5 mins ago and found them immediately.

Puffingbilly
May 17th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Nope, none there at DLS now, not under that or any other username I could find.
Gawn! Gaaaawwwnn! Oh dear...

BD
Hi BD

As Nat has pointed out they are definitely there -4th item down just below the ARG class locos :wave: - type in Davido

Cheers

Ron

Electro
May 17th, 2008, 02:00 AM
:wave: I have the digrams of the CLP if you want to have a go at doing one

http://comrails.railpage.org.au/common/graphics/photos/cd_p0111863.jpg

http://comrails.railpage.org.au/common/graphics/photos/cd_p0112043a_03.jpg

PM me if you want the digrams

BDFord
May 17th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Ah HA! They are TRS2006 versions which I dont have, and havent been searching for. That explains it. Far as I know 2006 items wont work in 2004, correct?

BD

Davido
May 17th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Ah HA! They are TRS2006 versions which I dont have, and havent been searching for. That explains it. Far as I know 2006 items wont work in 2004, correct?

BD

Yep, that's correct but there is a TRS2004 version by AD602000 on the DLS.
As for loco plans, you can usually get A3 size plans from model railway shops for a couple of bucks. That's where we get ours.

Cheers
David

BDFord
May 17th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Yep, that's correct but there is a TRS2004 version by AD602000 on the DLS.
As for loco plans, you can usually get A3 size plans from model railway shops for a couple of bucks. That's where we get ours.

Cheers
David

now THAT is a great idea. Good source I'm sure. Thanks!

Now, if only the blue mountains had a blasted model railway shop... oh well theres always mail order. The saving grace of the geographically detached.

BD

BDFord
May 17th, 2008, 08:49 PM
but there is a TRS2004 version by AD602000 on the DLS.

Still can't find it no matter how many boxes I tick or using the username search, etc. Is it listed as a class 81? The only 81 I get is the british electric. Found a nice Y class shunter he made, however.

'fused

BD

S301
May 17th, 2008, 09:01 PM
NSW SRA 81 Class Loco
kuid:63971:50810

Under the username ad60200, albeit a few pages in.

Zec

BDFord
May 18th, 2008, 01:23 AM
found it finally, thank you! The search fields in DLS are crazy. I have used that username and got other things but NOT that one, yet I also got ones made by victrainz searching the ad602000 username...so go figure.
Thanks again.

BD