PDA

View Full Version : ECML TRS19 build 97556

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 2nd, 2018, 11:52 AM
Latest version of ECML is still broken.

https://i.postimg.cc/wMv4ckBY/2018-11-02-161307.jpg

shaneturner12
November 2nd, 2018, 11:56 AM
Have you submitted a bug report including that screenshot (and possibly details of where it is on the route)?

Shane

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 2nd, 2018, 01:31 PM
Nope, fed up of banging my head against a brick wall.

And being told the problem is easily fixable by the player.

KotangaGirl
November 2nd, 2018, 01:51 PM
This often happens when transfering routes between versions, but the difference is that this is an official route and it was transferred to TS2019 by N3V so it should have been corrected before being released.

Tony_Hilliam
November 2nd, 2018, 02:31 PM
It's actually been fixed (a couple of times). It appears that the build/packaging process is re-breaking it. I have checked the internal version and the packaged version and they are different.
Thanks for the heads up (we have the location from the previous breakage).

JCitron
November 2nd, 2018, 03:41 PM
Tony,

Before the route is uploaded again, have someone go through it again. I ran the route yesterday and found a few things that need a bit of attention.

1) Floating roads and track. This is obvious with shadows underneath them. Maybe replacing the track with something with deeper ballast will solve that. Roads need some tamping down.

2) Located about 14-15 miles out of Kings' Cross there is a sawtooth cutting. Someone needs to run the smooth/level terrain tool along those lumps to reduce the sharp edges.

3) Located about 18 miles out of King's Cross on the left near a road over bridge, is a floating warehouse that needs to be set into the ground.

There is probably more, but I had to run to the market yesterday before they closed and didn't complete my run. My recommendation is to have someone "walk" the line in Surveyor and go over it. It's these little dumb things that get missed that ruin a route no matter how much hard work is done by the creator.

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 4th, 2018, 06:57 AM
I had roads hovering so far off the terrain, they could be called UFO's.

And the level crossing barriers\gates still drop or close after the player loco is on the crossing.

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 4th, 2018, 07:40 AM
Tunnel just north of Grantshouse, heading south with Freightliner service.

Entering northern end of tunnel, big kink in the track bed.

Exiting tunnel, there is a big structure across the tunnel mouth.

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 4th, 2018, 10:50 AM
Tunnel southern exit piccie.

https://i.postimg.cc/Vs75PPCY/2018-11-04-143842.jpg

N3V i hope the Edinburgh - Dundee section is able to merge with the main route.

It is the only payware route i am interested in for Trainz.

Tony_Hilliam
November 5th, 2018, 03:03 AM
Update:
1. QA been unable to reproduce the broken bridges in the latest version which is: <kuid2:154322:101483:23> ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh
(my quick test the other day may have been the old build, or we have an intermittent issue).

It is interesting to note that your screenshot shows no catenary which indicates that the loading has not completed. (the catenary end shortly after signal 407 where this bridge is loacted). This is a known issue we're working on and it is possible that this is related to your bridge not attaching correctly.

Can you please advise if you have version 23 installed.

2. The tunnel is definitely collapsed. Repair crew sent to rectify!

3. For the issues with cuttings/warehouses - please provide nearby signal # rather the milepost so we know exactly where you are referring to

4. Road splines - best solution requires an update that turns the road into a "bevelled" object to hide the shadow artifacts

5. And the level crossing barriers\gates still drop or close after the player loco is on the crossing.
>> Is this new behaviour? If so, when was it working last.

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 6th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Update:
1. QA been unable to reproduce the broken bridges in the latest version which is: <kuid2:154322:101483:23> ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh
(my quick test the other day may have been the old build, or we have an intermittent issue).

It is interesting to note that your screenshot shows no catenary which indicates that the loading has not completed. (the catenary end shortly after signal 407 where this bridge is loacted). This is a known issue we're working on and it is possible that this is related to your bridge not attaching correctly.

Can you please advise if you have version 23 installed.
<kuid2:154322:101483:23> ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh

2. The tunnel is definitely collapsed. Repair crew sent to rectify!
:hehe::hehe:

3. For the issues with cuttings/warehouses - please provide nearby signal # rather the milepost so we know exactly where you are referring to

4. Road splines - best solution requires an update that turns the road into a "bevelled" object to hide the shadow artifacts
Also needs lowering, unless you want the bevel to be 6 inches deep.

5. And the level crossing barriers\gates still drop or close after the player loco is on the crossing.
>> Is this new behaviour? If so, when was it working last.
Never worked properly in TRS19, reported as bug earlier.

I also enabled traffic, but a few crossings are non functional. Cars cross the railway at will.
A route really needs moving traffic, to give it life.

All catenary components disabled in CM, i run the route as pre-1976.

Mike.

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 6th, 2018, 07:33 AM
Also why doesn't CM allow me to save my cloned ECML, to a cdp file please ? :confused:

Mike.

Tony_Hilliam
November 6th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Also why doesn't CM allow me to save my cloned ECML, to a cdp file please ? :confused:

Mike.

Unfortunately .cdps are limited to ~800MB. We have a task in to allow split files, but it is one of those things that takes a substantial amount of time for a small(ish) percentage of routes.

HPL
November 7th, 2018, 05:40 AM
Unfortunately .cdps are limited to ~800MB.

Since TRS 2019? .cdp files over 800 MB are frequent for dependency packs.

Tony_Hilliam
November 7th, 2018, 05:47 AM
Since TRS 2019? .cdp files over 800 MB are frequent for dependency packs.

I'm not sure I understand your point. You can have more than one pack of dependencies, just no more than ~800MB in one .cdp (this info may be out of date - Chris is off sick so I can't confirm right now).

HPL
November 7th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Two examples: "Route Romania" from Trainz Premium Routes by okhiu, session deps2.cdp is 1.5GB, session deps3.cdp is 1.08GB,

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 7th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Unfortunately .cdps are limited to ~800MB. We have a task in to allow split files, but it is one of those things that takes a substantial amount of time for a small(ish) percentage of routes.

Thanks very much for the reply Tony.

For some strange reason ECML as supplied is just under 800mb in CM.

When cloned it then nearly doubles in size to 1.5gb.

That is just the process of creating the cloned route.

Without any additions or changes to the route bing made in Surveyor.

Mike.

shaneturner12
November 7th, 2018, 11:51 AM
Can I ask why you're cloning since it should be editable anyway in TRS19 (you should be able to do a save as from Surveyor)?

Shane

heimdall
November 7th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Can I ask why you're cloning since it should be editable anyway in TRS19 (you should be able to do a save as from Surveyor)?

Shane

Were i have seen comments in posts, I had always assumed 'Save As' and 'Clone' were the same thing it was just terminology.

I have yet to see the clone option, so just wondered in Trainz what is the difference?
Gordon

JCitron
November 7th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Were i have seen comments in posts, I had always assumed 'Save As' and 'Clone' were the same thing it was just terminology.

I have yet to see the clone option, so just wondered in Trainz what is the difference?
Gordon

It's the context of the action.

Save as occurs when a route is edited within Trainz its self whereas clone occurs when an asset is replicated in Content Manager. In a sense whenever a built-in or DLC route or session is edited in Trainz Surveyor, it's cloned.

Confused? :)

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 7th, 2018, 05:24 PM
As far as i am aware, ECML which is the route i cloned.

Does not allow the end user to overwrite the route with it's original kuid number.

You are only able to "save as" which creates another route version, with the end users own kuid.

Which basically is the same as cloning, in my mind.

Mike.

SailorDan
November 7th, 2018, 05:31 PM
You are only able to "save as" which creates another route version, with the end users own kuid.
So which one did you do - Save As or Clone?

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 7th, 2018, 06:29 PM
Clone the route in CM, before making any alterations to it.

Mike.

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 9th, 2018, 03:05 PM
Tunnel portal too low, just north of signal D96

https://i.postimg.cc/zfK7vT9j/2018-11-09-182255.jpg

SailorDan
November 9th, 2018, 03:18 PM
Clone the route in CM, before making any alterations to it.
Why? You can edit the route in Surveyor and then save it.

clam1952
November 9th, 2018, 06:00 PM
Why? You can edit the route in Surveyor and then save it.

Both work, user choice I would say.

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 9th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Yup, just my choice boys.

SailorDan
November 9th, 2018, 07:21 PM
Yup, just my choice boys.
OK. But you won't say why you chose to do it that way. What's the secret? What were you trying to achieve?

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 10th, 2018, 06:58 AM
Sorry boy, but i don't understand what you are getting at.

Clone is a straight copy of the route, so i prefer that as a starting point.

Mike.

pware
November 10th, 2018, 07:40 AM
If you are already in CM then using cloning makes sense. If you have the route already loaded in Surveyor, then Save As makes sense.

Plus in Surveyor you can use Save As on both the route and session at the same time with the new session automatically linked to the new route saving extra steps in CM (editing the coned session config.txt file to point it to the new cloned route kuid).

SailorDan
November 10th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Sorry boy, but i don't understand what you are getting at.
This is your statement: "For some strange reason ECML as supplied is just under 800mb in CM. When cloned it then nearly doubles in size to 1.5gb."
The response to that would be "Then don't clone it. Just save it from within Surveyor". For some reason that seems to be not suitable. Why not? What are you trying to achieve? What does cloning do for you that saving from within Surveyor doesn't do?

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 10th, 2018, 06:01 PM
You would probably end up with the same size file.

Saving the route in Surveyor, as happens with cloning.

SailorDan
November 10th, 2018, 06:23 PM
You would probably end up with the same size file.
Do you or don't you? If the size is important (why?) then presumably it is worthwhile finding out.

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 10th, 2018, 06:26 PM
Just tried "Save As" in Surveyor. Makes no difference to the size, the route still ends up nearly twice the size with no modifications carried out.

Plus to clone it in CM, takes about a 20th of the time, saving in Surveyor does.

https://i.postimg.cc/bYC584ff/ecml.png

PharmboyNorth
November 10th, 2018, 07:07 PM
FWIW

The 500+ mb difference in file sizes is due to 1 file - mapfile.map. This is probably used by TRS19 to ascertain that you do indeed own and have installed the original payware.

Another advantage of cloning in CM is to modify multiple sessions (after cloning these as well if desired) by changing the map link inside the config files of each session. You could then disable all the original routes/sessions to lessen the clutter and confusion when browsing the routes using the Installed option. Yes, I tested and the modified route can still be edited/driven.

This is such a nice but overdue option provided to honest purchasers of their DLC. Now to figure out how to untangle the mess of all the assets which are inadvertently updated and suddenly classed as payware as well.

Glenn

lovetrainzloathen3v
November 10th, 2018, 07:28 PM
Yup that is what i usually do Glenn, clone the sessions.

Then point them at the cloned route.

Mike.

pware
November 16th, 2018, 08:32 AM
ECML on the latest build, 97923, runs like a dream!