PDA

View Full Version : Mk2F coaches

Bill69
May 6th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Hi All,
Does anyone know of any MK2F coaches with interiors and opening doors?
There are lots of MK2F coaches on the DLS, but they all appear to be reskins of pickabird's original BR MK2F blue and grey coaches. I will be willing to pay for them if they are payware.

Cheers,
Bill69

LieLestoSbrat
May 7th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Both myself and Peter Hicks are working on some new MK2 coaches My coaches when I finish them will have these features, and from what i've seen of peters they look that have those features as well. Peters MK2F's are further ahead in development than mine and from what i've seen on other forum posts they will probably be released shortly.

Rob

Joe_T
May 7th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Also Peter Hicks MK2's will be for TRS 2004/2006 like his class 156's so I know whos coaches I will be using.

Captain_Scarlet
May 7th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Also Peter Hicks MK2's will be for TRS 2004/2006 like his class 156's so I know whos coaches I will be using.You have some tact that's for sure...

electra
May 7th, 2008, 02:41 PM
You have some tact that's for sure...
Or merely a statement of fact. If Rob's mk2s only work in TC, she will only be using Peter Hicks' ones, will she not...

LieLestoSbrat
May 7th, 2008, 02:48 PM
But I haven't made any statement of any sort as to what version my coaches are going to be working in, because they are not finished. They are not in fact in any version of Trainz yet.

electra
May 7th, 2008, 02:51 PM
But I haven't made any statement of any sort as to what version my coaches are going to be working in, because they are not finished. They are not in fact in any version of Trainz yet.
My apologies, Rob. I'd assumed they'd be for TC only, given your involvement on the content creation side of it.

Joe_T
May 7th, 2008, 07:54 PM

You have admitted to me on MSN that you said you are not going to build anything for TRS 2004/2006 or anything less than TC3 BECAUSE of the features it gives. So i was using facts that you gave me for my basis.

LieLestoSbrat
May 7th, 2008, 08:43 PM
No, you got that completely wrong so please don't misquote me. I can recall this conversation as it was about the class 40. I said that I will not be releasing the class 40 at all for 2004/2006 as it uses features that are only present in TC3.

Rob

Bill69
May 8th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Ok. Thanks for the replys everyone, I did not want to start an argument or slaging match, I will be gratefull for any Mk2Fs with interior when they are available.

Cheers,
Bill69

LeonUK-China
May 8th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Looking forward to all those Mk2's :)

I for one will enjoy using that lovelly class 40 in TC with the large selection of Mk2's :p

Captain_Scarlet
May 8th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Or merely a statement of fact. If Rob's mk2s only work in TC, she will only be using Peter Hicks' ones, will she not...You two are making assumption and a rather pessimistic one. If you think someone like Rob is about to produce rolling stock for TC only you must have cotton in your ears and your eyes in your pockets.
You have admitted to me on MSN that you said you are not going to build anything for TRS 2004/2006 or anything less than TC3 BECAUSE of the features it gives. So i was using facts that you gave me for my basis.Clearly you didn't listen; you're fired! God, anyone creating for TC only can only expect 50 downloads or so... Shooting one's self in the foot and a waste of time. Now if one is asked for comissioned work then why should the creator care?

GreatEastern
May 8th, 2008, 02:10 PM
God, anyone creating for TC only can only expect 50 downloads or so... Shooting one's self in the foot and a waste of time. Now if one is asked for comissioned work then why should the creator care?

Firstly the blasphemy isn't required. Secondly that assumes that creators create to get a high download count. Personally I will create for whichever version of TRS gives the features I want. I could create my 60 for UTC say but then again I would lose a load of features. So I've created it for 04 and 06 (06 doesn't give any extra features in this respect that 04 does not). If TC has features that I can make use of I will barely hesitate to create for that instead.

Personally I create for the joy of creating. Filling gaps in what is available gives you a nice fuzzy feeling inside from all the praise you often get. However, I don't create just so that lots of people will use my content. Whilst it helps people with older versions if I create for those versions I won't hold back if there are features I want to use in a newer version. Sure you won't be able to use it if you don't have the latest version but that's not the creator's problem is it?

I do wish people would stop telling creators which version to create for. That is an individual choice that we are free to make, especially considering the time that goes into any such creations to produce a high quality end product that is up to current expectations.

Just my two penny's worth.

Andy

electra
May 8th, 2008, 03:16 PM
You two are making assumption and a rather pessimistic one. *snipped personal insults*
An assumption which Rob, himself, put us straight on.

Captain_Scarlet
June 12th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I do wish people would stop telling creators which version to create for. That is an individual choice that we are free to make, especially considering the time that goes into any such creations to produce a high quality end product that is up to current expectations.

Just my two penny's worth.

AndyYou'd have saved yourself a lot of typing if you'd done more than just quoting the second part of your quote...

BLACKWATCH
June 12th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Well I for one am looking forward to Rob's Mk2's, his 9F is a corker and I would imagine the same care goes into anything Rob creates. :)

GreatEastern
June 12th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Can't see any blasphemy, just gimme the coaches.

Captain_Scarlet's use of 'God' at the start of the message I previously quoted is certainly using the name of God in such a way as to be blasphemy.

Captain_Scarlet not sure what you are getting at - never said Rob wasn't going to create only for TC, wasn't making a comment about Rob at all in fact. As a result I am somewhat confused as to what you are getting at, if it helps I got somewhat annoyed at this remark by you:

God, anyone creating for TC only can only expect 50 downloads or so... Shooting one's self in the foot and a waste of time.

I still stand by comments about this.

Andy

Paulsw2
June 12th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Gentlemen, the only (official) religion on these threads is worship of the 'iron wheel on iron track'. The only blasphemy is 'tarmac before track'. And I suppose Anti-Christ is Dr Beeching......;)

electra
June 12th, 2008, 02:16 PM
And I suppose Anti-Christ is Dr Beeching......;)
It's been suggested that Beeching wasn't to blame for all the line closures that happened under his watch - his boss was...

Paulsw2
June 12th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Would that be Ernest Marples?
"In tune with the mood of the early 1960s, the transport minister in Harold Macmillan's Conservative government was Ernest Marples, director of a road-construction company .... Marples believed the future of transport lay with roads, that railways were a relic of the Victorian past." ['Beeching Axe' Wiki entry]

Beelzebub indeed! :hehe:

martinwalters
June 12th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Well I use trs 2004, I dare not use anything above.. as 04 is jumpyish.. :confused:
- As for content creations.. betwenn 04/06/TC - is it only scripts that causing the tention between which versions they can be accesed? Or does TC have major differences in different areas? :o

johnwhelan
June 12th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Well I use trs 2004, I dare not use anything above.. as 04 is jumpyish.. :confused:
- As for content creations.. betwenn 04/06/TC - is it only scripts that causing the tention between which versions they can be accesed? Or does TC have major differences in different areas? :o

Basically TRS2004 SP4 has most of the major features. In general TRS2006 and TC are later code that runs a little faster and have better script support. There are some useful additions in TC3 if you have a look at the TC3 page such as being able to switch the passenger set to a more appropriate one. If you can run TRS2004 then TC will run the same layout / rolling stock a little faster.

Personally I've found that creating in TC is easier for me and that there seem to be less undocumented features in TC. Translation my TRS2004 beta testers find that not everything works 100% of the time in TRS2004 but it seems to be solid in TC.

The other benefit is that TC does much better content checking than TRS2004. This means that Trainz doesn't have to guess at what the content creator was trying to do. It also means that TC performs better since it isn't making assumptions about what it should be doing.

So probably to the average end user TC is more about a little more speed and reliability than anything else. It has fewer bugs. More importantly any content that is on the DLS under TC has been through much more stringent error checking to give you the end user a higher quality product.

Cheerio John

Mick_Berg
June 12th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Would that be Ernest Marples?
:hehe:
Isn't it strange that Marples Ridgway got the contract to build the M1 motorway?? No wonder Marples wanted to get rid of as much railway as he could. Believe me, George Bush and Dick Cheney are nothing new....
Mick Berg.
PS Sorry, I've gone way off topic.....

GreatEastern
June 12th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Just because you believe in some unknown unprovable entity, does not mean the rest of us have to.

I don't regard this forum as being the correct place for you to push your religion or religious beliefs in my face.

I'd argue that it is a very much known identity, unprovable maybe but that is hardly the point.

Anyhow I don't say you have to believe, nor am I pushing it on you but I ask for a little respect for my beliefs, such as I would grant you. This is not being high and mighty, just being respectful as is generally accepted as the norm in human interaction. Of course if you don't believe in God why use his name at all? Why not any other name or word that would cause less offence to those who do believe in such an entity. Also I don't regard this forum as the correct place for you to push your atheism and atheistic views in my face. I had half a mind to report your post as I find it out of place (I am probably stepping all over the CoC right now) but also offensive and thought I ought to offer some explanation.

Andy

ex-railwayman
June 12th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Basically TRS2004 SP4 has most of the major features. In general TRS2006 and TC are later code that runs a little faster and have better script support. There are some useful additions in TC3 if you have a look at the TC3 page such as being able to switch the passenger set to a more appropriate one. If you can run TRS2004 then TC will run the same layout / rolling stock a little faster.

Personally I've found that creating in TC is easier for me and that there seem to be less undocumented features in TC. Translation my TRS2004 beta testers find that not everything works 100% of the time in TRS2004 but it seems to be solid in TC.

The other benefit is that TC does much better content checking than TRS2004. This means that Trainz doesn't have to guess at what the content creator was trying to do. It also means that TC performs better since it isn't making assumptions about what it should be doing.

So probably to the average end user TC is more about a little more speed and reliability than anything else. It has fewer bugs. More importantly any content that is on the DLS under TC has been through much more stringent error checking to give you the end user a higher quality product.

Cheerio John

Many thanks for that easy to digest post for us old devils, who aren't as technically minded in the Trainz know-how as others John......However, this still refers back to the old problem that with TC3 using CMP, that one has to manually edit config.txts for hundreds of old assets for them to work properly, many trainzers are not going to be able to operate TRS2004 stuff in TC3. I appreciate that TC3 will have built-in assets that are brand new, such as locomotives and coaching stock, and as such shouldn't have any config.txt issues whatsoever, but, may I honestly suggest that what is offered may not be enough, and many of us may wish to transfer other older content from TRS04 into TC3 to enhance playability, but will object strongly to the stringent CMP checks, and the moans will start all over again regarding the amount of time taken up having to amend items to make them work properly. It has been suggested before that all assets on offer now must be CMP compliant, but many, many trainzers aren't going to wait for TRS2004 assets to be upgraded, if they ever will be, into CMP trouble-free status, and creators aren't willing to fix the issues that occur with TRS2004, because CMP has caught a lot of the errors.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman

Wessex_Electric_Nutter
June 13th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Secondly that assumes that creators create to get a high download count. Personally I will create for whichever version of TRS gives the features I want. I could create my 60 for UTC say but then again I would lose a load of features. So I've created it for 04 and 06 (06 doesn't give any extra features in this respect that 04 does not). If TC has features that I can make use of I will barely hesitate to create for that instead.

I agree with you, but it is only useful if you use the features that TC/TRS2004/UTC gives. Why bother creating for a version that had all the features and so does the version below?

And yes, I too have scummbled to the demands of 04/06 content requirement brought on by persons unknown, in which case, I proposed a simpler solution (just so I have an argumentative free and happy life!).

Create 2 versions, one that works with TC and one that works with TRS, upload them separately and everyone is hopefully happy. You could have 3 versions if you want, one for UTC/SP3, one for TRS and one for TC, yet saving more arguments, but arguably, it is a waste of time.

Personally I create for the joy of creating..... However, I don't create just so that lots of people will use my content.

I agree with both statements, I am saying exactly what I said for the second point, but for the first point, most CC, don't create for money or competition, but for pleasure and fun, thats how it should be, thats how we should keep it. Some like to exercise the power they have and use it to a (dis)advantage. For them, yes, but for us, no.

Besides, if we were creating for a commercial venture, then there would be all sorts of assessments involved, surveys, studies etc.

As for politics and religion, please.... just don't go there, lets stop that before the thread gets locked completely.

EDIT:

betwenn 04/06/TC - is it only scripts that causing the tention between which versions they can be accesed? Or does TC have major differences in different areas? :o
Yes, in part, but rolling stock also suffer from a difference in the bogie table, where it is laid out in a mesh table, rather than tags. Its reversible and has been done to my stock already.

GreatEastern
June 13th, 2008, 04:07 PM
oh stuff right off, you don't know me you bigoted old bully. leave me alone and get on with your squalid little life.

Wessex_Electric_Nutter
June 13th, 2008, 04:10 PM
oh right off, you don't know me you bigoted little twat. leave me alone and get on with your squalid little life.

Careful GE! You could get yourself in a lot of trouble for that post. I won't report it, but someone else might, as much as IKB

GreatEastern
June 13th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I don't stuffing care right now ok, I'm on drugs that are throwing my moods all over the place, I have no control over my emotions and then this arrogant bigot tells me that I know nothing. I don't need it and he needs to know where to put his bigoted, bullying little personality rather than picking on people here.

johnwhelan
June 13th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I don't stuffing care right now ok, I'm on drugs that are throwing my moods all over the place, I have no control over my emotions and then this arrogant bigot tells me that I know nothing. I don't need it and he needs to know where to put his bigoted, bullying little personality rather than picking on people here.

IK definitely has mood swings as well.

Generally speaking religion is best kept out of the forums. It isn't an easy subject, my personal view is there have been too many wars and too many people have died because my god is right and yours is wrong.

Cheerio John

johnwhelan
June 13th, 2008, 06:54 PM
You two are making assumption and a rather pessimistic one. If you think someone like Rob is about to produce rolling stock for TC only you must have cotton in your ears and your eyes in your pockets.Clearly you didn't listen; you're fired! God, anyone creating for TC only can only expect 50 downloads or so... Shooting one's self in the foot and a waste of time. Now if one is asked for comissioned work then why should the creator care?

Was this a call to any particular God or have you been reading Terry Pratchett again?

Cheerio John

Captain_Scarlet
June 14th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Captain_Scarlet not sure what you are getting at - never said Rob wasn't going to create only for TC, wasn't making a comment about Rob at all in fact. As a result I am somewhat confused as to what you are getting at, if it helps I got somewhat annoyed at this remark by you:You were answering my comments about Rob's TC content. You were saying you were annoyed at forum dwellers that preach to creator about what version their content should be creator for.
While I do laugh at creators who would create solely for TC as they'd get minimal exposure I did point out that if one is working one commission the version has no importance as the work is done for a client with specific requirements.

LieLestoSbrat
June 14th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Well, Been working on a new build of MK2 coaches in quietly for a while now. Main reason being I wasn't happy with my first offerings.

http://www.lestorouteworks.com/images/rollingstock/Mk2_coaches/MK2/MK2-TSO64-01.jpg

The above is a MK2 TSO 64 seats. Planning to go through the entire range of coaches version order. Still need to map out a fair few bits n bobs on the coaches, and as such the textures are not final.

Rob

seward
June 14th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Those Mark Two's look great, Rob. Looking forward to seeing (and running) the finished article.

With regards to Religion and Politics.

There are plenty of other Forums and Blogsites where these subjects are discussed, I indulge myself frequently, in fact I even write a Political Column.

I did not, and do not, expect to find these subjects causing heated discussions on Trainz.

Please Desist! :(

DaveW
June 14th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Nice ones Rob,
I can visualize, a rake of these pulled by the Evening Star.
More power to your elbow, I don't care who gives you the strength I am an agnostic :hehe: .

Bill69
June 14th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Hi Rob,

These are looking great, looking forward to them when finished.

Cheers,
Bill69

Paulsw2
June 14th, 2008, 08:20 PM
How remarkable that a query about Mk2F coaches could lead to a dispute about God. Crikey! :eek:

Rob - the Mk2 looks fantastic, please keep going.

Paul