PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me out?

lumpy
March 29th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Ok I screwed something up and I am not sure how to fix it. I reinstalled Trainz 12 after running Tane for awhile. All was great until I decided that I preferred Tane. So I again uninstalled 12 and resumed using Tane. Now when I try to download anything to Tane it wont recognize or open the CM. I can download content directing through CM from the DLS but any other sites I get asked by windows if I want to continue using the trains 12 CM which I uninstalled and doesn't give me an option for the Tane CM

edh6
March 29th, 2018, 08:49 AM
Drag and drop CDP files from Windows explorer into a manage content window and they will install. If you want a longer term solution that restores the file associations then I think Shane Turner has a programme available that can reset them.

lumpy
March 29th, 2018, 08:57 AM
ok ty edh6 the dragging and drop does work. I would definitely be interested if there is a program out that would fix this long term. thank you for taking the time to help me out

HiBaller
March 29th, 2018, 11:42 AM
Go to the Control Panel and choose the link to Default Programs. The second on in the list is "Associate a file type or protocol with a program". When that opens, scroll down to .CDP and double-click it. A pop-up will open , telling you what the default program is. If you don't want that program, click the tiny down-pointing blue arrow and view "Other Programs". If T:ANE isn't there, click the Browse burtton and navigate to your T:ANE installation and select the Tane executable, clicking the Open button. You will now be able to double-click CDP files and T:ANE will open them. I am almost sure that Windows will now utilize T:ANE as your 'executable of choice' for default.

Bill

KenGreen
March 29th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Post deleted