September 21st, 2018, 09:31 AM
What is it really?

clam1952
September 21st, 2018, 09:49 AM
Early access to a pre release version.

ColPrice2002
September 21st, 2018, 01:26 PM
Hi,
Think of it as a "gamma" release. the one after the last Beta, but before the general release.
As a result, the core functionality is fine, however, there are some features that are not finished, and some of the content for the final release isn't ready (though it is trickling through).

If you're planning on creating routes or content (including rollingstock) in TS19, using all the visual enhancements, it's fine.

It's frustrating for some, because a number of routes are to be included, but aren't yet ready.

As you can see from philskene's videos, he seem to be enjoying the updates to his routes!

Colin

philskene
September 21st, 2018, 06:42 PM
It's fully functional. It has a limited content set of locomotives and rolling stock. A couple of routes, one of which is an example of the new features. It has a good selection of structures. Most of the assets I've downloaded from the Download Station work just fine.

What it does allow you to do is experiment, play and fiddle with the new TRS19 tracks, PBR textures and the TurfFX grasses. And be impressed with the lighting effects. I've just posted a video, see here, of early morning:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?148501-TRS19-yet-another-short-video

All in all, it's very impressive, a giant leap forward over all previous versions of Trainz.

Phil

Alco_P-A
September 21st, 2018, 11:08 PM
So it's a short version of the final release?

JCitron
September 21st, 2018, 11:21 PM
So it's a short version of the final release?

We're almost there, but not quite there yet. There's been another beta release sent out today for checking. There's most likely going to be a few more getting a bit closer releases before the final product.

Vern
September 22nd, 2018, 02:02 AM
Newsletter mentions an update and a route coming (TM) "soon".

Hopefully we will at that point get some more PBR assets and terrain textures, though not holding my breath.

Concept of EA already explained, the only difference with N3V's implementation is the pricing - normally it starts with a lower level which gradually increases if you buy in at a later stage (as more features are added) up to the final release version and price. N3V applied the full ker-ching from the getgo.

boleyd
September 22nd, 2018, 06:36 AM
For a Beta it works well. I am quite confident with devoting time moving routes to the product. In fact much better than the early "official" releases of TANE THE PAIN. However, now might be a good time to roll out a route or a batch of textures.

Now, for the next product what does N3V do for development cash? Perhaps an auction of new routes and assets produced by his crew of contract authors. All Beta of course.

Alco_P-A
September 22nd, 2018, 02:43 PM
What will the box version have to offer compared to the early access or the subscriptions?