PDA

View Full Version : Moving Images Pt.2 "A Driver's Eye View"

Padster
December 18th, 2006, 10:08 AM
As promised, here is the latest instalment in my 'Moving Images' series of short videos. Once again, it has been achieved using Windows Movie Maker and the FRAPS demo video capture. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EITChuUCb0

Best wishes,
Padster

Thomas_The_Tank100
December 19th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Very nice!
I love both movies (But I presonaly like the 1st better, no offence I hope :( ).
A few questions:
1. Where did all the locos and cars com from in both movies?
2. Is the music from the first movie free?
3. How did you create the music for the 2nd movie (I'm guessing MIDI turned into a .wav file or an .mp3 file.)
Anywho, great job!
~TTT100~

Padster
December 20th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Hello Thomas, thanks for responding.

The DMU is off the Just Trains' Train Driver add-on, as is the GWR coaches and the Pannier tank from the first movie. The steam locomotive in the second video is freely available from UK Branchlines.

I did a search for the music on the first movie and managed to download it for free. For the second movie, I used the Fostex MR8 HD to record the music which I then loaded into the computer. I then used Audacity to convert it to mp3 format.

Thanks again,

Best wishes,
Padster

Thomas_The_Tank100
December 20th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Sorry to be a bother again,
I've found Just Trains' Train Driver, but am a little disapointed because it is an external program. That's OK! :)
I can't find the music from the first movie. What keywords did you use (to search) because all I found was a band from the 80's.
~TTT100~

Padster
December 22nd, 2006, 05:58 AM
Search for 'Johnny Douglas'

Train Driver is an external program, but it is also designed to be used in TRS2004 as a route.

Best wishes,
Padster

Thomas_The_Tank100
December 22nd, 2006, 04:56 PM
Ok Thanks!
Who knew there where so many Johnny Douglas's. It's going to take some time!
Happy Holidays!
~TTT100~

Ackazacka
February 26th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Thats a cool video. Where did u get the music.

Ackazacka:cool: :D :cool:

bye:wave:

Padster
February 26th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Hello there. The music for Moving Images Pt. 2 was written by myself. I also played the music on my Technics GN5 organ. I hope you liked it.

Best wishes,
Padster