PDA

View Full Version : Which version to get??

Jandb01
February 28th, 2021, 01:18 PM
A bit confused, with all the choices. I am coming back to Trainz after many years away. Like, TRS2006 or TRS2007 days.

Now it seems there are many choices. I don't want one of the subscription types I was offered, would prefer to just buy outright.

Not sure how far I will go with this, I will be just about re-learning the whole thing, but don't want a too outdated version, in case I do stay with it (I plan to, just being realistic.

Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks.

Jim F

Alikiwi
February 28th, 2021, 03:23 PM
If you don't want to be too out-dated, then it's either T:ane, or TRS19. Either will have a good learning curve and obviously Tane is a lot cheaper, in many ways I prefer Tane as it shows the score during the game, TRS19 does not. TRS19 has better graphics which is probably it's only advantage IMHO.

stagecoach
February 28th, 2021, 07:01 PM
TRS19 Platinum would have to be the first choice. It comes as a complete install which can be added to at any time if you wish. It has a lot of newer features which the standard version has not got. You can add a membership for one month if you wish to see what else is on offer and then cancel it to return to the basic install. A lot of new content may not be available in other versions as the build versions are not backward compatible due to new ways of creation.

boc61
March 1st, 2021, 12:07 PM
It will depend on what you are interested in and your budget to a degree. TANE is available at a good price and it is very serviceable. If you want the latest then 2019. There are a lot of options here. Platinum gives you the biggest selection of content without a subscription. You could get the basic 2019 and upgrade it later on I think. There are regional versions of 2019 if you only want to model a specific area, such as North America, but their available content will be limited and I don't think they are upgradeable.

Forester1
March 1st, 2021, 02:12 PM
I would agree that you will get the best value with TRS2019Platinum. You may pay a little bit less with other versions, but you will get a lot less in terms of routes and assets. I think the price point for Platinum is the way to go.