PDA

View Full Version : is there a website that offers a good selection of American wildlife content?

JonMyrlennBailey
May 4th, 2018, 06:46 PM
A third-party website.

3D animals (also sound objects for these beasts)

-red fox
-raccoon
-hoot owl
-bob cat
-coyote
-kodiak bear
-grizzly bear
-mountain lion
-bobcat
-lynx
-white-tail deer
-pronghorn antelope
-American bison
-moose
-beaver
-skunk
-squirrel
-wild sheep
-rabbit

3D trees

-Sequoia
-California redwood

cascaderailroad
May 4th, 2018, 08:05 PM
Try here: https://www.auran.com/DLS/

dangavel
May 4th, 2018, 09:25 PM
beware, those animal sounds can drive you batty and , if buried in forests can be hard to remove. in one version of trainz for some reason I could not turn the sound off in surveyor and there was a wolf somewhere in the woods that was constantly howling whilst i was working on the route and it drove me mad, ended up deleting masses of trees before i found it.

sound effects are ok if used in moderation, but for instance a car full of chattering passengers is a right royal pain in the backside when listened to for 30 odd minutes, especially if whoever made it didn't tone down the volume :-(

JCitron
May 4th, 2018, 09:39 PM
beware, those animal sounds can drive you batty and , if buried in forests can be hard to remove. in one version of trainz for some reason I could not turn the sound off in surveyor and there was a wolf somewhere in the woods that was constantly howling whilst i was working on the route and it drove me mad, ended up deleting masses of trees before i found it.

sound effects are ok if used in moderation, but for instance a car full of chattering passengers is a right royal pain in the backside when listened to for 30 odd minutes, especially if whoever made it didn't tone down the volume :-(

I did exactly what you did with a forest with crows! They were bad enough to be making the noise, but it them making noise that could be heard on the other end of the route that was annoying.

Recently I came across a coughing child who sounded like he was ready for the sanatorium. I ended up searching all over until I found the sound-producing object and deleted it, but it was a pain to find.

As Dan and I have said, use them with caution.

brucem56
May 5th, 2018, 03:47 AM
I've found that switching to grid view makes finding sound files much easier :)

cascaderailroad
May 5th, 2018, 06:13 AM
You should always place a static asset, such as a namable sign, building, or animal, exactly overtop were you placed the sound asset, so you can find out exactly where it is placed, so you can easily delete it

I accidentally always had "Adler" crows circling (as it was at the very top of the surveyor picklist) so I renamed the asset: "ZAdler" now it is at the bottom of the picklist

JCitron
May 5th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Yup I used grid mode to find the crows and coughing chid, but the route creator was sneaky and placed objects on top of the sound-assets. I had to narrow down the area then tip at an angle to see under buildings, and rocks to find the sound producers.

I made the mistake of placing flying geese more than a few times because I didn't see them. When I zoomed out, I had a huge number of geese circling around. If I hadn't placed other objects down and setup a complex scene, I would have used the undo button.