PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for North American intermodal car content.

JonMyrlennBailey
November 1st, 2018, 03:55 AM
Must be compatible w/ TS12 and have North American couplers and for standard gauge use.

The articulated intermodal cars would be prefered. Those with double-stacked loads would look even cooler.

Can't seem to find any via the DLS on CM. Only British models, BR FEA wagons.

Update: I think I found what I need under the search term "wellcar". Dave Snow has some. I noticed some need the load content to be downloaded separately.
I'll see how these go.

JCitron
November 1st, 2018, 10:02 AM
Jointed Rail also has some as well including a lot of scenery containers which you could probably use as well.

boc61
November 1st, 2018, 11:55 AM
Search "Gunderson" on the DLS and you'll also see btvfd's reskins.

JonMyrlennBailey
November 1st, 2018, 09:53 PM
I tried downloading some of Gunderson's content, but some of the dependencies were missing with a question mark: Unknown Location.

I found and successfully downloaded and added some non-articulated wellcars with yellow TTX/Trailer Train markings by josheh. Some were empty, some were double stacked and others had single container loads. These will still work great as a I have an industrial siding with an intermodal station, an animated workling container forklift by vulcan and some intermodal truck trailers by btvfd to use with my various Freightliner/Columbia/Classic/FL Day Cab tractors by yukonzoom and Kenworth tractors by willem2. Btvfd's intermodal container trailers aren't scaled well to any of the tractors as there is a big gap between the trailer kingpin (hitch) area and the fifth wheel plate on the tractors but they will do: they don't look too horrible at a distance. Washbash/Duraplate 53' trailers, and I have numerous models, by davesnow scale much better with my various author's tractor content. Thank's Dave!

Incidentally I just learned a new term: wellcar. When I had Googled 'intermodal railcar' to see if there was another name for them, the word wellcar was introduced and I was able to use 'wellcar' to find more intermodal train content via the DLS. I think the Brits and Aussies use a different type of car (or wagon) to handle container loads than does American roads. I once saw a video of some young boys who jumped trains for kicks like hobos. The wellcars with no floors unlike boxcars are very dangerous to ride on and the freight jumpers had to tie themselves firmly to the car's sides with belts or ropes or experience sudden violent death from falling into the menacing fast-moving rail ties below. Plus the open wellcars provide no shelter from harsh weather.

JCitron
November 2nd, 2018, 12:24 AM
Check here for more trailers:

https://socaltrains.weebly.com/

Socal Trains.

JonMyrlennBailey
November 2nd, 2018, 01:29 AM
Thanks for sharing this extra Trainz stuff download site, John. It will give me something to do on spare time to look over possible content that I've been missing all along.