PDA

View Full Version : TRS19 - Early Access Is Coming!

Pages : [1] 2

Tony_Hilliam
August 17th, 2018, 01:50 AM
The countdown has begun...

http://www.trainzportal.com/images/uploads/blog/TRS2019/f7fce9a9-8a13-478f-98d6-42e7fe84e39b.jpg (http://trs19.trainzportal.com/)

eso
August 17th, 2018, 01:58 AM
Looking good!

Vern
August 17th, 2018, 01:59 AM
A couple of questions please Tony, which I'm sure will also be of interest to other customers.

Will Steam customers (such as myself) have early access via that platform as well as those purchasing direct from N3V?

What will the early access deal and price be vs. waiting for the full release?

Given the glimpses in the teaser can you now confirm the default routes - the Canadian one obviously, but also looks like a German prototype (very nice) and a Russian route (bring it on!).

grazlash
August 17th, 2018, 02:01 AM
Can't wait, it's going to be all sorts of awesome.

ARhian7
August 17th, 2018, 02:17 AM
This is exciting. :mop:

tdstead
August 17th, 2018, 02:24 AM
Is it just me but i feel that i have not got used to all of Tane yet and still waiting for bug report and a new ones comming out already.

Tom

big_b
August 17th, 2018, 02:44 AM
Thats about 6am AEST how do we get the early access onto PC's etc

Tony_Hilliam
August 17th, 2018, 03:03 AM
Times in various locations are:

Brisbane, Australia: Thursday, 23 August 2018 at 6:00:00 am
Moscow, Russia: Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 11:00:00 pm
Berlin, Germany: Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 10:00:00 pm
London, UK: Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 9:00:00 pm
New York, USA: Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 4:00:00 pm
Los Angeles, USA (PDT): Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 1:00:00 pm

At this time, we will update a bunch of webpages, shop pages etc and your Early Access choices will be revealed :D

scratchy
August 17th, 2018, 04:29 AM
Looks good N3V, well done so far. I like the look of that German route, a shame IMO that no JointedRail routes were considered for inclusion as far as I know!

big_b
August 17th, 2018, 04:47 AM
Any chance of file sizes and specs ?

martinvk
August 17th, 2018, 05:07 AM
Looking forward to seeing more!

oknotsen
August 17th, 2018, 05:22 AM
It looks promising, but I got to ask:
Which parts of that movie are actually shot in game?
As in "could be made by us when we buy the game without using any enhancements"?
And what is the hardware used?

Tony_Hilliam
August 17th, 2018, 05:36 AM
Any chance of file sizes and specs ?
File size: 7.5GB for Early Access. Several more GB for the additional builtin content. 100GB+ for TANE builtin and DLC.

Specs, the short answer is: If you run TANE, you will run TRS19 on "like-for-like" settings at a similar frame rate.

The longer answer is:
Higher end hardware will generally see some improvements on "like-for-like" settings, and some lower end hardware that run TANE with PP off will see a slight performance drop (due to PP being required for TRS19).

There are two main new features that require higher end hardware to work well - Ultra Shaders and TurfFx. If you have mid-range hardware you may need to lower some other settings (like shadows or draw distance) to enable the new features.

Which parts of that movie are actually shot in game?
Every single shot. :)

oknotsen
August 17th, 2018, 05:53 AM
If you run TANE, you will run TRS19 on "like-for-like" settings at a similar frame rate.

Every single shot. :)
That sounds promising!

ish6
August 17th, 2018, 06:05 AM
Good Morning --

Visual and graphic looks awesome. no doubt -- But I've gone for a while, so hopefully there's more then meets the eyes under the hood!

All in all, great work N3V!!!:wave:

Kind regards
Ish

big_b
August 17th, 2018, 07:05 AM
[QUOTE=Tony_Hilliam;1696402]
There are two main new features that require higher end hardware to work well - Ultra Shaders and TurfFx. If you have mid-range hardware you may need to lower some other settings (like shadows or draw distance) to enable the new features.

Is this CPU or/and GPU related

pware
August 17th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Is this CPU or/and GPU related

TurfFx is an Nvidia product so it would be GPU based. Ultra Shaders, at a guess, would also be GPU based.

nicky9499
August 17th, 2018, 08:43 AM
Tony navigating his way around the questions that really matter like Ken Block on a gymkhana lap.
Some things never change, I guess.

RailFan500CA
August 17th, 2018, 08:52 AM
I am excited for the early access. But I will be stupid and turn TurfFx on anyways on my Windows 7 PC tower even if I did not get a GPU upgrade yet...

But will TRS2019 even be available for Windows 7?... Anyways,it seems TANE is seeing the "Golden years" now...
http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/801903/screenshots/81008/1000/Oh-N3V....jpg
l
TRS2019 is already replacing TANE...even in the Trainz gallery it has replaced TANE... and TRS2019 early access isn't even available yet...:hehe:

sterrett
August 17th, 2018, 09:05 AM
As I always do, I will buy into the new version at some point. Whether or not I do at at the Early Access point depends on several factors, not least of which is the ready availability of British content. The teaser shows American, Australian (naturally) and German stock but Britain, as the birthplace of railways, is conspicuous by its absence.

grazlash
August 17th, 2018, 09:14 AM
I am excited for the early access. But I will be stupid and turn TurfFx on anyways on my Windows 7 PC tower even if I did not get a GPU upgrade yet...

But will TRS2019 even be available for Windows 7?... Anyways,it seems TANE is seeing the "Golden years" now...
TRS2019 is already replacing TANE...even in the Trainz gallery it has replaced TANE... and TRS2019 early access isn't even available yet...:hehe:
The king is dead....long live the King

Lataxe
August 17th, 2018, 09:48 AM
As I always do, I will buy into the new version at some point. Whether or not I do at at the Early Access point depends on several factors, not least of which is the ready availability of British content. The teaser shows American, Australian (naturally) and German stock but Britain, as the birthplace of railways, is conspicuous by its absence.

I feel the same.

Moreover, it seems unlikely that any British payware would be made to the high standards of TRS19. That was the case with TANE, in which the included British content was not only sparse but rather old-fashioned in it's construction and details.

I wonder how easy it'll be to update existing routes to take advantage of the new TRS19 graphics features? To convert a TS12 route for TANE required not just the usual migration fixes but also an extensive rework to introduce more of the graphic realism that TANE was capable of, especially for textures, flora and other items lacking the degree of inherent realism that TANE can show if it's in the assets. ...... This seems a likely need for conversion to TRS19, even of already well-constructed TANE routes.

Presumably there'll be a need for content creators to rework ground textures, flora items and so forth. That seems likely to ne a mammoth task, unless I've misunderstood and some sort of automated conversion is possible.

Lataxe

heimdall
August 17th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately i won't be buying the early access of TRS2019 next Wednesday evening (UK release time) as Wednesday evening is our local Model Railway club.

However, I will be first thing Thursday morning... just can't wait...

normhart
August 17th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Not much use for those of us who can no longer connect to the DLS. see this thread https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?147562-AT-amp-T-and-the-DLS

coble12
August 17th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Not much use for those of us who can no longer connect to the DLS. see this thread https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?147562-AT-amp-T-and-the-DLS

Nope. I won't be buying early access TRS19 or day-one full release anyway after the way T:ANE's release went, but it will be useless to purchase it at all if our DLS access isn't restored.

bolea
August 17th, 2018, 03:11 PM
I would love to see videos whilst driving with its own sound, not teasers with bgm... This doesn't still convince me, I guess I'll wait for the reviews of other players then, what a shame...

CeeBee
August 17th, 2018, 03:31 PM
I need new computer to probably run it and that is a year or 2 off but I'll buy in anyway and see if it will somehow run on my 5 year old pc.

jinxjx
August 17th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Will default broken routes and sidings / signaling and glitches be fix with this new trainz or will it be ignored and forgotten like Trainz A New Era ? They never fixed the Kickstarter County siding glitch with the steam version..................:(

pware
August 17th, 2018, 04:56 PM
I need new computer to probably run it and that is a year or 2 off but I'll buy in anyway and see if it will somehow run on my 5 year old pc.

If your 5 year old PC runs TANE (as suggested by the entry in your timeline) then it will, according to N3V, also run TRS2019 and very probably on a "like-for-like" basis. In other words the performance slider settings you have set for TANE will very likely be the same for TRS2019. They add a caveat that some systems may experience a drop in performance at the current settings and those settings may have to be dropped back.

For older systems the newer TRS2019 features, such as Turf FX, etc, may require a more advanced GPU, but, according to Nvidia, Turf FX will run on any recent (900 to 1000 series) GTX cards.

My interpretations.

Matt3985
August 17th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Sigh I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to afford to purchase another Trainz game and my 2011 21.5 inch iMac is approaching 8 years old now I don’t know if it will even run the new version. :(

robd
August 17th, 2018, 05:36 PM

I agree. One can draw an analogy with wine, buy young and risk it turning to vinegar, or be patient and wait until it matures into a full bodied vintage! As regards TRS2019, I will wait!

I wholeheartedly agree with you regarding British content!

Rob.

cabnz1
August 17th, 2018, 06:21 PM
I am so looking forward to this release!

I have a high end PC with a GTX 1080Ti so I'm hoping it will run well. Saying that, this is Early Access so I (and everyone else) should expect some bugs and performance issues, that's just part of getting Early Access software. Just like TANE, it will only get better (better than it already looks) over time and I want to be part of that, watching it grow.

It's looking good guys, and it will be a day one purchase for me.

Cheers,

Craig

JCitron
August 17th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Being bound by the NDA is killing me. There's a lot I want to say but can't until next week.

You all will be pleasantly surprised when you run the early access version.

robd
August 17th, 2018, 07:06 PM
...You all will be pleasantly surprised when you run the early access version.

That's encouraging words but one can't help remembering the hideous T:ANE saga! As I say, I will wait for continuous and unbroken positive reports before purchasing, or maybe future discounted offers!

Rob.

clam1952
August 17th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Being bound by the NDA is killing me. There's a lot I want to say but can't until next week.

You all will be pleasantly surprised when you run the early access version.

+1 You want to scream it out! lol

I've even ordered a Gigabyte Aorous GTX 1080TI for it to celebrate, hopefully it will arrive sometime next week, got it ordered from the local PC shop down the road, Cheaper than online....
Not sure whether to put it in the i7 or Ryzen Rig the CPU's are pretty matched for gaming, decisions, decisions ;o) Already got a pair of new monitors, the old ones are knocking on ten years old and getting a bit dim!

Piere
August 17th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but, Will it be possible to import all my current routes, assets etc from Tane into TRS19?

Thanks for any info.

Cheers,
Piere.

robd
August 17th, 2018, 07:30 PM

I've even ordered a Gigabyte Aorous GTX 1080TI for it to celebrate, hopefully it will arrive sometime next week, got it ordered from the local PC shop down the road, Cheaper than online....
Not sure whether to put it in the i7 or Ryzen Rig the CPU's are pretty matched for gaming, decisions, decisions ;o) Already got a pair of new monitors, the old ones are knocking on ten years old and getting a bit dim!

Wow! That's like buying a new pair of shoes just because your socks have got holes in them! You must have money to burn - and all for the sake of Trainz?

Rob.

dandyz
August 17th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Really loving it myself! Though, the thing that goes through me for months is the antialiasing. In the videos there doesnt seem to be any because of the heavy compression which normally dont happen this much when antialiased.

pware
August 17th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Will it be possible to import all my current routes, assets etc from Tane into TRS19?

If an asset is working in TANE then I would fully expect that it will also work in TRS2019. Otherwise they would have to launch with only the assets specifically made for TRS2019 and with nothing from the DLS. Of course it is impossible to give an ironclad guarantee on everything, particularly stuff from 3rd party sites.

My opinions only.

CeeBee
August 17th, 2018, 08:44 PM
If your 5 year old PC runs TANE (as suggested by the entry in your timeline) then it will, according to N3V, also run TRS2019 and very probably on a "like-for-like" basis. In other words the performance slider settings you have set for TANE will very likely be the same for TRS2019. They add a caveat that some systems may experience a drop in performance at the current settings and those settings may have to be dropped back.

For older systems the newer TRS2019 features, such as Turf FX, etc, may require a more advanced GPU, but, according to Nvidia, Turf FX will run on any recent (900 to 1000 series) GTX cards.

My interpretations.
Unfortunately my card is a 600 series and the power supply would have to be replaced. Isn't worth it on my system plus I'm in a bit of a bind health wise waiting for a liver transplant so first things first if I make it that long.

big_b
August 17th, 2018, 10:01 PM
As far as the sneak peak goes
Not the slightest bit interested in any built in routes - never used one

Are there any major changes in Surveyor to make route building a bit easier
Besided the 5mtr grid option there has been no real change in tools available for landscaping / terrain forming
It's always been a bit like trying to build a model rail layout using real world construction equipment
Whether you want to take a little bit of terrain out or put a little bit in it's always the same big chunks that result

Roy3b3
August 17th, 2018, 10:45 PM
I've been waiting patiently for TRS2019 to be released; and now it's just 5 days away (luckily I live in Brisbane).

Now I can't wait to test this baby out. But I'm really interested in the depth of graphics that is built-in, which could put Trainz at the top of the market.

Congratulations to you Tony, to your team and all those beta-testers. who have contributed so much effort to bring this great product to all train-lovers.

Cheers,
Roy

JCitron
August 17th, 2018, 11:55 PM

+1!

I hope your video card comes in soon.

I run mine against an older 5930 processor and it holds up well even with SP3.

I just retired some old CRTs like that. They made their way from PC to PC to a server setup then finally now to the recycling center. They too were going on probably 15 years old now. I still wish for the clarity of the old NEC and Hitachi CRTs, but we no longer have that even with the better LED displays. What I don't miss is their huge footprint and heft behind them.

FootplatePhil
August 18th, 2018, 06:16 AM
TRS2019 looks really promising. As a cautious type I think I will hang off for general release (plus I like to add the DVDs to my Trainz releases collection. I have the full collection registered, despite what my timeline for some reason says. A download just doesn't appeal) .

I really hope that the improvements to the Base/Built-in contents match the advertised improvements in the graphics engine. My past observation is that every new release of Trainz leans more on the engine updates, and less on the unrestricted included content (ie, please NOT!!!! more supplied Payware because you got the deluxe pack - sure, deluxe pack routes can be payware, but any thing they reference should be unrestricted content also available via the DLS - so annoying as a route-builder who is trying to keep to NV3 supplied content to find others can't access the assets that came with your "deluxe" build).

Having said that, still very much looking forward to the new release. Past experience says it will not deliver everything I'd hoped for, but it will deliver stuff I didn't know I wanted.

Phil

PC_Ace
August 18th, 2018, 06:55 AM
clam1952 -

I've even ordered a Gigabyte Aorous GTX 1080TI for it to celebrate

This is a sentiment I heartily understand.
If not for the latest and greatest Trainz iteration, why else would you have an excuse to upgrade your GPU?!

Bring it on!!!

rjhowie
August 18th, 2018, 07:37 PM
I am as keen to see this as a Glaswegian getting back from Edinburgh! :Y:

amigacooke
August 19th, 2018, 01:31 AM
I expect those who want to be disappointed, will find reason to be so.

RJArtim
August 19th, 2018, 07:41 AM
I expect those who want to be disappointed, will find reason to be so.

I love that statement, a shame it is so true. I am afraid when TRS19 comes out, I won't want to play with anything else.

phimat
August 20th, 2018, 05:25 AM
The king is dead....long live the King

Yes. Tane was quite a journey. Now I'm thinking parallels with Windows XP and Vista: looks as though tr19 will merely linger in the shadow of TANE until reality intrudes and we get the equivalent of Win7, ie something that actually builds on the achievement of TANE. There is very little in tr19 to distinguish it from TANE. As for the teaser, same shiny clear air as in all the teasers for previous versions of Trainz. Yet the fact is that the TANE world can exhibit a remarkably full atmosphere when there is some mistiness, say before and after weather events, especially when there are long vistas in view. I have managed to sustain this effect by removing the rain events, so that the atmosphere will mist from time to time and in a variety of terrains.

grazlash
August 20th, 2018, 06:14 AM
I think we will find that TRS19 takes up where T:ANE leaves off. Tony has stated that it is built on the T:ANE platform, so with that as its basis I fully expect TRS19 to be at least as stable, with comparable like for like performance to SP3 and heavily rejigged graphics. It sounds promising to have our T:ANE built in and DLC routes available and according to today's email, a huge number of new routes included. We perhaps have had a teaser of a fraction of what it will launch with. No matter what we get, I doubt that I'll be disappointed.
cheers
Graeme

pcas1986
August 20th, 2018, 07:15 AM
... There is very little in tr19 to distinguish it from TANE. ...

There is quite a lot of stuff that is different. One thing I can talk about is Physically Based Rendering (PBR) as that was available in the TrainzDev version (i.e. no NDA). Assets that are made with PBR materials look very different to those made with the older materials and I'd be surprised if you didn't like it. There is a lot of new stuff coming out with this technology in the gaming industry.

The problem is that Trainz assets with PBR will be a while coming. I can't say what will be delivered with TRS19 but I am aware of several creators who have built or are building PBR assets.

boleyd
August 20th, 2018, 07:46 AM
Let's hope that PBR is user manageable. While that can create reports from users who become confused a "ons-size-fits-all" with any pictorial rendering is asking for complaints.

whitepass
August 20th, 2018, 09:34 AM
What gets rendered is determined by the content config, "trainz-build 4.5" no PBR, "trainz-build 4.6" PBR if setup for it.

martinvk
August 20th, 2018, 03:05 PM
... There is very little in tr19 to distinguish it from TANE. Better clean your crystal ball. From what I've seen, it looks very good.
As for the teaser, same shiny clear air as in all the teasers for previous versions of Trainz. Yet the fact is that the TANE world can exhibit a remarkably full atmosphere when there is some mistiness, say before and after weather events, especially when there are long vistas in view. I have managed to sustain this effect by removing the rain events, so that the atmosphere will mist from time to time and in a variety of terrains. Which goes to show that the creator and user of the route can decide what kind of look to give it. A Train for all seasons.

Vern
August 21st, 2018, 02:06 AM
I do hope that TRS2019 allows the user to save advanced graphics settings, as opposed to what happens in TANE when they revert to the simple default each time you start the game. If they make that much of an improvement, I shouldn't have to spend 10 minutes whenever I start the game copying them back in from notes on a piece of paper...

Tony_Hilliam
August 21st, 2018, 03:29 AM
Not sure which settings you are referring to Vern? My launcher and in-game graphics settings never change.

shaneturner12
August 21st, 2018, 03:43 AM
I suspect it might be the post-processing settings Tony - I've seen these reset in T:ANE quite often after closing the post processing box.

Shane

martinvk
August 21st, 2018, 06:25 AM
What settings don't survive a save? Just changed one existing session to a rainy day, lots of wind and rough water. The Post Process is also up to the max along with tree detail and scenery detail. Ran the session, saved, exited TANE and when I went back to the session, all was as I left it. This in SP3. Naturally the route was not affected since I might want to have winter day or a summer night etc for other sessions.

PS, don't think it is breaking NDA but the same thing happens in TRS19

clam1952
August 21st, 2018, 07:21 AM
Probably means the Post Processing Settings under Developer not the in game settings.

martinvk
August 21st, 2018, 07:42 AM
Do you mean the Performance tab and its settings? I've maxed them all and checked every box (just to see how far I can push it) and they have all stayed where I put them through all restarts and upgrades. Perhaps some intermediate values are not stable?

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
August 21st, 2018, 08:40 AM
I actually have just thought of something I think most of us would want. Better terrain shaping tools! Ones that allow us to accurately and precisely raise, lower and smooth the terrain out. The ones we have are OK but don't really allow us to do what you can with TransDEM. If we had that level of flexibility and control in the terrain shaping controls, I think it would be much easier to make routes then.

clam1952
August 21st, 2018, 09:18 AM
Do you mean the Performance tab and its settings? I've maxed them all and checked every box (just to see how far I can push it) and they have all stayed where I put them through all restarts and upgrades. Perhaps some intermediate values are not stable?

No, Launcher > Developer > Post Processing Settings

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/924/Q1kd76.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/poQ1kd76j)

Vern
August 21st, 2018, 11:32 AM
Thanks Malc et al, that's what I meant - the post processing settings. These have to be reinput every time. It should be made possible to perma save these so they load automatically or can be loaded from a sub menu, particularly if users have more than one favourite setup.

Tony_Hilliam
August 21st, 2018, 12:47 PM
Yep - that feature is on our list.

davesnow
August 21st, 2018, 02:02 PM
Am I just getting old or something. Is all I have to do to get this new version of Trainz is sign up for the newsletter and I get it or am I going to have to shell out some money? If so, how much will it soak me for? I can't find any info on the price. Or am I just going to be a beta tester and get a free preview copy? I'm corn-fused.. . . . .

And I have some questions. Is the road traffic going to show improvement? Will we get the long sought after ROUND copy and paste tool in Surveyor? And for that matter, are we gonna get a ROUND texture tool? Did you guys slow down the sky movement in this new version? Where is the list of improvements and additions in this new version?

Anyhow, thanks for all you guys at N3V do.

Dave

martinvk
August 21st, 2018, 04:40 PM
How do I turn that on? In my TANE SP3 Launcher I have File, Edit, Developer
In Developer I only have New Content, Rebuild Database, Show logs, Clear Logs, Show Profiler, Clear Profiler.

davesnow
August 21st, 2018, 05:08 PM
How do I turn that on? In my TANE SP3 Launcher I have File, Edit, Developer
In Developer I only have New Content, Rebuild Database, Show logs, Clear Logs, Show Profiler, Clear Profiler.

https://s8.postimg.cc/j4clws7w5/developer.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

martinvk
August 21st, 2018, 06:38 PM
Ah, so that's why I was not seeing the problem, I don't have the same menu choices.
Since I'm also at 94916. Where is the switch to turn on the extended menu?

JCitron
August 21st, 2018, 06:58 PM
Ah, so that's why I was not seeing the problem, I don't have the same menu choices.
Since I'm also at 94916. Where is the switch to turn on the extended menu?

Do you have the developer checkbox enabled to enable additional developer tools in the Dev tab?

ARhian7
August 21st, 2018, 07:02 PM
Launcher >Trainz settings > Dev > Enable advanced debug tools = tick the box
Close T:ANE down completely then relaunch.

Now you will have the "Show Post-processing Settings, under Developer.

martinvk
August 21st, 2018, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the hint, such a simple solution.

Jayco-man
August 21st, 2018, 07:49 PM
Is this going to copy over our existing game or is it and altogether a separate game. I haven't seen anything about just what's going to happen. Thanks for any feedback on what's going on.

clam1952
August 21st, 2018, 08:01 PM
Separate game.

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 12:00 AM
All will be revealed in 15h:00m:13s :)

http://trs2019.trainzportal.com/

grazlash
August 22nd, 2018, 12:55 AM
*With apologies to KFC*
​"SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"

ColPrice2002
August 22nd, 2018, 02:01 AM
All will be revealed in 15h:00m:13s :)

http://trs2019.trainzportal.com/
After that the NDA for the latest TS19 allows the betatesters to post...
Save up your questions!

Colin

HPL
August 22nd, 2018, 04:01 AM
All will be revealed in 15h:00m:13s/ (http://trs2019.trainzportal.com/)

In post #8 you wrote: "Berlin, Germany: Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 10:00:00 pm". So, at the same time in Paris. But if I refer to the countdown, it will be on 23rd at 6:00 am.

boleyd
August 22nd, 2018, 05:03 AM
It hit ZERO and reset to 24 hours. Another info light revelation.

grazlash
August 22nd, 2018, 05:23 AM
23rd at 6am on east coast of Australian time. Equivalent time everywhere else.

gp792
August 22nd, 2018, 05:28 AM
I thought it was going to be the 22nd? Why is the clock counting down again?

boleyd
August 22nd, 2018, 05:30 AM
Australian time, my time, your time -- What time? A sane approach would be to use UTC/GMT like others do BUT..............
I have no idea when there will be a release but I am just an ignorant customer. CONFUSED???

Is this a debacle or just a bad marketing tactic. Oh well, there is plenty of political corruption for the USAers to feast on in the meantime.
I have a nice new receiver/transmitter coming today so I have lots of other fun stuff to do....

clam1952
August 22nd, 2018, 05:46 AM
When I went to bed, somewhat late, it had 4 hours to go, guess it wasn't ready.

pware
August 22nd, 2018, 05:46 AM
Australian time, my time, your time -- What time? A sane approach would be to use UTC/GMT like others do BUT..............
I have no idea when there will be a release but I am just an ignorant customer. CONFUSED???

Is this a debacle or just a bad marketing tactic. Oh well, there is plenty of political corruption for the USAers to feast on in the meantime.
I have a nice new receiver/transmitter coming today so I have lots of other fun stuff to do....

Dear Ignorant & Confused Customer,

I refer you to post #8 in this thread. If, however, you are unable to access something that far back then I have posted the relevant info, from Tony himself, below:-

Yours.

pcas1986
August 22nd, 2018, 05:52 AM
I looked at the countdown last night (AEST) and it said 13 hours to go so I was a bit confused. I looked again tonight and it still said 13 hours to go which seemed correct.

Maybe its Groundhog Day.

boleyd
August 22nd, 2018, 05:56 AM
Tony was sold a perpetual clock program unknown to him. Since he failed to use a universal clock such as GMT we will now have confusion about time. Why did another 24 hours get added? Best explanation is that a last minute plea by some poor programmer that convinced N3V to not release and just take heat for a dumb choice of time zones. Watch the dance begin....

clam1952
August 22nd, 2018, 05:56 AM
Think the clock is doing it's own thing as I was a bit puzzled how it went from 1 day to 4 hours in an hour or so.

big_b
August 22nd, 2018, 06:19 AM
Tony is using his soon clock
Always soon but never quite now
but we are talking about Queensland their always different

boleyd
August 22nd, 2018, 06:20 AM
http://trs19.trainzportal.com/images/trs19.png
GET EARLY ACCESS IN ??:??:??

chris2001trainz2010
August 22nd, 2018, 07:04 AM
I swear yesterday night at 1 a.m. here on the US East Coast, the countdown said 7 hours. Now this morning it says 22 at 8 a.m., which means it's coming out on August 23rd (tomorrow) at 6 a.m. This goes against the August 22nd 4 p.m. release Tony stated in Post #8.

Methinks either someone at N3V messed up their math a whole lot, or something wasn't ready in time.

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
August 22nd, 2018, 07:20 AM
Yeah it does, I saw it too. I was up a midnight and saw 5 hours left and was expecting it to be out this morning. For whatever reason it says 21 hours until release now. I think the clock messed itself up or someone else messed it up which is rather sad. They could still change it as well to make it correct for what he said was going to be the release time today.

heimdall
August 22nd, 2018, 07:23 AM
All adds to the anticipation. On my browser it is saying 16 hours 40 mins to go which will be 06:00 am 23 August UK summertime, which is what my browser is set to.

As 06:00 am 23 August Brisbane Australia is the advised launch time, it would suggest who ever set up the count down clock, has set it to use the browsers clock (Local clock not Brisbane time).

Easy mistake to make, i have done it myself as you tend to only see the time zone that you are in, and it looks OK to you...

Anyway whether there is 7 hours 40 mins to go or, 17hrs 40 mins we shall just have to wait and see.

gawpo50
August 22nd, 2018, 07:25 AM
Well....my countdown is showing exactly correct time....as it has always done since they started the countdown.

boleyd
August 22nd, 2018, 07:26 AM
It does really not matter which time zone you are in, or the clock being used. The screen was an independent timer. A launch of a space craft will occur within 10 minutes, as an example. No matter where you are in 10 minutes of your time the fire begins. If you are in Brisbane, London or New York the timer is totally independent. In this case it counted down but there was no launch. As with NASA the clock was reset and another 24 hour period begins. Did Tony have a bad valve - probably not unless he rekindled a Univac-I computer (valve = vacuum tube).

I am going back to SP3..... Zero credibility in the "new" timer.

chris2001trainz2010
August 22nd, 2018, 07:33 AM
Well....my countdown is showing exactly correct time....as it has always done since they started the countdown.

Maybe because you're in Australia. Good for you. We're only stating how it's been extremely jumpy in areas other than Australia.

martinvk
August 22nd, 2018, 07:33 AM
What ever happened to "it will arrive when it arrives, not a moment earlier or later?" From some of the comments one would think something really important was being anticipated. It's a game, something the while away the hours and entertain.

Soon, there will be plenty of new material for the obligate complainers to rummage through and for others to praise as the best thing since ... whatever.

gawpo50
August 22nd, 2018, 07:44 AM
Maybe because you're in Australia. Good for you. We're only stating how it's been extremely jumpy in areas other than Australia.

Means we have a better clock system.......ROFLMFAO

chris2001trainz2010
August 22nd, 2018, 07:54 AM
Means we have a better clock system.......ROFLMFAO

I mean, i don't know why N3V decided to try and make a different clock for each timezone...someone earlier mentioned how NASA has one set clock regardless of region. Clears up a lot of unnecessary confusion.

Soon, there will be plenty of new material for the obligate complainers to rummage through and for others to praise as the best thing since ... whatever.

Don't worry, i'm sure you'll see a few posts of me and some others "complaining" about how TRS2019 isn't a perfect game. :o

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
August 22nd, 2018, 08:08 AM
Well what I want to know is why it was pushed back a whole day. Granted it could be a mess up but I kind of doubt it. To me it is odd he didn't send out a newsletter or put a message on here that explains why it was pushed back. My thing is I really want to know the specific PC specs and of course the price of the game. I don't care if I can't buy it right away. I just want to know those so I can determine if my PC can run it and if I can afford it right now, lol.

grazlash
August 22nd, 2018, 08:25 AM
Well what I want to know is why it was pushed back a whole day. Granted it could be a mess up but I kind of doubt it. To me it is odd he didn't send out a newsletter or put a message on here that explains why it was pushed back. My thing is I really want to know the specific PC specs and of course the price of the game. I don't care if I can't buy it right away. I just want to know those so I can determine if my PC can run it and if I can afford it right now, lol.
It hasn't been pushed back at all. 6AM Thursday 23rd August Brisbane time, has been the time and date of release since early access was announced. Go download World Clock app. Get your wallet ready about 4pm on the 22nd YOUR TIME
Graeme

chris2001trainz2010
August 22nd, 2018, 08:36 AM
It hasn't been pushed back at all. 6AM Thursday 23rd August Brisbane time, has been the time and date of release since early access was announced. Go download World Clock app. Get your wallet ready about 4pm on the 22nd YOUR TIME
Graeme

Sigh...again, in Post #8, Tony stated that the release of early access for people on the U.S. East Coast would be at 4:00 p.m. on August 22nd. Now, the clock here on said East Coast reads 20 hours and 25 minutes as of 9:35 a.m. That means the true release of Early Access is at 6 a.m. on August 23rd, like you said.

Tony announced the release of Early Access in the Eastern U.S. for 4 p.m. today in an actual forum post, but all of a sudden it's been shifted back to meet with the Australian release window. So yes, it was in fact pushed back, just not where you live.

peter997
August 22nd, 2018, 08:44 AM
Sight...again, in Post #8, Tony stated that the release of early access for people on the U.S. East Coast would be at 4:00 p.m. on August 22nd. Now, the clock here on said East Coast reads 20 hours and 25 minutes as of 9:35 a.m. That means the true release of Early Access is at 6 a.m. on August 23rd, like you said.

Tony announced the release of Early Access in the Eastern U.S. for 4 p.m. today in an actual forum post, but all of a sudden it's been shifted back to meet with the Australian release window. So yes, it was in fact pushed back, just not where you live.

The release is at the same time every where in the world. So the actual time you will see on your watch will not be the same depending of where you live. Yes, there's a bug with the timer but that's all.

Tony annonced the release at 4 pm the 22nd in San Francisco. It is now nearly 7 AM the 22nd there. Where is the problem ?:o

gawpo50
August 22nd, 2018, 08:53 AM
The release is at the same time every where in the world. So the actual time you will see on your watch will not be the same depending of where you live. Yes, there's a bug with the timer but that's all.

Tony annonced the release at 4 pm the 22nd in San Francisco. It is now nearly 7 AM the 22nd there. Where is the problem ?:o

San Francisco time is now 0653 PDT 22 Aug 2018 (that's 06:53 am for those who can't use 24 hr time format). Obviously some people can't read time properly around the world.

Vern
August 22nd, 2018, 09:21 AM
Redirecting from discussions about clocks and time zones, is the forum going to get an update with a dedicated TRS2019 section prior to release, rather than shoehorning into General?

ish6
August 22nd, 2018, 10:21 AM
What ever happened to "it will arrive when it arrives, not a moment earlier or later?" From some of the comments one would think something really important was being anticipated. It's a game, something the while away the hours and entertain.

I clicked on this thread -- been a while -- You're totally, right, sir!!! :wave:

U take care now!
Ish

boleyd
August 22nd, 2018, 10:58 AM
Some people rely on N3V for entertainment and many hours are spent with it. I take the delay seriously and am disappointed in it and the lack of information relative to it. I am a complainer which means what ?

euromodeller
August 22nd, 2018, 11:31 AM
Look, even NASA has launch problems, their mission to the sun was delayed by 24 hours earlier this month with worldwide live coverage taking place.

Sometimes game launches have set-backs.

It's not rocket science :)

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57bca3bd15d5dbdeb930b0fb/588780b8197aeaa6b4b18a50/5ae36a398a922d6d2e820e40/1524853712124/3429560.jpg?format=750w

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
August 22nd, 2018, 11:53 AM
Yeah yeah yeah, I would agree that it is "just a game" if it was my dad getting mad at Super Mario because he died...again. But this is different, I am annoyed that they didn't notify us in advance about the delay. It couldn't have been a last second thing because they should have realized they wouldn't make the date and time of release. I would understand if something went to pot at the last second though, it happens pretty often. But I still would have loved some explanation for it from the devs. Well, we in the USA will see what happens when 4 pm comes. If it isn't out by then we will know bugs, etc, were missed.

oknotsen
August 22nd, 2018, 12:34 PM
Anyone checked a clock lately?

Mine is on Berlin time and according to this list the release is not for another 2 hours.

gp792
August 22nd, 2018, 12:46 PM
Anyone checked a clock lately?

Mine is on Berlin time and according to this list the release is not for another 2 hours.

The countdown clock for me says the release isn't for another 16+ hours.

HPL
August 22nd, 2018, 12:52 PM
On Berlin time too and clock still says tomorrow at 6:00 am.

dandyz
August 22nd, 2018, 12:57 PM
Seems more like N3V messed up the time zone functionality for the timer xD They set it to August 23rd 6AM no matter the time zone lol.
At least what I think, highly doubt the release was moved exactly for the time where it's 6AM for Europe CEST.

charlie3577
August 22nd, 2018, 01:15 PM
I haven't watched the clock since 1 week later but it says the same that have always said, the release will be in 2 hours aprox.

Vals_Loeder
August 22nd, 2018, 01:31 PM
I haven't watched the clock since 1 week later but it says the same that have always said, the release will be in 2 hours aprox.

And at my computer it says 16 hours from now. It is all the same though. We just have to wait a bit longer. no problem.

oknotsen
August 22nd, 2018, 02:13 PM
So... they likely failed to test the website on different browsers or different time zones.

chris2001trainz2010
August 22nd, 2018, 02:31 PM
So... they likely failed to test the website on different browsers or different time zones.

Pretty much.

stelepe
August 22nd, 2018, 02:31 PM
30 mins to go! 9PM is the magic time here in the UK! Can't wait!

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 03:03 PM
Oops, thanks to a confused person in Wisconsin, we just discovered our countdown timer was set to 6am Aug 23 "local time" so many of you may have been watching the wrong clock. We're very sorry for the confusion.

We're now live! (Hit F5 if your page does not refresh).

dandyz
August 22nd, 2018, 03:07 PM
Pre-order now and get Early Access from Sept 7, 2018
NOIC ONE, very

$69.99
AHAH I ain't buying this. :D Thought I'd go with 40 max, well, gg N3V

GnatzED
August 22nd, 2018, 03:09 PM
Getting 404 on the Store page, if you want to buy it the old fashion way. :)

whitburncolliery
August 22nd, 2018, 03:09 PM
Well the page is live now BUT the Pre-Order TRS2019 just leads to an error page. So more bad website coding.
Not impressed by the skills shown on this web site.
And still no idea how much it will cost to pre-order.

HPL
August 22nd, 2018, 03:12 PM
A window asking for connection opens, I enter my UserID and password (I suppose they are the same as for MyTrainz), then fields go blank and nothing happens.

Vern
August 22nd, 2018, 03:12 PM
Now maybe I'm looking at this incorrectly and feel free to correct me, but looking at the shop, the only way to get early access is to join the "Gold" subscription plan for $14.99 a month or an eye watering $149 pa. Presumably this has to be paid in addition to the cost of buying TRS2019 and it's an ongoing monthly outgoing so if you cease the subscription you lose the access.

So much for early access being a reduced price to encourage user feedback. Think I'll wait until it pops up on Steam though, as I said, if I've got the facts wrong please confirm.

And that's in addition to what appears to be a $70 asking price?

Early access is supposed to be a heavily discounted period to encourage user feedback - unless of course N3V are planning to sell it on full release for even more! At current exchange rates that's around GBP#70.

Think I'll wait until it pops up for sale on Steam next year sometime... too rich for my blood.

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 03:18 PM
Shop is live (sorry for the delay)

You've got your facts wrong Vern. Gold includes TRS19 - but it would be good to try to figure out why you though it didn't.

hminky
August 22nd, 2018, 03:18 PM
GIMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE a break, really.

That is the deal $150 for early access, or $70 bucks on Sept 7.

http://www.chainsawjunction.com/image/failure1.jpg

Can you guys do anything right, really?

Harold

HPL
August 22nd, 2018, 03:20 PM
looking at the shop, the only way to get early access is to join the "Gold" subscription plan

Where is it? I can't find it anywhere on the store!

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 03:21 PM
$149 for annual which includes many hundreds of dollars of DLC items, 25% discount, ongoing FCT and it's far less than many people are paying already.
Or of course $15 for the first month (and you have a 25% discount code with that).

HPL
August 22nd, 2018, 03:23 PM
Shop is live (sorry for the delay)

Still the same issue: a window asking for connection opens, I enter my UserID and password (I suppose they are the same as for MyTrainz), then fields go blank and nothing happens.

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
August 22nd, 2018, 03:24 PM
So I went holy crap when I saw the actual price of the game. It is $70 USD! You want to wait till its on sale to get this...

dandyz
August 22nd, 2018, 03:25 PM
You can't be serious with this N3V. This is just like EA and I hope you know how much hate EA receives.

You wanna compete with other train simulators? Fix your prices first.

brucem56
August 22nd, 2018, 03:26 PM
Still the same issue: a window asking for connection opens, I enter my UserID and password (I suppose they are the same as for MyTrainz), then fields go blank and nothing happens.

Just click cancel on the login window, the page will open.

Interling
August 22nd, 2018, 03:28 PM
70 USD or more then 100 USD / Year... Made my Day - for a EA !!! :D

$149 for annual which includes many hundreds of dollars of DLC items

Sry Tony, but take a Look to DTG and now you say this? rly? Sry, the Niddertalbahn is a Free DLC from T:ANE and the Rollingstock are Free from DLS. (Take a look at the Content)

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
August 22nd, 2018, 03:30 PM
I have already bought a $50 game. It was on sale for about 80% off though. This game better be on sale a lot then or else no one will buy it.

Swordfish
August 22nd, 2018, 03:32 PM
I have a FCT for live, that is until the year 2035. If I buy TRS2019 for one year for $ 150 how are the $ 2 per month for the FCT subtracted?

Regards

Swordfish

PS: The Future of Trainz will be expensive. There are a lot of payware DLC necessary for this system, and I think, some of the freeware authors will turn to payware ones.

RailFan500CA
August 22nd, 2018, 03:33 PM

I get the same issue. I also used the username and password as my mytrainz account uses... and 70 dollars US for the TRS2019 early access?... I find that insane...:n: might as well save up for a new video card to run T:ANE instead...

gp792
August 22nd, 2018, 03:34 PM
Question - Tony, if I pre-ordered TRS19 would I have to pay $70.00 right now, or would I not owe the money until the release date of the full version?

peterwhite
August 22nd, 2018, 03:34 PM
Glad I've got TANE DRM free. Because when N3V go out of business I can still play trainz.........

HPL
August 22nd, 2018, 03:36 PM
Just click cancel on the login window, the page will open.

Thanks, it worked! I wonder who coded the page...

celje
August 22nd, 2018, 03:37 PM
I have a valid fct until 2037, what, N3V, you suggest that i must do to buy TRS19.

N3V , very funny

ARhian7
August 22nd, 2018, 03:37 PM
I get the same issue. I also used the username and password as my mytrainz account uses... and 70 dollars US for the TRS2019 early access?... I find that insane...:n: might as well save up for a new video card to run T:ANE instead...

When the sign in pops up again , just click on "cancel" and the page will load.

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
August 22nd, 2018, 03:39 PM
No, $70 is just for preordering the early access game which comes out on Sep 7. $150 a year is for everything, early access, etc and you get 2 months free. If the early access is $70, I can't imagine what the full game will cost. Seriously, with that price I expect to get like 10 routes, a crap ton of locos and rolling stock and thousands of assets.

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 03:45 PM
I have a valid fct until 2037, what, N3V, you suggest that i must do to buy TRS19.

N3V , very funny

Hi Celje. You have a discount code for $24 off per year or $2 off per month.
Click My Discount Codes to find your code.

Btw, everyone with an active FCT have two discount codes - one for monthly membership and one for the annual option.

Steyrtal
August 22nd, 2018, 03:45 PM
Good evening!

I dont get it, what justies that price? I know there is a lot of work in TRS19, but whats new? Some PBR, new shader and some old content from the DLS?
With some good looking objects i will get the same result with Trainz A New Era, for about 40 Bucks Shop Price and about 9 Bucks in sale.
The next point, its early access with no release date. DayZ is still in Beta after years... i am getting a uncomfortable feeling with this.

I am disappointed, i am supporting Trainz since 2004, even T:ANE with Kickstarter, but i am not willing to pay 69 Bucks for an early access with some old goulash s... DLC's in it.

Greetz,

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 03:48 PM
If the early access is $70, I can't imagine what the full game will cost.

There are 6 routes included, each one worth $20-$40 on their own. The price upon release will [most likely] be $69.99 but without the 90 day FCT (worth $11).

While we understand that $69 is a premium price point for a "game", the fact is that Trainz is a hobby. And a hobby that costs less than 50 cents a day is pretty much unheard of.

People looking at $149 a year for "the game" aren't seeing the value included in that offer. Some people are happily paying hundreds of dollars a year to access much of the DLC, while Gold Class gives you first look at every new DLC item, and then access to the back catalogue PLUS the game and an FCT and a 25% discount code at a fraction of that.

SpalterBockerl
August 22nd, 2018, 03:55 PM
hi,

i get a gold membership....

but what about my old lifetimeticket....think run next 22 Years.... for Versions til Tane only??

regards

spalterbockerl

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 04:04 PM
spalterbockerl > You have a discount code you can apply to your membership (see My Discount Codes). I will arrange a partial refund for you for this month.

cascaderailroad
August 22nd, 2018, 04:05 PM
Glad I've got TANE DRM free. Because when N3V go out of business I can still play trainz.........
You will be able to run Trainz with the DRM version also ... but both, the DRM Free, and DRM versions, you will both loose all your purchased DLC after 30 days elapses as the N3V servers would cease, and the CM would not function, and the Forum would disappear

Vern
August 22nd, 2018, 04:06 PM
When Farming Simulator 2019 has just gone on pre-order for £29.99 at Steam, whichever way N3V try and spin this, the pricing is atrocious. Should be £20 for early access and no more than £30 on release.

chris2001trainz2010
August 22nd, 2018, 04:06 PM
So i'm gonna buy the Pre-Order because i'm a masochist, i guess. I currently have an FCT that's good til February, i believe. Will that FCT still work for TRS2019 or will i have to upgrade to an FCT Membership right after buying TRS2019?

JCitron
August 22nd, 2018, 04:07 PM
hi,

i get a gold membership....

but what about my old lifetimeticket....think run next 22 Years.... for Versions til Tane only??

regards

spalterbockerl

Your current tick will work just the same. You will now have two FCTs. :)

I have the same Lifetime ticket, and purchased the "old" style version, which comes with a 90-day ticket.

Interling
August 22nd, 2018, 04:09 PM
There are 6 routes included, each one worth $20-$40 on their own. The price upon release will [most likely] be $69.99 but without the 90 day FCT (worth $11).

The Niddertalbahn is a free DLC from T:ANE and it´s not worth 20-40 USD! And if i look at the screenshots I see many free DLS content, nothing new (Niddertalbahn). Take a look at the bogie on the screen from the Eaos, looking like the old free T:ANE stuff from cj187 free on DLS The Trainz Route Kickstarter County is from T:ANE (Product Site ;) )

Now we have 4 premium routes, not 6.

DBuz 747 Passenger Cars & Tnfrhs Refrigerator Wagon, this quality content you will get for 2,99 USD in Steam.

Tony, i love Trainz but 69,99 USD for a game without FCT and "old" content is crazy!

I think it´s Time for TRS without DLC´s... ;)

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 04:09 PM
And our demise has been predicted many times before, but we're stubborn old codgers that just won't go away. :)

TANE has been the most successful version of Trainz ever (which I know is hard for some to believe), and we're confident that once people see the reviews for TRS19 coming in they will begin to "see the light".

Question - Tony, if I pre-ordered TRS19 would I have to pay $70.00 right now, or would I not owe the money until the release date of the full version?

Pre-order and pay now. Get access on Sept 7, upgrade free to the official version upon release.

Interling
August 22nd, 2018, 04:13 PM
Thats not the Point - Tony!

SpalterBockerl
August 22nd, 2018, 04:14 PM
ok found my discount code....

where to apply?

chris2001trainz2010
August 22nd, 2018, 04:15 PM
And our demise has been predicted many times before, but we're stubborn old codgers that just won't go away. :)

Seriously dude, you gotta stop being oblivious to criticism like this. We get it, you like playing the "our game is great, haters gonna hate" game for a long while, but really, stop trying to act like your company is perfect.

I probably just undermined my entire point by buying TRS2019 but we'll see if that truly was a bad decision or not later.

ish6
August 22nd, 2018, 04:18 PM
Hello Tony, sir

I am curious, and I now this question will come up:

Trainz 2019 = 70$
Gold Membership = 150$
Total will be 220!

Also, I got one sugestion: can the discount membership in my discount account remain ready to be use anytime of the year!? (For all trainz register users)

And Also, how come I haven't read anywhere about multiplayer surveyor … It was a big discussion about this subject last year!

All in all, everything looks great -- great job -- U guys at N3V should be proud!

And I do understand the member-thing --- After all it's a business that needs to grow, and there's nothing wrong with that! Not sure why folks knock it!

Thanks for reading post! :)
Ish

chris2001trainz2010
August 22nd, 2018, 04:21 PM
Geez, i really can't decide if i hate N3V today or if i don't, huh?

On the MyTrainz page, it says i have a discount code for $14 off available for a yearly membership. But when i put in the code on the Order Summary page, it says "invalid coupon code". So do i have a discount on a $40 membership or not?

celje
August 22nd, 2018, 04:21 PM
Hi Celje. You have a discount code for $24 off per year or $2 off per month.
Click My Discount Codes to find your code.

Btw, everyone with an active FCT have two discount codes - one for monthly membership and one for the annual option.

Something is not good. If i take Gold Class for one ( 1) month then i can download TRS19 early and final release and have TANE Access. After one month all expire and , it seems, i lost access to my TANE . And more i lost my life FCT because i was agree to take this Gold Class, this mean, that i change my agreement for life fct with you.

Description

Discount Code
Value
Expires

Monthly Member Discount - Lifetime

FCTL-h5ez3cpC

$2 per mth forever

30 September 2018

REDEEM (https://www.auran.com/planetauran/membership/memberships.php)

Lifetime Annual Discount

AFCTL-2CTQeUGh
$24 per year
30 September 2018

REDEEM (https://www.auran.com/planetauran/membership/memberships.php)

I hope that I'm wrong, but i need your exact answer.

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
August 22nd, 2018, 04:24 PM
Yeah that ain't the point. I imagine all the reviews will say "super amazing but outrageous price for the game". Guys, look at every other game out there with lighting and graphics this good. FS19 is only $30 and has way more than TRS19 offers from the get go. Those routes are not worth $20 at min each, that adds up to $120 min. They are probably worth $5-$10 each and not even close to $40. DLCs are something we do not need in the default/vanilla game, period. All DLCs do is increase the price. Also, I can get Dovetail's Train Sim World for $20 cheaper and a separate DLC for the price you guys are asking for TRS19. TSW ALSO has the same amount of detail and graphics that TRS19 does and you can move around on the ground in first person.

TheTiger
August 22nd, 2018, 04:27 PM
Wow Tony!

Just had my hands on the early access for the first few minutes.
In a childish way, it felt like when I first started Trainz v1.0. So much progress....
Love the new GUI in drive mode...

And can't wait to spend hours playing around in Drive mode and Surveyor.

Thank you to you and the awesome team and congratulation on the early access release day.
You made my day, and I can not stop smiling, just like I did in 2001. :D:udrool::mop:

Interling
August 22nd, 2018, 04:32 PM
Now we have 4 premium routes, not 6.
DBuz 747 Passenger Cars & Tnfrhs Refrigerator Wagon, this quality content you will get for 2,99 USD in Steam. Edit: The other from Niddertalbahn are free (from T:ANE)

Tony, can i get an answer to my question about the calculations for the routes?

Thank you and please dont play the old hater card. :P

shaneturner12
August 22nd, 2018, 04:33 PM
Looks like it's going to be a bit before I look into getting TRS19 looking at the current price of it (and I'm not going to be looking into the monthly/annual options as I don't want to be tied into another monthly/annual outgoing just for one game/simulator (I originally thought the monthly/annual aspects would have been for certain Surveyor aspects, not the whole game)).

Shane

celje
August 22nd, 2018, 04:43 PM
Looks like it's going to be a bit before I look into getting TRS19 looking at the current price of it (and I'm not going to be looking into the monthly/annual options as I don't want to be tied into another monthly/annual outgoing just for one game/simulator (I originally thought the monthly/annual aspects would have been for certain Surveyor aspects, not the whole game)).

Shane

Yes me too.

I'm very close to letting go of this TRS19

ARhian7
August 22nd, 2018, 04:46 PM
When I purchase Early access TRS2019 the traditional way and not purchase any fct membership, are my current fcts valid till their use by date?
Or is it mandatory to purchase (my preference) the membership US$39.99 to be able to access the dls and redeem the "My Discount codes" instead. The discount codes are saying invalid when entered into "Order summary" at the FCT page.

Will T:ANE and other trainz versions still have access to the dls?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but there is so much information here at present, I am getting rather confused...or maybe just need some more coffee.

sdiesel
August 22nd, 2018, 04:46 PM
Wow, rofl, I mean really....wow. love how bad the gaming industry is now. Release games unfinished with bugs has been the norm for way to long. Patches that end up breaking more than fixing....IF a patch comes(which btw will be late). Now we get all that crap AND we gotta pay more. I stopped buying ea games before the insanity, seems enough ppl did not, look what we get lol.

Tane was nice, but not enough of a performance improvement with a nice comp from ts12. But broke the ability to edit payware routes(yes...sessions work).
I ain't no fool, join my EA don't buy list N3V. Least you have a friend lol.

bblake8480
August 22nd, 2018, 04:59 PM
Trainz 2019 = 70$
Gold Membership = 150$
Total will be 220!

I don't think this is accurate. If you pay for the Gold Membership at $150, you get 2019. You don't ALSO pay the $70 for 2019. It's included with the Gold subscription.

NICKEL
August 22nd, 2018, 05:03 PM
Wow. $69.99 USD. Now that is close to $100 Canadian. Not going to happen.

Bye

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 05:06 PM
Correct Barret - The Gold Class membership includes game access. It looks like we need to make that clearer (although I am not sure how).

For the FCT people - your discount code doesn't affect your active ticket. It will continue to tick down like it does if you don't use your discount code.

martinvk
August 22nd, 2018, 05:08 PM
On MyTrainz page, it invites me to:

Check the "Product Downloads" section in the left menu to find
links to download the latest versions Trainz A New Era or TRS19.

Product Downloads
Download TANE
Download TMR17
Download TD2016

I think the page needs an update too.

bolea
August 22nd, 2018, 05:08 PM
I just came here to laugh very hard... So what happened to those "demo" concept in the 2000's? To try first the game before actually buying it, I speak for myself, but I think that others share these words of mine too...

If you think I'm going to pay monthly for a demo, think again...

Let me recap, following the "history" of Trainz along these years without "deep" refurbishments to the sim, I was willing to give Auran-N3V another chance with TRS 2019, I will say that T:ANE does look indeed quite stupendous but again, the built in content has much to desire... So here we are today, waiting all hyped up with the early access, with no actual game footage but "artistic-in game screenies", no reviews of what is new in the sim, no driving videos, nothing...

But a video stuck with BGM and no actual game sound... I have to say that using a horn that comes with Trainz 1.1.1 in a new Trainz sim, doesn't help in getting interested in this new version.

As a company you do have the right to do whatever you want and or think is correct, but you'll have to agree with me that you aren't expecting people be happy for an early access, even more when you have to pay for it and there is nothing to actually see...

But a teaser... Oh dear lord... My words might sound tragic, but fortunately I know it ain't the end of the world as we know it, again, don't expect people to be happy if you don't listen to your customers...

Apologies to anyone if my words sound "harsh", but writing is totally different than speaking, still, I think I have the right to say it as I DO want N3V-Auran to give me reasons to actually buy the game, really, I do, so convince me.

martinvk
August 22nd, 2018, 05:16 PM
So what happens to existing FCT or the old Lifetime Tickets? Mine expires at the end of my life or 06 May 2036 whichever comes first.
Will they continue to work in TRS19 or are the new Silver and Gold classes replacing the existing ones? Are the new ones backwards compatible with previous versions of Trainz or will people need both to get all the benefits?

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 05:19 PM
Bolea - we believe people like TheTiger will convince you...

Wow Tony!
Just had my hands on the early access for the first few minutes.
In a childish way, it felt like when I first started Trainz v1.0. So much progress....
Love the new GUI in drive mode...

And can't wait to spend hours playing around in Drive mode and Surveyor.

Thank you to you and the awesome team and congratulation on the early access release day.
You made my day, and I can not stop smiling, just like I did in 2001. :D:udrool::mop:

martinvk
- No change to your FCT. Check the TRS19 FAQ page (http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs) for more details on your membership discount.

CeeBee
August 22nd, 2018, 05:20 PM
The incessant whining is a bit much. If it's too rich for your blood, don't buy it. Isn't that simple?

ish6
August 22nd, 2018, 05:28 PM
I don't think this is accurate. If you pay for the Gold Membership at $150, you get 2019. You don't ALSO pay the $70 for 2019. It's included with the Gold subscription.

Ish

ARhian7
August 22nd, 2018, 05:29 PM
For the FCT people - your discount code doesn't affect your active ticket. It will continue to tick down like it does if you don't use your discount code.

Thanks. :)

Jayco-man
August 22nd, 2018, 05:34 PM
So if I take the gold at 14.99 a month, that's 179.88 for the year right. I already have Tane SP3, so I fell like I'm paying all over again for it just because I have access to it in Gold. This seems a little high for me if I've got all this right. Can you please break this down so I know what I paying for.

pware
August 22nd, 2018, 05:42 PM
What a load of hysteria.

Maybe N3V did not explain things clearly enough on their TRS19 website (but I had no trouble understanding it).

The simplest and easiest option, and the one that I will eventually take up, is to purchase the game outright in the "old fashioned" way from the store with no frills such as annual or monthly subscriptions, or gold/silver memberships. I already have a "lifetime" FCT until 2036 (when the Unix Y2K event occurs but by then I will probably be in the great engine shed in the sky) so the FCT options do interest me. In the past I have purchased some DLC items for TS12 and TANE, but not many, so the options which provide all the DLC likewise do not interest me - I will still be able to "pick and choose" what I want, if I want it.

The price, ~$US70, is steeper that I remember T:ANE costing but to me is not exorbitant and certainly not for something that is a lot more than "just a game". Different people of course will have different definitions of what a game price should be but I note that despite all the criticisms of companies such as EA with their prices for what I see as inferior games, those companies still seem to be doing very nicely. People will always pay, regardless of the price, for something that they like and so far I have not seen anything in this thread that suggests otherwise.

Roine
August 22nd, 2018, 05:44 PM
15$/month and when you stop your subscription you'll lose everything. That are a**hole tactics to sell your glorified DRM subscription. I bought TANE-col, for the full price at pre-order. It was a 1 time payment and there is DLC to purchase and a faster download subscription for 3-4$/month which is absolutely fine. Now this, this is just tactics from which Electronic Arts can learn. The subscription should not be 150$ for a year, when you lose everything when you cancel your subscription. Taking DRM and greed to a new level.

clam1952
August 22nd, 2018, 05:45 PM
So where is the early access for those for do not want to participate in a subscription scam.
Not impressed , you end up paying a lot more than just buying the sim. So if I read this right those who do not want subscription rubbish and want to buy it normally don't get early access until next month? Not what you have been advertising is it. False advertising and letting down many of your long term supporters.
Don't need an FCT I have a lifetime one or is that getting cancelled?

Alco_P-A
August 22nd, 2018, 05:51 PM
Is the 69.00 2019 a digital dl or a dvd box set?

big_b
August 22nd, 2018, 05:52 PM
Well being a pensioner i think my journey of a life time may have come to an end
The TS19 - shining brightly dollar signs are a bit rich for me
This game used to be enjoyable now it only seems
the more you enjoy it the more you have to pay
I'll stick with TANE unless things change
Trainz
A
New
End

warwon
August 22nd, 2018, 05:58 PM
Wish there was more information on importing content from steam :(

SpalterBockerl
August 22nd, 2018, 06:04 PM
my route spalt-georgensmünd from DLS, made for TANE...

A new look . Settings needed.. thgis is first own route in 2019.

http://up.picr.de/33636142fm.jpg

Loco old 2004 type from DLS

TANE was a great new Performance. 2019 show more like a real picture...i know many things to do .... THX to this new Version:)

eso
August 22nd, 2018, 06:10 PM
Should change the name to TRS20-19.99/mo

Driver_Col
August 22nd, 2018, 06:11 PM
Perhaps I have misunderstood something with TRS2019 (it happens - aging!), but it would appear to me that the gold/silver options include access to assets not otherwise available? Being a Route builder, who gets a lot of pleasure from seeing his Routes enjoyed around the world, the last thing I need is a database which includes assets that will not be available to other users (those who do not take the gold/silver packages). If correct, then the basic TRS2019 is the only practical way for me to go. Regards. Colin.

Fercyful
August 22nd, 2018, 06:11 PM

but can you keep the game after the gold year ends? NO. That's is bad :confused:

If we pay for support and early access they can (at least) give the game to you at the end of the first gold year. (without the DLCs of course)

If this change MAYBE I will buy

amigacooke
August 22nd, 2018, 06:12 PM
No subscription from me, I wonder how long before the first sale?

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the image SpalterBockerl - looks a million dollars to me :D

So if I take the gold at 14.99 a month, that's 179.88 for the year right. I already have Tane SP3, so I fell like I'm paying all over again for it just because I have access to it in Gold. This seems a little high for me if I've got all this right. Can you please break this down so I know what I paying for.
Jayco-man, here are some responses to that for you to ponder:
* There is an Annual option to save you $30/year
* TRS19 is a leap forward from TANE (as you can see in the image above - it really does have a totally new, more realistic feel)
* The price includes an FCT (and a discount for those with existing FCTs of $2/mth or $24/year)
* It also includes a huge range of DLC items
* Plus a 25% discount on the store

So comparing apples with apples, it is far cheaper than what many people are currently paying. True it is more than many are paying also, but they are not getting the same value.

Should change the name to TRS20-19.99/mo
Eso - that got a chuckle from me (I hope we're still allowed to chuckle).

How about: TRS14.99/mo-with-FCT+25%discount+alltheDLCyoueverwant?

Forester1
August 22nd, 2018, 06:18 PM
No Tony, it is a constant cost instead of a choice of purchases. This REALLY should have been let out along with the hype .Instead of shock and awe, you are getting awe, followed by SHOCK!

johnwhelan
August 22nd, 2018, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the image SpalterBockerl - looks a million dollars to me :D

Jayco-man, here are some responses to that for you to ponder:
* There is an Annual option to save you $30/year
* TRS19 is a leap forward from TANE (as you can see in the image above - it really does have a totally new, more realistic feel)
* The price includes an FCT (and a discount for those with existing FCTs of $2/mth or $24/year)
* It also includes a huge range of DLC items
* Plus a 25% discount on the store

So comparing apples with apples, it is far cheaper than what many people are currently paying. True it is more than many are paying also, but they are not getting the same value.

But to create the better looking content you need a PBR subscription of around $150 a year, its $100 can to buy the basic game, it needs an nVidia card and a GTX 1070 was mentioned which I assume becomes a RTX 2070 now. It's getting too pricey for me.

Cheerio John

eso
August 22nd, 2018, 06:22 PM
Eso - that got a chuckle from me (I hope we're still allowed to chuckle).

How about: TRS14.99/mo-with-FCT+25%discount+alltheDLCyoueverwant?

Glad you saw the humourous side. Since it would be $NZ for me how about TR$22.88?

pagroove
August 22nd, 2018, 06:30 PM
I think I can wait.

Just enjoying SP3. And just started making sessions for my recently released route. I don't want to go through fields of frustration again like when I first got TANE. So patience is the keyword for me here. :D.

TRS 2019 looks fine but looks are not everything.

pcas1986
August 22nd, 2018, 06:32 PM
I just did the calculations and Trainz will now cost me about $212 (Aust) (edit: wrong calculation. Should be $178Au) per year for a gold membership. That takes into account my lifetime FCT discount.

My Trainz hobby interests are making content and helping others make content. The lure of cheaper DLC does nothing for me as I already have a bunch of that and I never use it.

I also have subscriptions for content creation tools that far exceed the actual cost of a Gold Membership. I dare not think how much this hobby costs me per year.

I'd like to subscribe to a Gold Membership but am really struggling to find a good reason.

big_b
August 22nd, 2018, 06:44 PM
Is Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 "Early Access" - Pre-orders (https://store.trainzportal.com/products/trainz-railroad-simulator-2019)At roughly $95 Aust a full blown game on disk the same as tane was
with all the included new features ?

Can this boxed version shown be used the same way I use my current boxed version of tane now
using my lifetime FCT
Accessing the DLS when required without having anying to do with Monthly membership

amigacooke
August 22nd, 2018, 06:47 PM
If I understand the Trainz plus feature, for the majority of the time, there will be different versions of TRS19 on the go at the same time.

Sounds like a support nightmare. This is a big risk.

clam1952
August 22nd, 2018, 06:48 PM
Not much in this for Route builder and Content creators who are not likely to be using DLC........

warwon
August 22nd, 2018, 06:48 PM
guess if you got content on steam, you are screwed yikes

gawpo50
August 22nd, 2018, 07:00 PM
Not happy either. Stuff the subscription service...that costs $AUD245 plus per yr........for a game. $AUD95 for boxed version......I know which route I'll go. I already pay a subscription to Adobe and Substance Painter, I sure as hell ain't paying a subscription to a game.

Have to agree with this statement:

WE are getting ripped off, if you don't want to spend loads of cash on a subscription scam there is no early access until September, pretty much disgusted and not what we were lead to believe, those who want to buy it properly are treated like second class citizens and made to wait, which is probably most of us in here.

pware
August 22nd, 2018, 07:12 PM
Not much in this for Route builder and Content creators who are not likely to be using DLC........

Which is why the simple purchase option with no frills is the one for me. I have a limited selection of DLC which I rarely use. I prefer building my own routes and occasionally I build some sessions for DLS routes.

Tony_Hilliam
August 22nd, 2018, 07:19 PM
A rip-off, by definition is when you pay for something and you don't get it, and I don't see how that conclusion is arrived at here.

For people who don't want to get all the extra value from a membership, the decision is simple - don't join.

We're totally happy for people to buy from the store just as they did previously. That's why that option is available, as we know subscription isn't for everyone.

But given that there are many more people choosing the Gold Class option than the store option, not everyone thinks the same way.

Each to their own - just make your choice and enjoy.

grazlash
August 22nd, 2018, 07:30 PM
I've never had so much fun with Trainz, I haven't been able to keep away from it. Thanks Tony and the team for delivering my dream Trainz.
I was a beta tester for a short time and enjoyed every minute of the experience. I'm looking forward to making more contributions to help the best Trainz ever, even better.
Remenber guys, this is still a beta but it's better than T:ANE even now. I've already paid for a 1 year subscription and will get the boxed version as well. (How will that work Tony?)
I'm a route builder but more into HD scenery and there is more than enough to keep me interested. New things to play with in post processing and settings to tweak. I've also found using the bulk replace tool can make a somewhat drab older route come alive with PBR textures and I haven't even played with clutter layers yet.
Congratulations again on the best Trainz EVER.
http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/733846/screenshots/81449/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
cheers
Graeme

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
August 22nd, 2018, 07:32 PM
What value? What if you don't want all that extra crap for no reason. A rip off in my opinion is when you pay way too much for something that is worth half or 25% of what you paid for it. Yes it can also be when you don't get the item period. I don't think you guys understand that if you overprice anything, very little people will actually spend money on it. It is like Lionel trains today. Their crap is so much money you have to be super rich to buy it just like back in the Great Depression. Their locos are anywhere from $700 - $2000! No one in their right mind would pay that much for a model! I sure wouldn't, that is a rip off. $70 is too much for a video game. I can get 2 brand new pieces of model rolling stock for less then that! It honestly should be competing with Train Sim World. In short, you guys lost to Dovetail with your game being $20 more for, well, no reason.

clam1952
August 22nd, 2018, 07:34 PM
You haven't explained why we all were promised early access when there was no indication of a class system, a lot of us were waiting for the release only to find that unless you subscribe you can only pre-order and have to wait until September, kind of dampened my enthusiasm having been busy updating some of Content that had problems in the beta so it was ready on the DLS for today and was looking forward to getting the actual early access today rather than the beta which probably won't last until September. Put bluntly disappointed. :(

dandyz
August 22nd, 2018, 07:51 PM
Can you imagine N3V how great this version would go even better if it cost a little less?

You just don't seem to care about the rise of your community. You create a pricey half of the game and another pricey half of the game for your long staying Trainz fans who eat everything you do and say and live with their incoming money. You need to think that there are more popular Train Sim World and Train Simulator, which cost half the price of TRS19. How you wanna get new people? I hope I won't get banned by saying those two games.

As a guy always prefering Trainz since 2008, I'm truly disappointed in extreme pricey direction of Trainz currently going. TRS19 is the best looking train simulator I've ever seen, and this production is ruined just because of a really bad marketing. You didn't learn from your mistakes N3V. RIP

I understand that the price of software raises and it will, but this is a too steep case. Purchasing a Gold Class to get earlier Early Access by 2 weeks is literally an insult to us.

grazlash
August 22nd, 2018, 08:06 PM
Can you imagine N3V how great this version would go even better if it cost a little less?

I understand that the price of software raises and it will, but this is a too steep case. Purchasing a Gold Class to get earlier Early Access by 2 weeks is literally an insult to us.

So... If you want cheap, continue to use T:ANE until TRS19 goes on sale.
You're expectations were obviously higher that what N3V are delivering. AND they never said what they were delivering. Sorry your expectations weren't met, but hey, thats life.
I'm very happy with TRS19.
Cheers
Graeme

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
August 22nd, 2018, 08:07 PM

You just don't seem to care about the rise of your community. You create a pricey half of the game and another pricey half of the game for your long staying Trainz fans who eat everything you do and say and live with their incoming money. You need to think that there are more popular Train Sim World and Train Simulator, which cost half the price of TRS19. How you wanna get new people? I hope I won't get banned by saying those two games.

As a guy always prefering Trainz since 2008, I'm truly disappointed in extreme pricey direction of Trainz currently going. TRS19 is the best looking train simulator I've ever seen, and this production is ruined just because of a really bad marketing. You didn't learn from your mistakes N3V. RIP

I agree, their strategy for marketing this thing is all wrong. Any gullible person or a person with gobs of money will purchase the game right now. N3V really does need to consider competitors. Its not like their the only gaming company making a train simulator, but they sure act like it.

dandyz
August 22nd, 2018, 08:26 PM
So... If you want cheap, continue to use T:ANE until TRS19 goes on sale.
You're expectations were obviously higher that what N3V are delivering. AND they never said what they were delivering. Sorry your expectations weren't met, but hey, thats life.
I'm very happy with TRS19.
Cheers
Graeme
Enjoy your TRS2019 indeed, I'd love to play it too, but remember that you're the one that supports their awful marketing strategy, most hated strategy to be ever known and kills the whole gaming industry... probably... it might become a standard right now to make content as an addition to the game, I don't even know. And paying monthly to have access to that content of the game... WHAAT. I've never seen that with EA even. xD

Roine
August 22nd, 2018, 08:54 PM
By this point we must accept that DTG has a better buisinessmodel than N3V.

pcas1986
August 22nd, 2018, 08:59 PM
I just corrected my earlier post about the predicted cost for me. The actual cost was $178 (Aust).

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS
August 22nd, 2018, 10:07 PM
I just corrected my earlier post about the predicted cost for me. The actual cost was $178 (Aust).

:eek:, that is $130 in USD! That is an absolutlely outrageous price!

martinvk
August 22nd, 2018, 10:30 PM
From all the noise, a casual visitor might think that people were being forced to buy TRS19. Everyone can make their own ROI calculation and if the latest bells and whistles are not worth it, don't buy. Unless you've been beta testing, not sure how you can make an informed opinion on what it's actually worth but that never stopped rumors and speculation. Once the first early adopters report in, we can all learn what it's really like. Then a ROI meaningful calculation can be made. Meanwhile TANE still works as do all the previous versions.

KotangaGirl
August 22nd, 2018, 10:50 PM
I still run TS2009 and I picked up TANE in a sale about two years ago and I'm only just starting to use it now. Most probably I'll do the same with TS2019 and pick it up in a sale three years from now. I really don't give a fig for bundled routes and DLS as it's nothing I'm interested in. Now if a copy of Trainz was released with no routes and no bundled content and just the base game engine along with surveyor I'd buy that like a shot.

Alco_P-A
August 22nd, 2018, 11:20 PM
Still looking to hear from someone on what the boxed version has in it and is it a dvd version with a manual. The $70.00 price could of been higher so be glad that it's not.

pware
August 23rd, 2018, 12:20 AM
Any gullible person or a person with gobs of money will purchase the game right now. N3V really does need to consider competitors. Its not like their the only gaming company making a train simulator, but they sure act like it.

Isn't that what the "Free Market" is all about? Letting the market (i.e. the customers) decide what a product is worth? By that I mean the sales figures will give the final result, not the "noise" from those screaming through their megaphones.

From what I have seen of the competition, N3V could have charged a lot more and not needed to worry. As far as I am concerned there is no competition. Without even having a copy (yet) I will predict that TS19 will be the best and most profitable version ever (at least until TS23 is released).

I (a "gulliible" person with "gobs" of money - I wish) will be buying the game as a standalone package when it is released next month, the subscription or gold/silver packages do not interest me - that's the "Free Market" in action.

amigacooke
August 23rd, 2018, 01:03 AM
TRS19 is a great idea for N3V, not so sure it's a great idea for the consumer.

For this macOS user there is a clear performance improvement over macTANE on the same hardware. I was expecting to put money on the table today, but having seen the pricing options, I'm borderline hovering between bewildered and disappointed.

amigacooke
August 23rd, 2018, 01:08 AM
Their locos are anywhere from $700 - $2000! No one in their right mind would pay that much for a model!

Clearly, you're not familiar with Star Citizen.

Tony_Hilliam
August 23rd, 2018, 01:11 AM
Good to hear of your Mac performance improvements (and thanks for your testing support - we fixed that startup assertion you reported ;).

It's only great for N3V if sufficient consumers also see it as great. Currently the numbers appear to be going in our favour, with strong Gold Class signups and pre-order sales running well ahead of the TANE day 1 launch. Interestingly for TANE there was a Standard, Deluxe and Collectors Edition option. The average price back then is almost spot on the USD$69 for TRS19 today.

Vals_Loeder
August 23rd, 2018, 01:22 AM
A subscription based Trainz; that is a nasty surprise. I am out!

amigacooke
August 23rd, 2018, 01:31 AM
Good to hear of your Mac performance improvements (and thanks for your testing support - we fixed that startup assertion you reported ;).

It's only great for N3V if sufficient consumers also see it as great. Currently the numbers appear to be going in our favour, with strong Gold Class signups and pre-order sales running well ahead of the TANE day 1 launch. Interestingly for TANE there was a Standard, Deluxe and Collectors Edition option. The average price back then is almost spot on the USD$69 for TRS19 today.

As access to TRS19 won't be until September 7th, I can't see much point in choosing the traditional format for a couple of weeks. I'm sure you did your research, I remember the survey, but as someone who is approaching retirement, all monthly outgoing will be severely scrutinised and frankly, however much I would like gold membership, I just can't afford it.

As a macOS user, I'm familiar with being treated as a second class citizen :), but for some Windows users that perception may be a rude shock.

amigacooke
August 23rd, 2018, 01:32 AM

To be fair, it's not only a subscription based Trainz.

KotangaGirl
August 23rd, 2018, 01:44 AM
Tony, - I can certainly see from the pictures and video that TS2019 looks a lot better, but once again as a UK railways enthusiast there isn't really anything bundled with TS2019 that is of any interest to me. As someone who survives on an Invalid's pension I have to watch my budgeting carefully though with care I'm able to maintain my interest in Trainz which is certainly my main source of entertainment since I'm largely bed-bound these days. If TS2019 did have decent UK content I might have purchased it in two weeks time, but since it doesn't I'll wait to pick it up cheap in a sale.
And on the subscription issue there is really nothing there that's of any interest to me and besides I can't afford it. Some folk who just want to whizz trainz around and don't care what they are might go for a subscription, but there's nothing there at all for the UK railways enthusiast and I'm not alone in feeling that way.

amigacooke
August 23rd, 2018, 01:49 AM
Tony, - I can certainly see from the pictures and video that TS2019 looks a lot better, but once again as a UK railways enthusiast there isn't really anything bundled with TS2019 that is of any interest to me. As someone who survives on an Invalid's pension I have to watch my budgeting carefully though with care I'm able to maintain my interest in Trainz which is certainly my main source of entertainment since I'm largely bed-bound these days. If TS2019 did have decent UK content I might have purchased it in two weeks time, but since it doesn't I'll wait to pick it up cheap in a sale.
And on the subscription issue there is really nothing there that's of any interest to me and besides I can't afford it. Some folk who just want to whizz trainz around and don't care what they are might go for a subscription, but there's nothing there at all for the UK railways enthusiast and I'm not alone in feeling that way.

While I accept there is nothing in the TRS19 content that interests you, there are clearly 3 UK based routes which surely must be of interest to at least some UK railway enthusiasts?

Vern
August 23rd, 2018, 02:17 AM
So with a level headed hat on, if we discard the subscription model (which is kind of like what Sony do on the PS store for those wanting to play old PS1 and PS2 games on a PS4) as a non starter for most users and wait for TRS2019 to launch on Steam*, then come down to a more reasonable £30 ($40) in either the Christmas sale, or Easter 2019 - what default content actually ships with the game? Or is it basically just the toolset and any routes have to be purchased or subscribed to.

I can certainly wait until it hits the bargain basement, the philanthropists are welcome to their over-priced experience and who knows by Easter next year the first few patches will have put right any game stopping bugs.

*Assuming it goes on Steam. Until then I'll be plodding around in TANE, MSTS or DTG or enjoying my new Farming Sim.

Tony_Hilliam
August 23rd, 2018, 02:55 AM
Definitely coming to Steam (timing not yet announced).
Built-in content is outlined at: http://trs2019.trainzportal.com/
(But if you haven't seen that, I am wondering which links you clicked on or what info we're missing there?)
And as I have said elsewhere, many more people are choosing the Gold Class option over pre-orders.
(And you may or may not yet have seen the latest announcement regarding pre-orders? https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?147862-Open-Letter-to-the-Trainz-Community

KotangaGirl
August 23rd, 2018, 03:41 AM
While I accept there is nothing in the TRS19 content that interests you, there are clearly 3 UK based routes which surely must be of interest to at least some UK railway enthusiasts?

The Cornish Mainline I already have and any other steam era UK enthusiast you care to name will have it too, - and Edinburgh-Dundee is the dreaded blue diesel era which is of no interest me and many other Uk enthusiasts as well. The route itself is most probably beautifully crafted, but the 1970's is definitely not an era I want to be reminded about. I didn't see a third UK option listed so perhaps you know something I don't.

Tony_Hilliam
August 23rd, 2018, 04:08 AM
The Cornish Mainline I already have
You don't have the TRS19 version, nor the 5 (I think - please don't hold me to that) brand new sessions.
Nor do you get to see it in full "PBR" lighting glory in TANE. I'm sure you'll see some comparison screenshots soon enough once we ready the newly updated TRS19 version for release to our Early Acces users.

Vern
August 23rd, 2018, 04:42 AM
Definitely coming to Steam (timing not yet announced).
Built-in content is outlined at: http://trs2019.trainzportal.com/
(But if you haven't seen that, I am wondering which links you clicked on or what info we're missing there?)
And as I have said elsewhere, many more people are choosing the Gold Class option over pre-orders.
(And you may or may not yet have seen the latest announcement regarding pre-orders? https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?147862-Open-Letter-to-the-Trainz-Community

I have found it now Tony, right down the bottom of the page.

For the benefit of others struggling to see the information, the routes are:

Kickstarter County 2
Canadian Rockies
Sebino Lake (Italian)
Niddertalbahn
Cornish Main Line
Edinburgh to Dundee

A nice selection but sorry, still not worth nearly £60/$70 for the basic game when it comes on general release without subscription. I know our current crap exchange rate £ to US$ doesn't help and isn't N3V's fault but pitched around £40/$50 I might have been tempted. As I'm sure would many others. At the risk of repeating myself I can wait patiently for the inevitable Steam sale and in the meantime work on routes in TANE in readiness.

NICKEL
August 23rd, 2018, 04:56 AM
A nice selection but sorry, still not worth nearly £60/$70 for the basic game when it comes on general release without subscription. I know our current crap exchange rate £ to US$ doesn't help and isn't N3V's fault but pitched around £40/$50 I might have been tempted. As I'm sure would many others. At the risk of repeating myself I can wait patiently for the inevitable Steam sale and in the meantime work on routes in TANE in readiness.

You think your exchange rate sucks. Try the Canadian exchange rate. $69.99 in Canadian dollars is $91.23 plus the 2.5% currency conversion cost on your credit card makes it around $93.50 for this game. This is over double I have ever paid for any new versions of this game. Steep increase.

Davie_UCF
August 23rd, 2018, 05:11 AM
I partly understand the options...but

It feels odd that I would spend all this money then if I cancel the subscription I lose it all and have to buy it all again if I want it outright/forever.

That's where I worry about the subscription.
For example my car, I pay monthly but have the option of buying it at the end of 3 years... I don't have to pay the entire value of it as I've already paid for most of it.. I only have to pay a certain amount.
Why can't the subscription be like that? You get a discount after a year incase you cancel and want to keep some things.
Especially considering by then you'd have paid for the basic product and a few of the dlc anyway.

Also, where is the list of new features and screenshots of them?

pware
August 23rd, 2018, 05:52 AM

Show me where it says that you have to buy a subscription to get TS19, or access to the DLS or the DLC?

The program is available as a stand-alone without the subscriptions or the membership options and you still get access to the DLS and any DLC you want. Users can pick the options that suit them.

Tony_Hilliam
August 23rd, 2018, 05:52 AM
For an overview check out: http://trs2019.trainzportal.com/

For the intricate details, check out this page: http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/gold-class-membership-early-access

For answers to all your questions check this page: http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

amigacooke
August 23rd, 2018, 06:28 AM
I didn't see a third UK option listed so perhaps you know something I don't.

Oops, I've been using the ECML in TRS19, my mistake.

Davie_UCF
August 23rd, 2018, 08:14 AM
For an overview check out: http://trs2019.trainzportal.com/

For the intricate details, check out this page: http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/gold-class-membership-early-access

For answers to all your questions check this page: http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

I can't see anything about improvements to procedural track, for example does it support crossovers and more complex points than just the standard one diverging track?

It's one of my bugbears with TANE, the awesome points with check rail and moving parts but nothing is generated for a crossover or double/single slip.

JCitron
August 23rd, 2018, 08:40 AM

It feels odd that I would spend all this money then if I cancel the subscription I lose it all and have to buy it all again if I want it outright/forever.

That's where I worry about the subscription.
For example my car, I pay monthly but have the option of buying it at the end of 3 years... I don't have to pay the entire value of it as I've already paid for most of it.. I only have to pay a certain amount.
Why can't the subscription be like that? You get a discount after a year incase you cancel and want to keep some things.
Especially considering by then you'd have paid for the basic product and a few of the dlc anyway.

Also, where is the list of new features and screenshots of them?

Davie,

The subscription will continue again if you stop then start up again, according to the FAQ and the Trainz Portal. The subscription runs month-to-month so if you were to purchase a TRS2019 subscription 23/08/2018, and go with the monthly subscription, then your next invoice is due on the 23rd of each month and is setup automatically unless you stop it. If you do stop the payment, then the subscription runs until the next invoice then suspends.

If you decide to start up again a few months later, then you just pay and go. You haven't lost anything you've already bought or downloaded, and everything will still be there and available for access again.

On the screenshots good question...

Someone should setup a TRS2019 Screenshots thread so that pics can be uploaded. Why there haven't been any official pictures, I don't know. Those of us that did the beta do have pictures we can share.

martinvk
August 23rd, 2018, 09:11 AM

...What did you think that that means? On the FAQ page (http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs) it says
You can cancel your membership at any time and access to items in your Content Vault (and other benefits) will end at the expiration of that billing period.If you meant TRS19, I don't see any mention of losing TRS19 itself nor anything that has been downloaded.

Vern
August 23rd, 2018, 09:49 AM
I can't see anything about improvements to procedural track, for example does it support crossovers and more complex points than just the standard one diverging track?

It's one of my bugbears with TANE, the awesome points with check rail and moving parts but nothing is generated for a crossover or double/single slip.

Probably not though one of those who bought it can confirm. When I posted a list of questions a few weeks ago regarding core improvements I'm sure this was one of them. It was swiftly disavowed as a wish list with the regular "see no evil" characters wading in to add their weight to this!

ColPrice2002
August 23rd, 2018, 09:58 AM
Probably not though one of those who bought it can confirm. When I posted a list of questions a few weeks ago regarding core improvements I'm sure this was one of them. It was swiftly disavowed as a wish list with the regular "see no evil" characters wading in to add their weight to this!

I've just attempted a 3 way junction and crossovers in TS19. Version 96000 allows me to create the crossovers, junctions and slips, but these are "flat" - i.e. not procedural, no check rails etc.
Perhaps a later version?

Regards,

Colin

Davie_UCF
August 23rd, 2018, 10:37 AM
What did you think that that means? On the FAQ page (http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs) it says If you meant TRS19, I don't see any mention of losing TRS19 itself nor anything that has been downloaded.

Davie,

The subscription will continue again if you stop then start up again, according to the FAQ and the Trainz Portal. The subscription runs month-to-month so if you were to purchase a TRS2019 subscription 23/08/2018, and go with the monthly subscription, then your next invoice is due on the 23rd of each month and is setup automatically unless you stop it. If you do stop the payment, then the subscription runs until the next invoice then suspends.

If you decide to start up again a few months later, then you just pay and go. You haven't lost anything you've already bought or downloaded, and everything will still be there and available for access again.

On the screenshots good question...

Someone should setup a TRS2019 Screenshots thread so that pics can be uploaded. Why there haven't been any official pictures, I don't know. Those of us that did the beta do have pictures we can share.

I mean, should I stop the subscription and then want to buy the product outright, not subscribe.. or do I keep TS19 if I stop subbing?

For example, I am a gold subscriber and have got lots of DLC through it... One day, I decide I don't want to spend money every month because I go weeks without even touching the game sometimes so I cancel the subscription.
But I still want to be able to play Trainz without being committed and feeling bad if I spend a month or two without having time to play... So I buy Trainz 2019 outright, I've now lost all the DLC I got through the subscription and if I want it or require it as some of it is used in my routes/layouts I have to buy the DLC the old fashioned way to get it back, with no discount considering I already paid for it in one way.

I feel like the subscription almost traps you, especially if you use any content from DLC in a route or layout, once you end the sub the DLC is 'inactive'.

Or am I wrong?

I've just attempted a 3 way junction and crossovers in TS19. Version 96000 allows me to create the crossovers, junctions and slips, but these are "flat" - i.e. not procedural, no check rails etc.
Perhaps a later version?

Regards,

Colin

This really really really disappoints me. One of the big features of TANE was the procedural junctions, something we've wanted for near forever. Yet it seems they've abandoned it and left it unfinished... unless it is guaranteed to be coming in a future update to Trainz 2019 I don't have much reason to purchase it.

JCitron
August 23rd, 2018, 10:39 AM
Perhaps a later version?

Regards,

Colin

That's a possibility because there were some issues regarding the points check rails, and other components that cause some really weird looking track. I know that it's too bad that the components aren't there right now, but it's better until the devs can work out what's wrong.

You might want to send in a bug report in case it's been missed. They'll let you know if it's been reported or not.

martinvk
August 23rd, 2018, 10:55 AM

I feel like the subscription almost traps you, especially if you use any content from DLC in a route or layout, once you end the sub the DLC is 'inactive'.

Or am I wrong?

Good point. Communications, the clear and unambiguous kind, has never been their strong suit. Too much left for interpretation. Is that DLC forever tied to the subscription method of acquiring it or once part of your installation, as long as you're a member, it will continue to work?

This really really really disappoints me. One of the big features of TANE was the procedural junctions, something we've wanted for near forever. Yet it seems they've abandoned it and left it unfinished... unless it is guaranteed to be coming in a future update to Trainz 2019 I don't have much reason to purchase it.Don't know how difficult it is to program different types of crossings but from their lack, it would appear to not be easy. Else we would have seen them already. Not something that would be held back if it was possible seeing as how it would be a huge feather in their cap.

KotangaGirl
August 23rd, 2018, 11:10 AM
Oops, I've been using the ECML in TRS19, my mistake.

I wondered if it was the ECML. Good enough in its day, but now very dated unfortunately.

Vern
August 23rd, 2018, 11:12 AM
a huge feather in their cap

A "feather" which MSTS had in 2001 and RS/RW had from the outset. ;) I suspect the main issue is not so much one of drawing the track but of registering the crossover or diamond within the signalling system without the user resorting to complex third party solutions.

KotangaGirl
August 23rd, 2018, 12:43 PM
I had a think about the subscription model and I decided to go for the silver option for now. My life situation is perhaps different to most in that I'm a mostly bed bound invalid with no real demands on my time, I don't have a job I have to go to and I don't have a life partner/husband/ significant other I have to diplomatically negotiate with over spending money , - and after getting out of a hell of a 15 year long abusive marriage I'm totally happy to be on my own (Praise be!). So I'm free to do what I want and what I do most of the time is play trains, build layouts and just lately make pre-grouping era rolling stock for upload to the DLS.

I still use the older versions of Trainz and I mostly use them for building my layouts since they do what they say on the tin and there's no 'TANE ate my homework' issues with them. Lately I've been using TANE SP3 purely just to play trains (if you excuse the expression) on the better quality UK layouts I've downloaded from the DLS. If I look on TS2019 as just being like a video game and an upgrade on TANE SP3 and I just use it for playing trains it will no doubt be good entertainment. I might be dead in five years so I don't especially care if N3V lasts the distance or not, - though I hope they do. The subscription cost is about the same as going to see a movie in a movie theatre or a very small and modest lunch at a cafe which are both things I can't do so what the hell. It isn't as if N3V is saying sign here in your own blood and we will now own your soul; - though from some of what I been reading in these thread you'd think they were doing that. It's not as if any of the DLC is stuff I might have worked on for hours like my own models so if it all goes 'poof' off to vapour land why should I care. If I had a bit of fun with it that should be all that counts.

So sorry for the longish post, but I just wanted to throw my thoughts out there. And just in case anybody thinks the rot is setting in I still hate diesels and star wars toothpaste tube trains and I definitely won't be running any of those.

Vals_Loeder
August 23rd, 2018, 01:36 PM
Show me where it says that you have to buy a subscription to get TS19, or access to the DLS or the DLC?

The program is available as a stand-alone without the subscriptions or the membership options and you still get access to the DLS and any DLC you want. Users can pick the options that suit them.

Where do I say you have to buy a subscription? This sub thing is new to trainz, hence we have a sub based Trainz; from now on. And because this will generate more revenue you can already see that you "get" a lot more when subbing. BUT if you want to actually "have" it you will need to pay again. Which is, to me, not acceptable for this kind of program.

martinvk
August 23rd, 2018, 01:39 PM
If we look carefully, there are always some saner messages among the lot. Glad to read that Trainz has been able to help you pass the time and provide some pleasure. Diesels I understand (electric is where I swing) but I don't get the reference to "star wars toothpaste tube trains." what does that mean?

Fercyful
August 23rd, 2018, 02:08 PM
Please if I am a gold subscriber (one full year option) and buy DLC with it and next year I decide I don't want to be gold anymore and cancel the subscription.

But I still want to be able to play Trainz so I buy Trainz 2019

Then I lost all the DLC I got through the subscription or still can play with them with the standalone game? Many thanks

ps: sorry for my bad english, spanish speaker.

KotangaGirl
August 23rd, 2018, 02:33 PM
If we look carefully, there are always some saner messages among the lot. Glad to read that Trainz has been able to help you pass the time and provide some pleasure. Diesels I understand (electric is where I swing) but I don't get the reference to "star wars toothpaste tube trains." what does that mean?

This is what I mean by that Martin.

https://i.imgur.com/sLPlw7P.jpg

JCitron
August 23rd, 2018, 02:38 PM
This is what I mean by that Martin.

We should be so lucky to have something that cool looking up here in the US. :)

I know what you mean though at least they don't look like Nike sneakers like some SUVs do.

Davie_UCF
August 23rd, 2018, 02:58 PM
Please if I am a gold subscriber (one full year option) and buy DLC with it and next year I decide I don't want to be gold anymore and cancel the subscription.

But I still want to be able to play Trainz so I buy Trainz 2019

Then I lost all the DLC I got through the subscription or still can play with them with the standalone game? Many thanks

ps: sorry for my bad english, spanish speaker.

That is my question too.

KotangaGirl
August 23rd, 2018, 03:05 PM
If my health really packs up and I die and I arrange to have my estate keep my subscription going can I still play Trainz in the afterlife? https://i.imgur.com/CiGqXXb.png

Tony_Hilliam
August 23rd, 2018, 03:42 PM
Gold Class members get 25% off everything (digital items) in the store. Buying those items as a member is no different to buying them normally, so obviously it is yours to keep.

The 15 items in your Content Vault starter pack and the 5 items you choose each month from the Monthly Collection that you enjoyed throughout the year will show as "Not active" when you cancel your annual membership.

Let's say a few months later a new route that you like worth $39.99 is released as part of the Monthly Collection. You can subscribe for a month for $14.99, enjoy that DLC item for a month, and all your previously selected DLC is now active again.

Plus you'll get to try out some new DLC items during the month as well (as part of your Preview Pass), plus select 4 other items to add to your Content Vault that month and (since it's 5 items per calendar month) you get another 5 items to select in the next month.

Prior to the end of the expiry of your month (if you rejoin on the 6th, your membership goes to the 5th of the next month), you can decide:
(i) You liked the value of the 10 new DLC items you got so you rejoin for another month
(ii) Use your 25% discount to get $10 off the new route you liked and cancel again (this means you're only $5 worse off for your full month)