PDA

View Full Version : Some things I would like....

Padster
May 3rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
Can anyone point me in the right direction for window boxes and hanging baskets for Trainz? I am trying to pretty up one of my stations with flowers and stuff. Also, I kinda like aluminium-bodied railcars, such as the Budd railcar or those that can be seen in Portugal with those diagonal red stripes across the front. Does anyone know where I can get these from?

Portugal seems a very nice place. The Douro is exceptionally nice and would make a good basis for a Trainz layout. They make lots of port there, but I wonder if any of it gets transported by rail? I got drunk on port once and painted the bathroom a delicate shade of red the following morning. And I know an interesting fact about port: it is made to suit the British taste, whatever that means. Taste? What? Some Brits actually drink stuff for the taste? How dare they! Surely they are forgetting the British way: get plastered as soon as possible, pick a fight with a small guy, revisit your lunch on the pavement and sleep it all off in a police cell. Now that is the British way!

Best wishes,
Padster

ex-railwayman
May 3rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
Hello Padster, Jankvis made some excellent hanging baskets for the community, search on the DLS in TRS2004, type in petunia or hanging....:hehe:

Cheerz. ex. :wave:

Padster
May 4th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Wow! what a selection! I thought you were extracting urine at first, railwayman. Jankvis has certainly been a busy boy.

All I need now are the aluminium-bodied railcars, particularly those that run on Portuguese metals, although the Budd railcar would be perfect, too.

Thanks, railwayman.
Best wishes,
Padster

zatovisualworks
May 4th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Portugal, fermosa terra do alumínio ;):hehe:

--> http://clientes.netvisao.pt/rarnelba/tep/comboios/comboios.htm

--> http://trainz.comboios.info/auto-diesel.htm

The aluminium side of Alberte :wave:

ex-railwayman
May 4th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I thought you were extracting urine at first, railwayman.

Best wishes,
Padster

I'd never take the **** out of a fellow countryman and trainz community member, unless I got blotto....:hehe:

:wave:

Padster
May 5th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Excellent Alberte! Thank you so much for your help. You have made a happy man very old!......well, you know what I mean.

Thank you too railwayman, you have both been very helpful. It is the strength of this forum.

Best wishes,
Padster