PDA

View Full Version : Mojave Sub Test

jbaxter1964
August 28th, 2018, 09:15 AM
I know TRS19 is in early access, but because it downloaded in my install as one of my paid DLC, I decided to try a session on the Mojave Sub, specifically the DPU Push. Unlike other sessions I have tried in TRS19, the route in Driver mode quickly became a slide show. Not sure about the actually FPS, but I experienced extreme lag in panning the camera, etc. Eventually I just quit out of the route. Again, other routes and sessions run fairly smoothly. Before I submit a bug report, I would like to see if someone else with TRS19 and the Mojave Sub can test this session and see if they see the same performance. All this could be early access issues, but I want to contribute to testing and bug reporting. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

BTW, my specs:
i7 4790k, 32G ram, GTX1080(OC), TRS19 running on SSD.

Heinrich505
August 28th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Jbaxter,
Iíve only experienced some extreme lag at the very beginning of the DPU Push, but once it loads up, then the session runs without any lag.

The problem Iíve had is that the engines wonít pull the consist in cab mode - they strain and smoke and puff like steam engines and they cannot move. But if I switch to easy mode the engines pull away smooth as glass.

Heinrich505

jbaxter1964
August 28th, 2018, 09:41 AM
Jbaxter,
I’ve only experienced some extreme lag at the very beginning of the DPU Push, but once it loads up, then the session runs without any lag.

The problem I’ve had is that the engines won’t pull the consist in cab mode - they strain and smoke and puff like steam engines and they cannot move. But if I switch to easy mode the engines pull away smooth as glass.

Heinrich505
Thank you! I probably didn’t give it enough time to get past the initial lag. Will retry this evening after work.

JIb228
August 28th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Try restarting your router, and maybe even switching over the a wired Ethernet connection to help reduce lag.

mrjunction
August 28th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Ran DPU Push tonight average frame rate of 30. Ever so perceptible stutter every maybe 10 seconds. Barely worth mentioning. Runs smoothly and looks good! I have a GTX1070 mini under the hood;)

So ran T:ane later. Same session DPU Push with average @ 45-6 frame rates. Very smooth.

nawlins
September 1st, 2018, 10:54 AM
Two more things that can help reduce stutter on large routes.

Reduce your monitor window size from full to something less and also in Driver Settings reduce the minimum draw distance.

Cheers

johnk51
September 4th, 2018, 04:54 PM
When I tried any of the sessions, DPU Push, I couldn't get the 2 engines moving. I started a 1, then 2, up to 6 when it show wheel slippage. And the Bakersfield to Mojave, I couldn't get passed 30mph. The engines don't have any power. In Tane SP3 everything works fine.

blueodessey
September 4th, 2018, 05:25 PM
;) Good info on Frame Stutter reduction,

I have to keep my Settings at minimum, along with modest to medium Tree and large parallel (yard tracks) reduction, and that's because :o I had the brilliant idea of buying a laptop with integrated non NVIdia but an Intel Sys GPU, second dumb mistake never to be repeated again..........:'(

I hadn't given thought to a smaller screen size though, I'll have to try that out and see what happens.........:wave:

johnk51
September 5th, 2018, 01:46 PM
I discovered that Mojave in DCC mode works, but in CAB mode which I use all the time the engines will hardly move. At engine setting 4 2 engines were moving a couple of feet per second. Hope they get it fixed. Other routes I.E. Kickstarter country from tane work fine.

Heinrich505
September 5th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Johnk51,
I discovered the same problem in TANE for the DPU Push. I think they are working on a fix but at that time I was the only one who had reported it. There was no reported fix but there was a workaround. I had the same problem in TRS2019 too.

Heinrich505

brucem56
September 5th, 2018, 04:27 PM
There's more than 1 route with this problem - C&O Hinton - try running the empties session and then try to get your train moving in Cab Mode - impossible. Have to use DCC. I mean seriously, what is the point of even driving a steam engine if you're restricted to DCC?

Heinrich505
September 5th, 2018, 05:57 PM
brucem56,
I did manage to get the consist started while using cab mode in the middle of that horrendous rainstorm where you can't see anything in front of the engine. I had the same problem at first, but then backed way off the settings. That seemed to work.

I set the cutoff at about 10% and the throttle at about 10%, and then cut in the sanders. The engine starts out really slow, just barely moving at first. I gently increased the cutoff to about 18% and then eased the throttle up a little as the engine started to gain speed. I had it up to about 7 mph by the time I got to the end of the yard and was able to speed up as needed after that.

But, my screen showed only the four sliders for cutoff, throttle, and both brakes. There is no slider for coal and water and the mouse-over didn't show me any lever for water. The space bar did open the back of the boiler for coal but you have no idea if any is being loaded - no slider. Ugh.

I submitted a bug report for that.

Heinrich505

brucem56
September 7th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Tks Heinrich505, I will give that a try this wknd.

Frimbo
November 23rd, 2018, 08:21 AM
If there is a Trainz route Hall of Fame, Mojave should be in the inaugural class in my opinion!

It was one of my favorite routes in TS 12. I was disappointed with how it translated into TANE; the crossing gates no longer worked, the sessions had bugs, and the route could not be modified since it was DLC.

N3V now lists the route as available DLC into TRS 19 for those who have purchased it in TANE. Does anyone have experience with downloading this route into TRS 19 as DLC? Do the RR crossing gates work? Is the route locked as payware or is it truly open to modification? Are there new sessions? Do the old ones work?

I don’t have TRS 19 yet, but an updated Mojave may push me over the edge .....

Thanks!

JCitron
November 23rd, 2018, 09:21 AM
If there is a Trainz route Hall of Fame, Mojave should be in the inaugural class in my opinion!

It was one of my favorite routes in TS 12. I was disappointed with how it translated into TANE; the crossing gates no longer worked, the sessions had bugs, and the route could not be modified since it was DLC.

N3V now lists the route as available DLC into TRS 19 for those who have purchased it in TANE. Does anyone have experience with downloading this route into TRS 19 as DLC? Do the RR crossing gates work? Is the route locked as payware or is it truly open to modification? Are there new sessions? Do the old ones work?

I don’t have TRS 19 yet, but an updated Mojave may push me over the edge .....

Thanks!

I'm not sure about the crossing gates, but I don't think so. They were reported way back when the route was ported to T:ANE and never fixed then, and they weren't fixed before when the route came back down for TRS19. The original developer never configured the ATLS crossings properly when the route was originally built for TS12.

Yes in TRS19 you can edit routes and sessions! You can't merge them into other routes, but you can edit them so this is a start in the right direction I think.

Kilrbe3
November 25th, 2018, 10:53 AM
How do we actually get Mojave from 12 over to 19? I read the FAQ and all , and don't see it on DLS. Are we suppose to transfer it over ourselves via Content Mang, or it on DLS and I am blind?

JCitron
November 25th, 2018, 11:36 AM
How do we actually get Mojave from 12 over to 19? I read the FAQ and all , and don't see it on DLS. Are we suppose to transfer it over ourselves via Content Mang, or it on DLS and I am blind?

The Mojave route was never available on the DLS, there are some other versions, but the "official" version was created by Jointed Rail and included as a built-in route in TS12. When T:ANE was released, it was offered as DLC. I can't remember if it was free or not because I beta tested it at the time and got it free. Once you have it in T:ANE, it should automatically install into TRS19.

brucem56
November 25th, 2018, 11:40 AM
I got it with 12. When I purchased TANE, I had to purchase the route again. It is currently on sale in the Trainz Store for $10.

The TANE version has been brought over to TRS19, didn't have to purchase again this time.

Kilrbe3
November 25th, 2018, 12:37 PM
I had the 12 version.. and am not rebuying it just to use in 19 when I'd need to update 99.99% of the assets to 19 standards.

So.. that's a hard fail and pass :(

Buy the T:ANE just to use in 19, when I already own the same bloody route but for 12. Yikes. Who's bright idea was to double dip that sponge? holy cow