PDA

View Full Version : To TRS19 developers

samplaire
September 22nd, 2018, 03:27 PM
Hi,

Is it possible to make those ugly green-red arrows to relatively smaller (or invisible when you are, say in driver no hud mode) when you are close to a lever? Nowadays, in the times of detailed graphics you would like to observe an animated lever indicator working but it is almost impossible due to the fact the arrows are on the whole screen (and the animation starts right after your sets the junction so there is no time to move your mouse somewhere else). Sometimes it is almost impossible to do a good close-up screenshot because you have to run your mouse pointer to an edge of the screen not to see the arrows. I know my screenshot is in the surveyor mode but it is the same in driver. And when working with procedural tracks having arrows is pointless (you see how a junction is set with the junction blades). There could be a tag to set the arrows on/off in the apropriate lever asset config.
https://i.postimg.cc/ZnHYfdXf/lever.jpg (https://postimg.cc/GTB1tHLY)

Who agrees with me?

shaneturner12
September 22nd, 2018, 03:33 PM
Have a look under the session rules in Surveyor for Set Helper Icon Size (if it's present in TRS19 - if not it's on the DLS).

Shane

samplaire
September 22nd, 2018, 04:01 PM
THank you! I was not aware of the existence of such rule! It helped a lot but still the arrows are huge. I set it to the smallest value of 5 (the sentence there is confusing, I first understood it as the bigger number, the bigger reduction).

https://i.postimg.cc/N0Y73hn5/lever2.jpg (https://postimg.cc/nXRDmWpJ)

Vern
September 23rd, 2018, 02:15 AM
TBH these arrows are a throwback to the early days of Trainz 1.0 and UTC. With procedural track now becoming the norm (I know the OP's excellent "SAM" tracks haven't been upgraded yet) it is easy to see how the points lie. Certainly no need for the arrows to be so intrusive in Surveyor, you just need a discrete indication that the junction lever/motor has taken correctly.

PC_Ace
September 23rd, 2018, 02:50 AM
Another thing to look forward to is that you should soon be able to switch junctions/ change the points from the new Track Profile HUD, just as you can using the venerable 'TrackView Rule' from klausm in earlier versions of Trainz.
This should allow most of us to remove the arrows from the junctions in Driver mode most of the time...

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
September 23rd, 2018, 10:26 AM
Hmm didn't know about that rule either, will get it today!

cascaderailroad
September 23rd, 2018, 11:01 AM
Mine look like this:
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/Screen_001_zps0606194c.jpg

JCitron
September 23rd, 2018, 11:17 AM
Another thing to look forward to is that you should soon be able to switch junctions/ change the points from the new Track Profile HUD, just as you can using the venerable 'TrackView Rule' from klausm in earlier versions of Trainz.
This should allow most of us to remove the arrows from the junctions in Driver mode most of the time...

Yes Tony said this will be coming back at some point. I remember it worked in the earlier releases but was removed for some reason.

Did you notice the addition to the route profile?

We now have grades showing at the bottom of the profile.

samplaire
September 23rd, 2018, 01:56 PM
Mine look like this:

Have you added anything special like your own arrows?

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
September 23rd, 2018, 02:34 PM
Yeah just tried out that junction arrow resizing mod and it doesn't work if you save a session and come back to it later. They just default back to the normal size. I love those arrows shown above though. Why did they stop using them? They are a brilliant idea and a whole lot less bulky than the other ones.

cascaderailroad
September 23rd, 2018, 04:11 PM
Nobody else in the world has them, and it was done by hacking and cracking and modifying a JA, and N3V hates my idea as it would make the game too hard to operate for newcomer beginners
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/Screen_001_zps0606194c.jpg (http://s525.photobucket.com/user/cascaderailroad/media/Screen_001_zps0606194c.jpg.html)

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
September 23rd, 2018, 05:03 PM
Really? Other games don't have them at all and people use them fine so how does making them like that make the game harder to play even for a newbie?

PC_Ace
September 23rd, 2018, 05:18 PM
Previously, before we had procedural track and animated points, it was otherwise impossible to tell which way a switch was turned.
Now you can certainly see close up (just as in real life) the setting of the points, but more distant junctions still require some sort of indicator.
Once this is transferred to the Track Profile HUD, and junctions ahead can be switched from there, all will be more blissful and contented! ;)

Vern
September 24th, 2018, 02:13 AM
Really? Other games don't have them at all and people use them fine so how does making them like that make the game harder to play even for a newbie?

Because 99% of driving in Trainz is still free roam unlike other sims where the AI sets the route ahead of your train without having to resort to custom scripts, rules or commands or understanding the intricacies of interlocking towers!

RailFan500CA
September 24th, 2018, 09:51 AM
Previously, before we had procedural track and animated points, it was otherwise impossible to tell which way a switch was turned.

But when looking back at TS2009 and TRS2006,there was animated points to,such as andi06's JK sets which had a LOT of versions,and crossovers to... but there were a pokey setup,but they made up for that with having multiple skins for them,including some that matched up with the old HP Trainz tracks.

There was also three pieces built-in to TRS2006,and TS2009/2010,but they only matched up with one track,as shown in the screenshots below,and they did not have giant arrows above them,but tiny ones above the junction lever...

http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/801903/screenshots/86379/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpghttp://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/801903/screenshots/86380/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpghttp://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/801903/screenshots/86381/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

pitkin
September 24th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Hi,

Is it possible to make those ugly green-red arrows to relatively smaller (or invisible when you are, say in driver no hud mode) when you are close to a lever? Nowadays, in the times of detailed graphics you would like to observe an animated lever indicator working but it is almost impossible due to the fact the arrows are on the whole screen (and the animation starts right after your sets the junction so there is no time to move your mouse somewhere else). Sometimes it is almost impossible to do a good close-up screenshot because you have to run your mouse pointer to an edge of the screen not to see the arrows. I know my screenshot is in the surveyor mode but it is the same in driver. And when working with procedural tracks having arrows is pointless (you see how a junction is set with the junction blades). There could be a tag to set the arrows on/off in the apropriate lever asset config.

Who agrees with me?

I agree with you.

I also think the animated driver pictures in driver mode are hideous. They move their heads as though they have some major neurological disorder. Their eyes look demonic, like Jack Nicholson in "The Shining"

cascaderailroad
September 24th, 2018, 10:42 AM
I never could understand why there was a junction red circle, and a red arrow ... when just a simple green arrow would do sufficiently ... this goes for the train direction arrow, why is there a red arrow, when just a simple green arrow would do sufficiently ?

RailFan500CA
September 24th, 2018, 11:12 AM
I also think the animated driver pictures in driver mode are hideous. They move their heads as though they have some major neurological disorder. Their eyes look demonic, like Jack Nicholson in "The Shining"

I agree with that 110%. Some of the "Drivers" (Being very,very,very sarcastic with the "drivers" part.) look like they just came fresh out of the grave yard...:hehe:
But N3V just had to turn the good old drivers (Such as Willie the gimp,one of the only drivers that would fit altodave's ATSF and UP 0-6-0's,which philskene updated the UP 0-6-0.) into the demonic zombies that N3V thought would make "GREAT" drivers! (No,just no.).

So now there is no drivers that fit the UP and ATSF 0-6-0's in TRS2019 now...:( I just wish N3V would scrap those demonic zombie "Drivers" and put back the old ones... or even at least give people an option to go back to the old ones.

But for now,Rest In Peace,Willie the gimp...

(On a side note,since so many people are complaining and hate the zombie drivers that were born and raised by the devil himself,lets put them back in the grave yard,where they belong.:hehe:)

GDennish
September 24th, 2018, 02:56 PM
I believe the right kuid for it in content manager is <kuid:570470:100001> Junction Overlays. I bet with some modification they could be eliminated, not sure how it would be resized though.

JCitron
September 24th, 2018, 03:21 PM
I believe the right kuid for it in content manager is <kuid:570470:100001> Junction Overlays. I bet with some modification they could be eliminated, not sure how it would be resized though.

Rescale the images of the arrows to something smaller?

To eliminate them, make them invisible with 100% transparency. They're still there but only in placeholder fashion and not visible to the user.

pitkin
September 24th, 2018, 03:41 PM
I agree with that 110%. Some of the "Drivers" (Being very,very,very sarcastic with the "drivers" part.) look like they just came fresh out of the grave yard...:hehe:
But N3V just had to turn the good old drivers (Such as Willie the gimp,one of the only drivers that would fit altodave's ATSF and UP 0-6-0's,which philskene updated the UP 0-6-0.) into the demonic zombies that N3V thought would make "GREAT" drivers! (No,just no.).

So now there is no drivers that fit the UP and ATSF 0-6-0's in TRS2019 now...:( I just wish N3V would scrap those demonic zombie "Drivers" and put back the old ones... or even at least give people an option to go back to the old ones.

But for now,Rest In Peace,Willie the gimp...

(On a side note,since so many people are complaining and hate the zombie drivers that were born and raised by the devil himself,lets put them back in the grave yard,where they belong.:hehe:)

There are several things that could be done:

1) Forget the whole ill-conceived idea
2) turn the characters sideways so they are not looking at you
3) if you must have them facing forward, then have them wear sunglasses
4) also give then a healthy complexion

PC_Ace
September 24th, 2018, 04:46 PM
shaneturner12 was right when he mentioned 'Set Helper Icon Size' - <kuid:-25:791> - it is a built-in in TRS2019 (and T:ANE) and allows you to set the size of the arrows over junctions as a % of their default size.
A side-benefit of this is that the green bar overlays showing loading status over wagons during loading and unloading operations - and the commodity levels available at interactive industries - are also reset to your preferred, smaller size.
To use this Rule, simply add it to your session in Session Edit mode - Go to 'Edit Session Rules' (Add the Rule and Edit it to show, say 50%) and then click the tick to save, then save your session on exit.

samplaire
September 24th, 2018, 07:01 PM

MAESTRO! Thank you, thank you!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/fRxHvqkf/vvv.jpg (https://postimg.cc/G4mJLQF4)

GDennish
September 24th, 2018, 10:27 PM
Rescale the images of the arrows to something smaller?

To eliminate them, make them invisible with 100% transparency. They're still there but only in placeholder fashion and not visible to the user.

Reason I said this was because the icons themselves were quite small already, the textures themselves didn't have a relation to the scale in-game. That's where the other asset PC_Ace mentioned.

ecco
September 25th, 2018, 10:19 AM
MAESTRO! Thank you, thank you!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/fRxHvqkf/vvv.jpg (https://postimg.cc/G4mJLQF4)
What is the name/kuid of the switch lever you are using?

p-dehnert
September 25th, 2018, 10:25 AM
It's probably one of these:
<kuid:132952:199015> SAM L-L Lever-Mech-Ind
<kuid:132952:199016> SAM R-L Lever-Mech-Ind
<kuid:132952:199017> SAM R-R Lever-Mech-Ind
<kuid:132952:199018> SAM L-R Lever-Mech-Ind
They were uploaded to the DLS yesterday.

Peter

CJ187
September 25th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Thank you Samplaire!
Can't play without your tracks!
Please next update your groundtextures <3

buci
September 25th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Hey - tell me how to hide them ?

Regards
Darko

Vern
September 26th, 2018, 02:18 AM
Sam - off at a tangent, does this mean you are updating some of your (excellent) track splines to procedural and/or TRS2019 standards? If so, that would be great.

samplaire
September 26th, 2018, 08:19 AM
Hey - tell me how to hide them ?

Regards
Darko
If you ask me - open the mentioned asset, change all texture files to tga+txt (images2tga by pev), next edit all the tga files to make them transparent.

samplaire
September 26th, 2018, 08:22 AM
Sam - off at a tangent, does this mean you are updating some of your (excellent) track splines to procedural and/or TRS2019 standards? If so, that would be great.
Yes! 5 are probably on DLS now. And there will be more but not that wide range as the old ones - i have not that much time. A, they are not updates, they have their unique kuids. I dont want anybody to be forced to use procedural tracks.

samplaire
September 26th, 2018, 08:24 AM
Thank you Samplaire!
Can't play without your tracks!
Please next update your groundtextures <3
i will, but it’s more complicated due to different behaviour in game. I’m experimenting with ground textures but the results are not satisfying me yet.

samplaire
September 26th, 2018, 08:28 AM
And as always, I try to make a user’s life easier. If you wish to find the new tracks in surveyor or CM just type ‚sam proc’ and you’ll find them AND the corresponding levers found in trackside tab �� and the levers are TANE compatible!

CeeBee
September 26th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Now if only there was an easy way to turn of those garish looking red circle and arrows in Surveyor.:(

Vern
September 26th, 2018, 10:02 AM
Thank you Sam!

norfolksouthern37
September 26th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Setting the size of the various overlay items can be done through the shader code. it would be nice if they gave us an option for this so that you don't have to modify them and break patching.

I prefer something around this size

http://jrpcloud.com/files/screenshots/NS_37_5babadd4a15a8.PNG

samplaire
September 26th, 2018, 12:39 PM
What I did was modify the asset and save it with kuid2:xxx:xxx:127 so rather nobody would overwrite it

Ringarooma
September 26th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Of all the changes introduced in TRS19, most of them significant improvements on previous versions, I think that the 'Zombie drivers control panel' is by far the worst for several reasons.

1: It takes up a huge amount of screen space compared with other controls and compared with the previous implementation. Management of screen 'real estate' is vry important when operating the control system.
2: The images of the so-called drivers are well described as 'Zombies', and are much less interesting than the images provided previously. No useful purpose is served by having the images so large. The relationship between the face and the 'name' which appears under it has been broken and is purely arbitrary, and no doubt disappointing to those many people who supplied their images as drivers.
Personally I replace the driver names when I produce the driver schedules in Surveyor, with loco or train descriptors when I create a session - much more useful than the individual loco model instance descriptor, but there is now not enough space to display this and now mouseover functionality to display it in full.
3: The loco image is unnecessarily large as it only indicates general type rather than a unique vehicle in the session.
4: There is not enough space for the full description of the locomotive to be displayed - if there are several of the same type, the full name needs to be displayed as the distinguishing information is the last character: 1, 2, 3 etc.. The full Loco description should display on mouseover.
5. The same comment applies to the description of the schedule command which the loco is currently performing. The previous practice of displaying the Driver Command icon was more intuitive and the full description was displayed on mouseover.
6: The descriptions of the effect of the five 'button' icons is not clear:
- What happens when the driver is removed from the session? Does her/his train simply stop or disappear?
- What happens if the driver 'Gets off the train'?
- What is the functional difference between 'Move to Destination (eg. Locomotive)' and 'Focus on Driver'? The seem to do the same thing.

The size of this control panel in previous versions of Trainz and its unambiguous and helpful mouseover functionality were very effective. Perhaps an implementation similar to the previous version but with a fly-out panel on mouseover to display any additional information would be a much better implementation, but the descriptors of additional functionality need to be clear.

pitkin
September 26th, 2018, 06:16 PM
There are more problems. The icons on the lower right are displayed on whatever background the current route presents. They are hard to see, and too small. (yes, there is some adjustment available, but the icons should have their own background)

Also, the Edit Trains has a check mark, so if it is checked, the fly-out tag should stay enabled until the user unchecks Edit Trains.

KleinArt
October 19th, 2018, 01:00 PM
Hi,

Who agrees with me?

I agree with you!!!

KleinArt
October 19th, 2018, 01:02 PM
Of all the changes introduced in TRS19, most of them significant improvements on previous versions, I think that the 'Zombie drivers control panel' is by far the worst for several reasons.

1: It takes up a huge amount of screen space compared with other controls and compared with the previous implementation. Management of screen 'real estate' is vry important when operating the control system.
2: The images of the so-called drivers are well described as 'Zombies', and are much less interesting than the images provided previously. No useful purpose is served by having the images so large. The relationship between the face and the 'name' which appears under it has been broken and is purely arbitrary, and no doubt disappointing to those many people who supplied their images as drivers.
Personally I replace the driver names when I produce the driver schedules in Surveyor, with loco or train descriptors when I create a session - much more useful than the individual loco model instance descriptor, but there is now not enough space to display this and now mouseover functionality to display it in full.
3: The loco image is unnecessarily large as it only indicates general type rather than a unique vehicle in the session.
4: There is not enough space for the full description of the locomotive to be displayed - if there are several of the same type, the full name needs to be displayed as the distinguishing information is the last character: 1, 2, 3 etc.. The full Loco description should display on mouseover.
5. The same comment applies to the description of the schedule command which the loco is currently performing. The previous practice of displaying the Driver Command icon was more intuitive and the full description was displayed on mouseover.
6: The descriptions of the effect of the five 'button' icons is not clear:
- What happens when the driver is removed from the session? Does her/his train simply stop or disappear?
- What is the functional difference between 'Move to Destination (eg. Locomotive)' and 'Focus on Driver'? The seem to do the same thing.

The size of this control panel in previous versions of Trainz and its unambiguous and helpful mouseover functionality were very effective. Perhaps an implementation similar to the previous version but with a fly-out panel on mouseover to display any additional information would be a much better implementation, but the descriptors of additional functionality need to be clear.

I agree with you!!

KleinArt
October 19th, 2018, 01:09 PM
i will, but itís more complicated due to different behaviour in game. Iím experimenting with ground textures but the results are not satisfying me yet.

Hi Samplaire. I agree with what CJ187 says. Thank you very much for your efforts, which are very appreciated!

Best regards

KleinArt
October 19th, 2018, 01:20 PM
And as always, I try to make a user’s life easier. If you wish to find the new tracks in surveyor or CM just type ‚sam proc’ and you’ll find them AND the corresponding levers found in trackside tab �� and the levers are TANE compatible!

Thank you very much Samplaire! I've been waiting for a long time to find your new tracks that suit TANE and TRS19. It is a joy to see this news!

Best regards

WindWalkr
October 20th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Hi Ringarooma,

You raise some good points, and they probably deserve more attention than just a quick forum post, so I'll keep my response to the ones that I can provide direct answers to:

Whenever a driver is removed from a train, their schedule is cancelled and the train should gracefully stop if it was moving.

The driver is removed from their train, but not immediately reassigned to another train.

- What is the functional difference between 'Move to Destination (eg. Locomotive)' and 'Focus on Driver'?

* "Move to Destination" allows you to move the Driver to a different locomotive (or other drivable object).
* "Focus on Driver" causes your viewpoint to become focused on the Driver's current location object.

kind regards,

chris

KleinArt
October 20th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by samplaire https://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?p=1706239#post1706239) And as always, I try to make a userís life easier. If you wish to find the new tracks in surveyor or CM just type āsam procí and youíll find them AND the corresponding levers found in trackside tab �� and the levers are TANE compatible!

Thank you very much Samplaire! I've been waiting for a long time to find your new tracks that suit TANE and TRS19. It is a joy to see this news!

Best regards

Hi, Samplaire. I was looking for your new tracks through the CM of TRS2019-Early Access and I did not find them. You are working on them and that is why they are not available?

p-dehnert
October 20th, 2018, 01:16 PM
The names of the tracks start with 'SAM Trk -' and have a trainz-build of 4.6 .

Peter

KleinArt
October 20th, 2018, 02:12 PM
The names of the tracks start with 'SAM Trk -' and have a trainz-build of 4.6 .

Peter

Hi Peter. Thank you very much for the clarification that you give me.
I like your creations, so I take the opportunity to ask you if you are preparing something new for TRS2019?

samplaire
October 20th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Dear KleinArt,
Probably the tags are available only inside CM, not when you search dls for my track, I don’t know. Anyway my tracks are on the DLS (still beta, but they are). If you go to dls and choose my nick plenty of tracks and dependencies will pop up. Perhaps if you filter CM with my username and build 4.6 you will find the tracks too. There are also dedicated levers but they are 3.5 build or so. Search for ‚sam lever’

KleinArt
October 20th, 2018, 07:34 PM
Dear Samplaire, thank you very much for your response. Happily I was able to download all your new tracks and levers from the DLS. That for me is a huge joy!
Now, a small suggestion: the checkrails (compared to the frog) are not something short?
Again, I thank you very much and I send you a big hug!
Best regards.

KleinArt
October 20th, 2018, 07:51 PM
i will, but itís more complicated due to different behaviour in game. Iím experimenting with ground textures but the results are not satisfying me yet.

What you say that does not satisfy you, has something to do with the behavior of the new TRS19 textures with the tracks?

I ask you this because I was observing an overlap on the texture of the floor above the track. In addition, in certain sectors the image of that texture appears sectioned. And all that happens with the new tracks and textures offered by TRS2019 Early Access.

Maybe this is useful to guide you better and see that the problem is not in your creation, but in the new that TRS 2019 Early Access presents.

Kind regards

samplaire
October 21st, 2018, 07:29 AM
The problem of the groundtextures you mentioned is reported as a bug and I know they take care of it (I had a detailed e-mail exchange with the team). As for the ground tex- I was not satisfied (and still am) with he light over it. Probably it is due to my little knowledge about the technology. Anyway I have now prepaired 4 ground textures which are compatible with my 4 kinds of track ballast. As for the checkrails - how long are they when you lay a junction? 3 sleepers or 4? It is intended (and in the newest version is) to be stretched over 4 sleepers but I don't know which version is on your machine (I did so many changes from the date of last publishing...). I don't understand the tag checkrail-body-length -for me it is not the length but rather a ratio or something... There are so many factors which you have to watch out that it is very likely to make a mistake during the development process...

samplaire
October 21st, 2018, 09:21 AM
Back to the main topic. I've altered the images in the Junction Overlays asset and I think they are reasonable now. As I'm not the original author I can't upload it to DLS There is no license in the file, either. And I can't create my own asset and point the original in the obsolete-table because it won't work. I bet the bug team is enough busy to disturb them but... Perhaps I should report it as a bug asking to exchange the file in the new builds of TANE and TRS19? How do you think?

https://i.postimg.cc/8Pz4jyfd/sample.jpg (https://postimg.cc/jCBP14XC)

KleinArt
October 21st, 2018, 10:44 AM
The problem of the groundtextures you mentioned is reported as a bug and I know they take care of it (I had a detailed e-mail exchange with the team). As for the ground tex- I was not satisfied (and still am) with he light over it. Probably it is due to my little knowledge about the technology. Anyway I have now prepaired 4 ground textures which are compatible with my 4 kinds of track ballast. As for the checkrails - how long are they when you lay a junction? 3 sleepers or 4? It is intended (and in the newest version is) to be stretched over 4 sleepers but I don't know which version is on your machine (I did so many changes from the date of last publishing...). I don't understand the tag checkrail-body-length -for me it is not the length but rather a ratio or something... There are so many factors which you have to watch out that it is very likely to make a mistake during the development process...

The Build Version of these tracks is 4.6 and the levers is 3.7. In the image you can see how I build the detours: there are 60 meters between the spline points - between the junction and the beginning of the straight line of the detour. For very high speed trains, I give it an even greater distance (up to 80 or 90 meters or more):

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/JuanCaKlic/checkrails%202_zpsnlad4xcm.jpg?t=1540048075

Here it turns out that checkrails cover only 2 sleepers:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/JuanCaKlic/checkrails%201_zpsvtvi3zcg.jpg?t=1540048077

I also uploaded a photo showing the failure of the soil textures of TRS2019:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/JuanCaKlic/Fail%20textures_zpsjdeunzhn.jpg?t=1540048077

I hope you can easily find the solution soon. And that the N3VGames team will want to be in agreement with you, because the tracks that you have created are as they are in Europe and they look fantastic!

Best regards

samplaire
October 21st, 2018, 10:55 AM
Ok, so you have an old version. It now behaves like this (I mean checkrail)

https://i.postimg.cc/5ttJKy1z/smpl.jpg (https://postimg.cc/sMbbvVMf)

As for the groundtexture - I know it, they at N3V, too. it is present for whatever track and whatever groundtexture, no matter it is for TRS19 or Trainz 1.

KleinArt
October 21st, 2018, 10:55 AM
Back to the main topic. I've altered the images in the Junction Overlays asset and I think they are reasonable now. As I'm not the original author I can't upload it to DLS There is no license in the file, either. And I can't create my own asset and point the original in the obsolete-table because it won't work. I bet the bug team is enough busy to disturb them but... Perhaps I should report it as a bug asking to exchange the file in the new builds of TANE and TRS19? How do you think?

https://i.postimg.cc/8Pz4jyfd/sample.jpg (https://postimg.cc/jCBP14XC)

I think that reporting this issue as a bug would be a good idea because they would treat it as one more issue than they have to face. And this is an issue that interests many users.

Those arrows look very good and are not so annoying.

Regards

KleinArt
October 21st, 2018, 10:58 AM
Is this new version available in the DLS?

samplaire
October 21st, 2018, 11:11 AM
not yet. Initially I uploaded many things without first checking if they are bug free. Now before uploading I will check everything (well, at least I'll try). Now there are 30 versions of tracks, 4 ground textures. I should do 10 versions of tracks yet, mainly rusty versions.

KleinArt
October 21st, 2018, 11:55 AM
wonderful! We will be waiting for these news

samplaire
October 22nd, 2018, 02:49 AM
The tracks and groundtextures are successfuly uploaded to DLS. They will soon be available (i guess evening CET). I will also upload them to my site soon.

KleinArt
October 22nd, 2018, 10:45 AM
Thank you! I will look for it in the DLS and I will download it as soon as it is available.

Gentle greetings

cascaderailroad
October 23rd, 2018, 05:09 AM
edit - removed (wrong thread)