PDA

View Full Version : Please consider this if you like to post:

Euphod
December 19th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I detest spelling errors. Some are forgivable, and do not hinder the intended message so much. Some are terrible and painful to read. Lack of correct spelling can transform a well intended message into an insult to the poster's intelligence. When I read a post, I subconsciously appraise the writer's intelligence by the number of mis-spelled words, and I certainly can develop a bad impression of someone if they constantly write like a fourth grader. (I have a fourth grader....I know from whence I speak).

If you enjoy the forums, perhaps you should consider downloading a free spell checker. They are not perfect, but they can lift the quality of your posts to the point where you earn more respect, and get better results because of it.

Below is a link to a forum spell checker for Internet Explorer.

http://www.iespell.com/download.php

I'm sure those who use other browsers can post their own links here as well.

Thank you for considering this simple addition.

Ed

Lo_Poly
December 19th, 2007, 12:42 AM
I type fast so I make a lot of mistakes. Luckily Firefox has a built-in spell checker. I'd recommend just downloading Firefox and using it instead of IE. Sorry Microsoft! ;)

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

PS: Another rant thread? :p

Euphod
December 19th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Another rant thread? :p

I prefer to think of it as "another helpful thread".:p
Ed

Lo_Poly
December 19th, 2007, 12:51 AM
I prefer to think of it as "another helpful thread".:p
Ed

Ah I see where you're going :p

And to make this not another +1 post I understand your point Euphod. May I also point out that chatspeak ("A/S/L", "AFAIK", "OMG") phrases aren't always the best either? :)

Red_Rattler
December 19th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Euphod, instead of downloading a speelchequeker, um ur spellchecker/spell checker, what about using something else? And that is a . . .
Sure, it's usually easy to see what may be a typing mistake, but some other posts are almost impossible to understand - some users that don't have English as their first language have better English skills than some who speak English!

Not using puncuation & capital letters can also change the subject of what the poster is trying to get across, nor am I saying that you have to be 100% perfect at puncuation.

EDIT: Another thing to consider, is unless it can't be helped, or for an accidental double post, is not to change posts after others have replied.

PS-1: Of course we should also take into account different spellings. Why English spell "program" as "programme", is beyond me.
PS-2: Goes & previews post! :hehe:

Midland
December 19th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Hmm...

I actually agree with you Ed, but there is a fundamental problem involved in getting people to spell correctly:

colour not color
harbour not harbor
labour not labor
realise not realize
railway not railroad
points not switches
shunting not switching
crossing not meeting

Well you get the general idea. Maybe I should just send all my trans-Atlantic colleagues the very wonderful and correct Concise Oxford Dictionary! :hehe:

I notice those wild colonial boys across the ditch here can also be a bit random in their spelling... :hehe:

Given the above little conundrum I'm sure people can learn to use the backspace key every so often...

Cheers

Nix

slave-driver
December 19th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Just a simple proof reading of what you just typed can be a big help in spotting grammarical and spelling errors. But not always.

Bill

Euphod
December 19th, 2007, 01:24 AM
I actually LIKE the differences between the written Americanized English and the Queen's English. It's so cute and quaint when you guys slip in your little extra letters....it makes me feel like I'm in The House of Lords (with my bare feet and banjo, and a grass stalk between my teeth)!

You may not know this, but over here, when an advertiser or an actor wants to lend the impression of respectability to a project, they invariably resort to......(DUN DUN DUHHHHHH!).....a British accent. It's as if they are admitting that we are a bunch of yokels!

And, for the most part....we are.

Fare thee well.....

Ed

backyard
December 19th, 2007, 01:28 AM
8) Yes, the need for using correctly spelled words, and sentences that make sense on both ends is a great goal.

I have no problems with International spelling, as whilst reading the text, I can figure out what is meant.

Using anyone's dictionary would be a great start.

And it does matter! People who don't have time to post correctly, should wait until they have time!

"Talking without thinking, is like shooting without aiming."

Folks who post English as a second language, usually learn as time goes by, so I always welcome our Global Trainz Community to post.

I also allow for people who being deaf, post using ISL or ASL.

Natvander
December 19th, 2007, 01:29 AM
I actually LIKE the differences between the written Americanized English and the Queen's English. It's so cute and quaint when you guys slip in your little extra letters....

I believe it was the US that removed the letters...

sethmcs
December 19th, 2007, 01:32 AM
In addition to English I also speak fluent Hillbilly. Will translate if the need arises.:hehe:

Euphod
December 19th, 2007, 01:32 AM
I believe it was the US that removed the letters...

Indeed we did! No time for that here. Quick quick, hurry up! Time is money, etc..etc...
Ed

Red_Rattler
December 19th, 2007, 01:39 AM
harbour not harborThat's interchangeable (well sort of!) It's correct to use Victor Harbor, or Victor Harbour, however the official spelling of that town (due to a mistake I believe) is without the extra "u" - the correct way to spell those sort of words IMHO!

railway not railroadTheir IS a railway in NSW, Australia that has/had railroad in its name.

Their is also loop/passing loop as opposed to sidings.

AJ_Fox
December 19th, 2007, 01:45 AM
LOL guys

The cultural differences are what makes the world go round. Or is that around? :)

Cheers

AJ

Forest_Runner
December 19th, 2007, 03:16 AM
I type fast so I make a lot of mistakes. Luckily Firefox has a built-in spell checker. I'd recommend just downloading Firefox and using it instead of IE. Sorry Microsoft! ;)

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

PS: Another rant thread? :p

Unfortunately I don't believe spell-checker/spellsheck (whatever) is the answer. Care with what you're doing, an education and a revision/review of what you've typed before submitting is better and is much more sensible, constructive and a means to self teach.

Ed is right about the post intending to be helpful rather than a rant. On a professional level I'm "attached" to people who hire/recruit. If an applicant cannot read, write or spell (you'll be surprised just how many!!), forget it...eliminated from the process immediately.

Whilst technology and progress is a wonderful thing, it can promote a lazy and take for granted attitude. Remember, the basics ARE more important than you may realise.

My rant on the subject :cool:

Cheers,
Simon.

Euphod
December 19th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Well, I see your point, but I think that those who spell badly either don't have the education to draw from, or are not yet disciplined enough to use it. A spell checker can be a learning tool, as it does allow the user to see and hopefully remember the correct spelling for the future.
Ed

Forest_Runner
December 19th, 2007, 03:51 AM
No disagreement, Ed. It does allow the user a choice......but a choice to learn with spell checker means responsibility of self, and I'm sure you know how that is with society of today :p

Silly-buggers aside, it's good to see you posting a fair bit around here again, Ed.

Cheers,
Simon

jivebunny
December 19th, 2007, 08:53 AM
When I read a post, I subconsciously appraise the writer's intelligence by the number of mis-spelled words, and I certainly can develop a bad impression of someone if they constantly write like a fourth grader.

You're definitely not alone there Ed!

Lacker
December 19th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I say! Ed,old chap,you should get together with Mike10.He who rules the UK forum,with a rod of iron,when it comes to correct English punctuation and spelling.Woe betide us,if we so much as get a comma a 'smidgin' out of place.:hehe:
Only Joking. It is good to see some of us still adhere to the better education standards,that were around before PCs and Mobile phones.Trouble is I have forgotten most of what I was taught,it was so long ago.

Regards Bruce

ColPrice2002
December 19th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Minor trivia:

The Oxford dictionary is useful and an accurate guide to (UK) English.
At least, according to the people who work on it. I find it a good guide to Oxford English...
I prefer Chambers dictionary - it is a better guide to the more modern useage. I also use the Scots -> English one at home as well.

"Programme" = list of events in order e.g. the programme of concerts at the town hall.

"Program" = list of computer instuctions often held on a computer disc (disk)

"pogrom" - let's get rid of them!

I'm quite happy to read people's own variety of English - provided it's clear and can be understood. Spelling - well, let's accept the differences.
The real problem is the idiomatic use of words which mean one thing in one country and another in differenet country/culture.

i also have a great respect for people who post in English from another native language. Wish I could do it.

We've just had a little fracas with the BBC trying to censor a word in a song. That prompted a discussion about the word "faggot" - I still think of this as having two meanings:-

a) small meat-balls made from offal and
b) bundles of fire-wood

See ? There had to be room for all of us.

Best wishes to you & yours,

Colin

leeferr
December 19th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I agree that a lot of posters do not take the time to read what they have written before posting. Poor spelling is annoying, but what really gets to me is poor grammar. I can understand it from someone who has English as a second language, but not from anyone educated in an English speaking country and has at least a sixth grade education. I learned grammar and how to diagram sentences in the fifth grade, so it must not be that difficult. Now my rant is over. That felt good.:hehe:

slave-driver
December 19th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Those spell checking programs have their use but if you want the spelling to realy sink in there is no substatute for a good old fashion dictionary. Look it up, read the definition to make sure you have the correct word, manually type the word into the text you are typing. Instead of, "Oh. I misspelled it." Spell check. Take the first word, (even though it's wrong), continue without paying attention to it. How many of the younger ones know how to use or even seen a dictionary. On top of that if there is a power failure I can still open my dictionary and read it. Not so a computer.

If all else fails I can always ask my wife how to spell it.:hehe:

Bill

zatovisualworks
December 19th, 2007, 12:59 PM
i also have a great respect for people who post in English from another native language. Wish I could do it.

:p Never mind, Colin!

:hehe: I always tell my students not to pretend to be English, or British or else, but to write and speak in English! :hehe:

Take care,

Alberte :wave:

JCitron
December 19th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I'm with you Ed on this. I make the same judgement call as well when I've read a few posts in the past. I'll forgive an occasional typographical error, but when there are run-on sentences, no punctuation, and really horrible spelling, I sometimes give up trying to understand what the poster was trying to say. For non-native English speakers, I make the exception and work with their grammar and spelling skills to understand what they are trying to say. (I'm lucky have the opportunity to converse with Germans, Russians, and Chinese through email on a near daily basis).

I can forgive the differences in the English language between the Queen's English and the US spellings, which were changed by Webster in 1840's from what I heard on NPR one night. Up until this time, we spelled words like "center" as "centre" and "color" as "colour". This was done to further the distance between the US and England at the time.

Anyway great post, and hopefully this will educate some of the folks out there. All it takes is a little time to proof before hitting the post button.

Best,

John

Compudoc
December 19th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Some of you people never cease to amaze me. This is just a Trainz game forum. I am sure if users wanted to learn spelling and punctuation they would probably join an english teaching forum.

andi06
December 19th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Hmm...
Maybe I should just send all my trans-Atlantic colleagues the very wonderful and correct Concise Oxford Dictionary! :hehe:
Don't do that - it has both versions listed as correct and we don't want to give them any excuses.

slave-driver
December 19th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Some of you people never cease to amaze me. This is just a Trainz game forum. I am sure if users wanted to learn spelling and punctuation they would probably join an english teaching forum.
But then again if they are miss understood or not understood at all due to bad grammerand and/or lack of proper punctuation how will it benefit them or anyone else.

Bill

sethmcs
December 19th, 2007, 03:21 PM
In addition to English I also speak fluent Hillbilly. Will translate if the need arises.:hehe:

Thanks Ed for the needed diversion from the troubles going on at Auran.:)

If anyone needs a message translated from Hillbilly (Westernvania Style) let me know.:hehe:

If yunz need help let me know. (Hillbilly Translation)

leeferr
December 19th, 2007, 04:26 PM

The occasional spelling or grammatical error is not what concerns me. What gets me is grammar that is so bad that I have a difficult time following the thought of the post. Sometimes, it's very difficult to figure out what some people are trying to say because their sentence structure is so broken or paragraphs are just one long sentence.

Euphod
December 19th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Those spell checking programs have their use but if you want the spelling to realy sink in there is no substatute for a good old fashion dictionary. Look it up, read the definition to make sure you have the correct word, manually type the word into the text you are typing. Instead of, "Oh. I misspelled it." Spell check. Take the first word, (even though it's wrong), continue without paying attention to it. How many of the younger ones know how to use or even seen a dictionary. On top of that if there is a power failure I can still open my dictionary and read it. Not so a computer.

If all else fails I can always ask my wife how to spell it.:hehe:

Bill

Time for a new dictionary, or a new wife. Trust me on this; the dictionary is less expensive.:o

I have to chuckle whenever I find myself included in the group of "some of you people". Whenever I read a sentence that begins with "some of you people", I just know a hilarious exchange of ideas is about to take place. This thread is intended to help those that are challenged with spelling make themselves understood here in a respectable way. Proper communication benefits us all, not just "some of us people".:o You see, I really don't care if an individual wants to learn spelling; that's completely up to them. I suggest a spell checker for those that want to communicate intelligently, whether they are young or English is not their native tongue. If you type carelessly "some of us people" may think you are stupid, and discount the content of your message. I am suggesting an easy way for those challenged with spelling to earn more respect when interacting on a forum. If I'm not mistaken the primary reason for the existence of a forum is to communicate by sharing ideas. The written word has it's own inherent liabilities, spelling need not be one of them in this modern age.

Ed;)

slave-driver
December 19th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Time for a new dictionary, or a new wife. Trust me on this; the dictionary is less expensive.:o

Ed;)
LOL. Figured you'd catch that. Dictionary is on the table next to me, (not that I opened it up for that;)) and I'm sneaking up on 16 years of marriage and have no intention of getting rid of her.

Bill

Euphod
December 19th, 2007, 05:38 PM
LOL. Figured you'd catch that. Dictionary is on the table next to me, (not that I opened it up for that;)) and I'm sneaking up on 16 years of marriage and have no intention of getting rid of her.

Bill

Probably just as well....what's more important anyway; spelling or maintaining your marriage? I failed the marriage part miserably......:'( .

Ed:D

slave-driver
December 19th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Sad to here that Ed. I consider myself very lucky to have found someone that would put up with me. Keep the chin up. Good things are going to be happening.:D
Time for me to finish up my HD flat car.

Bill

lornyk5
December 19th, 2007, 06:02 PM
I agree that it's difficult to understand some members, for the younger bunch many have good spelling, some just don't try! I for one proof read my posts.

I think it's a good practice as I have caught tons of errors (just from typing fast).

As for the different nations of users on the forum, there's bound to be differences.

Later Eh! (off to eat a donut:hehe:)

Lorin

WileeCoyote
December 20th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Ever since I started Trainzing and joined up on the forums (which is almost a year now since I got Trainz last Christmas), I have found it to be often plagued in some way with people who lack any good form of grammer, spelling, and keeping the bloody caps key off. Granted yes they could use the spell check feature this forum can use, but I don't think it is really necessary.

Why? Because I do not think that if you lack the ability to write a decent, readable, cohesive sentence you really need it. Instead you should make a greater effort in writing class. What "progress", you are showing now will affect for the rest of your life how you write, and given that every job requires some writing, its best that you learn how to do it properly and not let a IE script do it for you.

I value my education (homeschooled) and I do wish that some people thought the same about their own. I realise that some younger, heck, even some older members (I won't name any) can't really write one paragraph with at least some order to it. Especially the ones who like using chatspeak (shudders). All the same, at least make an effort to improve your writing that doesn't involve an IE (or Firefox!) script doing it for you.

WileeCoyote:D

slave-driver
December 20th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Very true Wolfgang. Like my son. He has a problem spelling correctly but he does spell phoneticlly. (the way it sounds) His sentence structure is good so if you under stand the way he spells then it's easy to comprehend.
As long as the structure of the sentence is good I can forgive a couple spelling errors. A well structured sentence = understanding by others. Understanding by others = more willingness to help. And I can think of a few choice words to describe chatspeak. But to put it mildly, chatspeak is something the cat should burry in it's litter box.

Bill

Lo_Poly
December 20th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Non-"stupid" chatspeak, like "LOL" I can accept as long as it's used intelligently (down with using it 200 times in a post! Down with "lolololololololol"). Almost all other chatspeak is best for stuff like IRC chat, and there are still some not good for anything. :D

There are many who don't seem to value education as much. Letting something write/do something for you is pretty lazy. But with an average "Words-per-minute" of 146 (it's a sidebar gadget on my desktop) sometimes the text flies by a bit too fast to write a perfect sentence. But, I proofread. There are a lot on this forum who I know can write good posts, but they don't proofread it so it looks terrible. :o

MarvinMartian
December 20th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Heh, its been so long since I've used "chatspeak" fluently (sp?), that I've forgotten most of it. Not that I miss it that much...spent way too much time chatting way back in my early twenties! :D (That's how I met my wife oddly enough)

MarvinMartian

Accipiter777
December 20th, 2007, 08:41 PM
sory...eye kant spel ether, eye aint knot knead know edumacation...just axe me

Zorronov
December 20th, 2007, 09:03 PM
My only question is...does "#%#$@**&!" have two *'s or just one? :D

Cheers,
Fred

slave-driver
December 20th, 2007, 09:04 PM
2. 1. That's 21 then.;)

Bill

titaniclover
December 20th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Well it is a point. I am a neat freak and a spell freak. I used to pass all my spelling tests in Elementary school with 100's.

Now they discontinue spelling in High School even Middle School. By the end of Middle School I forgot how to spell "because"!! Not good.

This is why I use my installed document writer, Microsoft Word for example. That what I'm writing this message in right now.:hehe:

Now even your installed components in your computer can help you. Without downloading anything!! Very nice huh?

Just a little funny, look at my last name. It's German. Try saying it. LOL!!!:hehe: Now try spelling it, without looking at it. Now you know how my teachers feel in school. :o

Happy Holidays!!

Cheers,
Adam Wiethuechter

EDIT: Ok not all thing go well. Even there is still human error by missing things in the document writer!! Go figure I spelled "because" wrong again, and component!

sethmcs
December 20th, 2007, 10:02 PM
sory...eye kant spel ether, eye aint knot knead know edumacation...just axe me

Ah my first assignment.:hehe:

Translation - Sorry, I can't spell either. I don't have any education....just ask me.

fredyale
December 20th, 2007, 10:38 PM
I love this thread. I am constantly amazed by the number of emails I receive in a business context that are grammatically incorrect, and violate basic spelling rules.

How often have you seen someone write, "loose" when they really mean, "lose"? As in, "If I read any more of this, I think I will loose my mind".

Spelling checkers won't help you here. Only brain cells.

Merry Christmas and thanks to Euphod,

Fred

Boco
December 20th, 2007, 10:44 PM
I'm sensing holiday boredom fast approaching. Maybe it's just me.

Boco

leeferr
December 21st, 2007, 01:23 PM
I'm sensing holiday boredom fast approaching. Maybe it's just me.

Boco

No, it's not just you.:hehe:

Euphod
December 21st, 2007, 01:30 PM
I'm sensing holiday boredom fast approaching. Maybe it's just me. Boco

I sense a disturbance in the Moderation Force......

Does anyone have any links to other spell checkers for other browsers? Or is IE the only one that doesn't have one out of the box?

Ed

jivebunny
December 21st, 2007, 01:57 PM
What amazes me is to look at the posts written by these violators of the English language, and then to compare them to posts by those members of the forum who are from other parts of the world. What valid excuse is there for someone who's been speaking, reading and writing English from birth to have a poorer grasp of the language than someone who's learnt it at school or taught it to themselves?

I can speak for myself here as English is my second language (I am a French national) and I grit my teeth every time I see someone confuse "there", "their" and "they're", or "hear" and "here", or "bear" and "bare", or invent words like "possoble" or "complicating" (as in "building a model is complicating").

Txt spk is a different matter, that just shows laziness and - to me at least - suggests the person is using it to hide the fact that they can't spell. Terms like "IMO" and "IIRC" I don't mind, as these are actually useful in the context of a sentence, but "LOL", "LMAO" and "my train got pwned" just make me want to cry.

Thankfully I am strong in the mind and manage to hold back the tears.

lol.

JB

RooRocz
December 21st, 2007, 02:16 PM
I sense a disturbance in the Moderation Force......

Does anyone have any links to other spell checkers for other browsers? Or is IE the only one that doesn't have one out of the box?

Ed

In a word: Yes.

A word to everyone using IE: stop using it now before the internet community at large finds out and humiliates you. This is for your own good.

:D

Euphod
December 21st, 2007, 02:23 PM
English is my second language (Huge Snip)JB
I sure do respect anyone that can speak two languages, let alone write two languages! Heck, I couldn't order a snail in France! And RooRocz; nothing can humiliate me, I was married for 10 years!
Ed:eek:

Capt_Haddock
December 21st, 2007, 03:55 PM
Ed, I wholly agree with you.

Surely, the whole point of spelling and grammar rules is to make a common framework so that everyone following the same rules can understand each other. Writing with sloppy spelling and grammar shows a lack of respect for anyone that might read it and undermines what ever is trying to be said.

Like many people I do not find spelling easy (I am dyslexic) but, knowing this, I am doubly careful to check my writing before publishing it because I want other people to be able to read and understand what I am trying to say.

Seasonís greetings

Chris

ish6
December 21st, 2007, 11:31 PM
edit ...

Ish:)

Barry
December 22nd, 2007, 03:45 AM
Spelling errors are perfectly natural on the this type of medium. i.e. the Imnternet but of course it depends whether on whwtehr the thread is of much importance.
Also of course age, learning levels, country of origin, disabilites all play an important prt.

Quicly typed and full of errors.:)

Of course if we used the natural medium of quill and parchment, which most of us use, duly sealed with the proper wax seals there are rarely any errors.

Have a Nice Christmas and New Year to all whether you make many spelling errors or none.

Barry

:)

colhad
December 22nd, 2007, 04:52 AM
Wouldn't we all like to be perfect.

slave-driver
December 22nd, 2007, 10:04 AM
Perfect? I just wish I could be normal. Then again it depends on your deffanition of normal.:p

Bill

Boco
December 22nd, 2007, 10:27 AM
Consider if you will, the group of old-timers at the local train club, reminiscing about the past and complaining about the future.

How the younger generations are so loud and brash and pushy, and they can't even spell or use grammar.

And as they talk and complain, perhaps one or two will pause and wonder why their ranks shrink and no new recruits step up to carry on.

Perhaps we should lead by example.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Boco

Euphod
December 22nd, 2007, 12:17 PM
" When I was a boy, we didn't have no fancy schmancy spell checkers! No sir, and our computers burned WOOD for power! Sometimes the smoke got so thick you couldn't see what you was looking for on A-Bay! That's right....A-Bay they weren't up to "E" yet back then.....and anyhow, we didn't have any sissified "Edit" buttons or Namby-Pamby Moderators! If'n you typed in something somebody didn't like, they would come to your door and punch you in the face! That's right, you'd be minding your own business watching "National Geographic" on the picture box, and there would be a knock on your door, and some guy would just start wompin' on ya' fer no good reason dad-gum it! And you kids with yer' Trainz Classics 104 and 105, we didn't have no finey shiney Trainz Classics! We had to make our own routes, and our own code upgrades! And Trainz wasn't even a part of 2K games back then....no sir! Why, when I was a boy we didn't have no gussied up Paintshed Complete! We had regular Paintshed, and it only had five engines in it and you could only use 4 colors! That's right, and WE LIKED IT! And the FIRST Trainz didn't have no sounds in it neither! They sent you one of those air horns like you use at a Hockey game, and you had to blow THAT when ya' approached a crossing! Eh.....what sonny? Hockey game? Back when I was a boy there were lots of sports, not just Soccer, heck you could watch 'em on yer' picture box and........."

Ed:o

deeelare
December 22nd, 2007, 12:25 PM
ROFLAO !!

Oh ! Sorry ---
I am rolling on the floor, laughing my a** off ! :D

jivebunny
December 22nd, 2007, 12:44 PM
Consider if you will, the group of old-timers at the local train club, reminiscing about the past and complaining about the future.

How the younger generations are so loud and brash and pushy, and they can't even spell or use grammar.

And as they talk and complain, perhaps one or two will pause and wonder why their ranks shrink and no new recruits step up to carry on.

Perhaps we should lead by example.

Very fair point, however when it's the younger generations getting worked up about other people's spelling and grammar then you know there's a problem! I'm 22 and I don't consider my age or the fact that I've grown up with computers around me (literally, my father worked for IBM in the 80s and early 90s) to be an excuse for sloppy spelling or the inability to form a coherent sentence, let alone punctuate it correctly.

JB

slave-driver
December 22nd, 2007, 12:55 PM
ROFLAO !!

Oh ! Sorry ---
I am rolling on the floor, laughing my a** off ! :D
So that's who was rolling on the floor laughing along side me.:)

Bill

Lo_Poly
December 22nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
Euphod could make a real fortune if he became a comedian. :hehe:

leeferr
December 22nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
So that's who was rolling on the floor laughing along side me.:)

Bill

No, that was me:hehe:

colhad
December 22nd, 2007, 09:44 PM
Euphod could make a real fortune if he became a comedian. :hehe:

What, entertaining the flies??:p

Euphod
December 24th, 2007, 09:56 AM
What, entertaining the flies??:p

Hmmmm, a heckler!
Are you trying to say I stink?
Ed:'(

Shortline2
December 24th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Hi Ed,

I wish I could answer your question about stink - but in order to do that, I need to be not to far away from you... ;)

Being we have a ocean and some land between us, I guess I need to let other answer your question. :)
But, for me, you don't stink here, so I guess you would not stink if I was over there either. LOL

Best wishes

Linda

shamrock01
December 24th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Hmmmm, a heckler!

Edward,

I still believe you are the funniest poster on this Forum.
You are so witty, knowledgable, and I still think you are a very handsome young man !
Do not let others upset you.

PS: Christmas dinner is at 5:00, don't be tardy, Love Mumsie

colhad
December 24th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Hmmmm, a heckler!

Time for a bath mate!!:p

slave-driver
December 24th, 2007, 08:01 PM
He smells realy good to me... Oh! Wait.That's dinner cooking.:udrool: Never mind.

Bill

Lo_Poly
December 24th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? ;)

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1596/waffleos6.gif

I think we should stay on topic...

AJ_Fox
December 24th, 2007, 08:17 PM
LOL I've been looking the other way because it's Christmas and everyone's having fun it seems but Lo_Poly does make a good point.

Cheers and Happy Holidays to all.

AJ

AussieNightcrawler
December 24th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Here you go AJ, here's a beer for you...

http://australian-food.com/images/products/beer/hahn.jpg

I think I heard someone calling you from over that way...

**points off into the distance**

:hehe: :p