PDA

View Full Version : Greetings! Old player looking to return,and i have a question

gokumike2002
March 1st, 2018, 12:20 PM
Hello the last time i played trainz was the 2010 engineer's edition, it has been quite some time but i am having the model train itch again. I don't have space for real model trains so i figured i would get my fix by making my own in the 3D haha. My question is - can you delete content from trainz a new era? one of the problems that really irked me in 2010 was that i could not remove any of the old content from previous versions that i was never going to use. It was a real pain scrolling through the massive amount of items to find what i wanted to place down.

Thanks for any info you can give!

shaneturner12
March 1st, 2018, 12:29 PM
If you mean built-in content then no as far as I'm aware - you can use the disable feature to hide it though (although this may affect anything that depends on it).

Shane

gokumike2002
March 1st, 2018, 12:41 PM
If you mean built-in content then no as far as I'm aware - you can use the disable feature to hide it though (although this may affect anything that depends on it).

Shane

if that means it cuts down endlessly scrolling through massive list of cars and locos to get the ones i added or want to remain, then that would be helpful?

shaneturner12
March 1st, 2018, 12:44 PM
It probably will be helpful subject to the proviso I mentioned regarding asset dependencies.

Shane

ecco
March 1st, 2018, 03:49 PM
Set up your picklist. Make a one-time pass through "objects", trains and textures and just move the ones you want to the picklist. That will reduce the "endless scrolling", but will still give you the ability to use the right hand menus to look for stuff you missed or thought of after the fact.

Just remembered, someone suggested making a one baseboard "starter" board. Move the stuff you think you want onto this baseboard. When you are ready to start a new Route named eg Next Big Thing, open your "starter", do a Save As - Next Big Thing, exit, Edit Route Next Big Thing. Now everything is at your fingertips for your new Route. Make a note of other things you add to Next Big Thing and afterward also add them "starter".

ecco
March 1st, 2018, 04:42 PM
Set up your picklist. Make a one-time pass through "objects", trains and textures and just move the ones you want to the picklist. That will reduce the "endless scrolling", but will still give you the ability to use the right hand menus to look for stuff you missed or thought of after the fact.

Just remembered, someone suggested making a one baseboard "starter" board. Move the stuff you think you want onto this baseboard. When you are ready to start a new Route named eg Next Big Thing, open your "starter", do a Save As - Next Big Thing, exit, Edit Route Next Big Thing. Now everything is at your fingertips for your new Route. Make a note of other things you add to Next Big Thing and afterward also add them "starter".

pware
March 1st, 2018, 05:05 PM
Ecco, I think that that message is important enough to make it worth repeating :D

rjhowie
March 2nd, 2018, 08:42 PM
Nice yo see you have returned.

Bobby

(from the centre of the universe)

ecco
March 3rd, 2018, 11:39 PM
Ecco, I think that that message is important enough to make it worth repeating :D
Darn!
Darn!

Donno how that happened.:confused: