PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Replacement

Jayco-man
September 5th, 2018, 12:27 AM
Just moved my route over to TRS2019. Seems like it fared pretty good so far. Tried to use the bulk replacement to replace my old track to TRS 2019 track and it seems not to be working. Is anyone else having the same problem?

gawpo50
September 5th, 2018, 01:14 AM
Just moved my route over to TRS2019. Seems like it fared pretty good so far. Tried to use the bulk replacement to replace my old track to TRS 2019 track and it seems not to be working. Is anyone else having the same problem?

works fine...with textures, track, roads, trees, ect. I know that is no help to you but more to let you know that it works as expected in build #96000 Early Access.

SailorDan
September 5th, 2018, 01:18 AM
What does 'seems not to be working' mean? Are you having trouble setting up the details, or does it fail to replace, replace the wrong things, replace with the wrong things, only replace some things, report an error, or something else?

pware
September 5th, 2018, 02:26 AM
The Bulk Asset Update/Replace tool can only replace "like with like", e.g. single track spline with a another single track spline.

It will not replace:-

objects that are in a locked layer
bridge splines
tunnel splines
multiple track splines
consists/trains
objects of mixed types e.g. replacing splines with non-splines

Jayco-man
September 5th, 2018, 07:04 PM
Not much to tell. Assets to replace, and replace asset with, and say begin. It doesn't do anything, every time I push begin it just kind of flashes and that's it. Does not replace.

pware
September 5th, 2018, 07:44 PM
Can you give specific kuids - what you are replacing and what you are replacing with?

I have come across the odd asset, not in the banned list posted above, that will not replace.

SailorDan
September 5th, 2018, 09:23 PM
Not much to tell. Assets to replace, and replace asset with, and say begin. It doesn't do anything, every time I push begin it just kind of flashes and that's it. Does not replace.
That would indicate that the asset that you are replacing does not exist in the route.

Jayco-man
September 6th, 2018, 01:10 AM
Replaceing JR MS LT Gray Dirty (Terrian) with TRS19 TRK. Jarrah 2-Procedure, but something looks funny when I pull JRs up. Mabe it hasnt been updated yet, I dont know.

SailorDan
September 6th, 2018, 02:00 AM
Replaceing JR MS LT Gray Dirty (Terrian) with TRS19 TRK. Jarrah 2-Procedure, but something looks funny when I pull JRs up.
That won't work. You can only replace an asset that is already included in the route.

Dinorius_Redundicus
September 6th, 2018, 03:17 AM
isnt kind track different from kind procedural track? The kinds must be the same for replacement to work.

euromodeller
September 6th, 2018, 03:35 AM
isnt kind track different from kind procedural track? The kinds must be the same for replacement to work.

If that's the case then that's not good.
I don't own 2019, but if I did, I would expect to be able to change non-protrack to pro-track.

grazlash
September 6th, 2018, 03:42 AM
You can definitely change any track to pro-track with the bulk asset replace tool in trs19
cheers
Graeme

SailorDan
September 6th, 2018, 04:38 AM
It's OK to replace non-procedural track with procedural track. But the non-procedural track selected to be replaced must exist in the route, otherwise nothing will happen.

ColPrice2002
September 6th, 2018, 07:14 AM
I imported a route from TS12 into TS19.
Because the track wasn't in TS19, all I got were the white circles showing where the splines were.

The workaround was to load route into TANE, bulk replace with procedural track, save as CDP, then import into TS19.

Alternatively, make sure that the original track is available in TS19

Colin

Dinorius_Redundicus
September 6th, 2018, 07:38 AM
It's OK to replace non-procedural track with procedural track. But the non-procedural track selected to be replaced must exist in the route, otherwise nothing will happen.

That’s obviously true, but it’s hard to understand why anyone would even try to replace a track that isn’t on the route with another track, or expect a result if they did try. Something doesn’t quite add up.

Jayco-man
September 6th, 2018, 12:03 PM
The track that I'm replacing is in the route, the hole route is with JR track. You mean I have to take out JR track by hand and replace it to TRS 19 by hand? That's not good cause that's a lot of track.

JCitron
September 6th, 2018, 12:42 PM
The track that I'm replacing is in the route, the hole route is with JR track. You mean I have to take out JR track by hand and replace it to TRS 19 by hand? That's not good cause that's a lot of track.

There must be something else wrong because I just replaced two customized tracks that I created and JR CS Concrete Grey with TRS19 Track 1 Procedural - Seasonal all without issue.

SailorDan
September 6th, 2018, 04:22 PM
The track that I'm replacing is in the route
How did you prove that? Did you select the track to be replaced using the selection tool from the replace dialog?
Providing the information in bits and pieces like this makes the problem analysis pretty much guesswork.

Dinorius_Redundicus
September 6th, 2018, 04:53 PM
So here’s another guess. The names of assets are often similar but too long to be fully seen in the title space, so I wonder if the wrong track was accidentally chosen for replacement. It wouldn’t happen if the selection tool in the Replace dialog had been used, but I’m referring to manual selection of tracks from the main asset list.

Vern
September 6th, 2018, 05:34 PM
The procedure works as I used it on my Sulitjelma route makeover and don't recall it falling over. However I do recall in TANE SP2 it didn't always work despite following the correct process and all the assets being present and correctly selected. One of the reasons I went back to SP1 HF4. Didn't notice it in my brief time with SP3. So assuming TRS2019 is the same code base as the earlier installment a similar bug might have crept back in.

One other thing to try is doing this from a clean PC boot and first thing on starting Surveyor, in case there is a memory issue causing the process to fall over. Worth filing a bug report though.

Jayco-man
September 6th, 2018, 11:44 PM
Ok guys I finally got it worked out. Last night I took out a few segments of JRs track and replaced with TRS19 track. Saved and got out not thanking anything about it. Got in today and tried it and it worked, don't know why. Thank for the help.

Dinorius_Redundicus
September 7th, 2018, 12:57 AM
And I don’t think anyone else knows why either.