PDA

View Full Version : Inserting Images

ess1
April 17th, 2018, 08:46 AM
Can't remember last time I uploaded an image. Since discovered that photo bucket and instant image no longer allow uploads to a forum for free subscribers.

Appreciate recommendation/s please.

MF01
April 17th, 2018, 08:54 AM
Imgur it's free but like all photo hosting website it can disapear or being payware so in cas of that: upload your pics and save them on a file on your computer

ess1
April 17th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Thank you very much for prompt and helpful reply. Presume I only have to paste url into "Insert Image" as I once did for above mentioned?

MF01
April 17th, 2018, 10:59 AM
You upload your pics on the website and then paste the BBcode link in this forum

ess1
April 17th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Many thanks, again:)

MF01
April 17th, 2018, 11:10 AM
You're welcome

HiBaller
April 17th, 2018, 12:37 PM
You might also consider creating your own web site. There are loads of free site creators out there including Wordpress and others. Once you have a site, you can use it to host your pictures and KNOW where they are and how secure they may be. I use my own site all the time to host pictures. Mine is rather extenseive, but only costs me around $85 a year.

Bill

oknotsen
April 17th, 2018, 01:57 PM
... or just use the Trainz Gallery. You can even upload to it from in game (TANE and TMR).

ess1
April 18th, 2018, 09:06 AM
... or just use the Trainz Gallery. You can even upload to it from in game (TANE and TMR).

Thank you for this info. Will do a screen capture and, presumably, find it in the N3V folder.

ess1
April 24th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Captured screenshots whilst in Driver but could not see any folder for them.

And I thought you gained experience with age, silly me.:(

JCitron
April 24th, 2018, 04:31 PM
Captured screenshots whilst in Driver but could not see any folder for them.

And I thought you gained experience with age, silly me.:(

Mosey over to where your T:ANE data lives and go to the Screenshots folder. To get the exact path it's easier to do this:

Open up T:ANE Launcher.
Go to Trainz Settings
Click on the install path.

This will show you were it's located, which by default is that gawd awful C:/Users/(your login)/App Data/Local/N3V Games/TANE/Build something.

The something equals a bunch of letters and numbers.

(When I reinstalled T:ANE back in the beginning, the first thing I did was put the data on another hard drive under a TANE_DATA folder. It's a lot simpler and saner to find).