PDA

View Full Version : Database rebuild fail



RikFish
November 29th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Anybody having issues with database rebuild?

TRS19 build 98149. Can't finish rebuild. Stuck at "Checking for faulty assets (474407/474407)" Looks like it has checked everything but stuck on closing. Re-install? I've set the PC so it won't sleep to see if it will ever finish. CPU running at about 20% memory 3.4%. No disk activity.

Thanks Rick

JCitron
November 29th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Rick,

This is a second attempt at a reply because I lost my internet connection then my lights in the middle of typing the other!

While running the repair, check if one of those assertion errors have popped up. If they do appear, that will cause the repair to stop. Clearing the error, get a screen capture first before you do, by continuing will allow the repair to finish.

As I started to say at the time, that had just occurred on me while doing a repair and when I saw your post I'd thought to mention it to you.

RikFish
November 29th, 2018, 05:58 PM
John -
Thanks for the reply. No assertions. Just usual quick appearing rebuild until what looks like the very end, 474407/474407 checked then the hang. I'll let it sit as something is going on with the CPU if not re-install.
Rick

JCitron
November 29th, 2018, 06:49 PM
OK... Keep watching and see what's up. There are some assets that are really big and that can cause the repair process to sit.

Is everything OK with your hard drive?

Low space, or other things, can cause stuff like this too to occur.

I noticed too that keeping my drives defragged is a number one issue with this program. I don't have my data on an SSD and only on large hard disks.

RikFish
December 3rd, 2018, 12:09 PM
:o Fixed. It was a copy of ECML Edinburgh Dundee. I had been playing around with it and saved a version for further activity. The challenge was to get access to assets since Content Manager would not open as the data base rebuild would not finish. I removed the local and original files from the build folder and replaced them with empty folders to try to get the data base rebuild to finish. It did and what I had was a basic version with only built-in assets. Since I suspected the altered built in route as the culprit, the idea was to find it in the saved local and original folders that were now outside the game. Searched for all my KUID .tzarc files. Noted the lastest dated one was the same size, 398mb, as the original route it had been created from. Deleted that .tzarc file copied the folders back into TRS19 and the data base rebuild finished and I am now chugging along.

NOTE: Do Not mess with the permissions portion of the config file. I had deleted it to see if I could merge the route with another smaller one. I was able to submit the changes to the route's config file but then the data base rebuild hung and I couldn't fix anything until I deleted the hacked file. Never agin!!

martinvk
December 3rd, 2018, 03:34 PM
I had the same no-finishing issue recently after making some major changes to the same route. I just used a backup to replace the database files from before my mucking about. I know, a bit brute force but we had guests over and I couldn't stay in front of my computer. I like your more precise surgery but it does appear to be more work.

RikFish
December 3rd, 2018, 08:50 PM
I was lucky to find it. I'm not that familiar with .tzarc files but took a chance and it luckily worked for me. Others may not be so fortunate.
Rick