PDA

View Full Version : looking 4 answers

strike4ce
December 12th, 2006, 06:58 AM
I have been using trs06 for around 3 months now and I now have a few questions, If anyone can anser the following or tell me were I can get help I will be very gratefull

1) is there any way to remove a derailed train during a game?

2) is there a rule that I can d/l wich will keep trains on the left track of double lines? (this 1 ain't important)

3) is there a limit to the size of a map or how many consists are on a map?

4) were can I recolour my trains ? I've heard about paint shed but can't find it

5) is it possible to create a backup of my own maps so that I can re-install trs06?

6) how do I lay roads?

7) what does AWS stand for or do?

I'll probably have more questions but thats all for now.
Thanx in advance for any help.

nitroline
December 12th, 2006, 07:29 AM
hi mate

you need a rerail portal

then tick whichever things you want it to do.
it can rerail the trains or delete them

cheers
steven

strike4ce
December 12th, 2006, 08:53 AM
thanx for that info steven, now I just gotta find the rerail portal

eldavo
December 12th, 2006, 10:40 AM
AWS stands for Automatic Warning System. Basically provides audible and visual warning of the state of the next signal and can slam the brakes if a red signal warning is ignored.

See http://www.railway-technical.com/sigtxt7.html

Cheers
Dave

Swordfish
December 12th, 2006, 11:01 AM
The creator maggs has two rules on the DLS:
- Derail train (kuid2 116387:8:2; if you have a train on your map you don't like and no portal to make it disappear)
- Derailed vehicle eraser(kuid2 116387:4:3; is self-explaining)

Regards

Swordfish

whitepass
December 12th, 2006, 11:02 AM
2- not a rule but one-way track markers
3- yes your computer
4- you open Paint Shed from within CMP (read manual)
5- read manual
6- read manual

Mike10
December 12th, 2006, 07:15 PM
More information on the AWS system included in TRS2006 can be found here: http://forum.uktrainz.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2062

Mike.

Alan_Yeomans
December 12th, 2006, 08:21 PM
1) Whilst various 3rd party assets maybe able to assist you with re-railing a loco. the intention is, that once you derail a loco, its game over. Just like real life. Try slowing down on the curves to avoid derailing. :)
2) You dont need a rule, design factor alone will make the Trainz go anyway you want.
3) Limited by your PC specs.
4) Paintshed from within CMP
5) Yes, by using CMP to save the layouts for you.
6) Laying roads is done the same as any other spline. from point to point.
7) Refer to mike's post above mine for more info on the Advanced Warning System.

titaniclover
December 12th, 2006, 08:30 PM
AWS is on the ICE demo cursed thing i wanted to renact the crash of ICE 884. for paint shed go to paintshed templates right click on one go to edit the new paint shed asset. you can go as big as you want well you stilll need to watch polycount and the system spec of your computer.... rerail portal can be found on the DLS. i dont understand what you are saying in ? 5. the rest is pretty well covered.

TrainMan12
December 12th, 2006, 08:54 PM
The AWS is the alerter system. I don't know what it stands for though. To turn it on, select the AWS rule in Surveyor.

Mike10
December 12th, 2006, 08:59 PM
The AWS is the alerter system. I don't know what it stands for though.
You may do if you read the other posts in this thread, specifically the two which answer the question of what it stands for.

Mike.

strike4ce
December 13th, 2006, 03:56 AM
thanx for your help guys my questions have now been ansered I'll probably have some more soon

Thanx
Kev

nitroline
December 14th, 2006, 06:08 AM
hi mate

the following is what you need. i use it successfully all the time
KUID2: 116387:5:1 (kuid2:%20116387:5:1)

A Portal that extends the functionality of the standard Auran portal as follows (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/A%20Portal%20that%20extends%20the%20functionality% 20of%20the%20standard%20Auran%20portal%20as%20foll ows)Adds the ability to re-rail trains/vehicles (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/Adds%20the%20ability%20to%20re-rail%20trains/vehicles)

cheers
steven

strike4ce
December 14th, 2006, 06:10 AM
cool thanx I'llget that now

nitroline
December 14th, 2006, 06:19 AM
hi kev

if you set it to rerail the train do not leave it longer than 1 minute if you have a lot of train traffic
the derailed train will start from that portal again.
you may have to help it to the right track when it starts

cheers
steven

strike4ce
December 14th, 2006, 06:31 AM
that shouldn't be a problem

MumbaiLocal
February 22nd, 2007, 02:04 PM
hi mate

you need a rerail portal

then tick whichever things you want it to do.
it can rerail the trains or delete them

cheers
steven
Has difficulty to download from download station. Can you just email me the CDP of 'rerail portal' on mohanpatil_swing@yahoo.co.in?
Please help me. Or you can give me the path (other than Download Station) from where I can directly download(this will be better). I use Trainz2006

dh2k3
February 22nd, 2007, 03:41 PM
The DLS works fine here and the item that you are looking for is on the DLS. If you are having problems with the DLS please post your problem in this (http://forums.auran.com./trainz/forumdisplay.php?f=11) forum.

HTH

Dave