PDA

View Full Version : Controls Assignments?

Howiefly
January 10th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Is it possible to use my Saitek Throttles to control the trains' movement and to assign functions to the various switches on my Throttle and Yoke?

If so, where and how do I do this?

Thanks a lot,

Howard
System: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700, Intel 975XBX mobo, 4GB DDR2 memory, nVidia GeForce 7950GX2 with 1GB memory, 500GB hd, 3 19" monitors with the Matrox TripleHead2Go.

WileeCoyote
January 11th, 2008, 06:28 AM
As far as I know Trainz uses the "old" system of keyboard and mouse:hehe:, however there does exist a control console specifically for train simulators, its called RailDriver (http://www.raildriver.com/products/raildriver.php). I don't have one but I've heard from people who do that it is well worth the money.

WileeCoyote:D

wmmeyer
January 11th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Several years ago, I set up my Saitek X45 controller with some Trainz commands assigned to it. I just did it as a "hoot" to see if it could be done, and it worked just fine. I don't remember specifically how I set it up, but it involves figuring out which keyboard keys do what in Trainz, and then assigning that specific key-stroke to your choice of buttons on the Saitek. For example, in Trainz the < > keys decrease and increase the throttle. You would assign "shift/," to the negative side of your controller's throttle and "shift/." to the positive side. Do a google search on Saitek, and see if you can find the documentation for your controller with instructions on how to configure it. It does work.

Howiefly
January 11th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Thank you. This will be interesting!