PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh TRACTION!

grogstop65
December 18th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Jay "Springtransit" sent me this screenshot of our up coming Pittsburgh city route. I figured I'd share it with you all:)
http://www.trainzeasternroutes.com/Screenshots/screenshots/pittsburghcity1.JPG

trainzmainiac2006
December 18th, 2006, 05:28 PM
cool! how do you get the blue and red lines to tell you where to put the track?

john

springtransit
December 18th, 2006, 05:31 PM
They're HOG textures. Fishlipsatwork laid out all the blue and red lines in the realitive locations of where the track is. It's pre-textured.

WCL
December 18th, 2006, 05:31 PM
It's a certain texture that ya have to make in a different program and it then is transfered with hog textures onto trs and ya just go from there.....

Yeah also what he said ;)

WCL
December 18th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Makes it a lot easier for proto route builders :)

grneyes_96
December 18th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Jay "Springtransit" sent me this screenshot of our up coming Pittsburgh city route. I figured I'd share it with you all:)

Will this be part of the Pittsburgh Insdustrial routes?

grogstop65
December 18th, 2006, 09:48 PM
"Will this be part of the Pittsburgh Insdustrial routes? "
Yes indeed.

Klinger
December 18th, 2006, 09:49 PM
too bad no one has made any modern american LRVs.....

MuttsMooch
December 19th, 2006, 06:29 AM
too bad no one has made any modern american LRVs.....

Well, not sure if this is what you are looking for but there are some MBTA Type7's and others on the DLS... Or do you mean of a spacific make?

springtransit
December 19th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Will this be part of the Pittsburgh Insdustrial routes?
This IS the Pittsburgh Industrial route. This will be freeware, and all payware routes will be based on this routes. The traction lines may even be modified accordingly. Currently, this route will be of the traction lines as they were in 1987-96, but I do plan to make a pre-1984 and 2004 version as well.
I have reskinned Matt Harter/lrv3400's type 6 cars to resemble the Pittsburgh ones, as well as replaced the pantograph with one from the GT6 trams. Jaleel has started working on a model of the cars as well. I also reskined austin316hockey's PCC to resemble Pittsburgh ones as well.

grneyes_96
December 19th, 2006, 09:09 PM
:p!!!!VERY COOL!!!!:p

sixflagscoasters
December 27th, 2006, 08:56 PM
I was wondering how I could Reskin the PCCs and LRVs of the MBTA that are on the DLS. But I still want to keep the original the way it is, also just change the destination sign on them so I have the same pcc or lrv running on the same layout but with 2 different destination signs.

Is this possible to do on the Paint Shed? If so, how?
If not, How do i do it then?

Thanks for your time and help.

boc61
December 27th, 2006, 09:01 PM
You can't use PaintShed. You will need a program like PaintShopPro or PhotoShop.

springtransit
December 28th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I was wondering how I could Reskin the PCCs and LRVs of the MBTA that are on the DLS. But I still want to keep the original the way it is, also just change the destination sign on them so I have the same pcc or lrv running on the same layout but with 2 different destination signs.

Is this possible to do on the Paint Shed? If so, how?
If not, How do i do it then?

Thanks for your time and help.
If you have TRS 2006, you can just clone them, but 04, it's a bit more complicated. You can modify the skins with lots of different programs. You can even do it with paint if you convert it to bitmaps.

dnutter
August 10th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Nice the screenshot (thumb up!)

springtransit
October 20th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I just put up a little gallery to show the layout's progress:
http://www.carsoncarshops.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=41

I hope to add more screens in time!:)

K4driver
October 20th, 2007, 09:02 PM
HOW far are you going down?
can you also include the old pennsylvania Monongahela Division, I live around the division(not saying wat town)

grogstop65
October 20th, 2007, 09:04 PM
can you also include the old pennsylvania Monongahela Division, I live around the division(not saying wat town)
You have to ask Jay about that. He updates me often on the project it is going great.
I know I have DEM for the Monongahela Division and I have played with that off and on. I have family their so.

K4driver
October 20th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Yay I would love to Have a K4 SCREAM through the monongahela division:) :D (instead of the Norfolk southern coal drags):(

springtransit
October 21st, 2007, 09:06 AM
For now, my primary focus is the trolley system around the city, so I'm not really sure about that area. We'll see!:)

springtransit
October 21st, 2007, 11:45 AM
2 new pics!

springtransit
October 22nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
2 more shots!

Tokkyu40
October 22nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
... Jaleel has started working on a model of the cars as well...

If it comes out half as well as his MARTA car, it'll be a credit to the route.

:cool: Claude

springtransit
March 23rd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Well, it's been quite a trip but here's some more pics!