PDA

View Full Version : Leaving......

Euphod
January 7th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Well, after being with Trainz since 2001, I am finally leaving.

I have a route that I've worked on for years, and I'm finally to the point where I can texture the fallen leaves under the trees, you know....leaving! Does anyone know of some good fallen leaves textures that they are pleased with? I made some awhile back, but I can't seem to find them now.

Any help is appreciated.

Ed

jivebunny
January 7th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Hahahaha I'm afraid I can't help but thanks for the laugh - a bit of dark humour always does the trick in January :hehe:

JB

WileeCoyote
January 7th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Man you should consider a career as a comedian:p As for leaf textures, I don't know of any, but I can easily take a photograph of some leaves under the pine outside and try my hand at making a texture.

WileeCoyote:D

psycho_aussie
January 7th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Typical Ed. Always looking for a way to either stir things up, or give everyone an laugh/heartattack... :p

Interesting idea. I don't believe that I have seen a layout with fallen leaves textured around trees, and what-not. I can't what to see what you come up with.

Smooz has SuperFallLeaves on the DLS. The KUID is 2300:21101, if you want to look for it that way.

Chris

laldfordo
January 7th, 2008, 07:43 AM
How about some leaves on the line? Or is that a peculiar British affliction?

Ferrous
January 7th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Gave me a right start there, Euphod...:eek: :hehe: :o

Anyway, I know I have some textures from George's "The Loops". When I get home, I'll see if I can dig up the KUIDs.

ish6
January 7th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Typical Ed. Always looking for a way to either stir things up, or give everyone an laugh/heartattack... :p

Chris

so true!!:hehe: :hehe:

gfisher
January 7th, 2008, 08:42 AM
You can try mine, Ed. Look for GF_winterleaves01 and GF_winterleaves02 on the DLS.

Euphod
January 7th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks George. I suppose yours show each leaf in detail, and some earwigs as well!
Ed

StorkNest
January 7th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I made some awhile back, but I can't seem to find them now.

I think I found yours currently at Download Depot in the Textures section, 3 packs of 4 titled Leaves ground textures.

Euphod
January 7th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks Storknest, now I can truly commence leaving!
Ed

lornyk5
January 7th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Thanks George. I suppose yours show each leaf in detail, and some earwigs as well!
Ed

Not asking for much are you?:o

Lorin:hehe:

Hoople
January 7th, 2008, 10:43 AM
For a second there, I was like what? Euphod? Leaving? What the heck? That's not right!

deeelare
January 7th, 2008, 10:56 AM
I was just thinking, all the 'fun' threads have either been locked or faded away ?
Was wondering who would bring a little fun back, should have known it would be the master Ed.

Thanks for the smiles ---DLR

jost62
January 7th, 2008, 11:11 AM
If textures are too imprecise under single standing trees (the old texturing problem), perhaps you want to try my "Ground-below-trees", kuid2 253853:311:1, or just click "My content" down in the signature.
If this is what you need and you want more colored fall-leaves, let me know - I will make it.

robbiehanson
January 7th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the heart attack! :D

Maddy25
January 7th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Well, after being with Trainz since 2001, I am finally leaving.

I have a route that I've worked on for years, and I'm finally to the point where I can texture the fallen leaves under the trees, you know....leaving! [...]

Ack! Don't do that! :p I would have missed you if you really had left Trainz!

- Madeline

gfisher
January 7th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I suppose yours show each leaf in detail, and some earwigs as well!

Of course. We aim to please. :cool:

Forest_Runner
January 7th, 2008, 04:13 PM
:clap: Classic.

leeferr
January 7th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I started to hyperventilate...but I'm feeling better now.
You crack me up. :hehe:

HawkeyeFultz
January 7th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Ed, u r crazy!!! (I just had to use incorrect English to give you the scare you gave me :cool:)

Tim

Boco
January 7th, 2008, 05:09 PM
In case you are, you're not....as John Banks once told me, you're not allowed to leave.

So there.

Boco:D

Shortline2
January 7th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Ed,

Careful, I was about to go into a state of mind where I will not be, and then it hit me, of course, he's among those fallen... ;)

So, I called off the party, and decided to just smile and enjoy this evening with all this old time threads full of smiles and joy and wordplay. :)
Thank you for this and the other thread, and thank you the other poster with the other thread along similar lines - big hugs to you both if you want them!! :)

Now, to figure out how to make leaves fall inside of Trainz... :)

Linda

sethmcs
January 7th, 2008, 06:03 PM
After "leaving" is there any chance we could see screenies of your route? :hehe:

Euphod
January 7th, 2008, 06:10 PM
After "leaving" is there any chance we could see screenies of your route? :hehe:

Well, not just yet, but as a consolation prize I will be offering shots of my nearest to release route which will be a rather unique take on narrow gauge railroading.

I'll keep you posted, and thanks for your interest.

Ed

sethmcs
January 7th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Well, not just yet, but as a consolation prize I will be offering shots of my nearest to release route which will be a rather unique take on narrow gauge railroading.

I'll keep you posted, and thanks for your interest.

Ed

Looking forward to that!:Y:

StorkNest
January 7th, 2008, 10:49 PM

Ever since these topics started I got scared of that. :confused: I pictured the title of the route thread as, "Everyone's leaving," that would make us all believe we're getting thrown out.:hehe:

smash
January 8th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Sorry no help with the leaves.
But boy sure do know how cause a cardiac arrest.

I hope you get what you need... and if I dont see you here I will catch you next fall.

Kenny

AJ_Fox
January 8th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Heh it's just Euphod with his own unique sense of humor.

Get used to it. :)

Cheers

AJ

slave-driver
January 8th, 2008, 01:16 AM
It's about time that Ed branched out anyway.:hehe:

Bill

Pencil42
January 8th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Now, to figure out how to make leaves fall inside of Trainz... :)

Twinkles should work :wave:
Hmmmmm.........

Ed,
I even started work on your own line to haul you back ;)
http://www.carsoncarshops.com/gallery/albums/userpics/ed_express.jpg

JCitron
January 8th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Well I can't help much with the leaf texture, but I am "releaved" to see that you're not leaving us. My heart sank when I first saw your thread title!

John