PDA

View Full Version : TRS19 - FAQ Thread

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 05:12 PM
If you have any questions, please visit our TRS19 FAQ page (http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs) first. We've also created a page detailing the Early Access options (http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/gold-class-membership-early-access) and what you can expect.

If you do not find your answer or it isn't clear, then please post in this thread and we'll help you out.

celje
August 22nd, 2018, 05:16 PM
Does it mean that you will not answer on questions in thread
Sticky: TRS19 - Early Access Is Coming! (https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?147763-TRS19-Early-Access-Is-Coming!)

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 05:24 PM
I've answered most there (I believe), but this way we can keep things a little neater and tidier for people looking for answers.

chris2001trainz2010
August 22nd, 2018, 05:30 PM
So, can i just buy a One-Year FCT every year like i usually do, or will i be forced to migrate to the subscription service?

Oh, and the discount codes for the subscription service don't work.

ish6
August 22nd, 2018, 05:32 PM
Hi Tony --

Just an observation: can the discount membership in my discount account remain ready to be use anytime of the year!? (For all trainz register users, tho)

Ish

JackDownUnder
August 22nd, 2018, 05:49 PM
I for one will not be taking advantage of TRS19 on a subscription basis, too old at 80 to afford it.
Alternative for me is purchase of the basic system, without the routes as I do not play them anyway.
At the moment this does not appear to be on offer.

celje
August 22nd, 2018, 06:12 PM
I've answered most there (I believe), but this way we can keep things a little neater and tidier for people looking for answers.

For me is very important to get your answer on post #157.

KarenB
August 22nd, 2018, 06:12 PM
If I can't afford food and a monthly subscription for a particular month what happens?

Luv Karen

Forester1
August 22nd, 2018, 06:15 PM
Wish they had let this information out along with the other hype.....

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 06:32 PM
So, can i just buy a One-Year FCT every year like i usually do, or will i be forced to migrate to the subscription service?
Nothing has changed on the store. Nothing is likely to change in the future.

Oh, and the discount codes for the subscription service don't work.
Plenty of people are using their discounts. Perhaps you tried to use your annual discount code on a monthly membership option?

If I can't afford food and a monthly subscription for a particular month what happens?
Guess you will go hungry - depends how addicted you are to Trainz. ;) (Or looking at your sig, maybe skip two beers a month :) )

At the moment this [TRS19] does not appear to be on offer.
You can pre-order on the Trainz Store with access in two weeks.

If i take Gold Class for one ( 1) month then i can download TRS19 early and final release and have TANE Access. After one month all expire, it seems, i lost access to my TANE.
If you own TANE now or any DLC items, you will always own those, even if you subscribe and then cancel.

And more i lost my life FCT because I was agree to take this Gold Class
Your FCT operates normally and is not affected in any way by your subscription status. e.g. If you have 7 months left on your current FCT, use your discount for one month, then cancel. You still have 6 months left on your existing FCT.

can the discount membership in my discount account remain ready to be use anytime of the year
FCT discount codes expire at the end of September.

chris2001trainz2010
August 22nd, 2018, 06:47 PM

Since this answer is so vague i'm going to assume i can in fact just buy an FCT every year like usual.

Plenty of people are using their discounts. Perhaps you tried to use your annual discount code on a monthly membership option?

Apparently the $14 discount only works for the Silver and Gold memberships. There goes that idea.

In case you're not aware, Tony, most people believe a subscription service for a simulator game is a horrid idea, especially at ridiculous prices like these. $100 a year, or, Even worse, $150 a year? No way in hell am i paying that much for something like this. I'll stick to buying a yearly FCT if it means avoiding such a terrible business practice.

--------

In other news...i bought the base TRS19 package for $70 to get the Early Access. So will i get access to all the Built-In content for T:ANE (8 routes and all the fixins') in TRS19, or are those only available via a subscription to the Silver or Gold trainwreck?

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 07:02 PM
I am aware that some people don't like subscriptions. I am also aware that very early on day 1, many more people are purchasing the Gold Class option than the pre-order option (by a significant margin).

I posted in another thread, but it is worth copying here as well so that we're comparing apples with apples:

Traditional Store purchases:
* TRS19 = $69.99
* FCT = $34.99/yr
* One DLC - Trainz Route: Coal Country = $39.99
Total = $145

Gold Class Membership = $149
* TRS19 included
* FCT included
* 75 DLC items included(worth hundreds of dollars)
* Preview Pass included(to enjoy all new DLC items for 14 days per-release)
* Trainz Plus included (access to new Trainz features before anyone else)
* 25% discount code (save 25% off items even when they are already on sale)

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 07:04 PM
I bought the base TRS19 package for $70 to get the Early Access. So will i get access to all the Built-In content for T:ANE (8 routes and all the fixins') in TRS19?

All your TANE built-in items and DLC items will be available in TRS19. The Early Access version is the same whether you get it via pre-order or Gold Class.

chris2001trainz2010
August 22nd, 2018, 07:05 PM
EDIT: Welp, bad timing wins again. Thank you for the clarification.

Lewiscc65
August 22nd, 2018, 07:20 PM

Guess you will go hungry - depends how addicted you are to Trainz. ;) (Or looking at your sig, maybe skip two beers a month :) )

You can pre-order on the Trainz Store with access in two weeks.

If you own TANE now or any DLC items, you will always own those, even if you subscribe and then cancel.

Your FCT operates normally and is not affected in any way by your subscription status. e.g. If you have 7 months left on your current FCT, use your discount for one month, then cancel. You still have 6 months left on your existing FCT.

FCT discount codes expire at the end of September.

I do not know how to mark which of these as BS. My FCT expires in a week and I went to renew. All that I can get is a 7 day at $4.99. That is $20 a month $240 a year. You F***ing kidding me. I have been here a long time and enjoyed the game but that cost is ridicules. I guess in a week I am out of here because I can not work with out the FCT the Dl's are ridiculously slow.

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 07:25 PM
My FCT expires in a week and I went to renew. All that I can get is a 7 day at $4.99.

Problem solved. We had taken the other options down temporarily while we sorted out a few things and they have now been reinstated.

Everything is back the way it was on the store. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh, and also, there is now an option in MyTrainz to get your FCT through the subscription system.

Prices are $3.99 paid monthly or $34.99/yr. When going through this process, the FCT auto-renews on your account.

big_b
August 22nd, 2018, 07:38 PM
Is Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 "Early Access" - Pre-orders (https://store.trainzportal.com/products/trainz-railroad-simulator-2019)

At roughly $95 Aust a full blown game on disk the same as tane was
with all the included new features ?

Can this boxed version shown be used the same way I use my current boxed version of tane now
using my lifetime FCT
Accessing the DLS when required without having anying to do with Monthly membership

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 07:47 PM
The DVD version will be available when official release happens later in the year. It will operate in the same manner as TANE and yes, your FCT works just the same too.

Jayco-man
August 22nd, 2018, 08:18 PM
So at 3.99 a month for 12 months does not come out at 34.99 a year. Looks like 47.88 to me if my math is correct.

celje
August 22nd, 2018, 08:30 PM
Will be the September preorded a digital dl or only dvd box set delivering with post

cascaderailroad
August 22nd, 2018, 08:36 PM
Is Trainz becoming a yearly subscription game ? Much like ModelRailroader Magazine, as soon as you stop paying Kalmbach Publishing for a year subscription, and your yearly subscription runs out, the magazines stop coming ... In this case Trainz will stop functioning after 365 days ?

pcas1986
August 22nd, 2018, 08:38 PM
Tony,
The cost of a gold membership, as explained in post #12, looks attractive but that's only for the first year. New Trainz versions come out roughly every three years, or have done for TS12, TANE and TRS19, so the membership looks less attractive. Do you expect new features, if not new versions, to come out more frequently using this approach?

Cayden
August 22nd, 2018, 08:40 PM
Does NVIDIA Turf Effects work on a Mac? My graphics card is a AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB.

If not, what other features of TRS19 are not Mac compatible?

Cayden

I think not at the moment, and from my experience with SP2 , a unsupported nvidia card such as the GTX 970 just freezes TANE anyway when using the current Nvidia drivers ...... best avoid until the issue is sorted.

dangavel

If NVIDIA Turf Effects does not work on a Mac how will this affect the appearance of routes that rely on NVIDIA Turf Effects?

Can this issue be sorted out in the future given that the turf effect relies on NVIDIA cards?

What other features of TRS19 do not work on a mac?

ish6
August 22nd, 2018, 08:42 PM
Tony,
The cost of a gold membership, as explained in post #12, looks attractive but that's only for the first year. New Trainz versions come out roughly every three years, or have done for TS12, TANE and TRS19, so the membership looks less attractive. Do you expect new features, if not new versions, to come out more frequently using this approach?

This is a superb question!!!

Ish

jgvaughan
August 22nd, 2018, 08:48 PM
Tried to find this is the FAQ but either missed it or it isn't discussed: For those of us that purchased TANE on Steam, that have DLC on Steam that we purchased, how or will that DLC be available if we purchase through this offer or will be be restricted to just the Steam version of the game? If I purchase through this offer what benefit do I have to the Steam version?

Thanks...

WindWalkr
August 22nd, 2018, 09:14 PM
If NVIDIA Turf Effects does not work on a Mac how will this affect the appearance of routes that rely on NVIDIA Turf Effects?

Simply put, it means that Turf Effects won't appear on the Mac. Other effect layers (eg. clutter) and other rendering features (pbr, parallax, etc.) will operate fine, so it's not like you're losing out on all the pretties, but it is a shame, and it's something that we'd like to resolve one way or another in the future.

Can this issue be sorted out in the future given that the turf effect relies on NVIDIA cards?

To be clear: the feature does not rely on nVidia cards. It does require a high-performance gaming GPU, and it likely runs a little better on nVidia GPUs since it's optimised against their hardware, but it doesn't magically disable if you switch to a GPU from one of the other vendors.

The main issue is that TurfEffects is built on DirectX and so is not directly portable to the Mac. nVidia is reviewing their options here, and we'll continue to work with them on this. I can't really give any timelines or promises as to exactly what will eventuate, since it isn't 100% up to us, but suffice to say that as a long-time Mac user it's something that's dear to my heart also.

What other features of TRS19 do not work on a mac?

TurfEffects is the only one that I can think of off-hand. Otherwise, the platform comparison looks much as it did for T:ANE.

As a final note, since Mac GPUs tend to be relatively underpowered for gaming, even if/when we deliver some form of TurfEffects for Mac, we can reasonably expect that a lot of Mac users won't want to switch it on.

chris

WindWalkr
August 22nd, 2018, 09:53 PM

I'll field this one. The short answer is "yes".

The retail-release development model isn't great for us or for the community. It's not like we stop work for "three years" and then suddenly do a few weeks work and release the results. Instead, we're constantly listening to what the community needs, developing new features, and then.. delaying their release until the next product. We can't simply release everything as a free patch, or we'd never make any money, but simply "holding on to what we've built", though necessary from a sales perspective, isn't something that we like to do as fans of the product.

With the subscription model, we are able to release features far more frequently. I won't go into specifics (that's Tony's prerogative) and I'm sure that part of this will come down to feedback from the community, but we're looking at smaller but much-more-frequent releases. Offering a hybrid subscription/retail model allows everyone to make their mind up about whether they prefer the old release model or the new one.

Of course, some features take much longer to develop than others. Support for parallax heightmaps took quite a while to get right, for example. In some cases, that may mean that we offer a technology preview to our users for early experimentation and feedback, rather than jumping straight to a finished, fully-polished release. For other features, it really is a case of spending a month developing and testing the feature and then it's ready for release.

I should probably add that comparing the cost of the Gold subscription straight across to the cost of the retail product is quite misleading; the Gold subscription includes a lot of other benefits which have to be purchased separately under the retail model. It's up to the individual user to decide whether those benefits are unnecessary inclusions, or a whether they amount to a massive increase in value.

chris

pcas1986
August 22nd, 2018, 10:07 PM

Thanks Chris, that's the most interesting post I've read all morning. You answered some questions I thought about asking but didn't. :)

big_b
August 22nd, 2018, 10:16 PM

The retail-release development model isn't great for us or for the community. It's not like we stop work for "three years" and then suddenly do a few weeks work and release the results. Instead, we're constantly listening to what the community needs, developing new features, and then.. delaying their release until the next product. We can't simply release everything as a free patch, or we'd never make any money, but simply "holding on to what we've built", though necessary from a sales perspective, isn't something that we like to do as fans of the product.

With the subscription model, we are able to release features far more frequently. I won't go into specifics (that's Tony's prerogative) and I'm sure that part of this will come down to feedback from the community, but we're looking at smaller but much-more-frequent releases. Offering a hybrid subscription/retail model allows everyone to make their mind up about whether they prefer the old release model or the new one.

Of course, some features take much longer to develop than others. Support for parallax heightmaps took quite a while to get right, for example. In some cases, that may mean that we offer a technology preview to our users for early experimentation and feedback, rather than jumping straight to a finished, fully-polished release. For other features, it really is a case of spending a month developing and testing the feature and then it's ready for release.

I should probably add that comparing the cost of the Gold subscription straight across to the cost of the retail product is quite misleading; the Gold subscription includes a lot of other benefits which have to be purchased separately under the retail model. It's up to the individual user to decide whether those benefits are unnecessary inclusions, or a whether they amount to a massive increase in value.

chris

1) If you opt for the boxed version do you get these new features as they come out or are you stuck with what you purchased ?
2) Say in 24 mths TRS20 is advertised do we go through this whole process again or does the subscription carry on and get upgraded to the new game

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 10:21 PM
1) If you opt for the boxed version do you get these new features as they come out or are you stuck with what you purchased ?
Gold Class members get membership benefits including the Trainz PLUS features. These are released throughout the life cycle of the product.

The boxed version will receive updates that fix existing functionality, but they do not receive all the new features.

2) Say in 24 mths TRS20 is advertised do we go through this whole process again or does the subscription carry on and get upgraded to the new gameGold Class members will have full access to the latest version of Trainz. There may be other tiers of subscriptions added at a later date with fewer or more features.

WindWalkr
August 22nd, 2018, 11:06 PM
Gold Class members get membership benefits including the Trainz PLUS features. These are released throughout the life cycle of the product.

The boxed version will receive updates that fix existing functionality, but they do not receive all the new features.

An alternative way of looking at this:

* People purchasing the product one-off will get exactly what they normally get. Service packs are included free, which will likely introduce some minor improvements but are primarily about resolving compatibility issues and bugs. When we release the next product, these users will need to pay for that new product, at which point they'll receive a whole raft of new features.

* Gold Subscriptions members will receive more frequent updates, including all of the service pack changes plus additional new features. By the time we release the next major product, these users will already have the majority of the new features. Their subscription already covers access to the features, so they won't need to pay anything extra to receive them.

chris

dangavel
August 22nd, 2018, 11:28 PM
Simply put, it means that Turf Effects won't appear on the Mac. Other effect layers (eg. clutter) and other rendering features (pbr, parallax, etc.) will operate fine, so it's not like you're losing out on all the pretties, but it is a shame, and it's something that we'd like to resolve one way or another in the future.

To be clear: the feature does not rely on nVidia cards. It does require a high-performance gaming GPU, and it likely runs a little better on nVidia GPUs since it's optimised against their hardware, but it doesn't magically disable if you switch to a GPU from one of the other vendors.

The main issue is that TurfEffects is built on DirectX and so is not directly portable to the Mac. nVidia is reviewing their options here, and we'll continue to work with them on this. I can't really give any timelines or promises as to exactly what will eventuate, since it isn't 100% up to us, but suffice to say that as a long-time Mac user it's something that's dear to my heart also.

TurfEffects is the only one that I can think of off-hand. Otherwise, the platform comparison looks much as it did for T:ANE.

As a final note, since Mac GPUs tend to be relatively underpowered for gaming, even if/when we deliver some form of TurfEffects for Mac, we can reasonably expect that a lot of Mac users won't want to switch it on.

chris

I just got a RX 580 nitro 8gb and have 60fps on ultra settings- in high sierra running SP3. This is on a 2010 hex core mac pro, - which would have a degree of bottlenecking, a new iMac with the rx 580 8gb GPU should have a similar performance i would have thought. and if you have a Mac laptop with thunderbolt you can use the egpu external boxes to boost their performance.

btvfd
August 22nd, 2018, 11:31 PM
Will my RailDriver work with it? Pob not since Tane SP3 nothing but problems

big_b
August 22nd, 2018, 11:33 PM
More questions
Do i understand this correctly
Bloody US dollars ( why cant they convert )

Yearly Subscription

gold member $149.99/yr or AUST $205/yr
Discount for LT FCT US$24
so gold membership is apporx US$125.99/yr
or in the land of OZ
AUS $173/yr or AUS $14.4/mth
and this is the lifetime subscription price

BTW Wil the amount deducted change with exchange rates ?

And what does access to Tane mean ( Get immediate access to Trainz A New Era. Access continues while you remain a member. ) if you already have it ?

JCitron
August 22nd, 2018, 11:42 PM
The Gold Subscription sounds like a great package, but for me it's financially a bit of a bite at least for now, but regarding this package, what's going to happen to the content on the DLS with disparate TRS2019 versions out there?

Right now T:ANE, like all other Trainz versions prior, is at a set version for the majority of the users that have fully upgraded to SP3. This means that if a content creator releases assets Build 4.6 or whatever the current build is for T:ANE, most people can download the asset easily.

Using your subscription model with many interim versions coming out, does that mean that there will be many, many different TRS2019 versions floating around out there?

If this is true, then there will be a lot of confused and frustrated users because content will not be downloadable into their version. We see this now with TS12 and below users, to a much lesser extent now, but this scenario will only get worse. In the end, this is basically forcing people to upgrade because we now have a moving target that some users will never be able to reach due to the versions forever moving ahead faster than they can upgrade.

Now what happens too if an asset shares the same build-number, but is created in a newer TRS2019 version? Do these assets error out, or do features get disabled?

If this isn't the case, we now have an even larger number of confused and frustrated users because their Content Manager downloads content that will not work unlike now where it will reject content that is newer than the Trainz version installed.

WindWalkr
August 22nd, 2018, 11:47 PM
I just got a RX 580 nitro 8gb and have 60fps on ultra settings- in high sierra running SP3.

TRS19 with all settings fully maxed out is definitely more graphically demanding than the several-year old TANE.

That said, with this kind of rig it's quite likely that you would still get decent performance from TurfEffects - however you must admit that most Mac users are not currently on that kind of rig.

chris

WindWalkr
August 22nd, 2018, 11:56 PM
Using your subscription model with many interim versions coming out, does that mean that there will be many, many different TRS2019 versions floating around out there?

Not really. We typically provide forwards compatibility for new file formats up until the next product release and I don't see that changing.

For example, T:ANE has:
* v3.9 (CE1)
* v4.0 (CE1.1)
* V4.1 (CE1.2)
* V4.2 (TANE Retail)
* V4.3 (TANE SP1)
* V4.4 (TMR)
* V4.5 (TANE SP2)

We're not hearing of many practical problems there. You obviously need to patch up to the latest service pack to maintain compatibility with the latest formats.

Now what happens too if an asset shares the same build-number, but is created in a newer TRS2019 version? Do these assets error out, or do features get disabled?

In many cases the question is irrelevant. If we add a new Surveyor tool, then it matters not at all to somebody loading the route whether they have that tool or not.

Where there is an actual breaking file format change, we endeavour to bump the trainz-build number.

chris

JCitron
August 23rd, 2018, 12:10 AM
Not really. We typically provide forwards compatibility for new file formats up until the next product release and I don't see that changing.

For example, T:ANE has:
* v3.9 (CE1)
* v4.0 (CE1.1)
* V4.1 (CE1.2)
* V4.2 (TANE Retail)
* V4.3 (TANE SP1)
* V4.4 (TMR)
* V4.5 (TANE SP2)

We're not hearing of many practical problems there. You obviously need to patch up to the latest service pack to maintain compatibility with the latest formats.

In many cases the question is irrelevant. If we add a new Surveyor tool, then it matters not at all to somebody loading the route whether they have that tool or not.

Where there is an actual breaking file format change, we endeavour to bump the trainz-build number.

chris

Okay. Thanks that makes sense. Tools of course don't count, but underlying file compatibility does, which is what I'm concerned about.

Vals_Loeder
August 23rd, 2018, 01:39 AM
I am aware that some people don't like subscriptions. I am also aware that very early on day 1, many more people are purchasing the Gold Class option than the pre-order option (by a significant margin).

I posted in another thread, but it is worth copying here as well so that we're comparing apples with apples:

* TRS19 = $69.99
* FCT = $34.99/yr
Total = $145

* TRS19 included
* FCT included

and it still not true. When you cancel the sub you are left with nothing. You are not comparing apples to apples.

Vals_Loeder
August 23rd, 2018, 01:50 AM
An alternative way of looking at this:

* People purchasing the product one-off will get exactly what they normally get. Service packs are included free, which will likely introduce some minor improvements but are primarily about resolving compatibility issues and bugs. When we release the next product, these users will need to pay for that new product, at which point they'll receive a whole raft of new features.

* Gold Subscriptions members will receive more frequent updates, including all of the service pack changes plus additional new features. By the time we release the next major product, these users will already have the majority of the new features. Their subscription already covers access to the features, so they won't need to pay anything extra to receive them.

chris

Until you change the rules of the sub which you can do without consent from the costomer. You can make lots of promises now but are in no way obligated to deliver. Meanwhile raking in the money.

celje
August 23rd, 2018, 02:27 AM
Before i decided what to buy i need to know:

1. Will be the 'September preorded' a digital download too or only dvd box set delivering with post
2. When you cancel the sub you are left with nothing. Does it mean that TRS19 will not be possible to use without subscription

ajrf
August 23rd, 2018, 02:31 AM
Will be possible export content directly from TS2009 to TRS19 (beyond the corresponding trainz-build number change)?

Thanks

WindWalkr
August 23rd, 2018, 02:40 AM
Until you change the rules of the sub which you can do without consent from the costomer. You can make lots of promises now but are in no way obligated to deliver. Meanwhile raking in the money.

For sure. And all our users could cancel their subs, and we'd be left making nothing. Both sides can play that game, neither side has any incentive to do so.

chris

WindWalkr
August 23rd, 2018, 02:46 AM
Will be possible export content directly from TS2009 to TRS19 (beyond the corresponding trainz-build number change)?

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here, but TRS19 is still capable of using content dating back to the original Trainz release, assuming that content was constructed correctly in the first place. So yes, you can export your locally created TS2009 content and import it into TRS19. If you're dealing with third-party content, the best bet would be to grab it from the Download Station, as that will include the necessary source textures and is likely to include updates and fixes that have been made since 2009.

chris

stratustrainz
August 23rd, 2018, 03:06 AM
Hi, I do have another question. If I get a gold subscription right now, and keep it till the final release of TRS19 (Q4 2018) and then cancel it to buy the release version, what will happen to my content, to the routes I'll be creating, what will happen to my save? Would I haveto start all over again?

peghorse
August 23rd, 2018, 03:23 AM
I am a very long term user and past radical fanboi of Trainz.
This forum, was in fact the first I ever participated in.
Long before I gained IT qualifications, long before I began my own 3d design business.
It is with a heavy heart I read the new "subscription" details.
If I can manage to give Autodesk the flick for their "slap in the face and disgusting cash grab"
of dedicated users I can certainly do the same for N3V.
With the greatest respect, I cant believe these people have the gall to pull the subscription stunt.
And might I suggest, :o any proponent of such skullduggery and shoddy treatment of their devoted
clientele hang their head in shame.
WasNiceKnowinYa. :wave:

Tony_Hilliam
August 23rd, 2018, 03:58 AM
From the Adobe website:
Q. Are Adobe creative apps available without a subscription?
A. No, all the latest versions of Adobe creative apps are only available with a Creative Cloud month-to-month or annual plan.

Q. Is TRS19 available without a subscription?
A. Yes. Customers have a choice of the traditional option of purchasing through the Trainz Store, or through the new option of month to month membership that provides a range of additional benefits such as hundreds of dollars of DLC items, FCTs, store discounts and more.

peghorse, could you please explain your comparison of a system with no choice versius a system where you can do exactly the same thing as you did yesterday (or last year or 10 years ago), or chose one of the new options.

It really does puzzle me so this is a genuine question I am keen to know the answer to.

Electro
August 23rd, 2018, 04:15 AM
@Tony Hilliam

I have a LIFE time 1st Class ticket which has around 7078 Days left , So is this still useable for TRS19 ? ?

What does it do to a Gold Class Membership if any thing if i purchased now ? ?

All so If i get early release now how can i get the boxed version ? ?

Is there going to be a Box version ? ?

thanks

E

Davie_UCF
August 23rd, 2018, 04:44 AM
The Gold Class one off payment is the same as the monthly Gold class you're just paying upfront with a small discount right?
You get the same content?

Kinda like paying for your car insurance monthly or yearly.. Yearly is always a little cheaper?

Piere
August 23rd, 2018, 04:50 AM
G'day Tony (Et Al),

Thank you for your time in keeping us as informed as possible about the options available in your latest release.

I don't have any comments about your choice of options or releases as that is your prerogative and, as you say, up to us to decide if it's the one for us or not. I certainly like what I have seen so far.

The only observation that I would like to offer though is the unfortunate consequences of basing the product off a flat, US dollar price. What this means is that the price I need to weigh up for the product I wish to buy is not based on what you have decided it is worth in our particular currency, but rather the vagaries of the stock market at the time I happen to make the purchase (or begin my yearly subscription), and there's a bit of a sense of urgency to it as well, in order to take advantages of any possible discounts available to us.

As a fellow Aussie I know you will be well aware that things are definitely not in our favour in this respect at the moment and it means that, purely because of the current exchange rates, that I have to contemplate a price of around AUD$200 or more for the yearly subscription I would like to consider. Not because that is what you have decided to price it at as the seller, but because of what a bunch of suits are choosing to do with the economy at the time (let alone what the current bun-fight in Canberra will do to it as well).

Again, I respect that it is up to us to decide how much we want to spend for your product, but, in some aspects, it isn't completely up to us at all. I could probably deal with a yearly price of somewhere around AUD$150 (ideally) or so, but $200 or more (just because of market forces plus fees etc) is a much tougher call.

I know that this is the same model you have used for all your other products so far but, as the prices of some of the options get significantly higher, the effect is obviously much more pronounced.

While you all certainly deserve a return for your efforts and in order to continue providing content, this is only a discretionary hobby after all, and very few can afford to dispose of more funds than absolutely necessary if they can possibly avoid it.

With respect and in the spirit of constructive criticism (which I'm sure you're getting plenty of already ;) ).

Cheers,
Piere.

Tony_Hilliam
August 23rd, 2018, 04:56 AM
@Tony Hilliam

I have a LIFE time 1st Class ticket which has around 7078 Days left , So is this still useable for TRS19 ? ?

What does it do to a Gold Class Membership if any thing if i purchased now ? ?

All so If i get early release now how can i get the boxed version ? ?

Is there going to be a Box version ? ?

thanks

E

All answered on our faq page (and check the faq thread).

ThomasFanForever1856
August 23rd, 2018, 05:07 AM
Is it possible that when I buy a Gold Membership for just 1 month right now, I can cancel it, then buy TS2019 for 60 bucks and all will be good?

shaneturner12
August 23rd, 2018, 05:08 AM
Is it possible that when I buy a Gold Membership for just 1 month right now, I can cancel it, then buy TS2019 for 60 bucks and all will be good?

From what I understand you would probably lose anything at the end of that month that isn't in the pre-order version (Tony can confirm though what the status on that is).

Shane

Tony_Hilliam
August 23rd, 2018, 05:55 AM
Membership can be cancelled at any time. Access ends at the end of your expiry period.

Of course anything you purchase anything with your discount code remains with you afterwards.

Anything you access during your membership period gets re-activated if you rejoin in the future (so you could play Trainz for a month for $14.99, take a few months off, then come back after a new update and join for another month.

pware
August 23rd, 2018, 06:01 AM
Membership can be cancelled at any time. Access ends at the end of your expiry period.

Anything you access during your membership period gets re-activated if you rejoin in the future (so you could play Trainz for a month for $14.99, take a few months off, then come back after a new update and join for another month.

Not even my Gym offers me anything like that. If I cancel my monthly gym membership payments to go overseas for a few months, I have to reapply and pay the joining fee again when I get back.

BladeRunner501
August 23rd, 2018, 06:09 AM
Hi Team,
Can you please advise if previous purchased content/routes should appear in game? or is some stuff still not released yet?
The only content that downloaded in game after I patched from the beta version appears to be the items from "my vault" (most of which I had previously purchased anyway, but that's another story). I tried initializing with the "Download Purchased Items" in the menu and still no joy.

Which leads me to more questions:
Seeing that I managed to buy two copies of TRS19 (I got click happy before I read everything and purchased Gold membership and early access version...woops), if I stop gold membership and use the "extra" version that I purchased (now that everyone has early access) will all the previous purchases reappear in it even though they are also the same items that are in the vault.... or will I have to redownload all again? I really like the idea of the membership benefits, not so keen on having to give them all back if I stop paying... feels like renting...especially when its items I have already bought previously...

Regards
Richard

Tony_Hilliam
August 23rd, 2018, 06:23 AM
Here’s how it works:
(i) items you own are listed against your MyTrainz username
(ii) your Content Vault items are kept in a different list but also linked to your MyTrainz username

You always have access to items in table 1. When you have an active membership table 2 is also active and you have access to those items.
Uninstalled
Everything remains installed (unless you manually uninstall it) and will show as inactive if your membership is inactive.

FootplatePhil
August 23rd, 2018, 06:30 AM
Trainz has provided me with a lot of enjoyment since its first release, and so I like the idea of supporting the ongoing advancement of Trainz via a gold membership. But I also would like a gold membership option that includes a DRM free DVD purchase, and I am prepared to wait for that option

My question... Will a gold membership (perhaps via a deluxe pack) be an option with the general DVD release?

Phil

pcas1986
August 23rd, 2018, 06:36 AM

Can you suspend a membership?

BladeRunner501
August 23rd, 2018, 06:36 AM
Ok Thank you Tony for clearing my head, I realize you and your team have probably had a long day, good to see you are still trying to support all the questions.
I was really getting a bit confused with how that all worked... all good now and once again as I have stated previously, well done on TRS19, awesome work. :mop:

Although that doesn't answer my real query with regards to purchased items not showing? Should I be able to see them or not yet?

Cheers
Richard

rogerayresaol
August 23rd, 2018, 07:54 AM
I't looks nice but not enough info and way too expensive and how many more versions of trainz are we going to have,and whos going to make the assets for this for me uk items,NEED A VAST DISCOUNT.

ldowns
August 23rd, 2018, 08:00 AM
Q. Will TRS19 require Internet Access?

A. Yes. TRS19 requires an Internet connection to be authorised to your MyTrainz account and then to access many features. It will operate offline, but requires an Internet connection on a regular basis (every month or so).
So I assume that this means that N3V will not be offering a DRM-free version that does not ever require connection to the Internet?

--Lamont

JCitron
August 23rd, 2018, 08:33 AM
Two items in the Silver and Gold still have me confused:

1) Access to T:ANE.

Does this mean that T:ANE has the plugs pulled on it as well and it's now SAAS just like TRS2019?

2) Lifetime FCT.

There are many of us here that have purchased the Lifetime FCT quite some years ago. This FCT runs out in 2037, or 22 years from now, according to the ticket counter.

Does this mean this ticket is no longer valid and we will need to purchase new tickets going forward?

Davie_UCF
August 23rd, 2018, 08:43 AM
Can you suspend a membership?

Thats a good question, especially for those who's income may not be predictable and they need that extra money one month.

But from what I saw Tony say in this thread earlier, you can cancel and resume without any negative effects, except not being able to access things.

shaneturner12
August 23rd, 2018, 09:32 AM
Is Trainz becoming a yearly subscription game ? Much like ModelRailroader Magazine, as soon as you stop paying Kalmbach Publishing for a year subscription, and your yearly subscription runs out, the magazines stop coming ... In this case Trainz will stop functioning after 365 days ?

From what I understand that's only if you go for the subscription option. It is also available like previous versions for a one-off price on the Trainz Store.

Shane

ish6
August 23rd, 2018, 09:33 AM
Two items in the Silver and Gold still have me confused:

1) Access to T:ANE.

Does this mean that T:ANE has the plugs pulled on it as well and it's now SAAS just like TRS2019?

2) Lifetime FCT.

There are many of us here that have purchased the Lifetime FCT quite some years ago. This FCT runs out in 2037, or 22 years from now, according to the ticket counter.

Does this mean this ticket is no longer valid and we will need to purchase new tickets going forward?

Hi Tony

I've been thinking the same as John -- please clarify!

Thanks
Ish

ColPrice2002
August 23rd, 2018, 09:51 AM
ISh and all,

I've "bitten the bullet" and purchased the download version this morning.
I have a lifetime FCT, and T:ANE, TRS12 (and loads of earlier versions)

Since then, I've used T:ANE (previous purchase of the boxed version), so that's still OK
I've used TS19 (Last Beta build)
Changes the update stream on TS19 Beta build to TS19, and have patched to the 96000 version.

My understanding is that for people like us who have T:ANE and DLC already purchased, nothing will change regarding them. We'll still be able to use them without restriction.

For newcomers, the subscription Gold subscription deal gives T:ANE and TS19, plus the advanced access and discounts
The Silver access is a bit of a hybrid - I haven't really looked into that.
My Trainz usage is periodic - sometimes not used for a few months, then brought back to life, so a one off purchase is good for me. If you're one of those people who always want the latest version, the Gold membership is the way to go (subject to finances - of course).

I'm just looking at the Routes page in 96000, and as far as I can tell, all the beta routes are still there.

HTH

Colin

chris2001trainz2010
August 23rd, 2018, 10:09 AM
So i just submitted a bug report via an online form and found i couldn't list Build 96000 as the build i'm using, so i went with Build 95595 or something like that. Hopefully the report goes through and the problem (which was present in T:ANE SP2 and up) is solved before the full release of the game.

JCitron
August 23rd, 2018, 10:36 AM
So i just submitted a bug report via an online form and found i couldn't list Build 96000 as the build i'm using, so i went with Build 95595 or something like that. Hopefully the report goes through and the problem (which was present in T:ANE SP2 and up) is solved before the full release of the game.

That happens when the new version has come out and Tony hasn't updated the beta report system yet. You might want to send the helpdesk a note regarding the missing Build 96000 so the list can be updated.

The alternative is to use "Other" to indicate your version.

MountE
August 23rd, 2018, 10:43 AM
Just the other day I purchases a 1 year FTC for 26.99 US, your quoting 34.99 confuses me. Are they going up in price

Rob

kevonzone
August 23rd, 2018, 10:54 AM
Has there been any updates on information about Multiplayer Surveyor? I know there's been talks about adding it to Trainz 2019, but haven't heard much recently.

JCitron
August 23rd, 2018, 11:27 AM
Has there been any updates on information about Multiplayer Surveyor? I know there's been talks about adding it to Trainz 2019, but haven't heard much recently.

It's most likely still in development. I tried a very early version of it, as proof of concept, and it worked okay but was prone to crashing and other issues which are most likely still being fleshed out.

Cayden
August 23rd, 2018, 11:31 AM
The focus of the discussion here, so far, seems to be on the consumer, which maybe leaving the content creators with little or no attention or consideration.

Two questions come to mind:

1. With subscriptions is it becoming more expensive for content creators to create content?

…New Trainz versions come out roughly every three years, or have done for TS12, TANE and TRS19, so the membership looks less attractive. Do you expect new features, if not new versions, to come out more frequently using this approach?

…With the subscription model, we are able to release features far more frequently. …I we're looking at smaller but much-more-frequent releases. Offering a hybrid subscription/retail model allows everyone to make their mind up about whether they prefer the old release model or the new one. …

It looks like content creators have no choice but to purchase the more expensive membership ($149/yr vs $23.33/yr based on a 3 year cycle) if they wish to create content for TRS19’s new features.

2. Will the introduction of subscriptions mean less reward for content creators and therefore less DLC content?

* TRS19 = $69.99
* FCT = $34.99/yr
Total = $145

* TRS19 included
* FCT included

Gold Class Membership = $149 - TRS19 ($69.99) - FCT ($34.99/yr) = $39.02.
This is indeed less than one DLC item (i.e., Trainz Route: Coal Country = $39.99).

So, if consumers get a lot of DLC content with their subscription (e.g., $39.02 divided by a large number), content creator will be getting little reward for their efforts. If consumers get little DLC content with their subscription (e.g., $39.02 divided by a small number), they will be getting little benefit from their subscription.

JCitron
August 23rd, 2018, 11:59 AM
The focus of the discussion here, so far, seems to be on the consumer, which maybe leaving the content creators with little or no attention...

I feel that content creators, should be given a content-creator's discount even it if means joining their content-creator's program.

Just my opinion...

lackoo11111
August 23rd, 2018, 12:32 PM
My only question in this thread : Does TRS19 comes with a new sound engine or the developer team is only focusing on the graphics ?

RailFan500CA
August 23rd, 2018, 01:32 PM
I also have my own questions about TRS2019.

1:Is the USRA light pacific now a built-in item for TRS2019? I have seen some screenshots of it in TRS2019.

2:Will the game even run on an old Intel dual core CPU PC? I thought I saw on the TRS2019 pre-order thing that a 3GHZ CPU was a minimum.

3:Is the water color set to a nice,dark blue as default like it was in TS12? Or is the water color defaulted to a "Caribbean blue" water color which looks highly unrealistic...

4:Will things like coal loads on older steam locomotives (Like bdaneal's.) not have the coal/wood/water load floating above the tender/locomotive?

Thats my questions. And from the looks of some of the screenshots of TRS2019,it seems that a railyard like feature is in TRS2019,which pleases me,but I do not have the game right now due to the fact that to buy the game,which is a horrifying 91 dollars Canadian,and I don't want to do subscriptions ether. Will there be a version of TRS2019 that includes less routes and locomotives and rolling stock but includes a cheaper price tag for the game? (But still has the USRA light pacific included?)

ThomasFanForever1856
August 23rd, 2018, 03:48 PM
Just wanted to say that my satisfaction is very high with the game so far. Trainz is better than ever before. And for the price, it's defenitly word it imo. I played 60 bucks for the whole game, and while that may sound a bit expensive, it's defenitly worth it.

Tony_Hilliam
August 23rd, 2018, 04:05 PM
Some answers (most of which are already answered on the FAQ page:

1) Access to T:ANE - Does this mean that T:ANE has the plugs pulled on it as well and it's now SAAS just like TRS2019?
>> There are no plugs pulled on anything. Both TANE and TRS19 are available as stand-alone products. There is no compulsory subscription model.
If you currently own TANE, you will always own it. If you don't own TANE, you get access to it as part of the Gold Membership.

2) Lifetime FCT. There are many of us here that have purchased the Lifetime FCT quite some years ago. This FCT runs out in 2037, or 22 years from now, according to the ticket counter.
>> I have no idea where this concept has come from. FCTs haven't changed and are not affected in any way by the membership options.
They will expire on the same day as they were going to expire previously.
You have a discount code in MyTrainz that gives you $2 a month off the monthly option or $24 off the annual option.
You are not trading your FCT in, it will effectively run "in parallel" with your membership FCT.

1:Is the USRA light pacific now a built-in item for TRS2019? I have seen some screenshots of it in TRS2019.
>> Yes it is now available as a built-in item (and you get to run it up to the top of Kickstarter County on a special day out session).

2:Will the game even run on an old Intel dual core CPU PC? I thought I saw on the TRS2019 pre-order thing that a 3GHZ CPU was a minimum.
>> Depending on your graphics card, it will most likely run but not as well as a higher end machine. Please check this link to run the benchmark test:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Performance_Configurator

3:Is the water color set to a nice,dark blue as default like it was in TS12? Or is the water color defaulted to a "Caribbean blue" water color which looks highly unrealistic...
>> Colour is chosen by the session creator. You can edit routes and sessions in TRS19 so you can make the colour purple if you want to.

4:Will things like coal loads on older steam locomotives (Like bdaneal's.) not have the coal/wood/water load floating above the tender/locomotive?
>> Sounds like a content issue that requires the creator to fix as it doesn't affect all steam locos.

5. Will there be a version of TRS2019 that includes less routes and locomotives and rolling stock but includes a cheaper price tag for the game? (But still has the USRA light pacific included?)
>> TRS19 is our current "latest" version. We chose not to split this version into Standard and Deluxe for release. I am sure that over the coming years there will be various different versions made available.

Jayco-man
August 23rd, 2018, 04:06 PM
Boy the servers must be pretty busy, cause I've tried to download with a high speed connection and it only gets about half way and stops.

PerRock
August 23rd, 2018, 04:27 PM
2) Lifetime FCT. There are many of us here that have purchased the Lifetime FCT quite some years ago. This FCT runs out in 2037, or 22 years from now, according to the ticket counter.
>> I have no idea where this concept has come from. FCTs haven't changed and are not affected in any way by the membership options.
They will expire on the same day as they were going to expire previously.
You have a discount code in MyTrainz that gives you $2 a month off the monthly option or $24 off the annual option.
You are not trading your FCT in, it will effectively run "in parallel" with your membership FCT.

So essentially I will have bought 2 FCTs to run at the same time?

Will there be an option to upgrade from the static purchase (the $70 one) to one of the subscriptions without having to buy the game twice?

Can I play TS19 offline, or do I need an internet connection? (didn't dig thru all the pages here, might have been answered...)

peter

Tony_Hilliam
August 23rd, 2018, 04:40 PM
So essentially I will have bought 2 FCTs to run at the same time?
>>
No. You will have received a $2 per month discount on your Lifetime Ticket.

Will there be an option to upgrade from the static purchase (the $70 one) to one of the subscriptions without having to buy the game twice?
>>
The Silver Class option does not include TRS19 or TANE, so that should cover waht you are asking, I think.

Can I play TS19 offline, or do I need an internet connection? (didn't dig thru all the pages here, might have been answered...)
>>
Internet connection is only required to activate the product, then call home once "every month or so".

Swordfish
August 23rd, 2018, 04:54 PM
I am slow on the uptake:
If I am a Gold Member and I suspend my membership, the content in my content vault is suspended; is the access to TRS 2019 suspended too in this case?

Regards

Swordfish

RailFan500CA
August 23rd, 2018, 05:00 PM
I also have that same question about TRS2019 before I buy it:

If I become a gold member for a few months and then cancel the membership,will I lose access to TRS2019 and the TRS2019 DLS? Or would I still technically own TRS2019. (On a side note,the USRA light pacific being a built-in is a huge selling point for me.)

Tony_Hilliam
August 23rd, 2018, 05:23 PM
Check Silver Class and Gold Class Memberships on this page:
http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

"You can cancel your membership at any time and all benefits (including access to TANE and TRS19) will end at the expiration of that billing period."

PerRock
August 23rd, 2018, 05:36 PM
>>
The Silver Class option does not include TRS19 or TANE, so that should cover waht you are asking, I think.

You miss out on the "Exclusive New Trainz Features" & DLC preview pass.

peter

RailFan500CA
August 23rd, 2018, 05:42 PM
So the catch is with TRS2019,if you take the subscription version and a few months later you stop paying for the membership,you lose access to TRS2019 and the TRS2019 DLS and lose all the stuff you did with TRS2019 until you pay again? Now that sounds like a rip-off to me. And 91.04 dollars Canadian is far,far,far,far to much to pay to get a game/simulator or whatever you call it.

Tony_Hilliam
August 23rd, 2018, 05:56 PM
Based upon that conclusion, the decision for you is simple - continue to enjoy TANE for a while longer (there is a new update being tested currently), and wait for the inevitable price drop on TRS19 some time next year.

RRSignal
August 23rd, 2018, 06:30 PM
Internet connection is only required to activate the product, then call home once "every month or so".

Needless to say, this is the end of the line for Trainz as far as I'm concerned, as well as use of my content in TRS19. Good thing I didn't get too deep into PBR.

Jayco-man
August 23rd, 2018, 11:40 PM
Do I need to set up another username and pass word to get into TRS2019?

JCitron
August 23rd, 2018, 11:45 PM
Do I need to set up another username and pass word to get into TRS2019?

Nope. Use the same one you've always used.

pware
August 23rd, 2018, 11:49 PM
Needless to say, this is the end of the line for Trainz as far as I'm concerned, as well as use of my content in TRS19. Good thing I didn't get too deep into PBR.

Sorry to see you go RRSignal but I am sure that the rest of us will be be able to carry on.

I was also a user of the DRM-free version of TANE but have now gone back to using the normal version. It was simply easier to use because I did not have to wait until CM had verified all the DLC assets each time I switched the Internet access back on. I just don't know why people bother!

Jayco-man
August 23rd, 2018, 11:54 PM
Thanks but when I type in my info and go create acct. and it goes to the create acct. type in my info and option to confirm is not working. It is grayed out.

JCitron
August 23rd, 2018, 11:57 PM
Thanks but when I type in my info and go create acct. and it goes to the create acct. type in my info and option to confirm is not working. It is grayed out.

Is this on the TRS2019 main page with all the big images?

Login to My Trainz, the link is above on the top of the forums.

Your My Trainz login = your Planet Auran login, which is your login here.

I purchased mine through My Trainz.

The screen is a lot easier to read and less confusing.

Jayco-man
August 24th, 2018, 12:13 AM
Thank you for your help sir. Have a good evening.

Roy3b3
August 24th, 2018, 04:12 AM
Hey guys,

For all the route-builders who had trouble trying to read the black text on a dark-blue background when editing a Session,... then you'll be delighted,... when you see what TRS2019 has for us all.

Here's a screenshot I took, when I was about to add Central Portal Control. I could now read it clearly without squinting.

Thank you Tony and your team for listening, then rectifying something that was important to many of us.

https://s33.postimg.cc/nn97wjrxr/Session.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Lataxe
August 24th, 2018, 04:54 AM
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here, but TRS19 is still capable of using content dating back to the original Trainz release, assuming that content was constructed correctly in the first place. So yes, you can export your locally created TS2009 content and import it into TRS19. If you're dealing with third-party content, the best bet would be to grab it from the Download Station, as that will include the necessary source textures and is likely to include updates and fixes that have been made since 2009.

chris

The Wiki has these statements:

It is important to know that TRS2019 requires the original textures to show correctly in-game, and therefore built-in content and DLC content, which does not contain source files, cannot be imported directly (or it will become 'faulty'). All DLC packs are expected to become available for TRS2019 via the Asset Download tool after TRS2019 is fully released (may not be available during Early Access).

It is recommended that content from the Download Station be downloaded again, rather than be transferred using the above methods. This ensures that you have the latest version of all assets from the Download Station, and will ensure that the assets remain compatible with Multiplayer.

These don't make it entirely clear what will be transferable from TANE to TS2019. Can I put the question like this: assuming I buy the stand-alone version rather than a subscription version.....

If I have several TANE routes and sessions obtained from the DLS containing: original TANE built-in assets; TANE payware assets from N3V; freeware assets from the TANE DLS; freeware assets from non-N3V websites......

Which of those types of assets can and cannot be imported successfully into TS2019?
What is likely to cause problems of incompatibility with TS2019?
Will every asset in the TANE DLS appear in a TS2019 DLS?
If so, when will that be complete?
If not, what will be missing?
If so, will re-downloading a TANE route/session automatically download all the associated assets from the TS2019 DLS?
What N3V payware I bought for TANE will I have to pay for again in TS2019?

Thanks in anticipation for any clarifications you can offer.

Lataxe

amigacooke
August 24th, 2018, 05:36 AM
If I buy the 'traditional' version, and then get a monthly Gold membership to have a peak at new features :), will the 'traditional' version be upgraded, or will I have two installations of TRS19?

Tony_Hilliam
August 24th, 2018, 06:01 AM
If I have several TANE routes and sessions obtained from the DLS containing: original TANE built-in assets; TANE payware assets from N3V; freeware assets from the TANE DLS; freeware assets from non-N3V websites......

Which of those types of assets can and cannot be imported successfully into TS2019? >> All of them (through one method or another)
What is likely to cause problems of incompatibility with TS2019? >> Scripts that call for unlimited length lists of objects - there is a new approach to scripting that is far more optimal than old scripts that would causes pauses and stuttering.
Will every asset in the TANE DLS appear in a TS2019 DLS? >> Yes
If so, when will that be complete? >> Today
If not, what will be missing? >>Nothing
If so, will re-downloading a TANE route/session automatically download all the associated assets from the TS2019 DLS? >> DLS items can be imported from your current install or downloaded from DLS. The normal TANE rules apply.
What N3V payware I bought for TANE will I have to pay for again in TS2019? >> None of it (unless it gets a makeover, in which case it is up to the content creator what to charge for the new version.

It would seem that there is some confusion over "importing", "downloading", and possibly other things. I will investigate tomorrow and update the FAQs to make things clearer.

The main point is that trying to copy your BUILTIN folder from TANE will end in tears.
Copying items from your Packages folder is likely to end up with missing assets so not recommended.
Copying content from your local and original folders is fine.
Downloading anything that appears in the Asset Download window is fine (and recommended).
You can also choose to download bits and pieces from the Asset Download window when bandwidth allows if you are limited.

Tony_Hilliam
August 24th, 2018, 06:05 AM
If I buy the 'traditional' version, and then get a monthly Gold membership to have a peak at new features :), will the 'traditional' version be upgraded, or will I have two installations of TRS19?

There is one version of TRS19 Early Access right now. They will all be updated at the same time during the Early Access phase through to release.

Post release, at the time of the first "Trainz PLUS" update, Gold Class members will branch off to a new version that includes the new features. (You could take a copy here prior to updating).

If you cancel your Gold membership, that version will not be active so you will need a new version.

You will therefore need to redownload the "release" version if you didn't keep a copy above.

amigacooke
August 24th, 2018, 07:04 AM
There is one version of TRS19 Early Access right now. They will all be updated at the same time during the Early Access phase through to release.

Post release, at the time of the first "Trainz PLUS" update, Gold Class members will branch off to a new version that includes the new features. (You could take a copy here prior to updating).

If you cancel your Gold membership, that version will not be active so you will need a new version.

You will therefore need to redownload the "release" version if you didn't keep a copy above.

Thanks for taking the time to answer Tony.

Cheeky question now, will there be beta testers for Trainz PLUS, or will Gold Class members effectively be their own beta testers? :)

WindWalkr
August 24th, 2018, 08:09 AM
Cheeky question now, will there be beta testers for Trainz PLUS, or will Gold Class members effectively be their own beta testers? :)

Yes!

(Details TBD ;-) )

chris

RRSignal
August 24th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Sorry to see you go RRSignal but I am sure that the rest of us will be be able to carry on.

I was also a user of the DRM-free version of TANE but have now gone back to using the normal version. It was simply easier to use because I did not have to wait until CM had verified all the DLC assets each time I switched the Internet access back on. I just don't know why people bother!

Not sure why it's harder for you, as the DRM-free version makes life far easier for me, but to each his own. But not having to upload new content to the DLS will make life a lot easier, that's for certain.

amigacooke
August 24th, 2018, 07:06 PM
Not sure why it's harder for you, as the DRM-free version makes life far easier for me, but to each his own. But not having to upload new content to the DLS will make life a lot easier, that's for certain.

I'm sorry if you choose to go, but many great content creators have come and gone and Trainz keeps rolling along.

RRSignal
August 24th, 2018, 08:16 PM
And so will I. With a lot more money in my pocket! :)

chris2001trainz2010
August 25th, 2018, 08:12 AM
I did get every T:ANE route downloaded into TRS19. But for some reason, Legacy of the BN II did not download. Clicking the Download Purchased Assets on the Account window does nothing, either. And all of the T:ANE sessions are broken, since the drivers do not jump to their trains as they should. I have to manually place each driver with its specific train, which gets annoying. I'm pretty sure the portals in Phil Skene's sessions are buggy too; they never emit any trains throughout his sessions.

Oh, and that same Account page shows my current rank as 26 Stars, but the next rank is awarded at 24 Stars. :o

EDIT: In regards to the Portal issue, it seems that all of the portal-based rules (Central Portal Control, Un-Portal) do not work at all in TRS19. In Phil Skene's sessions, the Central Portal Control rule lists all portals as "ERROR". Trying to add more portals shows no available options. Placing a new Central Portal Control rule into the sessions also shows no available options when attempting to add a portal.

SWB
August 26th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Hi,can anyone please tell me the download size of
TRS19, as I am on wifi dongle and have 20gb a month.

HPL
August 26th, 2018, 09:18 AM
Mine is 9.85 GB.

SWB
August 26th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Thank you HPL

textrain
August 26th, 2018, 06:54 PM
Howdy;
Can you edit Environment in the driver mode? You could do that before in Trainz a new Era when you first open the driver mode.

jordon412
August 26th, 2018, 07:26 PM
The Gold Subscription sounds like a great package, but for me it's financially a bit of a bite at least for now . . .

As someone who's on Social Security myself, being that I'm autistic, I know what you're mean by it being a little bit on the pricey side. The check's coming in soon and I'm putting it towards buying tickets to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum's annual Railfest. Given that tickets are $25.00 and the extended backshop tour, which is something I just have to do, cost an extra $15.00, I'll be investing $40.00 for Railfest. Worth noting that tickets for their Missionary Ridge Local is $20.00, that's a pretty good deal, considering that I went all in at the first Railfest back in 2011, spending $200 for their top of the line 'Railfan' package, which, along with a nighttime photo session that I didn't attend, the included banquet meal with the then CEO of Norfolk Southern Wick Moorman that I attended, even though I hate banquets.
Anyway, back to the price of TRS2019. I'm pretty sure everyone here has something that they've been procrastinating on getting rid of that can be put on eBay or sell at a flea market or yard sale, or do something with to get the last few bucks needed to get TRS2019.

Tony_Hilliam
August 26th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Howdy;
Can you edit Environment in the driver mode? You could do that before in Trainz a new Era when you first open the driver mode.

Window Menu >> Session options

Trainz Wiki link: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Driver_Window_Menu

big_b
August 27th, 2018, 12:07 AM
Can picklists be imported from tane or do they have to be set up again

textrain
August 27th, 2018, 12:15 AM
Thanks Tony.

Tony_Hilliam
August 27th, 2018, 12:21 AM
Can picklists be imported from tane or do they have to be set up again

Link here: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?147961-Picklist-move-to-TS19

celje
August 27th, 2018, 02:57 AM
How to make a passenger and the train on the station illuminated. Now, street lamps have a bright circle on the ground but passengers and the train are in the dark

Tony_Hilliam
August 27th, 2018, 03:09 AM
The answer to this one is (unfortunately):
Wait for the update where we add additional support for point lights

celje
August 27th, 2018, 03:22 AM
The answer to this one is (unfortunately):
Wait for the update where we add additional support for point lights

Thank you for answer. I hope that we will get update soon. TRS19 is very good looking and diserve better lighting.

celje
August 27th, 2018, 03:33 AM
Once again
I tried to start TRS19 today but stuck with information 'Environment loading, please wait'. I'm waiting now almost 30 min, what to do.

Edit
Solved
I click on Driver/Surveyor and instalation continue successful

peghorse
August 27th, 2018, 03:52 AM
From the Adobe website:
Q. Are Adobe creative apps available without a subscription?
A. No, all the latest versions of Adobe creative apps are only available with a Creative Cloud month-to-month or annual plan.

Q. Is TRS19 available without a subscription?
A. Yes. Customers have a choice of the traditional option of purchasing through the Trainz Store, or through the new option of month to month membership that provides a range of additional benefits such as hundreds of dollars of DLC items, FCTs, store discounts and more.

peghorse, could you please explain your comparison of a system with no choice versius a system where you can do exactly the same thing as you did yesterday (or last year or 10 years ago), or chose one of the new options.

It really does puzzle me so this is a genuine question I am keen to know the answer to.

I use Adobe CS6 Master Suite -> the last before subscriptions. I smelt the rot coming so nipped it in the bud pronto. Does your subscription come with a tin? Cause I have always been about the Tins/packaging. Subscriptions mean less for more. Where once the holder of the tin had the holy grail of gaming, now you get nuffin. Wagon wheels have shrunk, Iced Vovos are 2/3rds of their original size, Vegemite now conforms to some 3rd world "standard" I wont have a bar of.... and on and on it goes. My niche is heirloom quality products in precious metals. If I do anything its INCREASE the value of my works. That's not happening with gaming I am so very sad to say. Take Creative Assemblies Total War Thrones of Britannia as an example. The dolt who oversaw the project negated half the stuff we loved and his contribution was to implement in-game "followers" :eek: Result? it tanked. Less less less for more more more. Even if I can get a non subscription option, you've reduced my glorious Trainz VIP "feeling" to pleb status. Its all about the personal connection the company has with the gamer themselves. I don't see why people cant figure that out. The fact that I am replying tells you how deeply Trainz had woven itself into my existence. Cheerz m8.

Tony_Hilliam
August 27th, 2018, 05:27 AM
It;s pretty much woven into mine too - for about 100 hours a week while I'm awake and half of while I'm asleep :)

ldowns
August 27th, 2018, 11:12 AM

Unacceptable.

I've suffered through the interminable years of the TANE fiasco to finally get a version that is mostly working, but there is still no sign of a fix for the flashing red/green junction arrows every time a junction is accessed, which ruins night viewing; apparently this is a feature dear to the hearts of the N3V developers and not even considered for rectification through three service packs and their various hot fixes.

Apparently TS2019 will compound the insult by requiring that it be installed on a machine which is periodically connected (if only temporarily) to the Internet, which still requires the overhead of virus checkers, firewall, etc.

I've stuck with Trainz through thick and thin since TS2004, but I see no reason to shell out more money and aggravation for a bit of eye candy. TANE will have to do.

--Lamont

RRSignal
August 27th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Agreed, Lamont. Plus, an even bigger reason to avoid TRS19 for me is that I'm not going to risk losing thousands of hours of my own work, not to mention everything else I've invested in this product, because some server can't be reached. It doesn't matter how often that check-in takes place and regardless of the reason.

pware
August 27th, 2018, 10:53 PM
Of course each person is entitled to set their own requirements on what they use and the conditions under which they use it.

Personally, the DRM issue is not an important one for me. I always access the DLS to see what is new before I start TANE or TRS19 anyway so having the Internet on and downloads available is more important to me. If the N3V servers, including their DRM server, is unavailable for whatever technical reasons then it is an inconvenience but not the end of the world - unlike when my banks ATM, teller and internet banking services all fail. While I have experienced the very occasional DLS and Forum server outages, I have never been unable to start TANE using the DRM version.

...and if N3V goes bust (and takes the DLS with it) and I cannot use Trainz anymore, then I will simply move on to something else. Trainz was not the first game I was into and it possibly will not be the last.

I don't lose any sleep or get stressed over the DRM issue - but that is me, others will have different opinions.

celje
August 28th, 2018, 12:57 AM
The message overlay does not appear anymore in driver mode. Are you N3V have removed them, or is something wrong at me.

pware
August 28th, 2018, 01:49 AM
I am not with a computer that has TRS19 installed but, if it is the message overlay I think you are referring to, then click the little icon just above the driver icon on the bottom left of the screen (it looks like a "gear") then select "Messages" (or something similar) then click the gear icon again.

grazlash
August 28th, 2018, 02:13 AM
Unacceptable.

--Lamont
Too bad, tough luck and get over it.

Tony_Hilliam
August 28th, 2018, 02:56 AM
The message overlay does not appear anymore in driver mode. Are you N3V have removed them, or is something wrong at me.

Bottom left - there is an arrow to display/hide the messages. They are certainly working, so you've found a case where they aren't please let us know.

celje
August 28th, 2018, 03:12 AM
Bottom left - there is an arrow to display/hide the messages. They are certainly working, so you've found a case where they aren't please let us know.

Thanks to Pware and you Mr.Hilliam
In Track Profile Setting i tick Show Message History, i try to change arrow ( Toggle Driver message Display ) up/down too. It don't help. I transfer a lot of material from TS12, where in sessions are script errors, is it possible that it ruin message overlay?

peghorse
August 28th, 2018, 04:00 AM
It;s pretty much woven into mine too - for about 100 hours a week while I'm awake and half of while I'm asleep :)

What I neglected to do is give thanks to you and staff for obliterating Microsoft way back when. It remains one of the most monumental Aussie gaming company achievements EVER, to this day. Auran smacked the competition clean out of the park. If N3V is just a follower, *sighs, so be it.
But again, thank you for everything Tony. Don't underestimate the esteem your name adds to game dev. I'll check with Bethsoft friends. I'm pretty sure they'll know who you are :-)

celje
August 30th, 2018, 06:28 AM
About missing message overlay
In Track Profile Setting i tick Show Message History, i try to change arrow ( Toggle Driver message Display ) up/down too. It don't help. I transfer a lot of material from TS12, where in sessions are script errors, is it possible that it ruin message overlay?

I reinstall TSR19 and transfer routes from TANE again.
Now the message is shown.

brucem56
August 30th, 2018, 02:09 PM
Question - If I purchase the Gold Option, it comes with "TANE Access". Do we have to install TANE? Or can we just opt not to?

Asking because I would prefer to have only TRS19 installed.

Tony_Hilliam
August 30th, 2018, 03:05 PM
That's fine. It is not compulsory to install TANE, or any of the DLC either (or TRS19 for that matter :).)

brucem56
August 30th, 2018, 06:11 PM
So unable to purchase the Gold option without a credit card - can understand if you select the monthly option but I selected the 12 month option and still couldn't use debit. Works for all my other purchases from the Trainz Store.

Anyway, wound up just buying the full version, no attachments. Should serve my needs, can continue to purchase FCT's as needed.

JCitron
August 30th, 2018, 10:40 PM
So unable to purchase the Gold option without a credit card - can understand if you select the monthly option but I selected the 12 month option and still couldn't use debit. Works for all my other purchases from the Trainz Store.

Anyway, wound up just buying the full version, no attachments. Should serve my needs, can continue to purchase FCT's as needed.

I've had trouble with debit/credit card purchases as well and now use PayPal as an intermediary, which works perfectly fine.

chris2001trainz2010
August 30th, 2018, 11:37 PM
So when can we expect the next TRS19 route to be released to Early Access members?

brucem56
August 31st, 2018, 05:27 AM
Will we eventually be able to download all of our routes that we purchased through the Trainz Store? Coal Country, Legacy of The BNII, Rogers Pass, etc...

paul_r
September 1st, 2018, 06:30 AM
I have two large routes in TS12 that will not operate in TANE because of the restrictions on the length of the search in Driver Set up and the Schedule Library and as a consequence have lost interest in T:ANE altogether.

Will TS19 allow more items to be searched for in the these functions or will it hit the same limits as in T:ANE? I understand the reasoning for limiting the search but the existing limit is too restrictive - why cannot there be an option to choose more search at the cost of some performance?

Also I believe that built-in routes will be editable? - can't remember where I read that ...... I have fingers crossed that I will be able to edit the ECML route that is just too big to run any meaningful session on in T:ANE. I have a feeling however that I am going to be disappointed? If the answer does happen to be YES - I will buy TS19 right now.

Bob

grazlash
September 1st, 2018, 07:08 AM
N3V are aiming to have all T:ANE DLC in TRS19 by retail release, before christmas hopefully.
Yes, all routes are editable. Especially ECML, it needs a renovation more than any of the others.
As to the searching, I reckon TRS19 would have the same limitation as TANE, as the code would still be very similar in that regard.
TRS19 is worth every cent, whichever way you get it.
cheers
Graeme

paul_r
September 1st, 2018, 10:49 AM
Well I'm gobsmacked! can you point me to where it says this in black and white? I can't quite believe that after moaning about this on and off all the time I've been with Trainz that I am going to be able to clone and edit ECML for myself. If this is the case, why aren't N3V trumpeting this from the rooftops - it's a major step forward for me and well worth the price of TS19 for that alone.

Bob

ramsay72
September 1st, 2018, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry but I do not speak English
----------------------------------

http://trs19.trainzportal.com/?utm_source=Newsletter+Subscription&utm_campaign=9a2d36b204-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_05_17_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_463d5db52a-9a2d36b204-93076625&mc_cid=9a2d36b204&mc_eid=0882500216

EDIT MORE CONTENT

In TRS19, you can edit and update all the built-in and "DLC" routes and sessions.

Customise the terrain and ground textures.

Add or bulk replace track and trackside objects.

Increase or decrease the density of scenery assets.

Share your edits with other content owners via the Trainz Download Station.

PerRock
September 1st, 2018, 02:33 PM
I asked this before & didn't get a response: If I buy the non-subscription version of the game & want to fully upgrade later on. Is it possible to do that without having to buy the game again?
I know I can buy the Silver subscription; that doesn't include the game, but it also doesn't include Trainz PLUS Features & the DLC preview pass.

peter

paul_r
September 1st, 2018, 03:26 PM
Thanks for that ramsay72 - your English is good - the only Czech word I know is Praha !

chris2001trainz2010
September 1st, 2018, 03:33 PM
So when can we expect the next TRS19 route to be released to Early Access members?

Not to be rude, but, like Peter, i also didn't get an answer. Not the most pressing issue, but i'd appreciate a response other than "in the coming months".

paul_r
September 1st, 2018, 03:38 PM
Following up on my post above, I've just been reading the Wiki for TRS2019 -

states that "Built-in and Premium routes" can be edited. 2 questions -

1. Does this mean routes provided in TANE and TS12 or JUST those routes provided with TRS19?

2. ECML is described in TANE as "Payware DLC" - is this within the description "Built-in and Premium routes" ?

Would appreciate an official response - I've got my credit card dusted down!

Bob

chris2001trainz2010
September 1st, 2018, 03:41 PM
..."Built-in and Premium routes" can be edited...does this mean routes provided in TANE and TS12 or JUST those routes provided with TRS19?

I have all the Built-In routes from T:ANE and TMR2017 installed into TRS19, and i can confirm that all of them are unlocked for editing.

paul_r
September 1st, 2018, 04:01 PM
Thanks for that Chris - I'm feeling quite shocked that having given up long ago on editing a route, it is actually going to happen.......

Bob

paul_r
September 2nd, 2018, 11:06 AM
Downloaded TRS19 this morning and everything seems fine. I am now the proud owner of an editable copy of ECML. Thank you Tony and the team from a very happy bunny. :D

Bob

robd
September 3rd, 2018, 08:24 PM
So that everyone's aware of this, I've asked this question in this forum: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?148177-TRS19-Early-Access-Beta-Discussion-forum&p=1701347#post1701347

Hopefully Tony Hilliam will deign to reply with an honest answer and not waffle or skirt round the subject!

Rob.

big_b
September 3rd, 2018, 10:21 PM
As we are in the last 1/4 now
Is the final release in the n3v ( very soon to soon ) sort of area
Or
Is there some sort of agreement with Santa ?
Where it'll be more towards the end of year

Tony_Hilliam
September 3rd, 2018, 10:53 PM
If we released the current version, there would be complaints about a few bugs, some missing functionality, and a major lack of new content.

So the official release will be scheduled once we fixed a few things, polished a few more things, update, test and tweak all the new content, and then ensure that everything is in place for the smoothest launch in Trainz history.

The term Q4 in any accounting or marketing sense I know of begins on October 1 and ends Dec 31. Our best estimate is that it this is still accurate.

Vals_Loeder
September 4th, 2018, 12:38 PM
As we are in the last 1/4 now

No we are not. 12/4 = 3 --> 4th quarter is October, November and December. Glad to be of assistence.

BRClass66
September 9th, 2018, 05:41 PM
Sorry but been away for a bit ...medical reasons ,but came back to i hope a new improved trainz.

Questions:-

Does the subscriptions mean just that i wouldn't have to buy any dlc's ...as the subscription means i'm renting everything on a monthly basis ?
Can i still just buy Trainz 19 with no subscriptions and buy dlc's and engines i just want to run in trainz 19 ( just like TANE is now)
Do i just use my FTC as usall with all trainz from 04 to 19 ?.

Hope my questions make sense.

Regards Brad

shaneturner12
September 10th, 2018, 02:10 AM
Sorry but been away for a bit ...medical reasons ,but came back to i hope a new improved trainz.

Questions:-

Does the subscriptions mean just that i wouldn't have to buy any dlc's ...as the subscription means i'm renting everything on a monthly basis ?
Can i still just buy Trainz 19 with no subscriptions and buy dlc's and engines i just want to run in trainz 19 ( just like TANE is now)
Do i just use my FTC as usall with all trainz from 04 to 19 ?.

Hope my questions make sense.

Regards Brad

2 is possible by buying the $70 option on the Trainz store. As for 1 and 3 that depends on which option you go for as the subscription options include a rolling FCT (although as far as I'm aware existing ones still work) and if you go for the Gold subscription there is the Content Vault feature where they offer a selection of DLC where you can pick 5 a month to get as part of the subscription (as well as getting a discount on those that are not part of that).

Shane

normhart
September 10th, 2018, 09:56 PM
I didn't see this addressed elsewhere, I seem to be missing some payware;

<kuid2:354694:170027:3> Andrushivka - Vinnitsa UZ
<kuid2:122860:100316:49> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Columbia River Basin
<kuid2:300193:100129:4> Chiyoda Branch Line
<kuid2:515942:100056:10> Fall Harvest - Nebraska

grazlash
September 10th, 2018, 10:45 PM
I didn't see this addressed elsewhere, I seem to be missing some payware;

<kuid2:354694:170027:3> Andrushivka - Vinnitsa UZ
<kuid2:122860:100316:49> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Columbia River Basin
<kuid2:300193:100129:4> Chiyoda Branch Line
<kuid2:515942:100056:10> Fall Harvest - Nebraska

DLC is being released for TRS19 progressively and should all be available by launch date.
add Legacy of the BN II to that list, Norm.
cheers
Graeme

normhart
September 10th, 2018, 11:04 PM
Thanks Graeme!

Saieditor
September 11th, 2018, 02:10 AM
The troubleshooter --:> https://support.trainzportal.com/index.php?/Troubleshooter/List

does not show me where I can submit a ticket for a problem with TRS19

so I will ask here.

TANE SP3 logs in fine.

TRS 19 will not login. It fails every time. Stops at 361 check your mytrainz login blah blah.

Go back and login with TANE SP3 --> login works fine.

What do I do?

JCitron
September 11th, 2018, 10:51 AM
The troubleshooter --:> https://support.trainzportal.com/index.php?/Troubleshooter/List

does not show me where I can submit a ticket for a problem with TRS19

so I will ask here.

TANE SP3 logs in fine.

TRS 19 will not login. It fails every time. Stops at 361 check your mytrainz login blah blah.

Go back and login with TANE SP3 --> login works fine.

What do I do?

Check your firewall to ensure TRS19 has permissions to pass through just as T:ANE SP3 does.

Check that you are in fact using the same username and password as in T:ANE SP3.

Contact support using a " Help me! I need help cuz nothing works form".

Saieditor
September 11th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Thanks, John.

First step was to give TRS19 permission to get out through the firewall.

It gets out and logs into the server; it is the login that fails.

Yet, the login from T:ANE SP3 works just fine.
- that is why I am nonplussed.

Chris

Saieditor
September 12th, 2018, 01:16 AM
Thanks, John.

First step was to give TRS19 permission to get out through the firewall.

It gets out and logs into the server; it is the login that fails.

Yet, the login from T:ANE SP3 works just fine.
- that is why I am nonplussed.

Chris

Sorted: firewall in the modem ... :eek:

the things you learn ...

JCitron
September 12th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Sorted: firewall in the modem ... :eek:

the things you learn ...

That's a "good one" to remember. I've never seen that before.

Thanks for the update.

HiBaller
September 30th, 2018, 05:45 PM
Just a question about the entire TS2019 panel position: Shouldn't it be in Maintenance of Way with the rest of the versions?

Bill

passed
October 3rd, 2018, 11:11 AM
Покупка маршрута для TANE "Андрушивка - Винница УЗ" будет загружаться автоматически в TRS19? Или это маршрут еще не адаптирован для TRS19?
Will a route purchase for TANE "Andrushivka - Vinnitsa UZ" be loaded automatically into TRS19? Or is the route not yet adapted for TRS19?

Tony_Hilliam
October 3rd, 2018, 01:37 PM
All TANE routes will be available for TRS19 later in the year.

snakeguy13
October 4th, 2018, 04:28 PM
All TANE routes will be available for TRS19 later in the year.

Will routes (Tehachapi, Razorback Classic, etc.) and locomotives/rolling stock from previous Trainz games automatically be available on TRS19, or only TANE routes and the new routes?

grazlash
October 4th, 2018, 05:42 PM
Only T:ANE routes and DLC will be automatically available in TRS19, the older routes from 2010 and earlier are on the DLS.
cheers
Graeme

snakeguy13
October 5th, 2018, 03:10 PM
Only T:ANE routes and DLC will be automatically available in TRS19, the older routes from 2010 and earlier are on the DLS.
cheers
Graeme

Ahh okay, thanks!

stagecoach
October 11th, 2018, 07:45 AM
TRS2019 Built in assets Logger 2 and Logger 3 are both the same vehicle. CM shows them as two different ones and in game they are both the same. Cant have a tractor unit for the logging trailers.

Tony_Hilliam
October 11th, 2018, 06:44 PM
TRS2019 Built in assets Logger 2 and Logger 3 are both the same vehicle. CM shows them as two different ones and in game they are both the same. Cant have a tractor unit for the logging trailers.

Checking the two items, it appears that logger 2 and 3 are set to slightly different default heights. Perhaps the content creator didn't know that you could adjust the height of objects (or perhaps it wasn't possible when the items were built?).

stagecoach
October 12th, 2018, 05:56 AM
Logger 2 is not what the image shows on mine. http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=88410

Tony_Hilliam
October 12th, 2018, 06:51 AM
Interesting- please save that as a .cdp and submit via the bug report system for us to investigate further.

boleyd
October 12th, 2018, 07:01 AM
If you purchase TRS19 for $70 you only get the program and its attendant routes. Nothing else. If you want more stuff you can become a "member" drop $100 and get some more stuff. $30 for 19 would have been more reasonable. Regardless the product is providing entertainment despite some lockups and a launcher that sometimes stays around after the program is closed.

normhart
October 12th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Actually I have received almost all DLC that I had purchased for TANE in TRS19 and I only bought the $70 early access version.

TrainmasterGT
November 12th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Will TurfFX compatibility for Mac ever be implemented? The language used in the FAQ post kind of makes it sound that way, but I am not sure if that means it will or won't be.

HPL
November 12th, 2018, 03:56 PM
See "Note for Mac Users" at the bottom of TRS19 page on Trainz Store.

Tony_Hilliam
November 12th, 2018, 06:31 PM
If you purchase TRS19 for $70 you only get the program and its attendant routes. Nothing else.
You also get all your TANE routes + previously purchased DLC items + TMR2017 routes.

If you want more stuff you can become a "member" drop $100 and get some more stuff.
It's $14.99 a month and you get a bunch more stuff including FCT, store discounts, DLC, and TANE (which is great for new members).

$30 for 19 would have been more reasonable.
Depends if you want us to keep developing the product or not. While a $30 price point would increase sales by some percentage, the total revenue would be lower, therefore less would be spent on future upgrades.

Regardless the product is providing entertainment despite some lockups and a launcher that sometimes stays around after the program is closed.
Glad you're being entertained - that's our goal.

Just be patient for the shutdown. It can take several minutes to close the .exe under some circumstances.

TrainmasterGT
November 13th, 2018, 12:52 PM
See "Note for Mac Users" at the bottom of TRS19 page on Trainz Store.
I saw that note, but if you actually read the note, it says:

TurfFX is a feature that provides animated ground covers and currently works only on PC systems in DirectX mode. Your version will therefore operate the same as the PC version with "TurfFX disabled".
The word "currently" just means "right now," implying that in the future it could work on a mac system. My question is not "Will it work as soon as I buy the game," but rather "Will TurfFX be implemented for mac users eventually."

Tony_Hilliam
November 13th, 2018, 03:20 PM
"Eventually" gives us quite a long time, so I can answer yes to that. :)

However, to give you a better indication, it is unlikely to make it into Mac for any TRS19 updates.

TrainmasterGT
November 13th, 2018, 03:23 PM
"Eventually" gives us quite a long time, so I can answer yes to that. :)

However, to give you a better indication, it is unlikely to make it into Mac for any TRS19 updates.

Ok, that's all I wanted to know. Thank you for answering my question.

rss334
December 19th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Ok, that's all I wanted to know. Thank you for answering my question.

If I click the product downloads and trs2019, I get a download speed of under 1mb and it would take me 14 hours to download on my 100mb connection. If I download the installer it's slightly faster at almost .06mb per second which should take only around 4 hours, but what you pick for the stream trs2019 or trs2019 beta? Why is this so slow?

cascaderailroad
December 19th, 2018, 08:58 PM
Downloading the program, or downloading an update, may take hours and hours, or even well over a day, or overnight ... if you cancel an update, that appears to be stalled, it is not stalled at all ... If you cancel an update, you need to un-install Trainz completely ... and do a new complete re-install ... Never cancel an update, even though it appears to be stalled !

Tony_Hilliam
December 20th, 2018, 12:30 AM
The download speed you get depends upon your Internet connection and the routing to our servers (which are mirrored around the world). Some people report downloads in just minutes, so this really is beyond our control. (A quick test here showed 12MB/s).

Pick TRS19 stream to update from 97557 to the latest version.

euromodeller
December 20th, 2018, 08:16 AM
I was gifted the money from my sons yesterday (my 68th birthday) to enable me to buy TRS19 :)

So I just thought I would ask..
Does TRS19 need to be installed on the same hard drive as the operating system?

I have TANE SP2 on the OS HD with a separated data folder.
I have installed TRS19 on a second HD again with a separated data folder.

Is this OK?

brucem56
December 20th, 2018, 09:03 AM
I was gifted the money from my sons yesterday (my 68th birthday) to enable me to buy TRS19 :)

Is this OK?

Yes, I install all games on a separate drive from my OS. Never have a problem except with the precache the game does when loading routes. It takes longer and does it everytime you open that route/session.

clam1952
December 20th, 2018, 10:19 AM

Is this OK?

Yes that's fine, incidentally I have no issues with precaching, my TRS19 plus userdata is on my Internal G: Drive. I have 2 Internal HDDS and 4 Internal SSDs. I never install anything on the C drive other than stuff that refuses to go anywhere else.

euromodeller
December 20th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Thank you for your replies, I guessed it was the right thing to do, but just needed reassurance!

cascaderailroad
December 21st, 2018, 01:35 PM
Other than to save an additional $50 per year on the TS19 subscription ... Why would anyone want to only purchase the Silver subscription, over that of the Gold subscription ?

It seems that the Gold subscription has so much more to offer, over that of the Silver subscription ?

My main question is: "After 366 days, what exactly disappears, if you do not renew your subscription for another year" ?

1) Does the Game shut off completely, and no longer function ?

2) Does all your purchased DLC shut off ?

3) Do all the routes that you have created evaporate and disappear ?

4) Should you renew you subscription on the 370th day, or even later on the following year on the 722nd day, do all your evaporated/shut off DLC assets, and your self created routes magically reappear ? ? ?

5) Do all your previously purchased DLC, purchased years ago, still function in TS19, after your yearly subscription expires, and your yearly subscription is not renewed ?

Kilrbe3
December 21st, 2018, 01:47 PM
For when Steam release is out, and steam sale is still active. Can we buy T:ANE DLC on Steam for Trainz 2019 on Steam?

big_b
December 21st, 2018, 06:42 PM
When will the boxed versions be available ?
DVD - usb ?

shaneturner12
December 22nd, 2018, 03:22 AM
When will the boxed versions be available ?
DVD - usb ?

According to Tony elsewhere, in the new year (he didn't give a specific date) and only mentioned DVDs.

Shane

spoona555
January 1st, 2019, 12:57 AM
I'm running TRS19 on a Mac. Can someone please tell me where the equivalent of the local data folder is ? ( Everything I find in Support relates to the Windows version :confused: )

Never mind. I eventually found it in Users/<name>/Library/Containers/ :wave:

Whilst you can easily find this information in the Windows version by looking at the Settings..Install tab, there isn't such a tab in the Mac version, hence my confusion.

WindWalkr
January 1st, 2019, 06:24 AM
Whilst you can easily find this information in the Windows version by looking at the Settings..Install tab, there isn't such a tab in the Mac version, hence my confusion.

Glad to hear you resolved your issue quickly, but just to correct the record - both Mac and Windows versions have the relevant setting under the "Install" tab.

cheers,

chris

sister
January 3rd, 2019, 10:41 AM
Hi everybody,
just a little question: when it will be finally available TRS19 not in RC build? Thanks in advance for the info.
Roberto (aka Sister)

clam1952
January 3rd, 2019, 10:43 AM
It's been available since before Christmas! 98592 is the released version.

Frimbo
January 4th, 2019, 11:33 AM
I have some questions about transferring over to TRS 2019. My apologies if they have been answered elsewhere.

I have a JR locomotive that I purchased through N3V. It is now payware and locked for modification. So, I can’t do things like modify the cab or in cab camera positions. Further the cab mechanism asset it uses is locked meaning other locos I purchase from JR that use the same cab mechanism are also locked.

I understand that DLC routes are now longer locked. Is this still true for individual assets in TRS 2019? If this locomotive purchased in TANE is downloaded through TRS 2019, does it still come over locked as payware and then lock the cab mechanism for all the other locomotives that use the same cab kuid?

I also purchased Legacy of the BN2 and Mojave routes through N3V. I understand that purchased routes will not be locked in TRS 2019.

Since both were locked TANE, I had to do modifications to both routes as new sessions. So, I have many hours invested in new sessions for these routes that have new trackside cameras, EITs, and unportals with multiple consists. If I download these routes in TRS 2019, will I be able to import the sessions and then save those sessions as new routes or do I have to start over?

I am looking forward to TRS 2019 and very much appreciate your work. I would like to request that the Mojave route be brought up to TRS 2019 standards and that the crossing gates be fixed. I would be happy to pay for such an update.

Thanks again!

SailorDan
January 4th, 2019, 04:12 PM
I have a JR locomotive that I purchased through N3V. It is now payware and locked for modification. So, I can’t do things like modify the cab or in cab camera positions. Further the cab mechanism asset it uses is locked meaning other locos I purchase from JR that use the same cab mechanism are also locked.

Yes. That is a good reason for avoiding payware. However any other asset that uses a payware asset can still be edited - for instance to use a cab that isn't payware. If you have seen that using a payware cab in another loco causes that loco to be changed to payware then that is a bug and should be reported.

I also purchased Legacy of the BN2 and Mojave routes through N3V. I understand that purchased routes will not be locked in TRS 2019.
Payware routes can be cloned and edited. The new versions are still payware.

Since both were locked TANE, I had to do modifications to both routes as new sessions. So, I have many hours invested in new sessions for these routes that have new trackside cameras, EITs, and unportals with multiple consists. If I download these routes in TRS 2019, will I be able to import the sessions and then save those sessions as new routes or do I have to start over?
The sessions will likely need to be updated so that they refer to the correct KUD for the new routes. Whether they will work or not depends on what differences exist between the T:ANE version and the TRS19 version.

Frimbo
January 4th, 2019, 07:11 PM
Yes. That is a good reason for avoiding payware. However any other asset that uses a payware asset can still be edited - for instance to use a cab that isn't payware. If you have seen that using a payware cab in another loco causes that loco to be changed to payware then that is a bug and should be reported.

Payware routes can be cloned and edited. The new versions are still payware.

The sessions will likely need to be updated so that they refer to the correct KUD for the new routes. Whether they will work or not depends on what differences exist between the T:ANE version and the TRS19 version.

Thanks for your reply. That clarifies something for me. I knew that TRS 2019 was going to allow route modification, but I didn't know if that applied to individual assets. Buying the loco from N3V did not make my other locos that use the same cab payware. It did however make the cab mechanism itself payware (even if I deleted the cab from N3V and re downloaded the non-payware cab) and I was unable to edit the cab mechanism for any of the locomotives that used it unless I deleted the N3V purchase.

So, it looks like individual assets will come across in TRS 19 as payware and will not allow modifications. In TANE, I was able to do things like replace a horn or whistle or replace engine specs by renaming an asset to "obsolete" the asset used by the payware. I was hoping to not have to jump through those hoops with TRS 19 payware. By the way, I was unable to obsolete the payware cab in TANE. The new version with the changes I wanted just showed up as "Payware, not active" in content manager.

As for payware routes, if I want to change camera positions or adjust track to make room for a portal, I am quite limited it want I can do in TANE. I can add cameras in sessions, but I can't modify ones that are already there. And I can't manipulate track. In TRS 19, it looks like cloning the route will allow me to save in the route layer what needs to be saved in the route layer.

Finally, reading your reply, I am skeptical that I will be able to port over the sessions I made.

For those who already have TRS 19, are your payware assets locked? Is it truly easy to modify a route? Have you had any luck transferring session material?

SailorDan
January 4th, 2019, 07:24 PM
It did however make the cab mechanism itself payware (even if I deleted the cab from N3V and re downloaded the non-payware cab) and I was unable to edit the cab mechanism for any of the locomotives that used it unless I deleted the N3V purchase.

This is a known problem which N3V claims they are addressing, but so far has done nothing about.

The procedure is:
Look at asset versions for the payware asset. There should be a version either installed or on the DLS (that is, the version that those other locos were previously using).
Use 'Download this version' if necessary to get the DLS version of the asset.
Open the DLS version for editing. Edit the KUID so it obsoletes the payware version. Eg, if the payware KUID is <kuid2:1234:5678:2> then change the original version KUID to <kuid2:1234:5678:3>.
Import the editing folder. An asset with that updated KUID will be created.
Revert the downloaded/installed version to original.

Frimbo
January 4th, 2019, 09:27 PM
This is a known problem which N3V claims they are addressing, but so far has done nothing about.

The procedure is:
Look at asset versions for the payware asset. There should be a version either installed or on the DLS (that is, the version that those other locos were previously using).
Use 'Download this version' if necessary to get the DLS version of the asset.
Open the DLS version for editing. Edit the KUID so it obsoletes the payware version. Eg, if the payware KUID is <kuid2:1234:5678:2> then change the original version KUID to <kuid2:1234:5678:3>.
Import the editing folder. An asset with that updated KUID will be created.
Revert the downloaded/installed version to original.

Wow! That worked - with a bit of modification. I downloaded the original cab from the JR site. I couldn't delete the payware version in TANE content manager. So, I imported the cab into TS12 and updated the kuid there, exported the CDP, and installed in TANE to obsolete the payware cab. Many thanks for that suggestion.

So, I assume that if I want to modify N3V purchased assets in TRS 19, I am going to be jumping through similar hoops?

Also, is modifying a route really as easy as it sounds in TRS 19?

Thanks for all your help! I look forward to TRS 19 - and all the little challenges and triumphs it will bring.

SailorDan
January 4th, 2019, 10:39 PM
So, I assume that if I want to modify N3V purchased assets in TRS 19, I am going to be jumping through similar hoops?
This only works for payware assets that are newer versions of an existing freeware asset, or (in some cases) which replace an existing freeware asset. Assets originally created as payware do not have a downloadable version which can be edited.

Also, is modifying a route really as easy as it sounds in TRS 19?
Yes.

BuilderBob
January 4th, 2019, 11:06 PM
Wow! That worked
Pleas know that when N3V releases that asset as freewre your system might not report that an update is available, depending on the version number they choose. Therefore you could miss out on any improvements that might hve been applied to the new release. I don't kow of any simple way around this but you could regularly check with a filter such as Modified And On DLS.

dgallina
January 5th, 2019, 02:41 AM
Hi Everyone,

I love the logical elegance of DLS, the content management database, and the change control abilities this enables. These are far superior to competitors and N3V should be proud of having had so much foresight in creating them. Yet the current discussion brings up, again, the convoluted state of payware and locked (or not) assets and dependencies on and off the DLS. The issue is that there are multiple protected, overlapping and conflicting distribution mechanisms and states for the same KUIDs and no clear N3V solution for reconciling them.

DLS and its current version-control scheme mean that there is only ever a single canonical version of a given KUID revision with associated active, locked or DRM states if DLS knows anything about that asset in the first place. But that’s not actually true. The same KUID may have been pre-installed from previous Trainz versions carrying different DRM levels. Or it could have been purchased from different distributors that might or might not DRM that asset. Or the asset could come in versions compatible with different Trainz levels but have been distributed with the same KUID revision regardless. Or the KUID could be marked as inactive payware in DLS because it was legitimately purchased outside of N3V and DLS.

Since the DLS only comprehends an asset as having limited active, locked or DRM states, it will potentially break the asset or its parents if it unknowingly changes the active, locked or DRM states (or even the content itself) in an update it deploys. Sometimes this is a relatively minor inconvenience such as suddenly being unable to modify an asset that you could modify before. Other times it’s more serious, such as that unmodifiable asset breaking or itself breaking another asset that depends on it. Sometimes it’s more serious still, as when a notional upgrade from one version of Trainz to another is, in actuality, a clean install of the new Trainz followed by DLS and manual reinstalls of all your assets. Some of those assets might not be reinstallable afterwards because they are payware from a previous Trainz and are thus un-importable. Others might be reinstalled from DLS but are now marked locked payware where they weren’t before. Still others might be upgraded and directly break other things. You could theoretically choose not to install DLS-deployed updates to your existing installed assets, or for that matter to never install an upgrade of Trainz itself, but that’s unrealistic for many of us since another asset or purchase from any source can and will, sooner or later, require a affected asset to be updated.

This seems, to me, a problem of N3Vs own making in their desire to get Trainz on as many platforms as possible, in as many ways as possible, and with as much DRM as possible. Of course I want Trainz to flourish and for N3V to succeed, so I’m eager to hear their plans for resolving the issues and moving ahead.

Thanks for reading,
Diego

al_sa
January 11th, 2019, 05:29 AM
I've purchased the Gold Membership a couple hours ago and sadly while I could pick those 5 DLC's for my vault I am unable to Download Trainz 2019 itself and I've not gotten any mentions of an added FCT added to my account either. I created a support ticket, but I wanted to post here as well, so folks responsible for it can fix this issue ASAP and grant me proper access. After all I'm curious to see what new additions they've made to this game and how well it would run on my computer :) Help is much appreciated!

euromodeller
January 15th, 2019, 04:45 AM
Can I use digholes in TRS19?

MegaByte69
February 2nd, 2019, 02:20 PM
"You can cancel your membership at any time and all benefits (including access to TANE and TRS19) will end at the expiration of that billing period. "

Where does one find this information? I have looked all through the membership options and other options in My Trainz Account and I cannot find this option. There is no CANCEL membership option. I just want to cancel my up-coming payment.

JCitron
February 2nd, 2019, 02:40 PM
"You can cancel your membership at any time and all benefits (including access to TANE and TRS19) will end at the expiration of that billing period. "

Where does one find this information? I have looked all through the membership options and other options in My Trainz Account and I cannot find this option. There is no CANCEL membership option. I just want to cancel my up-coming payment.

If you are auto-paying, cancel the subscription. Your current subscription will last for the remaining days in the month and then will stop.

shaneturner12
February 2nd, 2019, 04:09 PM
Further to what John has said, visit MyTrainz > My Memberships (or use the following direct link: https://www.auran.com/planetauran/membership/memberships.php).

Look just below the 4 orange buttons for the membership you want to cancel - the Cancel Membership option is a blue link. Click that and follow the instructions.

Shane

spoona555
February 4th, 2019, 05:34 AM
Glad to hear you resolved your issue quickly, but just to correct the record - both Mac and Windows versions have the relevant setting under the "Install" tab.

cheers,

chris

Hi Chris, try as I might, I can't find the Install tab :( I can see where it would be on a Windows PC, but it's simply not there on my Mac. Is it somehow hidden after installing ?

shaneturner12
February 4th, 2019, 10:21 AM
Hi Chris, try as I might, I can't find the Install tab :( I can see where it would be on a Windows PC, but it's simply not there on my Mac. Is it somehow hidden after installing ?

Is it not on the Trainz Settings box?

Shane

spoona555
March 3rd, 2019, 01:13 AM
Is it not on the Trainz Settings box?

Shane

It is not.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wxi5eQmTdUk738rv8

The Settings categories that I can see are:
General
Video
Interface
Driver
Sound
Control
Global Interface Addons
Jointed Rail library

That's all.

SailorDan
March 3rd, 2019, 03:09 AM
It is not.
"Trainz Settings" is an option on the launcher screen. That's the very first screen that appears, before the screen where you select Driver/Surveyor etc.