PDA

View Full Version : Excessive curve speed/rough handling

ColPrice2002
September 5th, 2018, 03:29 AM
Hi,

Is it possible to edit the parameters for these warnings?
I'd like to reduce the sensitivity of the "rough handling" - it seems that every time the consist crosses a set of points it triggers the "rough handling" message, followed by the "excessive curve speed" one on the turnout.

For the "excessive curve speed", anyone know what the calculation is? Then I can try to set appropriate speed limits...

Cheers,

Colin

JackDownUnder
September 5th, 2018, 03:31 AM
So would I

Hi,

I'd like to reduce the sensitivity of the "rough handling" - it seems that every time the consist crosses a set of points it triggers the "rough handling" message, followed by the "excessive curve speed" one on the turnout.

For the "excessive curve speed", anyone know what the calculation is? Then I can try to set appropriate speed limits...

Cheers,

Colin

JCitron
September 5th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Yeah me as well. This still needs a bit more tweaking and was worse in the closed beta where the message would come up even when driving on smooth track.

ColPrice2002
September 5th, 2018, 02:24 PM
I noticed that the settings had been turned down a bit...
The real problem will be with newcomers to TS19, who keep thinking that they are doing something wrong.
Using the DLC mode, just one mental is sufficient to trigger the message.

If anyone ever uses this feature as a session award we'll all be in trouble!

Cheers,

Colin

SharkNose
September 5th, 2018, 03:35 PM

Or turn them off altogether?

UnumProvident155
September 5th, 2018, 04:10 PM
I don't like them either

Heinrich505
September 5th, 2018, 05:59 PM
Agree.

No matter how gently I drive, I still get those warnings.

Heinrich505

Vern
September 5th, 2018, 06:39 PM
Add me to the petition for it to be user configurable or switchable offable!

Very disconcerting when the message flashes up with a one notch up or down in power, or coasting around a curve at well under line speed...

PGibbons
September 5th, 2018, 06:47 PM
Me too. Need to know more about these settings.
PG

ZecMurphy
September 5th, 2018, 09:25 PM
Hi All
At the moment these can't be adjusted or turned off. We are still looking into these messages, including their sensitivity and how they appear/operate.

PC_Ace
September 6th, 2018, 12:20 AM
Good - 'cos there's no way that I can use the keyboard driving keys to change throttle settings without invoking the nagging reminders at lower speeds. Doesn't matter what the loco is.
And AI drivers are the same - and when I have 20 or more going about their business, that's a lot of messaging traffic.
The curve speeds are more manageable with lower speed limit settings ahead of curves and junctions, but through traffic at junctions shouldn't face such restrictions.

tdstead
October 27th, 2018, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the info, I have given up ,,, can't drop or go up 1 using keyboard with out getting the message with the little VT98 Railbus

Tom

JCitron
October 27th, 2018, 09:05 PM
Yup the messages are still there. How about speeding when doing exactly the posted speed! That's been the latest annoyance, and I've reported this a bug.