PDA

View Full Version : TRS19 Final Release Candidate ready for testing

Tony_Hilliam
December 9th, 2018, 09:44 PM
We've prepared what we expect to be the basis of "Gold Master" version of TRS19 for beta testing.

This beta build still has assertions enabled, and if no showstopper issues are found, the next step will be turning off the debugging, rebuilding and releasing an update for TRS19 Early Access users.

98299 to 98463 is ready now for PC
98302 to 98464 for Mac will be available shortly [now released]

JCitron
December 9th, 2018, 10:06 PM
Thank you Tony.

Let's hope this is "the one".

I just finished downloading the 310 MB patch, and ran a very quick DBR.

I'll test and let you all know what I find, and I hope it's nothing major at this point. The last test wasn't bad at all from what I saw in Surveyor mostly. I seem to alternate lots of time in Surveyor followed by lots of time in Driver. This time around it'll be in Driver so we'll see what's up.

pware
December 9th, 2018, 10:13 PM
Downloading now. 310MB about 2-3 minutes on a 25Mbps link.

Installing now. Less than 1 minute.

DBR running now.

Launching now.

One assertion prior to the menu screen appearing

https://i.postimg.cc/Lsf52hbB/Assertion98463-01.png

Menu screen appeared then CTD before pretty loco picture appeared and before I could select anything.

Will try again.

pware
December 9th, 2018, 10:18 PM
2nd attempt. So far all good. Loaded a Sebino Lake session in Driver, so far running well, no assertions, no CTD.

RJArtim
December 9th, 2018, 10:20 PM
Still can't save a new session on non TRS19 routes with out having to save a new route with your own KUID. I thought I could just change the KUID to the original author's KUID but that was not acceptable according to the CM. I am finally now at the point of being able to create sessions successfully, but they are now assigned to a new route. Really bringing me down.

Patrick31
December 9th, 2018, 10:28 PM
Still can't save a new session on non TRS19 routes with out having to save a new route with your own KUID. I thought I could just change the KUID to the original author's KUID but that was not acceptable according to the CM. I am finally now at the point of being able to create sessions successfully, but they are now assigned to a new route. Really bringing me down.

I agree, one of the enjoyments of many is to make new sessions for existing routes, not being able to do so is a real let down. Surely this must be a bug, this cant be done intentionally because it makes zero sence to do so

martinvk
December 9th, 2018, 11:25 PM
Well since you can make an exact clone of the routes in TRS19 and then make as many sessions as you like for them, I don't see what the issue is.
But they still have those ghoulish animated portraits. Please don't leave them in the final Release. They don't add anything to the driving experience. I know they can be turned off but really, it that what Trainz has become? Amateur zombieland?
Also got this when I first started, after DBR was completed, something about failing to extract values. Have not seen it since.

Tony_Hilliam
December 10th, 2018, 12:16 AM
Creating sessions for pre-TRS19 routes without resaving the route would mean having a pre-TRS19 route (i.e. pre-4.6) and a 4.6 session.

The best solution would be for the oriignal route to be resaved as TRS19, or even better, updated and resaved.

The work around to create a session for a pre-TRS19 route that is not your own KUID are as follows: (not officially supported)

1. Edit the pre-TRS19 route and Save As your own KUID
2. Exit the route
3. Open Content Manager, select your route, and Open > Show in Explorer
4. Edit the config file and replace your KUID with the KUID from the original route, and increment the KUID by 1
(i.e. <KUID:xxx:yyy> would become <KUID2:xxx:yyy:1>
5. Save the config file
6. Drag the route folder withthe updated config file into Content Manger.

You will now have a version of the original route where you can create sessions without having to resave the route (as it is now in 4.6 format).

If these sessions are for your own use, you may as well just resave as your own KUID.

I know they can be turned off
So why not turn the off and allow them for those who disagree?

pcas1986
December 10th, 2018, 12:34 AM
This morning I created a test session in one of my routes. That was in the previous beta build. It was testing a problem with loco boiler water levels. After updating to 98463 my test session was listed but the test consist and its driver schedule was gone. I've seen some reports about problems with saved sessions so should I ignore it?

p.s. the route has lots of problems with missing or problematic assets so that may be a factor. One day I'll find enough time to fix it. :hehe:

Tony_Hilliam
December 10th, 2018, 12:48 AM
Sessions should be fine. Saved Games are the assets that may be more problematic.

pware
December 10th, 2018, 01:08 AM
...those ghoulish animated portraits. Please don't leave them in the final Release. They don't add anything to the driving experience. I know they can be turned off but really, it that what Trainz has become? Amateur zombieland?

I turned mine off, as Tony suggested, several betas ago. It was a simple click of a checkbox and they have remained off ever since. Simples.

celje
December 10th, 2018, 01:17 AM
Is it possible that N3V will not change this ugly animated portraits of drivers with 2d photos as we have now in TANE?

pware
December 10th, 2018, 01:53 AM
Is it possible that N3V will not change this ugly animated portraits of drivers with 2d photos as we have now in TANE?

Celje, you can change it yourself with two mouse clicks. One to open the driver tool, the other to turn off the animations. Why are people having problems with this?

PC_Ace
December 10th, 2018, 02:31 AM
Those ugly animated drivers actually look quite good when viewed in the cab from outside the locomotive though. Much better, in fact, than their predecessors.
We need to be careful that we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater - I'm happy to simply turn off the driver list animations on the HUD and leave it at that.

Getting back to the main point of this thread: The download was swift at >30MB/s and installation nearly as quick. No major issues evident, and all of my settings preferences retained.
I was still left with quite a list of 'Out of Date' sessions (for Canadian Rockies, Sebino Lake and Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS2019) AND yet another prompt to download the older version of Sebino Lake again.
Most of these purportedly 'Out of Date' assets are still designated 'Not installed, Payware (not active)'.
Had hoped this latest patch would resolve this issue, thought frankly, this is not a 'biggie' either.

celje
December 10th, 2018, 02:51 AM
Celje, you can change it yourself with two mouse clicks. One to open the driver tool, the other to turn off the animations. Why are people having problems with this?

Hello

Thanks for advice, but you forgot some things:

1. This new popup window for driver has two very usefull informations, 1.1 focus on driver and 1.2 text with information what the train do in this moment. If the drivers are turn off (as you advice) then we can't see this informations

2. Driver window take to much space on the screen, without any particular reason

3. only four drivers are visual, we are running routes with 30 trains and more, and N3V reduce number of drivers which we see at once ( before we had 7 driver )

4. drivers are not good looking. BTW one girl cross-eyed (squint), she has brown hair. Is this the new TM of Trainz?

5, i will never understand that the good solution and better looking solution is changed with worse one

regards
celje

pware
December 10th, 2018, 02:54 AM
I prefer the new arrangement over the old. More information and more controls are available.

Tony_Hilliam
December 10th, 2018, 03:07 AM
New content that sorts out the payware not active is being released currently.
Click File > Download purchased items to refresh (or remove your username and re-enter).

PC_Ace
December 10th, 2018, 03:27 AM
Brilliant. Thanks Tony!

Rik81
December 10th, 2018, 06:08 AM
So we got update on 4 of the routes, one of which is Sebino Lake without the qa type release, I hope its not the prior one(?)

Tony_Hilliam
December 10th, 2018, 06:14 AM
No. The Sebino "named" route is available for all Early Access Users. We are unable to remove it from your download without removing it for everyone. So it is safe to ignore that download.

brucem56
December 10th, 2018, 06:50 AM
Hello

Thanks for advice, but you forgot some things:

1. This new popup window for driver has two very usefull informations, 1.1 focus on driver and 1.2 text with information what the train do in this moment. If the drivers are turn off (as you advice) then we can't see this informations

2. Driver window take to much space on the screen, without any particular reason

3. only four drivers are visual, we are running routes with 30 trains and more, and N3V reduce number of drivers which we see at once ( before we had 7 driver )

4. drivers are not good looking. BTW one girl cross-eyed (squint), she has brown hair. Is this the new TM of Trainz?

5, i will never understand that the good solution and better looking solution is changed with worse one

regards
celje

He isn't telling you to turn the drivers off, just the animation. You have a choice to show animated drivers or not animated (they look like they did in TANE). See the attached images.

http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/547152/screenshots/95789/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/547152/screenshots/95790/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I strongly agree with your 3rd point - the images are much too big and if you run a lot of trains this window is a space hog. Please make the images much smaller and shrink the window.

brucem56
December 10th, 2018, 07:14 AM
Anyone know does this error is for? I get it whenever I do a DBR.

http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/547152/screenshots/95791/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

martinvk
December 10th, 2018, 07:29 AM
A whole bunch of qatestscxxxxx showed up this morning so testing will be on hold until they complete downloading.

Meanwhile, beating a dead zombie, could they at least have a passing resemblance to the driver. I know we're in an age of gender fluidity but could they at least be tagged correctly and associated with the correct driver type? Right now, it looks like they are just randomly picked.

While waiting for the downloads to finish, are there any plans to assign the clutter and turfFx to the Paint tab? Seems to have more in common with that then topology. And how about giving more user friendly label names instead of the programmer-centric names to the various parameters. I think it would go a long way to making these easier to use by more people.

Patrick31
December 10th, 2018, 07:40 AM
What is more weird is when you have ananimated girl as driver then when you look in the cab thereis a complete different person, a guy she also has a guys name lol.

Rik81
December 10th, 2018, 07:47 AM
No. The Sebino "named" route is available for all Early Access Users. We are unable to remove it from your download without removing it for everyone. So it is safe to ignore that download.
Sorry, not possible to ignore. I rolled down below it and said DOWNLOAD ALL, and it popped back to the top and DL Sebino. Okay, so I should of done them 1 at a time, bad me.

manweb
December 10th, 2018, 08:10 AM
Hello.

Anyone know does this error is for? I get it whenever I do a DBR.

http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/547152/screenshots/95791/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Unknowing error for me but its appear on my DBR too.

Regards

celje
December 10th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Brucem56

I have not beta, only EA build 97556. In this build is not possible to eliminate or change drivers faces. Or i'm missing something.

Patrick31
December 10th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Just installed the latest version,along with QATestSC 484, 486 and 490 but i now have also 2 times a sebino lake in there both are 8 parts, do i ignore both or do i have to download one ? And if so which one because they are both named the same. And what routes have been updated what routes are 484, 486 and 490 ?

brucem56
December 10th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Brucem56

I have not beta, only EA build 97556. In this build is not possible to eliminate or change drivers faces. Or i'm missing something.

Are you telling me you don't have a menu option? Click the wrench button and open the menu, then deselect the "Animated Portraits" option

celje
December 10th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Are you telling me you don't have a menu option? Click the wrench button and open the menu, then deselect the "Animated Portraits" option

Yes i can do this, but it don't solve the problem, this faces are still there.

clam1952
December 10th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Probably one of the fixes in the Beta?

brucem56
December 10th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Yes i can do this, but it don't solve the problem, this faces are still there.

You didn't say you wanted the faces to disappear completely, you said you wanted the animated gone and the same as TANE.

Unchecking "Animated Portraits" does that.

hutten
December 10th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Hello everyone,

Agree with the driver pictures and its window being too space-consuming.
But there is another issue. I have created railcars with the option "outside-visible-from-cabin" in the config.txt of the interior. The actual interior consists of control handles for driving only. This gives a realistic continuity of "inside" and "outside". Now with the new big drivers in the cabin, access to the control handles is more or less blocked by the driver mesh in its seat. I cannot get to the controls when I want to drive myself.
I wish it was possible to eliminate the driver mesh or make an "invisible" ghost driver. I managed to make a ghost driver in TANE but I do not know how to do that in TRS2019. Any suggestions?
Of course, I could move the driver attachment points in my own assets but that would still create a strange scene in the passenger railcar.

Paul

pware
December 10th, 2018, 03:42 PM
Click the wrench button and open the menu, then deselect the "Animated Portraits" option

That feature was added to the beta versions. If he only has the original Early Access then he cannot turn off the animations.

davesnow
December 10th, 2018, 04:50 PM
((seems like testers are more worried about the driver animations than about actually TESTING the beta))

Two things. First, it seems Locomotives now no longer show reflections in the water. At least not in my game.

Second, I get this error AFTER I am playing a session (my own route):

https://i.postimg.cc/CxnypnW3/error.jpg (https://postimg.cc/gxptvjcs)

Patrick31
December 10th, 2018, 05:41 PM
Same problem as Dave no reflections in the water anymore, didnt notice it until he wrote it so i checked. Also i get the same error on a lot of sessions

Tony_Hilliam
December 10th, 2018, 06:21 PM
The ClientMaterial assertion is not critical and can be ignored for now.

Same problem as Dave no reflections in the water anymore, didnt notice it until he wrote it so i checked. Also i get the same error on a lot of sessions

What settings are you on? Water quality = Low has no reflections. High and Ultra do have reflections.

If you are not seeing reflections, is this for all rolling stock or only some? (Provide KUIDs of examples with no reflection.

http://www.trainzportal.com/images/uploads/newsletter/Nov_2018/2018-12-11_091515.png

SailorDan
December 10th, 2018, 06:59 PM
If you are not seeing reflections, is this for all rolling stock or only some? (Provide KUIDs of examples with no reflection.
Some. No apparent pattern. Changes when route is saved and re-loaded. For instance:
<kuid2:404575:220021:5> D-DB_Bpmz293.3_IC_2kl
when first placed in a new route has no reflection. Close, save and reload and the reflection is there. The route icon proves that there was originally no reflection.

pware
December 10th, 2018, 07:08 PM
((seems like testers are more worried about the driver animations than about actually TESTING the beta))

It sometimes seems that way, but one of the main posters on the issue is not a beta tester. And in any case it is human nature that whatever upsets you the most, no matter how trivial, is the most important thing that needs fixing and RIGHT NOW!!

martinvk
December 10th, 2018, 08:03 PM
After the latest qatest downloads, I decided that a DBR would be a good idea, just to keep things neat and tidy. So what is a TADAssetCache setting a zero-sized cache entry and why is it doing that if it's an error?

davesnow
December 10th, 2018, 08:10 PM
Well, I don't know what happened. Loaded my test route and checked and there are reflections there.

https://i.postimg.cc/j2hySrjp/2018-12-10-190747.jpg (https://postimg.cc/9wrDLKZb)

In my route that I play all the time, I couldn't see any reflections. I'll go back and double check...

Tony_Hilliam
December 10th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Manweb, martinvk - it's an assertion message as opposed to an "error" - a task is with dev to sort out.

Sailordan - "The route icon proves that there was originally no reflection."

We do believe you, but I don't follow this point - please explain.

Also, we will need to figure out the pattern (and there will be one) for when the reflections work and don't work.

clam1952
December 10th, 2018, 08:18 PM
After the latest qatest downloads, I decided that a DBR would be a good idea, just to keep things neat and tidy. So what is a TADAssetCache setting a zero-sized cache entry and why is it doing that if it's an error?

No idea but I've just had one of them as well, doesn't seem to have broken anything.
Wonder if some of these assertions are just "for info" debug messages.

davesnow
December 10th, 2018, 08:29 PM
well I must have made a mistake because my route has reflections...

https://i.postimg.cc/02DHs6x3/2018-12-10-192806.jpg (https://postimg.cc/PPfMb5Cz)

1611mac
December 10th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Mac update 98464 - Still getting non-rendered track and CTD's in Surveyor when entire baseboard is showing and flat. Seems worse when splines are in top half of grid. Things work much better when closer in and baseboard is "3d" (angled back).

jeffmorris
December 10th, 2018, 08:57 PM
I tried the Sebino Lake route in TRS2019 Final Release Candidate and it's still very jerky (I think it is caused by smoke FX). Pressing the F5 key to make the new HUD disappear didn't work. Can we have the old HUD back?

SailorDan
December 10th, 2018, 08:57 PM
Sailordan - "The route icon proves that there was originally no reflection."

We do believe you, but I don't follow this point - please explain.
The alternative would be to take screen shots at each point in the process, but that is often overlooked if you don't know what the process is going to reveal. If I had had any idea that the problem would disappear on reloading I would have taken a screenshot. As I didn't, the route icon will have to do. I assume you don't need to see it.

Patrick31
December 10th, 2018, 10:32 PM
Reflections are working for me too again, had to do with loading a saved session or something because a new session and it worked

JCitron
December 11th, 2018, 12:02 AM
Loading save sessions is a bit iffy...

I've had some cases on and off where the signals don't initialize and remain dark along with other scripts so that the drivers SPAD and derail, and on most returns I've gotten this error as well.

Pug
December 11th, 2018, 01:40 AM
For those of you who just want a screenshot of the Assertion Dialog Box, or any other box or window rather than the whole screen, use Alt Ctrl Print Screen and only the box with the focus will be copied. This saves cropping the picture.

JCitron
December 11th, 2018, 11:08 AM
For those of you who just want a screenshot of the Assertion Dialog Box, or any other box or window rather than the whole screen, use Alt Ctrl Print Screen and only the box with the focus will be copied. This saves cropping the picture.

Yup that works and so does the Windows Snipping tool which allows you to highlight stuff and write on images.

The newer, yet to be released in the future Windows 10 versions has something else called Screen Snip which is found on the actions menu - the one where you check for updates, etc.

clam1952
December 11th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Yup that works and so does the Windows Snipping tool which allows you to highlight stuff and write on images.

The newer, yet to be released in the future Windows 10 versions has something else called Screen Snip which is found on the actions menu - the one where you check for updates, etc.

Screen Snip is in 1809 which has been released, some of us got it in october and it was re-released on the 13th of November and is the current version which is being rolled out slowly unless you go looking for it.

Alt Ctrl Print Screen doesn't appear to work here in 1809, probably broken by the Screen Snip, which does work and well, be nice if they put it somewhere more logical though! if there is a shortcut key combination for it, I haven't found it yet.

Edit: Ah it's in the Right Click on Desktop menu.

Or create a shortcut to
%windir%\explorer.exe ms-screenclip:

JCitron
December 11th, 2018, 11:22 AM
Screen Snip is in 1809 which has been released, some of us got it in october and it was re-released on the 13th of November and is the current version which is being rolled out slowly unless you go looking for it.

I have it too, but I couldn't remember when it was released because I have been through some of the Inside builds. Confused as usual there's been too much going on.

PC_Ace
December 11th, 2018, 05:12 PM
If you set Screen Snip to operate when you hit the Print Screen button (as I have done just recently) then the ALT+CTRL+PrintScreen toggle does indeed still cut out the dialog box in focus as per earlier experience.
Use the Windows Key+V key to bring up the clipboard item containing your snip for any further processing (or saving to file) as desired.
Cool thing is that now you can synchronise your clips across multiple devices (even sending to your Android smartphone, for example, if you're using the Microsoft Launcher).
BTW, the Windows Logo + Shift + S keyboard combo also invokes the screen snip app.

JCitron
December 11th, 2018, 05:43 PM
CTD during a drive of a big route.

The drivers got stuck, saved the session, exited and on exit there was a CTD. I neglected to catch the assertion error. Something to do with data destroyed before close. Then it CTD'd. I will repeat the same actions again and hopefully get the same result.

lukewc
December 11th, 2018, 06:41 PM
So far 3 times CTD while running sessions. Also after the last update: Build 98463 Ultra texture-spring grass 04 /Seasonal/Full snow is now a built in item and it shows up in RED with a acclimation mark in edit mode in "Paint". checked Content Manager and shows up without a fault, <kuid2:72938:21123:1> . I use this texture on many places in my layout, now NOT showing!
Have done a database rebuilt without any result.

Luke

clam1952
December 11th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Tried open for edit then revert to original?

lukewc
December 11th, 2018, 08:27 PM
Tried open for edit then revert to original?

Yes have done, but doesn't let me revert to original!

Tony_Hilliam
December 11th, 2018, 10:21 PM
If it is showing faulty, then it unfortunately needs to be repaired (and is quite likely the cause of your crashes). The next step is running trainzutil - repairdatabase extended

https://support.trainzportal.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/36/8/extended-database-repair

pware
December 11th, 2018, 10:32 PM
Beta 98492???

I just started TRS19 and up popped a message to download a new patch to 98492. 19MB in size less than a minute to download and install.

Testing now.

Stated without an assertion or CTD unlike my initial start of the previous beta. Running Sebino Lake session. so far very good.

JCitron
December 11th, 2018, 10:32 PM
Beta 98492???

I just started TRS19 and up popped a message to download a new patch to 98492. 19MB in size less than a minute to download and install.

Testing now.

I was just going to ask the same question!

I ran a DBR just in case.

Off to test as well.

hiawathamr
December 11th, 2018, 10:33 PM
Same here.. it showed up after I entered the game. I take a cleanup update or something

Tony_Hilliam
December 11th, 2018, 10:35 PM
yes - a couple of necessary fixes;
one for multiplayer, one a crash fix for pfx.
New RC2 thread has been opened.